IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Fw: feeling old?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

*_1975 _**_vs. 2005 _*1975: Long hair2005: Longing for hair1975: KEG2005: EKG1975: Acid rock2005: Acid reflux1975: Moving to California because it's cool2005: Moving to California because it's warm1975: Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor2005: Trying NOT to look like MarlonBrando or Liz Taylor1975: Seeds and stems2005: Roughage1975: Hoping for a BMW2005: Hoping for a BM1975: The Grateful Dead2005: Dr. Kevorkian1975: Going to a new, hip joint2005: Receiving a new hip joint1975: Rolling Stones2005: Kidney Stones1975: Being called into the principal's office2005: Calling the principal's office1975: Screw the system2005: Upgrade the system1975: Disco2005: Costco1975: Parents

begging you to get your hair cut2005: Children begging you to get their heads shaved1975: Passing the drivers' test2005: Passing the vision test1975: Whatever2005: DependsJust in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change things.The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1987!They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.Their lifetime has always included AIDS.Bottle caps have always been screw off and plasticThe CD was introduced the year they were born.They have always had an answering machine.They have always had cable.They cannot fathom not having a remote control.Jay Leno has always been on the TonightShow.Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.They don't know

who Mork was or where he was from.They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd! walk a mile for a Camel", or "de plane, Boss, de plane".They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.Do you feel old yet?Pass this on to the other old fogies on your list.Notice the larger type, that's for those of you who have trouble reading.

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

LOL - and 1975 isn't that long ago!

Jo

, Jonnie Hellens

<jonnie_hellens> wrote:

>

> *_1975 _**_vs. 2005 _*

>

> 1975: Long hair

> 2005: Longing for hair

>

> 1975: KEG

> 2005: EKG

>

> 1975: Acid rock

> 2005: Acid reflux

>

> 1975: Moving to California because it's cool

> 2005: Moving to California because it's warm

>

> 1975: Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor

> 2005: Trying NOT to look like MarlonBrando or Liz Taylor

>

> 1975: Seeds and stems

> 2005: Roughage

>

> 1975: Hoping for a BMW

> 2005: Hoping for a BM

>

> 1975: The Grateful Dead

> 2005: Dr. Kevorkian

>

> 1975: Going to a new, hip joint

> 2005: Receiving a new hip joint

>

> 1975: Rolling Stones

> 2005: Kidney Stones

>

> 1975: Being called into the principal's office

> 2005: Calling the principal's office

>

> 1975: Screw the system

> 2005: Upgrade the system

>

> 1975: Disco

> 2005: Costco

>

> 1975: Parents begging you to get your hair cut

> 2005: Children begging you to get their heads shaved

>

> 1975: Passing the drivers' test

> 2005: Passing the vision test

>

> 1975: Whatever

> 2005: Depends

>

> Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly

change

> things.

>

> The people who are starting college this fall across the nation

were born

> in 1987!

>

> They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.

>

> Their lifetime has always included AIDS.

>

> Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic

>

> The CD was introduced the year they were born.

>

> They have always had an answering machine.

>

> They have always had cable.

>

> They cannot fathom not having a remote control.

>

> Jay Leno has always been on the TonightShow.

>

> Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.

>

> They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.

>

> They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.

>

> They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.

>

> They never heard: " Where's the Beef? " , " I'd! walk a mile for a

Camel " , or

> " de plane, Boss, de plane " .

>

> They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.

>

> McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.

>

> They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

>

> Do you feel old yet?

>

> Pass this on to the other old fogies on your list.

>

> Notice the larger type, that's for those of you who have trouble

reading.

>

>

>

>

>

> FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

>

In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening to Alice Cooper, Bowie,Slade, BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Free, etc

What were all you older Vegans doing back in the day?

The Valley Vegan...............

