IndiaDivine.org

Colds and flu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I heard on the news this morning that research has just confirmed that

if you get too cold and then come into contact with a cold/flu you are

more likely to catch it than if you hadn't been chilled.

It was considered an 'old wive's tale' but seems to be true.

Jo

I saw a report on the Welsh news today at the research centre for the comon cold in Cardiff, that they put some volunteers feet in cold water, an the others kept warm. A larger percentage of the chilly feet brigade caught colds.

In my opinion, if someone sneezes or coughs at you in the face , your still going to catch it...whether you are wrapped up warm or not.

Well at least the student volunteers got 30 quid each.

The Valley Vegan...............

Things You didn`t know about Wales No.13

'Wonderland' (Lewis Caroll's 'Alice in Wonderland' was set in Llandudno - 'Alice' was Alice Liddell). heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

I heard on the news this morning that research has just confirmed that if you get too cold and then come into contact with a cold/flu you are more likely to catch it than if you hadn't been chilled. It was considered an 'old wive's tale' but seems to be true.Jo

Hi,

True, if someone coughs or sneezes in your face the germs are going to get

inside you for

sure, but if you are warm and your immune system is strong you probably won't

notice

anything as your immune system will just deal with the germs and knock them out.

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>

> I saw a report on the Welsh news today at the research centre for the comon

cold in

Cardiff, that they put some volunteers feet in cold water, an the others kept

warm. A larger

percentage of the chilly feet brigade caught colds.

> In my opinion, if someone sneezes or coughs at you in the face , your still

going to

catch it...whether you are wrapped up warm or not.

> Well at least the student volunteers got 30 quid each.

>

> The Valley Vegan...............

> Things You didn`t know about Wales No.13

>

> 'Wonderland' (Lewis Caroll's 'Alice in Wonderland' was set in Llandudno -

'Alice' was

Alice Liddell).

> heartwerk <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> I heard on the news this morning that research has just confirmed that

> if you get too cold and then come into contact with a cold/flu you are

> more likely to catch it than if you hadn't been chilled.

>

> It was considered an 'old wive's tale' but seems to be true.

>

> Jo

>

To send an email to -

>

I agree about the coughing and sneezing - so many people just cough and sneeze over other people.

JO

-

peter hurd

Monday, November 14, 2005 7:23 PM

Re: Colds and flu

I saw a report on the Welsh news today at the research centre for the comon cold in Cardiff, that they put some volunteers feet in cold water, an the others kept warm. A larger percentage of the chilly feet brigade caught colds.

In my opinion, if someone sneezes or coughs at you in the face , your still going to catch it...whether you are wrapped up warm or not.

Well at least the student volunteers got 30 quid each.

The Valley Vegan...............

Things You didn`t know about Wales No.13

'Wonderland' (Lewis Caroll's 'Alice in Wonderland' was set in Llandudno - 'Alice' was Alice Liddell). heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

I heard on the news this morning that research has just confirmed that if you get too cold and then come into contact with a cold/flu you are more likely to catch it than if you hadn't been chilled. It was considered an 'old wive's tale' but seems to be true.Jo

This research didnt seem to take the immune system into account, just random volunteers. Not very scientific.Te news link to the story is below:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4433496.stm

The Valley Vegan..............

Things You didn`t know about Wales No.14

Rupert Bear (his adventures were set in Beddgelert)herbvalerian <herbvalerian wrote:

Hi,True, if someone coughs or sneezes in your face the germs are going to get inside you for sure, but if you are warm and your immune system is strong you probably won't notice anything as your immune system will just deal with the germs and knock them out. , peter hurd wrote:>> I saw a report on the Welsh news today at the research centre for the comon cold in Cardiff, that they put some volunteers feet in cold water, an the others kept warm. A larger percentage of the chilly feet brigade caught colds. > In my opinion, if someone sneezes or coughs at you in the face , your still going to catch it...whether you are wrapped up warm or not.> Well at least the student volunteers got 30 quid each.> > The Valley Vegan...............> Things You didn`t know about

Wales No.13> > 'Wonderland' (Lewis Caroll's 'Alice in Wonderland' was set in Llandudno - 'Alice' was Alice Liddell). > heartwerk wrote:> I heard on the news this morning that research has just confirmed that > if you get too cold and then come into contact with a cold/flu you are > more likely to catch it than if you hadn't been chilled. > > It was considered an 'old wive's tale' but seems to be true.> > Jo> > > > > > > > To send an email to - >

Hi peter,

well in nyc, they always say that the winter months are cold and flu

months, and sure enough everyone is coughing on the subways.

I'm not really sure why but it must be something about the temperature.

Here in florida there are kinds of weird bacteria/mold/parasites

that would never survive the cold temperatures of other places.

a good immune is the best bet.

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>

> I saw a report on the Welsh news today at the research centre for

the comon cold in Cardiff, that they put some volunteers feet in cold

water, an the others kept warm. A larger percentage of the chilly feet

brigade caught colds.

> In my opinion, if someone sneezes or coughs at you in the face ,

your still going to catch it...whether you are wrapped up warm or not.

> Well at least the student volunteers got 30 quid each.

>

> The Valley Vegan...............

> Things You didn`t know about Wales No.13

>

> 'Wonderland' (Lewis Caroll's 'Alice in Wonderland' was set in

Llandudno - 'Alice' was Alice Liddell).

> heartwerk <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> I heard on the news this morning that research has just confirmed that

> if you get too cold and then come into contact with a cold/flu you are

> more likely to catch it than if you hadn't been chilled.

>

> It was considered an 'old wive's tale' but seems to be true.

>

> Jo

>

To send an email to -

>

I agree, a good imune system is helpful ( and echinacea helps! )

The Valley Vegan.................

Things You didnt know about Wales No18.

It has the world's oldest narrow-guage railway.Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

Hi peter, well in nyc, they always say that the winter months are cold and flumonths, and sure enough everyone is coughing on the subways.I'm not really sure why but it must be something about the temperature. Here in florida there are kinds of weird bacteria/mold/parasitesthat would never survive the cold temperatures of other places. a good immune is the best bet. , peter hurd wrote:>> I saw a report on the Welsh news today at the research centre forthe comon cold in Cardiff, that they put some volunteers feet in coldwater, an the others kept warm. A larger percentage of the chilly feetbrigade caught colds. > In my opinion, if someone sneezes or coughs at you in the face ,your still going to catch it...whether you are wrapped up warm or not.>

Well at least the student volunteers got 30 quid each.> > The Valley Vegan...............> Things You didn`t know about Wales No.13> > 'Wonderland' (Lewis Caroll's 'Alice in Wonderland' was set inLlandudno - 'Alice' was Alice Liddell). > heartwerk wrote:> I heard on the news this morning that research has just confirmed that > if you get too cold and then come into contact with a cold/flu you are > more likely to catch it than if you hadn't been chilled. > > It was considered an 'old wive's tale' but seems to be true.> > Jo> > > > > > > > To send an email to - >