IndiaDivine.org

Happy Halloween

Rate this topic

Guest guest

-----Forwarded Message----- Meatout Mondays Oct 28, 2005 9:35 AM ebbrewpunx Happy Halloween

October 31, 2005

Recipe

Jack O' Lantern Jewels Halloween is here! If you’re wondering what to do with the remaining carvings from your Jack O’ Lantern, here’s a tasty idea. Be sure to save the seeds after hollowing out your pumpkin and you can transform them into a scrumptious Halloween treat. Roasted pumpkin seeds are one of the most nutritious and flavorful seeds around. Enhanced with a lively glaze, these seeds are sure to be a hit among your friends and family. Enjoy them as a gratifying snack during your meat-free Halloween celebration! Ingredients:1 cup pumpkin seeds (from 1 medium pumpkin)5 Tbs. sugar¼ tsp. salt¼ tsp. ground cumin¼ tsp. ground cinnamon¼ tsp. ground ginger1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste)1 ½ Tbs. peanut oil Directions:1. Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees. 2. Remove and wash seeds from pumpkin. 3. Spread seeds on cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour stirring occasionally.4. In a small bowl, combine 3 Tbs. sugar with salt, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne pepper.5. Heat peanut oil in large skillet over high heat.6. Add pumpkin seeds and remaining 2 Tbs. of sugar. 7. Cook until sugar melts and seeds caramelize (about 45 seconds). 8. Transfer to bowl with spices and coat well. Let cool and serve.

For this and other recipes, click here!For additional fun & wacky Halloween concoctions, click here!

product

Pangea Treats Celebrate the season with delicious vegan indulgences! Pangea has an online selection of only the best cruelty-free items and offers special vegan Halloween products. Treat yourself or a loved one to delicious bakery-fresh sugar cookies in fun, spooky shapes and colors. You can also check out Pangea’s online store and browse their selection of shoes, food items, apparel, books, videos, gift baskets, and more! Pangea is ethically bound to selling only vegan products that were manufactured in countries where labor laws or unions are in place to protect the workers. They do not sell any items produced in countries known for having sweatshops.

For this and other Halloween goodies, visit Pangea at www.veganstore.com!

health

Pumpkin Prescription Pumpkin is perfect, and its seeds are sensational! Both are high in calcium. Pumpkin offers fiber and is rich in vitamins A and C as well as beta carotene. It’s high in potassium, contains only a trace of sodium and fat and no cholesterol. Pumpkin seeds and oil are a source of zinc and unsaturated fatty acids. The seeds are high in iron and phosphorus, with some magnesium and copper as well as vitamin E and a mix of B vitamins.Pumpkin seeds, and the oil they contain, have long been used as folk medicine. Preliminary studies have shown that pumpkin seeds may reduce hormonal damage to prostate cells, thus possibly reducing the risk of developing prostate cancer. They have also been used to treat urinary tract infections, and in certain parts of Europe have been used to treat learning disorders. In China, pumpkin seeds are regarded as a remedy for depression.

For the full article, click here!

inspiration

Mistress of Compassion Cassandra Peterson, also known as Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, has been working for the animals since 1989. A long-time vegetarian, Cassandra has supported animal advocacy groups and has hosted many pro-vegetarian events and fundraisers over the years. One of her more notable events brought much public attention to the meat-free options for Thanksgivings. Hosting a vegetarian Thanksgiving Dinner at her home, Cassandra invited several fellow celebrity vegetarians for the occasion, including K.D. Lang, Rue McClanahan, Katey Sagal, and Casey Kasem. The dinner was held two days prior to Thanksgiving day so that national media coverage of the event could promote an alternative to a turkey dinner. Visit GentleThanksgiving.org for more information on how you can have a meat-free Thanksgiving and educate others about a compassionate meat-free holiday.

To find out more about Cassandra's efforts, visit her site at Elvira.com! To purchase an "I Don't Eat My Friends" t-shirt, call FARM at 1-800-MEAT-OUT.

Pass it on!

Thanks for reading this week's issue of Meatout Mondays! Share the veggie love with your friends and family... forward it or sign them up!

Meatout Mondays is published each week by:FARM - Farm Animal Reform MovementP.O. Box 30654 | Bethesda, MD 20824info

To , If you are not a member of this list and would like to be,

Email list management powered by http://MailerMailer.com

The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other

sets of people are human: Aldous Huxley

i use to go see rocky horror all the time..

monday..surprise of surprises...i'm going to a show

heartwerk <jo.heartwork

Oct 28, 2005 12:12 PM

Re: Happy Halloween

Hi Jonnie

It doesn't appeal to me - but we're all different. Haved a lovely time.