Things You didnt know about Wales No.16

First lawn tennis match was in Monmouthshire .heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

LOL - and 1975 isn't that long ago!Jo , Jonnie Hellens wrote:>> *_1975 _**_vs. 2005 _*> > 1975: Long hair> 2005: Longing for hair> > 1975: KEG> 2005: EKG> > 1975: Acid rock> 2005: Acid reflux> > 1975: Moving to California because it's cool> 2005: Moving to California because it's warm> > 1975: Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor> 2005: Trying NOT to look like MarlonBrando or Liz Taylor> > 1975: Seeds and stems> 2005: Roughage> > 1975: Hoping for a BMW> 2005: Hoping for a BM> > 1975: The Grateful Dead> 2005: Dr. Kevorkian> > 1975: Going to a new, hip joint> 2005: Receiving a new hip joint>

> 1975: Rolling Stones> 2005: Kidney Stones> > 1975: Being called into the principal's office> 2005: Calling the principal's office> > 1975: Screw the system> 2005: Upgrade the system> > 1975: Disco> 2005: Costco> > 1975: Parents begging you to get your hair cut> 2005: Children begging you to get their heads shaved> > 1975: Passing the drivers' test> 2005: Passing the vision test> > 1975: Whatever> 2005: Depends> > Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change > things.> > The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born > in 1987!> > They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.> > Their lifetime has always included AIDS.> > Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic>

> The CD was introduced the year they were born.> > They have always had an answering machine.> > They have always had cable.> > They cannot fathom not having a remote control.> > Jay Leno has always been on the TonightShow.> > Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.> > They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.> > They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.> > They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.> > They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd! walk a mile for a Camel", or > "de plane, Boss, de plane".> > They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.> > McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.> > They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.> > Do you feel old yet?> > Pass this on to the other old fogies on your

list.> > Notice the larger type, that's for those of you who have trouble reading.> > > > > > FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.>

In 1975 I was enjoying my kiddies - four years old and 1 year old.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 7:57 PM

Re: Re: Fwd: Fw: feeling old?

In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening to Alice Cooper, Bowie,Slade, BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Free, etc

What were all you older Vegans doing back in the day?

The Valley Vegan...............

Things You didnt know about Wales No.16

First lawn tennis match was in Monmouthshire .heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

LOL - and 1975 isn't that long ago!Jo , Jonnie Hellens wrote:>> *_1975 _**_vs. 2005 _*> > 1975: Long hair> 2005: Longing for hair> > 1975: KEG> 2005: EKG> > 1975: Acid rock> 2005: Acid reflux> > 1975: Moving to California because it's cool> 2005: Moving to California because it's warm> > 1975: Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor> 2005: Trying NOT to look like MarlonBrando or Liz Taylor> > 1975: Seeds and stems> 2005: Roughage> > 1975: Hoping for a BMW> 2005: Hoping for a BM> > 1975: The Grateful Dead> 2005: Dr. Kevorkian> > 1975: Going to a new, hip joint> 2005: Receiving a new hip joint> > 1975: Rolling Stones> 2005: Kidney Stones> > 1975: Being called into the principal's office> 2005: Calling the principal's office> > 1975: Screw the system> 2005: Upgrade the system> > 1975: Disco> 2005: Costco> > 1975: Parents begging you to get your hair cut> 2005: Children begging you to get their heads shaved> > 1975: Passing the drivers' test> 2005: Passing the vision test> > 1975: Whatever> 2005: Depends> > Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change > things.> > The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born > in 1987!> > They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.> > Their lifetime has always included AIDS.> > Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic> > The CD was introduced the year they were born.> > They have always had an answering machine.> > They have always had cable.> > They cannot fathom not having a remote control.> > Jay Leno has always been on the TonightShow.> > Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.> > They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.> > They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.> > They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.> > They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd! walk a mile for a Camel", or > "de plane, Boss, de plane".> > They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.> > McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.> > They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.> > Do you feel old yet?> > Pass this on to the other old fogies on your list.> > Notice the larger type, that's for those of you who have trouble reading.> > > > > > FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.>

Hi Peter

> In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening to Alice Cooper, Bowie,Slade, BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple,

> Free, etc

In '75, I was 1 year old... to be honest, I don't really remember that much... I seem to have a vague memory of my Great Aunt, and she died not long after 1975, so that must have been about then. Oh, and I have a vague memory of listening to Bohemian Rhapsody when my dad got Night At The Opera for Christmas, and I think that must have been 1975 as well!

