IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Recipe: Vegan Tennessee Corn Pone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I thought I would forward this recipe and also I took a look at the website she was talking about and I wanna be her kid!

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:58:09 -0500 Recipe: Vegan Tennessee Corn Pone

You've probably seen the Vegan Lunch Box blog that it seems every vegetarian email list is talking about. This recipe comes from there, and it was already oil-free so I haven't adapted anything. Looks like a good one to try one of these nights.

Susan

P.S. If you haven't seen the blog, check it out. It's amazing the amount of effort this mom puts into her child's lunchbox. I barely have time to spread the peanut butter onto the bread! :-) http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

Vegan Tennessee Corn Pone

This is just right for 2-3 people, but can easily be doubled and baked in a larger skillet or baking dish. You may have to increase baking time for the larger size.2 cups well-seasoned cooked beans, or one 15 oz. can vegetarian chili3/4 cup nondairy milk2 tsp. plain white vinegar2 TB ground flaxseed1/2 cup cornmeal1/2 tsp. baking soda1/2 tsp. kosher saltPreheat oven to 400º.Warm the beans or chili in a pan on the stove until bubbly. Lightly spray an 8-inch cast iron skillet (or other baking dish) with nonstick spray, and set aside.Meanwhile, whisk the nondairy milk, vinegar, and ground flax together (soymilk will curdle, which is fine).In a separate bowl whisk together the cornmeal, baking soda, and salt. Add the liquid ingredients and whisk until well combined.Drain any excess liquid off the beans (they should be juicy but not too wet). Pour

the beans into the skillet and top with the cornmeal mixture.Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bread is set and golden brown.

http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2005/05/vegan-tennessee-corn-pone.htmlJonnie

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Very Good, but NO MUFFINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Valley Vegan...............Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

I thought I would forward this recipe and also I took a look at the website she was talking about and I wanna be her kid!

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:58:09 -0500 Recipe: Vegan Tennessee Corn Pone

You've probably seen the Vegan Lunch Box blog that it seems every vegetarian email list is talking about. This recipe comes from there, and it was already oil-free so I haven't adapted anything. Looks like a good one to try one of these nights.

Susan

P.S. If you haven't seen the blog, check it out. It's amazing the amount of effort this mom puts into her child's lunchbox. I barely have time to spread the peanut butter onto the bread! :-) http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

Vegan Tennessee Corn Pone

This is just right for 2-3 people, but can easily be doubled and baked in a larger skillet or baking dish. You may have to increase baking time for the larger size.2 cups well-seasoned cooked beans, or one 15 oz. can vegetarian chili3/4 cup nondairy milk2 tsp. plain white vinegar2 TB ground flaxseed1/2 cup cornmeal1/2 tsp. baking soda1/2 tsp. kosher saltPreheat oven to 400º.Warm the beans or chili in a pan on the stove until bubbly. Lightly spray an 8-inch cast iron skillet (or other baking dish) with nonstick spray, and set aside.Meanwhile, whisk the nondairy milk, vinegar, and ground flax together (soymilk will curdle, which is fine).In a separate bowl whisk together the cornmeal, baking soda, and salt. Add the liquid ingredients and whisk until well combined.Drain any excess liquid off the beans (they should be juicy but not too wet). Pour

the beans into the skillet and top with the cornmeal mixture.Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bread is set and golden brown.

http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2005/05/vegan-tennessee-corn-pone.htmlJonnie

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos