IndiaDivine.org

FAO Chill Out and make me laugh.....or else!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Peter, you need to stop picking holes in everything and chill out! Is it that important as to who "named" America? Do the Indians who were persecuted there care?, anyone ask them what their country was called?

I couldnt care less where Vespucci was was a captain or a relative of a Lambretta!

To quote an old hippy, Does anyone remember laughter?

Go on tell me a joke someone, I need a laugh.......

The Valley Vegan................

American Welsh connections.No.11 ( this is just so funny, its almost plausable!)

The Alamo; the expression 'gringos' comes from the Mexicans listening to the many Welsh soldiers at the Alamo singing; especially 'green grow (gringo) the rushes oh'. Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Anouk> fraggle is right, you are being silly.> I believe that it was Americo Vespucci> or something like that which america was named after.That is the "standard" belief.... seems dodgy to me, since it was put aboutoriginally by Martin Waldseemuller as a possible reason why America might beso named. But, Vespucci was merely an astronomer on one of Columbus'voyages - not a captain of a ship. He wasn't of royal blood, so the namingconvention would never have used his first name, which was an honourreserved for royals (i.e. America would be Vespucciland if it was reallynamed after Amerigo), and thirdly the suggestion that America is some sortof latinised version of Amerigo is just ludicrous.Personally, I favour the suggestion that America was named after theManichean star "Merica" which marked a mysterious land

to the West...BBPeter

face it, peter and i love to argue over this stuff.... peter hurd Nov 23, 2005 11:43 AM Re: Re: FAO Chill Out and make me laugh.....or else!

Peter, you need to stop picking holes in everything and chill out! Is it that important as to who "named" America? Do the Indians who were persecuted there care?, anyone ask them what their country was called?

I couldnt care less where Vespucci was was a captain or a relative of a Lambretta!

American Welsh connections.No.11 ( this is just so funny, its almost plausable!)

The Alamo; the expression 'gringos' comes from the Mexicans listening to the many Welsh soldiers at the Alamo singing; especially 'green grow (gringo) the rushes oh'. Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Anouk> fraggle is right, you are being silly.> I believe that it was Americo Vespucci> or something like that which america was named after.That is the "standard" belief.... seems dodgy to me, since it was put aboutoriginally by Martin Waldseemuller as a possible reason why America might beso named. But, Vespucci was merely an astronomer on one of Columbus'voyages - not a captain of a ship. He wasn't of royal blood, so the namingconvention would never have used his first name, which was an honourreserved for royals (i.e. America would be Vespucciland if it was reallynamed after Amerigo), and thirdly the suggestion that America is some sortof latinised version of Amerigo is just ludicrous.Personally, I favour the suggestion that America was named after theManichean star "Merica" which marked a mysterious land to the West...BBPeter

A meeting of minds? two old fishermens wives?

I prefer the term debate, to argue...........lifes too short for animosity.

Still waiting for a joke............................

The Valley Vegan...................

American Welsh connections No.19

Ellis Island (Manhattan, New York State) - the immigration Island where, during the early 1700s to the late 1800s, all immigrants to America had to embark and stay, was established by Samuel Ellis, born Wrexham 1892, died 1954). fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

face it, peter and i love to argue over this stuff.... peter hurd Nov 23, 2005 11:43 AM Re: Re: FAO Chill Out and make me laugh.....or else!

Hi Anouk> fraggle is right, you are being silly.> I believe that it was Americo Vespucci> or something like that which america was named after.That is the "standard" belief.... seems dodgy to me, since it was put aboutoriginally by Martin Waldseemuller as a possible reason why America might beso named. But, Vespucci was merely an astronomer on one of Columbus'voyages - not a captain of a ship. He wasn't of royal blood, so the namingconvention would never have used his first name, which was an honourreserved for royals (i.e. America would be Vespucciland if it was reallynamed after Amerigo), and thirdly the suggestion that America is some sortof latinised version of Amerigo is just ludicrous.Personally, I favour the suggestion that America was named after theManichean star "Merica" which marked a mysterious land

to the West...BBPeter

My favourite sick joke:

A drunk walks out of a pub and vomits on a little dog. The drunk looks down and says 'I don't remember eating that'!

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:18 PM

Re: Re: FAO Chill Out and make me laugh.....or else!

A meeting of minds? two old fishermens wives?

I prefer the term debate, to argue...........lifes too short for animosity.

Still waiting for a joke............................

The Valley Vegan...................

