IndiaDivine.org

Buckwheat pancakes - mmmmmm..............

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Article 21 Nov 2005

Buckwheat lowers blood glucose

Researchers in Canada have found new evidence that buckwheat, a grain

used in making pancakes and soba noodles, may be beneficial in the

management of diabetes.

In a controlled study, extracts of the seed lowered blood glucose

levels by 12 percent to 19 percent when fed to diabetic rats,

according to study leader Carla G. Taylor, Ph.D., an associate

professor in the Department of Human Nutritional Sciences at the

University of Manitoba in Canada.

The American Chemical Society is a nonprofit organization, chartered

by the U.S. Congress, with a multidisciplinary membership of more

than 158,000 chemists and chemical engineers. It publishes numerous

scientific journals and databases, convenes major research

conferences and provides educational, science policy and career

programs in chemistry. Its main offices are in Washington, D.C., and

Columbus, Ohio.

Michael Bernstein

m_bernstein

American Chemical Society

http://www.acs.org

Ah come on Jo, you entice me into your mail with promises of a buckwheat pancake recipe, but you don`t deliver.

You madam, are a tease!

The Valley Vegan...................

Things You didnt know about Wales No.36

The world's largest camera obscura is at Aberystwyth. heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Article 21 Nov 2005Buckwheat lowers blood glucoseResearchers in Canada have found new evidence that buckwheat, a grain used in making pancakes and soba noodles, may be beneficial in the management of diabetes. In a controlled study, extracts of the seed lowered blood glucose levels by 12 percent to 19 percent when fed to diabetic rats, according to study leader Carla G. Taylor, Ph.D., an associate professor in the Department of Human Nutritional Sciences at the University of Manitoba in Canada. The American Chemical Society is a nonprofit organization, chartered by the U.S. Congress, with a multidisciplinary membership of more than 158,000 chemists and chemical engineers. It publishes numerous scientific journals and databases, convenes major research conferences and provides educational,

science policy and career programs in chemistry. Its main offices are in Washington, D.C., and Columbus, Ohio. Michael Bernsteinm_bernsteinAmerican Chemical Societyhttp://www.acs.org

Ah......... I'm sorry.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Monday, November 21, 2005 7:04 PM

Re: Buckwheat pancakes - mmmmmm..............

Ah come on Jo, you entice me into your mail with promises of a buckwheat pancake recipe, but you don`t deliver.

You madam, are a tease!

The world's largest camera obscura is at Aberystwyth. heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Article 21 Nov 2005Buckwheat lowers blood glucoseResearchers in Canada have found new evidence that buckwheat, a grain used in making pancakes and soba noodles, may be beneficial in the management of diabetes. In a controlled study, extracts of the seed lowered blood glucose levels by 12 percent to 19 percent when fed to diabetic rats, according to study leader Carla G. Taylor, Ph.D., an associate professor in the Department of Human Nutritional Sciences at the University of Manitoba in Canada. The American Chemical Society is a nonprofit organization, chartered by the U.S. Congress, with a multidisciplinary membership of more than 158,000 chemists and chemical engineers. It publishes numerous scientific journals and databases, convenes major research conferences and provides educational, science policy and career programs in chemistry. Its main offices are in Washington, D.C., and Columbus, Ohio. Michael Bernsteinm_bernsteinAmerican Chemical Societyhttp://www.acs.org

and yet still no recipe.... *sigh*

BB

Alex :-)On 21/11/05, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Ah......... I'm sorry.

Jo

-

peter hurd

You madam, are a tease!

Article 21 Nov 2005Buckwheat lowers blood glucose

Ployes - Traditional Acadian Buckwheat PancakesIngredients (use vegan versions):

2 cups of buckwheat flour 1 cup of all-purpose flour 2 cups cold water 2 1/4 cups boiling water 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoon baking soda non-hydrogenated vegan margarine Directions: Mix buckwheat and all-purpose flour together. Stir in cold water. Add the salt and stir well. Pour boiling water and stir well. Add baking soda and stir well. Pour thin layer of batter in a hot pan (preferably cast iron) with vegan margarine melted already. Start by poring a small amount of batter to make a small pancake. This is to make sure that the other normal size pancakes turn out perfect. Some people let the pancakes cook through without turning them, but I turn them and they’re fine. These are really filling, so make them for your family or friends.

Serves: 12 pancakes Alex Iantaffi Nov 22, 2005 8:07 AM Re: Buckwheat pancakes - mmmmmm.............. and yet still no recipe.... *sigh*BBAlex :-)

On 21/11/05, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Ah......... I'm sorry.

Jo

-

peter hurd

You madam, are a tease!

Article 21 Nov 2005Buckwheat lowers blood glucoseTo send an email to -

Maybe tomorrow. I'm off to see Harry Potter tonight.

BBJo

-

Alex Iantaffi

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:07 PM

and yet still no recipe.... *sigh*BBAlex :-)

Ah......... I'm sorry.

Jo

-

peter hurd

You madam, are a tease!

Article 21 Nov 2005Buckwheat lowers blood glucose

You beat me to it Fraggle :-)

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:45 PM

Ployes - Traditional Acadian Buckwheat PancakesIngredients (use vegan versions):

2 cups of buckwheat flour 1 cup of all-purpose flour 2 cups cold water 2 1/4 cups boiling water 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoon baking soda non-hydrogenated vegan margarine Directions: Mix buckwheat and all-purpose flour together. Stir in cold water. Add the salt and stir well. Pour boiling water and stir well. Add baking soda and stir well. Pour thin layer of batter in a hot pan (preferably cast iron) with vegan margarine melted already. Start by poring a small amount of batter to make a small pancake. This is to make sure that the other normal size pancakes turn out perfect. Some people let the pancakes cook through without turning them, but I turn them and they’re fine. These are really filling, so make them for your family or friends.

Serves: 12 pancakes Alex Iantaffi Nov 22, 2005 8:07 AM Re: Buckwheat pancakes - mmmmmm.............. and yet still no recipe.... *sigh*BBAlex :-)

Ah......... I'm sorry.

Jo

-

peter hurd

You madam, are a tease!

Article 21 Nov 2005Buckwheat lowers blood glucoseTo send an email to -

There you go again, what is it with you? Picky, Picky, Picky!

Things You didnt know about Wales No38.

World's first modern crematorium (Trefforest) was Welsh. Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

> Things You didnt know about Wales No.36

The Welsh have two number 36's ???? ;-)

BB

PeterPeter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

Enjoy :-) It is quite good although not as good as the book.

BB

AlexOn 22/11/05, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Maybe tomorrow. I'm off to see Harry Potter tonight.

BBJo

-

Alex Iantaffi

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:07 PM

and yet still no recipe.... *sigh*BBAlex :-)