IndiaDivine.org

Talking

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

I enjoy talking to people - well mostly anyway.

We went to a firework display this evening (Guy Fawkes night tomorrow) - it

was lovely and some were very noisy. We cannot make it to one tomorrow, so

decided to go tonight instead. What is the celebration with most fireworks

in America?

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <nikkimack

Friday, November 04, 2005 9:56 PM

Re: 800 open relationship members??

> Hi Jo

>

> I completely agree. It makes a much better relationship and develops

> stronger trust as well.

>

> BB

> Nikki :)

4th of July..independence day....

jo <jo.heartwork

Nov 4, 2005 2:11 PM

Talking

Hi Nikki

I enjoy talking to people - well mostly anyway.

We went to a firework display this evening (Guy Fawkes night tomorrow) - it

was lovely and some were very noisy. We cannot make it to one tomorrow, so

decided to go tonight instead. What is the celebration with most fireworks

in America?

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <nikkimack

Friday, November 04, 2005 9:56 PM

Re: 800 open relationship members??

> Hi Jo

>

> I completely agree. It makes a much better relationship and develops

> stronger trust as well.

>

> BB

To send an email to -

Hi Jo

I do too for the most part. lol

Sounds like fun!

Our biggest fireworks celebration by far is Fourth of July -

Independence Day. Then we have in Chicago fireworks every weekend at

Navy Pier. They usually have them at fests and also at big sporting

events like the World Series, Superbowl, etc.

BB

Nikki :)

, " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

>

> Hi Nikki

>

> I enjoy talking to people - well mostly anyway.

>

> We went to a firework display this evening (Guy Fawkes night

tomorrow) - it

> was lovely and some were very noisy. We cannot make it to one

tomorrow, so

> decided to go tonight instead. What is the celebration with most

fireworks

> in America?

>

> BB

> Jo

Hi Nikki

Sounds like you have loads of fireworks :-)

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <nikkimack

Saturday, November 05, 2005 2:15 PM

Re: Talking

> Hi Jo

>

> I do too for the most part. lol

>

> Sounds like fun!

>

> Our biggest fireworks celebration by far is Fourth of July -

> Independence Day. Then we have in Chicago fireworks every weekend at

> Navy Pier. They usually have them at fests and also at big sporting

> events like the World Series, Superbowl, etc.

>

> BB

>

> , " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> >

> > Hi Nikki

> >

> > I enjoy talking to people - well mostly anyway.

> >

> > We went to a firework display this evening (Guy Fawkes night

> tomorrow) - it

> > was lovely and some were very noisy. We cannot make it to one

> tomorrow, so

> > decided to go tonight instead. What is the celebration with most

> fireworks

> > in America?

> >

> > BB

> > Jo

>

To send an email to -

>

i think every major US city has several large fireworks displays per year..fron

independence day, to new years, and on sporting events, Fleet week, etc and so

forth

jo <jo.heartwork

Nov 5, 2005 4:56 PM

Re: Re: Talking

Hi Nikki

Sounds like you have loads of fireworks :-)

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <nikkimack

Saturday, November 05, 2005 2:15 PM

Re: Talking

> Hi Jo

>

> I do too for the most part. lol

>

> Sounds like fun!

>

> Our biggest fireworks celebration by far is Fourth of July -

> Independence Day. Then we have in Chicago fireworks every weekend at

> Navy Pier. They usually have them at fests and also at big sporting

> events like the World Series, Superbowl, etc.

>

> BB

>

> , " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> >

> > Hi Nikki

> >

> > I enjoy talking to people - well mostly anyway.

> >

> > We went to a firework display this evening (Guy Fawkes night

> tomorrow) - it

> > was lovely and some were very noisy. We cannot make it to one

> tomorrow, so

> > decided to go tonight instead. What is the celebration with most

> fireworks

> > in America?

> >

> > BB

> > Jo

>

To send an email to -

>

Hi Jo,

Shhh! Not so loud! Fireworks are illegal in Illinois without a

permit! ;)

Now if you cross over to the Indiana border about 20 minutes away

you can get all you want for dirt cheap.

But yes, we do have quite a few explosions frequently.