BB

Peter

Hi Peter

That was my great aunt - so your great, great aunt.

BB

Jo

, " Peter " <metalscarab@g...> wrote:

>

> Hi Peter

>

> > In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening to

Alice Cooper, Bowie,Slade, BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple,

> > Free, etc

>

> In '75, I was 1 year old... to be honest, I don't really remember

that much... I seem to have a vague memory of my Great Aunt, and she

died not long after 1975, so that must have been about then. Oh, and

I have a vague memory of listening to Bohemian Rhapsody when my dad

got Night At The Opera for Christmas, and I think that must have been

1975 as well!

>

> BB

> Peter

>

In 75 I was about 2 years old and my memories from back then are not

the happiest ones.

Nikki

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>

> In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening to

Alice Cooper, Bowie,Slade, BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Free, etc

>

> What were all you older Vegans doing back in the day?

>

> The Valley Vegan...............

> Things You didnt know about Wales No.16

> First lawn tennis match was in Monmouthshire .

sounds like a sophisticated 14 year old.

when I was 14 I was into

duran duran, madonna, the bangles, inxs, billy idol, then at 15

depeche mode, the cure, morrissey anything from manchester,

underground music from london..

in 1975, i was probably learning my a,e,i,o,u, my aunt is a teacher

we learned with the phonics method to read at the age of three.

I don't remember very well but I do remember drinking anise tea out of

a baby bottle which my aunt would make..

I called her mommy.. my mom dropped me off at her house and I didn't

see my real mom for years.

I think that I am one of those few people on the planet that actually

likes 1970's fashion/clothes. :)

>

> In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening to

Alice Cooper, Bowie,Slade, BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Free, etc

>

> What were all you older Vegans doing back in the day?

>

> The Valley Vegan...............

> Things You didnt know about Wales No.16

> First lawn tennis match was in Monmouthshire .

>

Hi Peter,

It is great that you remember so well.

not a lot of people remember when they are 1 years old.

my memory starts at the age of two, I think.

- In , " Peter " <metalscarab@g...> wrote:

>

> Hi Peter

>

>

> In '75, I was 1 year old... to be honest, I don't really remember

that much... I seem to have a vague memory of my Great Aunt, and she

Wow, didnt realise you were so young. Different generation.

The Valley Vegan..............

Things You didnt know about Wales No.22

Rorke's Drift of Zulu fame (South Wales Boarders). Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

> In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening to Alice Cooper, Bowie,Slade, BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple,

> Free, etc

In '75, I was 1 year old... to be honest, I don't really remember that much... I seem to have a vague memory of my Great Aunt, and she died not long after 1975, so that must have been about then. Oh, and I have a vague memory of listening to Bohemian Rhapsody when my dad got Night At The Opera for Christmas, and I think that must have been 1975 as well!

BB

PeterPeter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

I have clear memories of when I was eleven months old. I had whooping

cough, and it went to pneumonia - this was before anti-biotics. I was

carted off to hospital and put in isolation for 5 weeks. I can remember my

parents and brother coming to wave through the door every day, but not come

in - and I felt abandoned. I had a photo of my brother on the bedside

table, and my comb. I had a chipped enamel bowl to be sick in (sorry about

the detail), and a hospital dressing gown which was very warm. It was in

January and there was thick snow on the ground. Cold air is better for

whooping cough than warm air, and I was wrapped in blankets, with the window

wide open. A robin came right onto the window sill and looked at me and

whistled, then went out and hopped around in the snow.

The next year I got pneumonia again and had to go to hospital again for a

week and that time I can remember being in an air tent for a while. I fell

in love with a big stuffed penguin toy that was in the hospital.

I can also remember living in London - we moved out to the country when I

was 4. My mum used to take us to West Square Gardens and I loved the

flowers.

Jo

-

" Anouk Sickler " <zurumato

Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:48 PM

Re: Fwd: Fw: feeling old?