American Welsh connections No.19

Ellis Island (Manhattan, New York State) - the immigration Island where, during the early 1700s to the late 1800s, all immigrants to America had to embark and stay, was established by Samuel Ellis, born Wrexham 1892, died 1954). fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Hi Anouk> fraggle is right, you are being silly.> I believe that it was Americo Vespucci> or something like that which america was named after.That is the "standard" belief.... seems dodgy to me, since it was put aboutoriginally by Martin Waldseemuller as a possible reason why America might beso named. But, Vespucci was merely an astronomer on one of Columbus'voyages - not a captain of a ship. He wasn't of royal blood, so the namingconvention would never have used his first name, which was an honourreserved for royals (i.e. America would be Vespucciland if it was reallynamed after Amerigo), and thirdly the suggestion that America is some sortof latinised version of Amerigo is just ludicrous.Personally, I favour the suggestion that America was named after theManichean star "Merica" which marked a mysterious land to the West...BBPeter

a drunk sits at a bar

he's been there a good portion of the nite, and by now, his head rests on the wooden surface of the bar.

a large colection of empty bottles and glasses make quite a collection around his reclined head.

finally, the bartender sez "hey come on buddy, i ain't searving you know more. go on get out"

after several attempts the drunk blinks himself awake..and mumbles as he totters out the door

10 minutes later, the same drunk stumbles back in

the bartender calls out "hey, i told you i'm not serving you, you've already had too much, go on, git!"

drunk blinks for a moment, then weaves back out the door

10 minutes pass, and here comes the same guy, back thru the doorway

"i thought i told you, i'm not serving you another drink!"

the drunk scowls, and turns and walks out the door

5 more minutes pass, and once again, here comes our intrepid drunk, stumbling back into the bar.

now peeved, the bartender walks around the bar and strides toward the guy. "i'm not gonna tell you again! get out!"

the drunk peers at the bartender for second, before asking "say, how many places do you work anyways?" jo Nov 23, 2005 1:18 PM Re: Re: FAO Chill Out and make me laugh.....or else!

My favourite sick joke:

A drunk walks out of a pub and vomits on a little dog. The drunk looks down and says 'I don't remember eating that'!

Jo

Don't need no politician

Tell me things I ought to be Neither no optician

Tell me what I ought to see

No one tells you nothing

Even when you know they know

They tell you what you should be

They don't like to see you grow

Hi Peter

Some of us enjoy discussing history! If you don't, then why do you keep posting historical things to discuss???

BB

Peter

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:43 PM

Its a wind up thats why, you take all the fun out of it when you go on, and on, and on, and on, ad infinitem.......

The Valley Vegan...........Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

Some of us enjoy discussing history! If you don't, then why do you keep posting historical things to discuss???

BB

Peter

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 7:43 PM

to the West...BBPeter

Two women out on a hen night, couldnt get a taxi home so have to walk. Half way home the pressing need for the toilet raises its head. The first girl suggests that they go in the graveyard that they are passing.

Well , when they finish their business, and having no tissues or toilet paper between them, the first girl uses her knickers to wipe.

The second girl having worn expensive underwear, looks around for something else, and spies a wreath, to which she pulls off the ribbon and uses that.

The next day, two worried husbands meet over a pint in the pub.

The first husband tells the other about how worried he is because his wife came home with no knickers.

"Thats Nothing", said the second husband, " I woke up to fid a card stuck to my wifes bum which read

- From all the boys at the station, We`ll never forget the good times!"

The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

a drunk sits at a bar

he's been there a good portion of the nite, and by now, his head rests on the wooden surface of the bar.

a large colection of empty bottles and glasses make quite a collection around his reclined head.

finally, the bartender sez "hey come on buddy, i ain't searving you know more. go on get out"

after several attempts the drunk blinks himself awake..and mumbles as he totters out the door

10 minutes later, the same drunk stumbles back in

the bartender calls out "hey, i told you i'm not serving you, you've already had too much, go on, git!"

drunk blinks for a moment, then weaves back out the door

10 minutes pass, and here comes the same guy, back thru the doorway

"i thought i told you, i'm not serving you another drink!"

the drunk scowls, and turns and walks out the door

5 more minutes pass, and once again, here comes our intrepid drunk, stumbling back into the bar.

now peeved, the bartender walks around the bar and strides toward the guy. "i'm not gonna tell you again! get out!"

the drunk peers at the bartender for second, before asking "say, how many places do you work anyways?" jo Nov 23, 2005 1:18 PM Re: Re: FAO Chill Out and make me laugh.....or else!

My favourite sick joke:

Jo

Don't need no politician

Tell me things I ought to be Neither no optician

Tell me what I ought to see

No one tells you nothing

Even when you know they know

They tell you what you should be

They don't like to see you growPeter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.