BB

Nikki

, " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

>

> Hi Nikki

>

> Sounds like you have loads of fireworks :-)

>

> BB

> Jo

What does Guy Fawkes night represent?earthstrm <nikkimack wrote:

Hi JoI do too for the most part. lolSounds like fun!Our biggest fireworks celebration by far is Fourth of July - Independence Day. Then we have in Chicago fireworks every weekend at Navy Pier. They usually have them at fests and also at big sporting events like the World Series, Superbowl, etc.BBNikki :) , "jo" <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:>> Hi Nikki> > I enjoy talking to people - well mostly anyway.> > We went to a firework display this evening (Guy Fawkes night tomorrow) - it> was lovely and some were very noisy. We cannot make it to one tomorrow, so> decided to go tonight instead. What is the celebration with most fireworks> in America?> > BB> JoTo send an email to -

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

i'm sure the folks across the pond can explain this better then me

but

guy fawkes was one of the memebers of a conspiracy to kill the king of england(james I?) in..umm..early 1600's...by blowing up the Parliment bldg.

the king and most of parliment(house of lords and i assume house of commons?) were protestant, and the conspirators were catholic

several members of the conspiracy decided to warn some of the cathlolic members of parliment....by way of a letter...er something like that..

the plot was discovered

and guy fawkes was discovered with a cellar load of gunpowder under the Parliment bldg...he was captured and hung(as well as drawn and quartered) Jonnie Hellens Nov 7, 2005 10:26 AM Re: Re: Talking

What does Guy Fawkes night represent?earthstrm <nikkimack wrote: Hi JoI do too for the most part. lolSounds like fun!Our biggest fireworks celebration by far is Fourth of July - Independence Day. Then we have in Chicago fireworks every weekend at Navy Pier. They usually have them at fests and also at big sporting events like the World Series, Superbowl, etc.BBNikki :) , "jo" <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:>> Hi Nikki> > I enjoy talking to people - well mostly anyway.> > We went to a firework display this evening (Guy Fawkes night tomorrow) - it> was lovely and some were very noisy. We cannot make it to one tomorrow, so> decided to go tonight instead. What is the celebration with most fireworks> in America?> > BB> JoTo send an email to -

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click. To send an email to -

Guy Fawkes, and others, tried to blow up the houses of parliament, about four hundred years ago. He was caught and executed. Lovely thing to celebrate !!!

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:26 PM

What does Guy Fawkes night represent?earthstrm <nikkimack wrote: Hi JoI do too for the most part. lolSounds like fun!Our biggest fireworks celebration by far is Fourth of July - Independence Day. Then we have in Chicago fireworks every weekend at Navy Pier. They usually have them at fests and also at big sporting events like the World Series, Superbowl, etc.BBNikki :) , "jo" <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:>> Hi Nikki> > I enjoy talking to people - well mostly anyway.> > We went to a firework display this evening (Guy Fawkes night tomorrow) - it> was lovely and some were very noisy. We cannot make it to one tomorrow, so> decided to go tonight instead. What is the celebration with most fireworks> in America?> > BB> JoTo send an email to -

Hi Jonnie

> What does Guy Fawkes night represent?

Guy Fawkes Night is one of the most curious celebrations ever... not

only do we celebrate something that didn't actually happen, but we name

it after one of the less significant members of the conspiracy!

In 1605, there was a Catholic attempt to take over England by setting a

huge amount of gunpowder (I believe it was something like 35 barrels)

in the cellars under the Houses of Parliament. It was planned to be set

off at a time of the opening of Parliament when both the Commons and

Lords were sat together, along with the king. If the explosion had been

set off, it would have completely destroyed the entire parliament

building, and killed the king, and virtually every member of the

aristocracy in England, leaving a power vaccuum. The idea was that the

conspirators would then set up King James' younger sister, Elizabeth,

as Queen, and use her as a figurehead to rule the country. The

conspiracy failed, and the gunpoweder wasn't set off... all the

conspirators were tortured and killed - mostly by being burnt at the

stake - a very unusual punishment for England.

BB

Peter

And they celebrate this guy?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

but

guy fawkes was one of the memebers of a conspiracy to kill the king of england(james I?) in..umm..early 1600's...by blowing up the Parliment bldg.

the king and most of parliment(house of lords and i assume house of commons?) were protestant, and the conspirators were catholic

several members of the conspiracy decided to warn some of the cathlolic members of parliment....by way of a letter...er something like that..

the plot was discovered

and guy fawkes was discovered with a cellar load of gunpowder under the Parliment bldg...he was captured and hung(as well as drawn and quartered) Jonnie Hellens Nov 7, 2005 10:26 AM Re: Re: Talking

They celebrate his capture and execution

*shrug*

well..the still celebrate columbus day here don't they??? Jonnie Hellens Nov 8, 2005 2:09 PM Re: Re: Talking

but

the plot was discovered

The general public just want to have a day for fireworks, a bonfire, hot soup etc. like they did when they were kids. I think that most people do not actually celebrate the history of it.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 10:29 PM

*shrug*

well..the still celebrate columbus day here don't they??? Jonnie Hellens Nov 8, 2005 2:09 PM Re: Re: Talking

but

the plot was discovered

i would figure most ppl over here are the same way with most holidays...