> Hi Peter,

>

> It is great that you remember so well.

> not a lot of people remember when they are 1 years old.

> my memory starts at the age of two, I think.

Well ................ I'm 57 and had Peter when I was 26 - so he would be a different generation unless I'd had him when I was 13!

Jo

-

peter hurd

Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:01 PM

Hi Peter

> Free, etc

BB

Peter

Peter H

Obviously!, although it does happen.............sad sign of the times I`m afraid.

Things You didnt know about Wales No. 23

The Welsh equivalent of St Valentine's Day is "St Dwynwen's Day" 25th January.

jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Well ................ I'm 57 and had Peter when I was 26 - so he would be a different generation unless I'd had him when I was 13!

Jo

-

peter hurd

Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:01 PM

Hi Peter

> Free, etc

BB

Peter

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail Peter H

Now you lot are making me feel old. Apart from Jo, am I the oldest on here? Good job I`ve still got my youthfull looks!

Things you didnt know about Wales No.24

Jack Daniels Bourbon, Evan Williams Bourbon and Mathews Southern Comfort were all first brewed by Welsh brewers who left Wales during the temperance period of the Welsh non-conformist church. For example, Jack Daniels was born in Ceredigion). Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

sounds like a sophisticated 14 year old. when I was 14 I was intoduran duran, madonna, the bangles, inxs, billy idol, then at 15depeche mode, the cure, morrissey anything from manchester,underground music from london..in 1975, i was probably learning my a,e,i,o,u, my aunt is a teacherwe learned with the phonics method to read at the age of three. I don't remember very well but I do remember drinking anise tea out ofa baby bottle which my aunt would make..I called her mommy.. my mom dropped me off at her house and I didn'tsee my real mom for years.I think that I am one of those few people on the planet that actuallylikes 1970's fashion/clothes. :) , peter hurd wrote:>> In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening toAlice Cooper, Bowie,Slade,

BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Free, etc> > What were all you older Vegans doing back in the day?> > The Valley Vegan...............> Things You didnt know about Wales No.16> First lawn tennis match was in Monmouthshire .>

What do you count as old/older?

I might be one of them but I would't really say being 14 in 1975 made you old?

I expect

that attitude might give my age away! But then again, I think being a vegan

mostly makes

people stay young looking, so some of us may be older than we look. And if we

buy our

clothes from veggie web sites and catalogues we'll all dress alike anyway.

>

> Now you lot are making me feel old. Apart from Jo, am I the oldest on here?

Good job

I`ve still got my youthfull looks!

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

> Things you didnt know about Wales No.24

>

> Jack Daniels Bourbon, Evan Williams Bourbon and Mathews Southern Comfort were

all

first brewed by Welsh brewers who left Wales during the temperance period of the

Welsh

non-conformist church. For example, Jack Daniels was born in Ceredigion).

>

> Anouk Sickler <zurumato@e...> wrote:

> sounds like a sophisticated 14 year old.

> when I was 14 I was into

> duran duran, madonna, the bangles, inxs, billy idol, then at 15

> depeche mode, the cure, morrissey anything from manchester,

> underground music from london..

> in 1975, i was probably learning my a,e,i,o,u, my aunt is a teacher

> we learned with the phonics method to read at the age of three.

> I don't remember very well but I do remember drinking anise tea out of

> a baby bottle which my aunt would make..

> I called her mommy.. my mom dropped me off at her house and I didn't

> see my real mom for years.

>

> I think that I am one of those few people on the planet that actually

> likes 1970's fashion/clothes. :)

>

>

> , peter hurd wrote:

> >

> > In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening to

> Alice Cooper, Bowie,Slade, BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Free, etc

> >

> > What were all you older Vegans doing back in the day?

> >

> > The Valley Vegan...............

> > Things You didnt know about Wales No.16

> > First lawn tennis match was in Monmouthshire .

> >

>

>

To send an email to -

>

Hi Herb,

Not giving anything away about your age then? So what were you doing in 75?

The Valley Vegan.......................