BB

Jo

, Jonnie Hellens

<jonnie_hellens> wrote:

>

> We rented Rocky Horror to watch Halloween nite. We are gonna have a

munchie/movie party. It should be fun!

>

> Lynda <lurine@s...> wrote: He's just a sweet transvestite...

>

> http://www.dubyad40.com/images/potwtmul/rockyholgw.jpg

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Visit your group " " on the web.

>

>

I just got back from seeing Corpse Bride , took my oldest daughter to put her in a Haloween mood.

Funny how Tim Burton always makes the dead and the underworld more colorful and more fun, and the land of the living drab and grey? says something doesnt it?

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i use to go see rocky horror all the time..monday..surprise of surprises...i'm going to a showheartwerk Oct 28, 2005 12:12 PM Subject: Re: Happy HalloweenHi JonnieIt doesn't appeal to me - but we're all different. Haved a lovely time.BBJo , Jonnie Hellenswrote:>> We rented Rocky Horror to watch Halloween nite. We are gonna have amunchie/movie party. It should be fun!> > Lynda wrote: He's just a sweet transvestite...> > http://www.dubyad40.com/images/potwtmul/rockyholgw.jpg> > > > > > To send an email to - >

> > > > > > > Visit your group "" on the web.> >

Hi Peter

I want to see that - was it good, and did it put your daughter in the

right mood?

He is very good at the dark and weird.

Jo

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>

> I just got back from seeing Corpse Bride , took my oldest daughter

to put her in a Haloween mood.

> Funny how Tim Burton always makes the dead and the underworld more

colorful and more fun, and the land of the living drab and grey? says

something doesnt it?

>

> The Valley Vegan.............

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> i use to go see rocky horror all the time..

> monday..surprise of surprises...i'm going to a show

>

>

> heartwerk

> Oct 28, 2005 12:12 PM

>

> Re: Happy Halloween

>

> Hi Jonnie

>

> It doesn't appeal to me - but we're all different. Haved a lovely time.

>

> BB

> Jo

>

> , Jonnie Hellens

> wrote:

> >

> > We rented Rocky Horror to watch Halloween nite. We are gonna have a

> munchie/movie party. It should be fun!

> >

> > Lynda wrote: He's just a sweet transvestite...

> >

> > http://www.dubyad40.com/images/potwtmul/rockyholgw.jpg

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to

-

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Visit your group " " on the web.

> >

> >

my partner was complainin last nite that we haven't seen it yet...

hopefully next week(its out of main theaters here, but some of the smaller ones still have it)

saw the Family Guy movie last nite..and then started with hitch hikers guide to the galaxy..but..we were workin on our costumes all nite..and by the time i got to watchin the movie it was midnite and i passed out

whoops peter hurd Oct 28, 2005 3:14 PM Re: Re: Happy Halloween

I just got back from seeing Corpse Bride , took my oldest daughter to put her in a Haloween mood.

Funny how Tim Burton always makes the dead and the underworld more colorful and more fun, and the land of the living drab and grey? says something doesnt it?

i use to go see rocky horror all the time..monday..surprise of surprises...i'm going to a showheartwerk Oct 28, 2005 12:12 PM Subject: Re: Happy HalloweenHi JonnieIt doesn't appeal to me - but we're all different. Haved a lovely time.BBJo , Jonnie Hellenswrote:>> We rented Rocky Horror to watch Halloween nite. We are gonna have amunchie/movie party. It should be fun!> > Lynda wrote: He's just a sweet transvestite...> > http://www.dubyad40.com/images/potwtmul/rockyholgw.jpg> > > > > > To send an email to - > > > > > > > > Visit your group "" on the web.> >

Costumes?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you kinky devil!

The Valley Vegan...................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

hopefully next week(its out of main theaters here, but some of the smaller ones still have it)

saw the Family Guy movie last nite..and then started with hitch hikers guide to the galaxy..but..we were workin on our costumes all nite..and by the time i got to watchin the movie it was midnite and i passed out

i use to go see rocky horror all the time..monday..surprise of surprises...i'm going to a showheartwerk Oct 28, 2005 12:12 PM Subject: Re: Happy HalloweenHi JonnieIt doesn't appeal to me - but we're all different. Haved a lovely time.BBJo , Jonnie Hellenswrote:>> We rented Rocky Horror to watch Halloween nite. We are gonna have amunchie/movie party. It should be fun!> > Lynda wrote: He's just a sweet transvestite...> > http://www.dubyad40.com/images/potwtmul/rockyholgw.jpg> > > > > > To send an email to - >

Yes I thought it was very well made, shame about the musical bits though, perked up in the second half of the film. One to see, particularly suited to all hallows eve.

