IndiaDivine.org

Thanxsfernuthing Day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is anyone else beside me sickened/depressed today by the bombardment of Turkey eating Ads and promotions

how are you guys dealing with it?

In my house we had pumpkin pie and squash, with cinnamon, smells real good, but it saddenes me that I live in a culture with

so little compassion.

-anouk

We don't get that here at this time of year thank goodness - but we will at Christmas - and of course at Easter it's time to kill the spring lambs - a must have for Easter, apparently!

Jo

-

zurumato

Vegan_Animal_Rights ; veganchat

Thursday, November 24, 2005 6:39 PM

Thanxsfernuthing Day

Is anyone else beside me sickened/depressed today by the bombardment of Turkey eating Ads and promotions

In my house we had pumpkin pie and squash, with cinnamon, smells real good, but it saddenes me that I live in a culture with

so little compassion.

-anouk

Yep, its that time of year when the crowded, unaturally fattened turkeys breath their last, and die an often paiful death, just so the public can feast on their flesh. The flesh incidentally, that for the rest of the year doesnt seem to appeal, and their over sized carcases, dont even fit in some ovens! so they have to buy "crowns" ( carcasses with the bones ripped out )

Very sad indeed............

The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

We don't get that here at this time of year thank goodness - but we will at Christmas - and of course at Easter it's time to kill the spring lambs - a must have for Easter, apparently!

Jo

-

zurumato

Vegan_Animal_Rights ; veganchat

Thursday, November 24, 2005 6:39 PM

Thanxsfernuthing Day

so little compassion.

-anouk

Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

\hi \peter

What do you reckon you will have for Christmas dinner this year???

Jo

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>

> Yep, its that time of year when the crowded, unaturally fattened

turkeys breath their last, and die an often paiful death, just so the

public can feast on their flesh. The flesh incidentally, that for the

rest of the year doesnt seem to appeal, and their over sized carcases,

dont even fit in some ovens! so they have to buy " crowns " ( carcasses

with the bones ripped out )

> Very sad indeed............

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

haven't watched much tv lately..so, been missin out on the deluge of dead bird ads

but..it seems they have ads year round fer some sorta meat product...all summer its BBQ ads...er eggs..er cow secretions

with winter and the x-mas holidays they'll be 40 billion ads fer ham...then again fer easter...

seems there are generally hordes and hordes of meat ads..constantly....

if not the meat itself, then fast food...

while, on the other paw, rarely are there ads for fruit er veggies...i can think of two...sometimes safeway does em..and kaiser permanente(hospital) will run ads which promote veggies(amongst others)..

thats about it

fraggle "zurumato" Nov 24, 2005 10:39 AM Vegan_Animal_Rights , veganchat Thanxsfernuthing Day

so little compassion.

-anouk

To send an email to -

We don't have adverts for fruit and veg here either.

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, November 28, 2005 6:49 PM

Re: Thanxsfernuthing Day

haven't watched much tv lately..so, been missin out on the deluge of dead bird ads

but..it seems they have ads year round fer some sorta meat product...all summer its BBQ ads...er eggs..er cow secretions

with winter and the x-mas holidays they'll be 40 billion ads fer ham...then again fer easter...

seems there are generally hordes and hordes of meat ads..constantly....

if not the meat itself, then fast food...

while, on the other paw, rarely are there ads for fruit er veggies...i can think of two...sometimes safeway does em..and kaiser permanente(hospital) will run ads which promote veggies(amongst others)..

thats about it

fraggle "zurumato" Nov 24, 2005 10:39 AM Vegan_Animal_Rights , veganchat Thanxsfernuthing Day

so little compassion.

-anouk

To send an email to -