Things you didnt know about Wales No.24The oldest castle in the UK; Chepstow castle.herbvalerian <herbvalerian wrote:

What do you count as old/older?I might be one of them but I would't really say being 14 in 1975 made you old? I expect that attitude might give my age away! But then again, I think being a vegan mostly makes people stay young looking, so some of us may be older than we look. And if we buy our clothes from veggie web sites and catalogues we'll all dress alike anyway. , peter hurd wrote:>> Now you lot are making me feel old. Apart from Jo, am I the oldest on here? Good job I`ve still got my youthfull looks!> > The Valley Vegan..............> Things you didnt know about Wales No.24> > Jack Daniels Bourbon, Evan Williams Bourbon and Mathews Southern Comfort were all first brewed by Welsh brewers who left Wales during the temperance period of the Welsh

non-conformist church. For example, Jack Daniels was born in Ceredigion). > > Anouk Sickler wrote:> sounds like a sophisticated 14 year old. > when I was 14 I was into> duran duran, madonna, the bangles, inxs, billy idol, then at 15> depeche mode, the cure, morrissey anything from manchester,> underground music from london..> in 1975, i was probably learning my a,e,i,o,u, my aunt is a teacher> we learned with the phonics method to read at the age of three. > I don't remember very well but I do remember drinking anise tea out of> a baby bottle which my aunt would make..> I called her mommy.. my mom dropped me off at her house and I didn't> see my real mom for years.> > I think that I am one of those few people on the planet that actually> likes 1970's fashion/clothes. :)> > > , peter hurd

wrote:> >> > In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening to> Alice Cooper, Bowie,Slade, BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Free, etc> > > > What were all you older Vegans doing back in the day?> > > > The Valley Vegan...............> > Things You didnt know about Wales No.16> > First lawn tennis match was in Monmouthshire .> > > > > > > > > > > To send an email to - >

I had just come back to England (UK) with my Mum after living in Franco's

Madrid for a

while.

My parents had separated and Mum, my bother and I got a place of our own in a

new

town (Scarborough) and I started a new school. I had already had my first

vegetarian

thoughts by then (I knew where bacon came from)! At my new school I was later

introduced to Oxygene (Jean Michel Jarre) and went out and bought it. I think

that was the

first single I bought. But Oxygene was 1976! So what can you remember about

1976?

>

> Hi Herb,

> Not giving anything away about your age then? So what were you doing in 75?

>

> The Valley Vegan.......................

> Things you didnt know about Wales No.24

> The oldest castle in the UK; Chepstow castle.

>

> herbvalerian <herbvalerian> wrote:

> What do you count as old/older?

> I might be one of them but I would't really say being 14 in 1975 made you old?

I expect

> that attitude might give my age away! But then again, I think being a vegan

mostly

makes

> people stay young looking, so some of us may be older than we look. And if we

buy our

> clothes from veggie web sites and catalogues we'll all dress alike anyway.

>

> , peter hurd wrote:

> >

> > Now you lot are making me feel old. Apart from Jo, am I the oldest on here?

Good job

> I`ve still got my youthfull looks!

> >

> > The Valley Vegan..............

> > Things you didnt know about Wales No.24

> >

> > Jack Daniels Bourbon, Evan Williams Bourbon and Mathews Southern Comfort

were all

> first brewed by Welsh brewers who left Wales during the temperance period of

the Welsh

> non-conformist church. For example, Jack Daniels was born in Ceredigion).

> >

> > Anouk Sickler wrote:

> > sounds like a sophisticated 14 year old.

> > when I was 14 I was into

> > duran duran, madonna, the bangles, inxs, billy idol, then at 15

> > depeche mode, the cure, morrissey anything from manchester,

> > underground music from london..

> > in 1975, i was probably learning my a,e,i,o,u, my aunt is a teacher

> > we learned with the phonics method to read at the age of three.

> > I don't remember very well but I do remember drinking anise tea out of

> > a baby bottle which my aunt would make..

> > I called her mommy.. my mom dropped me off at her house and I didn't

> > see my real mom for years.