The Valley Vegan............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi PeterI want to see that - was it good, and did it put your daughter in theright mood?He is very good at the dark and weird.Jo , peter hurd wrote:>> I just got back from seeing Corpse Bride , took my oldest daughterto put her in a Haloween mood.> Funny how Tim Burton always makes the dead and the underworld morecolorful and more fun, and the land of the living drab and grey? sayssomething doesnt it?> > The Valley Vegan.............> > fraggle wrote:> i use to go see rocky horror all the time..> monday..surprise of surprises...i'm going to a show> > > heartwerk > Oct 28, 2005 12:12 PM> > Subject:

Re: Happy Halloween> > Hi Jonnie> > It doesn't appeal to me - but we're all different. Haved a lovely time.> > BB> Jo> > , Jonnie Hellens> wrote:> >> > We rented Rocky Horror to watch Halloween nite. We are gonna have a> munchie/movie party. It should be fun!> > > > Lynda wrote: He's just a sweet transvestite...> > > > http://www.dubyad40.com/images/potwtmul/rockyholgw.jpg> > > > > > > > > > > > To send an email to- > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Visit your group "" on the web.> > > >

that's an ENTIRELY different kettle of tofu peter

halloween costumes.... peter hurd Oct 28, 2005 3:29 PM Re: Re: Happy Halloween

i use to go see rocky horror all the time..monday..surprise of surprises...i'm going to a showheartwerk Oct 28, 2005 12:12 PM Subject: Re: Happy HalloweenHi JonnieIt doesn't appeal to me - but we're all different. Haved a lovely time.BBJo , Jonnie Hellenswrote:>> We rented Rocky Horror to watch Halloween nite. We are gonna have amunchie/movie party. It should be fun!> > Lynda wrote: He's just a sweet transvestite...> > http://www.dubyad40.com/images/potwtmul/rockyholgw.jpg> > > > > > To send an email to - > > > > > > > > Visit your group "" on the web.> >

Oh boring, you realy do take this silly thing seriously dont you. Do go vegan trick or treating?

The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

no

parties...shows....

why boring..just cuz our traditions are different then yers...

don't be such a welsh in the mud!

:)

peter hurd Oct 28, 2005 3:35 PM Re: Re: Happy Halloween

Oh boring, you realy do take this silly thing seriously dont you. Do go vegan trick or treating?

Oh bondage up yours!

no

parties...shows....

i live off youuuuuu

and you live off meeeeeeeeee

and the whole world

lives off of everybody

:) peter hurd Oct 28, 2005 3:58 PM Re: Re: Happy Halloween

Oh bondage up yours!

no

parties...shows....

Hi Jo

DH doesn't like it either and usually closes the door to the bedroom

while I sing away like a maniac. :)

BB

Nikki

, " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork@g...>

wrote:

>

> Hi Jonnie

>

> It doesn't appeal to me - but we're all different. Haved a lovely

time.

>

> BB

> Jo

>

> , Jonnie Hellens

> <jonnie_hellens> wrote:

> >

> > We rented Rocky Horror to watch Halloween nite. We are gonna

have a

> munchie/movie party. It should be fun!

Reliable old Fraggle,

The Valley Vegan................

yankee detectivesare always on the tv'cos killers in americawork seven days a weekfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i live off youuuuuu

and you live off meeeeeeeeee

and the whole world

lives off of everybody

:) peter hurd Oct 28, 2005 3:58 PM Re: Re: Happy Halloween

Oh bondage up yours!

no

parties...shows....

halloween costumes...rain..and motorcycles

just not a good combination

The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain

other

sets of people are human: Aldous Huxley

In college down at the dining hall

they used to show that movie alot

I thought it was ok, but I didn't get

the fascination with it. like a club or a cult.

all the guys used to dress up in high heels

and lipstick

some people even knew all the lines

before the lines were said

and some of them would say the lines

all together like in a chorus.

there is a moviehouse in nyc that

plays it constantly. at least I think it

still does.

its very strange.