4th of july means BBQ's and fireworks

thanxfernuthin means pigging out (and football)

memorial day and labor day..more time off from work and more BBQ's

etc and so forth

jo Nov 8, 2005 2:35 PM Re: Re: Talking

The general public just want to have a day for fireworks, a bonfire, hot soup etc. like they did when they were kids. I think that most people do not actually celebrate the history of it.

Jo

"Just as nightfall does not come at once, neither

does oppression. In both instances there is a twilight. And it is in such twilight

that we all must be aware of change in the air - however slight - lest we become

unwilling victims of the darkness."

William O. Douglas

Hey, I'm all for a day to just have fireworkds, a bonfire (though the high today is expected to be 89, maybe when it's a little cooler?) and hot soup!jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

fraggle

*shrug*

but

the plot was discovered

NEbody gonna be off Friday for Veteran's Day? Not me.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i would figure most ppl over here are the same way with most holidays...

4th of july means BBQ's and fireworks

thanxfernuthin means pigging out (and football)

memorial day and labor day..more time off from work and more BBQ's

etc and so forth

jo Nov 8, 2005 2:35 PM Re: Re: Talking

Jo

"Just as nightfall does not come at once, neither

does oppression. In both instances there is a twilight. And it is in such twilight

that we all must be aware of change in the air - however slight - lest we become

unwilling victims of the darkness."

William O. Douglas

Hot soup is usually just right for our firework night, as it is generally cold - but not as cold as it used to be!

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 7:09 PM

Hey, I'm all for a day to just have fireworkds, a bonfire (though the high today is expected to be 89, maybe when it's a little cooler?) and hot soup!jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

fraggle

*shrug*

but

the plot was discovered

there is a department store called macy's here

that does the fireworks for july 4th.

I have a woop de do attitude,

parce que je n'aime pas macy's due to the fact,

that I used to work for them, know their secrets.

and they have a huge fur vault.

-- In , " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

>

> Hi Nikki

>

> Sounds like you have loads of fireworks :-)

>

> BB

> Jo

>

Hi Anouk

We have Macy's here too now. They bought out Marshall Fields which has

been around forever and started here in Chicago. Chicago is now in an

uproar because Macy's (New York based) was not keeping the Fields name.

So they petitioned and got the main building declared a landmark. Now

it has to be called Macy's with the Marshal Fields name under it.

*sigh*

I agree it is a wonderful building and old Chicago tradition to shop

there. But I cannot afford either Fields or Macy's so I don't care

what they call it! lol

Nikki :)

, " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato@e...>

wrote:

>

> there is a department store called macy's here

> that does the fireworks for july 4th.

> I have a woop de do attitude,

> parce que je n'aime pas macy's due to the fact,

> that I used to work for them, know their secrets.

> and they have a huge fur vault.

hi nikki,

i worked for them for a few months last year. then I quit.

my paycheck actually came from Federated Department Stores.

in essence FDS is the largest department store corporation in the world.

they own macy's, bloomindales, lord and taylors, marshall fields,

dillards, burdines and many other chain of department stores.

According to a inter company memo that I got, our store BURDINES,

here in florida, was being changed to Macy's because, Macy's had the

more popular name and people identified more prestige with that name.

Thus, Federated Department Stores, bought burdines and just changed

the name to macy's. Some communities thorought the US, have resisted

against this.

don't ask me why i quit, it would be too long of an email. :)

, " earthstrm " <nikkimack@m...> wrote:

>

> Hi Anouk

>

> We have Macy's here too now. They bought out Marshall Fields which has

> been around forever and started here in Chicago. Chicago is now in an

> uproar because Macy's (New York based) was not keeping the Fields name.

>

> So they petitioned and got the main building declared a landmark. Now

> it has to be called Macy's with the Marshal Fields name under it.

>

> *sigh*

>

> I agree it is a wonderful building and old Chicago tradition to shop

> there. But I cannot afford either Fields or Macy's so I don't care

> what they call it! lol

>

>

>