> >

> > I think that I am one of those few people on the planet that actually

> > likes 1970's fashion/clothes. :)

> >

> >

> > , peter hurd wrote:

> > >

> > > In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening to

> > Alice Cooper, Bowie,Slade, BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Free, etc

> > >

> > > What were all you older Vegans doing back in the day?

> > >

> > > The Valley Vegan...............

> > > Things You didnt know about Wales No.16

> > > First lawn tennis match was in Monmouthshire .

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to -

> >

Hi Herb

1976 was a heatwave year here. It was very warm at the beginning of April.

We had moved here in the March and Laura had to start a new school after the

Easter holiday. It was so warm that we walked to the school without any

jumpers/cardigans etc. It got hotter and hotter, and we didn't have any rain

until October when there was an enormous thunderstorm. The grass was brown

and it was horrible. Needless to say I was still enjoying my two children

that year.

Jo

-

" herbvalerian " <herbvalerian

Sunday, November 20, 2005 10:45 AM

Re: Fwd: Fw: feeling old?

> I had just come back to England (UK) with my Mum after living in Franco's

Madrid for a

> while.

> My parents had separated and Mum, my bother and I got a place of our own

in a new

> town (Scarborough) and I started a new school. I had already had my

first vegetarian

> thoughts by then (I knew where bacon came from)! At my new school I was

later

> introduced to Oxygene (Jean Michel Jarre) and went out and bought it. I

think that was the

> first single I bought. But Oxygene was 1976! So what can you remember

about 1976?

>

> , peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

> >

> > Hi Herb,

> > Not giving anything away about your age then? So what were you doing in

75?

> >

> > The Valley Vegan.......................

> > Things you didnt know about Wales No.24

> > The oldest castle in the UK; Chepstow castle.

> >

> > herbvalerian <herbvalerian> wrote:

> > What do you count as old/older?

> > I might be one of them but I would't really say being 14 in 1975 made

you old? I expect

> > that attitude might give my age away! But then again, I think being a

vegan mostly

> makes

> > people stay young looking, so some of us may be older than we look. And

if we buy our

> > clothes from veggie web sites and catalogues we'll all dress alike

anyway.

> >

> > , peter hurd wrote:

> > >

> > > Now you lot are making me feel old. Apart from Jo, am I the oldest on

here? Good job

> > I`ve still got my youthfull looks!

> > >

> > > The Valley Vegan..............

> > > Things you didnt know about Wales No.24

> > >

> > > Jack Daniels Bourbon, Evan Williams Bourbon and Mathews Southern

Comfort were all

> > first brewed by Welsh brewers who left Wales during the temperance

period of the Welsh

> > non-conformist church. For example, Jack Daniels was born in

Ceredigion).

> > >

> > > Anouk Sickler wrote:

> > > sounds like a sophisticated 14 year old.

> > > when I was 14 I was into

> > > duran duran, madonna, the bangles, inxs, billy idol, then at 15

> > > depeche mode, the cure, morrissey anything from manchester,

> > > underground music from london..

> > > in 1975, i was probably learning my a,e,i,o,u, my aunt is a teacher

> > > we learned with the phonics method to read at the age of three.

> > > I don't remember very well but I do remember drinking anise tea out of

> > > a baby bottle which my aunt would make..

> > > I called her mommy.. my mom dropped me off at her house and I didn't

> > > see my real mom for years.

> > >

> > > I think that I am one of those few people on the planet that actually

> > > likes 1970's fashion/clothes. :)

> > >

> > >

> > > , peter hurd wrote:

> > > >

> > > > In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening to

> > > Alice Cooper, Bowie,Slade, BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Free, etc

> > > >

> > > > What were all you older Vegans doing back in the day?

> > > >

> > > > The Valley Vegan...............

> > > > Things You didnt know about Wales No.16

> > > > First lawn tennis match was in Monmouthshire .

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > To send an email to -

> > >

Lets see, not much springs to mind except discovering 2 things, punk and girls!

The Valley Vegan...........