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

>

>

*giggle*

I like strange!

I have yet to be able to go to one in person. I was suppose to a

couple of years ago, but all of my friends backed out.

I know they'll be here Monday night and am hoping to talk someone

into going with me!

Nikki :)

, " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato@e...>

wrote:

>

> In college down at the dining hall

> they used to show that movie alot

> I thought it was ok, but I didn't get

> the fascination with it. like a club or a cult.

> all the guys used to dress up in high heels

> and lipstick

> some people even knew all the lines

> before the lines were said

> and some of them would say the lines

> all together like in a chorus.

> there is a moviehouse in nyc that

> plays it constantly. at least I think it

> still does.

>

> its very strange.

>

yer suppose to shout out the lines

and make up new replies to things said in the movie

Anouk Sickler <zurumato

Oct 29, 2005 9:06 PM

In college down at the dining hall

they used to show that movie alot

I thought it was ok, but I didn't get

the fascination with it. like a club or a cult.

all the guys used to dress up in high heels

and lipstick

some people even knew all the lines

before the lines were said

and some of them would say the lines

all together like in a chorus.

there is a moviehouse in nyc that

plays it constantly. at least I think it

still does.

its very strange.

>

>

To send an email to -

don't admit its yer first time

if you do, they'll make you go to the front as they yell " virgin virgin "

earthstrm <nikkimack

Oct 30, 2005 4:15 AM

*giggle*

I like strange!

I have yet to be able to go to one in person. I was suppose to a

couple of years ago, but all of my friends backed out.

I know they'll be here Monday night and am hoping to talk someone

into going with me!

, " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato@e...>

wrote:

>

> In college down at the dining hall

> they used to show that movie alot

> I thought it was ok, but I didn't get

> the fascination with it. like a club or a cult.

> all the guys used to dress up in high heels

> and lipstick

> some people even knew all the lines

> before the lines were said

> and some of them would say the lines

> all together like in a chorus.

> there is a moviehouse in nyc that

> plays it constantly. at least I think it

> still does.

>

> its very strange.

>

To send an email to -

......................then go out and visit your local railway station, notebook in hand!................he,he...

The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

yer suppose to shout out the linesand make up new replies to things said in the movieAnouk Sickler Oct 29, 2005 9:06 PM Subject: Re: Happy HalloweenIn college down at the dining hallthey used to show that movie alotI thought it was ok, but I didn't get the fascination with it. like a club or a cult.all the guys used to dress up in high heelsand lipsticksome people even knew all the lines before the lines were saidand some of them would say the linesall together like in a chorus. there is a moviehouse in nyc thatplays it constantly. at least I think it still does. its very strange. , fraggle wrote:>> i use to go see

rocky horror all the time..> monday..surprise of surprises...i'm going to a show> To send an email to -

Actually, that may be fun...

Just kidding - THANK YOU!!!

>

> don't admit its yer first time

>

> if you do, they'll make you go to the front as they yell " virgin

virgin "

>

>

> earthstrm <nikkimack@m...>

> Oct 30, 2005 4:15 AM

>

> Re: Happy Halloween

>

> *giggle*

>

> I like strange!

>

> I have yet to be able to go to one in person. I was suppose to a

> couple of years ago, but all of my friends backed out.

>

> I know they'll be here Monday night and am hoping to talk someone

> into going with me!

>

> Nikki :)

I think the whole neighborhood heard me last night during my workout. I don't hear too well anyways, but the treadmill is very old and very loud so I had it blasted to try to hear it.earthstrm <nikkimack wrote:

Hi JoDH doesn't like it either and usually closes the door to the bedroom while I sing away like a maniac. :)BBNikki , "heartwerk" <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:>> Hi Jonnie> > It doesn't appeal to me - but we're all different. Haved a lovely time.> > BB> Jo> > , Jonnie Hellens> <jonnie_hellens> wrote:> >> > We rented Rocky Horror to watch Halloween nite. We are gonna have a> munchie/movie party. It should be fun!

You are so right!!! I try never to miss at least one date of the Rocky

Horror tours. The best one was nearly three years ago as there was one

right on my birthday and I got lots of friends together and booked

tickets for the front row, got all the props and we all dressed up. It

was happiness :-)

AlexOn 02/11/05, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i would have figured the " pelvic thrust " would have been the doozy..but..wotever..

i still think rocky horror needs to be seen in a theater to get the correct effect..

cheers

fraggle