Things You didnt know about Wales No.32

The real Indiana Jones (the 19th century Govenor Jones of Indiana) was Welsh.herbvalerian <herbvalerian wrote:

I had just come back to England (UK) with my Mum after living in Franco's Madrid for a while. My parents had separated and Mum, my bother and I got a place of our own in a new town (Scarborough) and I started a new school. I had already had my first vegetarian thoughts by then (I knew where bacon came from)! At my new school I was later introduced to Oxygene (Jean Michel Jarre) and went out and bought it. I think that was the first single I bought. But Oxygene was 1976! So what can you remember about 1976? , peter hurd wrote:>> Hi Herb,> Not giving anything away about your age then? So what were you doing in 75?> > The Valley Vegan.......................> Things you didnt know about Wales No.24> The oldest castle in the UK; Chepstow castle.> >

herbvalerian wrote:> What do you count as old/older?> I might be one of them but I would't really say being 14 in 1975 made you old? I expect > that attitude might give my age away! But then again, I think being a vegan mostly makes > people stay young looking, so some of us may be older than we look. And if we buy our > clothes from veggie web sites and catalogues we'll all dress alike anyway.> > , peter hurd wrote:> >> > Now you lot are making me feel old. Apart from Jo, am I the oldest on here? Good job > I`ve still got my youthfull looks!> > > > The Valley Vegan..............> > Things you didnt know about Wales No.24> > > > Jack Daniels Bourbon, Evan Williams Bourbon and Mathews Southern Comfort were all > first brewed by Welsh brewers who left Wales during the temperance period of the Welsh

> non-conformist church. For example, Jack Daniels was born in Ceredigion). > > > > Anouk Sickler wrote:> > sounds like a sophisticated 14 year old. > > when I was 14 I was into> > duran duran, madonna, the bangles, inxs, billy idol, then at 15> > depeche mode, the cure, morrissey anything from manchester,> > underground music from london..> > in 1975, i was probably learning my a,e,i,o,u, my aunt is a teacher> > we learned with the phonics method to read at the age of three. > > I don't remember very well but I do remember drinking anise tea out of> > a baby bottle which my aunt would make..> > I called her mommy.. my mom dropped me off at her house and I didn't> > see my real mom for years.> > > > I think that I am one of those few people on the planet that actually> > likes 1970's fashion/clothes. :)> >

> > > > , peter hurd wrote:> > >> > > In `75 I was 14, had my first electric guitar, was listening to> > Alice Cooper, Bowie,Slade, BOC, Zep, Sabbath, Purple, Free, etc> > > > > > What were all you older Vegans doing back in the day?> > > > > > The Valley Vegan...............> > > Things You didnt know about Wales No.16> > > First lawn tennis match was in Monmouthshire .> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > To send an email to - > >

Hi Peter

> The real Indiana Jones (the 19th century Govenor Jones of Indiana) was Welsh.

Ummm... the "Real" Indiana Jones is an archaeologist called Vendyl Jones from America... for the past 20 years he's been obsessed with trying to find the Ark of The Covenant...

BB

Peter

Hi Peter

They were going to make another Indiana Jones film, weren't they?? I haven't heard any more about it though.

BBJo

-

Peter

Sunday, November 20, 2005 7:45 PM

Hi Peter

Ummm... the "Real" Indiana Jones is an archaeologist called Vendyl Jones from America... for the past 20 years he's been obsessed with trying to find the Ark of The Covenant...

BB

Peter

Ah so you don`t believe that there was a 19th Century Govenor Jones of Indiana?

The Valley Vegan............

Things You didnt know about Wales No. 34

John Lewis (founder of the famous John Lewis's department store in London) was Welsh.Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

BB

PeterPeter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Hi Peter

> Ah so you don`t believe that there was a 19th Century Govenor Jones of Indiana?

I don't believe that he had any impact on the plot of Raiders of The Lost Ark!

BB

Peter

Ah well, each to his own.

The Valley Vegan................

Things You didnt know about Wales No.39

World's first health service was started in Wales.Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

> Ah so you don`t believe that there was a 19th Century Govenor Jones of Indiana?

I don't believe that he had any impact on the plot of Raiders of The Lost Ark!

BB

PeterPeter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.