IndiaDivine.org

Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

November 25, 2005

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — There should be some Thanksgiving leftovers at the Justice Center Jail.Stephen Marshall, 20, who is accused of eco-sabotage, has asked for vegan meals (no meat, eggs or dairy) since he arrived at the jail in August.Jail officials have refused to adhere to his dietary wishes, and are offering him turkey and stuffing for Thanksgiving. Marshall probably won’t eat too much.“It’s a huge problem,” said Lt. Michael Shults, a spokesman for the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office, which operates the county jails. “There’s always somebody coming in and saying, ’I can’t eat that.’ Once you give someone one thing and somebody else another, we’re running a full scale buffet, which is very expensive.”The jail’s kitchen provides custom meals only for religious or medical reasons. Marshall cites no religious conviction, only

his beliefs against animal cruelty.Marshall’s attorney would not allow his client to discuss his dietary needs. But Chantel Guidry, a Lawrence, Kan.-based member of the prisoner support network Anarchist Black Cross, is leading a letter-writing campaign to get Marshall his vegan diet.Guidry says Marshall survives on whatever vegan items arrive on his tray, and she is concerned about his health.“It is not necessary that Mr. Marshall lose a great deal of weight and risk his good health just because he is not a member of an accepted religion,” Guidry wrote in a letter dated Monday to the Justice Center jail captain.Marshall is accused of plotting to blow up trucks and equipment belonging to Morse Bros., which he claimed is polluting a stream in Washington County. He has a Dec. 6 trial date in federal court.As of last week, the county was providing special diets for about 10 percent of the total jail population. Shults said a panel of chaplains,

including Muslim and Buddhist clerics, helps screen religious dietary requests based on documented practice.“Portland is a very diverse community,” Shults said. “We decided to go out and ask for help.”———Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com

The Valley Vegan............Peter H

Win a Vespa NEW - Cars has 3 Vespa LX125s to be won Enter Now!

I don't know - I've managed it :-)

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, November 28, 2005 9:54 PM

Re: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menu

easier said then done at times jo Nov 28, 2005 1:30 PM Re: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menu

That's a shame - the moral of the story though is to stay out of prison!

Jo

-

peter hurd

Monday, November 28, 2005 8:32 PM

Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menufunction createQString(s) { return escape(s); } var Heading = "Vegan%20prisoner%20finds%20limited%20Thanksgiving%20menu"; var tempTitle = createQString(Heading); var Title = " & t="+tempTitle;

'); //-->

More From News< p b s :newslist image=0 category="#CATEGORY#" useobjects=1 objectclass=8 leadin=0 days=28 count=8 priosort> //-->

November 25, 20054.7)))){ var upper_limit = 500000; var IncludeStr = "\\"; var myString = new String(window.location); var myArray = myString.split('/'); var Loc = myArray[6]; if (!Loc) { var myArray = myString.split('='); var temp = myArray[1]; var Loc = temp.substring(4,12); } document.write(IncludeStr); document.write(Loc); document.write(Title); document.write(EndStr); } --> PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — There should be some Thanksgiving leftovers at the Justice Center Jail.Stephen Marshall, 20, who is accused of eco-sabotage, has asked for vegan meals (no meat, eggs or dairy) since he arrived at the jail in August.Jail officials have refused to adhere to his dietary wishes, and are offering him turkey and stuffing for Thanksgiving. Marshall probably won’t eat too much.“It’s a huge problem,” said Lt. Michael Shults, a spokesman for the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office, which operates the county jails. “There’s always somebody coming in and saying, ’I can’t eat that.’ Once you give someone one thing and somebody else another, we’re running a full scale buffet, which is very expensive.”The jail’s kitchen provides custom meals only for religious or medical reasons. Marshall cites no religious conviction, only his beliefs against animal cruelty.Marshall’s attorney would not allow his client to discuss his dietary needs. But Chantel Guidry, a Lawrence, Kan.-based member of the prisoner support network Anarchist Black Cross, is leading a letter-writing campaign to get Marshall his vegan diet.Guidry says Marshall survives on whatever vegan items arrive on his tray, and she is concerned about his health.“It is not necessary that Mr. Marshall lose a great deal of weight and risk his good health just because he is not a member of an accepted religion,” Guidry wrote in a letter dated Monday to the Justice Center jail captain.Marshall is accused of plotting to blow up trucks and equipment belonging to Morse Bros., which he claimed is polluting a stream in Washington County. He has a Dec. 6 trial date in federal court.As of last week, the county was providing special diets for about 10 percent of the total jail population. Shults said a panel of chaplains, including Muslim and Buddhist clerics, helps screen religious dietary requests based on documented practice.“Portland is a very diverse community,” Shults said. “We decided to go out and ask for help.”———Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com

The Valley Vegan............

Peter H

Win a Vespa NEW - Cars has 3 Vespa LX125s to be won Enter Now! To send an email to -

lucky!

jo Nov 28, 2005 2:50 PM Re: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menu

Jo

-

fraggle

easier said then done at times

Don't need no politician

Tell me things I ought to be Neither no optician

Tell me what I ought to see

No one tells you nothing

Even when you know they know

They tell you what you should be

They don't like to see you grow

Sometimes you have to stand up and be counted for your beliefs.Most people dont have the guts.

Did you see what he was in for?

The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

peter hurd

November 25, 2005

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — There should be some Thanksgiving leftovers at the Justice Center Jail.Stephen Marshall, 20, who is accused of eco-sabotage, has asked for vegan meals (no meat, eggs or dairy) since he arrived at the jail in August.Jail officials have refused to adhere to his dietary wishes, and are offering him turkey and stuffing for Thanksgiving. Marshall probably won’t eat too much.“It’s a huge problem,” said Lt. Michael Shults, a spokesman for the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office, which operates the county jails. “There’s always somebody coming in and saying, ’I can’t eat that.’ Once you give someone one thing and somebody else another, we’re running a full scale buffet, which is very expensive.”The jail’s kitchen provides custom meals only for religious or medical reasons. Marshall cites no religious conviction, only

his beliefs against animal cruelty.Marshall’s attorney would not allow his client to discuss his dietary needs. But Chantel Guidry, a Lawrence, Kan.-based member of the prisoner support network Anarchist Black Cross, is leading a letter-writing campaign to get Marshall his vegan diet.Guidry says Marshall survives on whatever vegan items arrive on his tray, and she is concerned about his health.“It is not necessary that Mr. Marshall lose a great deal of weight and risk his good health just because he is not a member of an accepted religion,” Guidry wrote in a letter dated Monday to the Justice Center jail captain.Marshall is accused of plotting to blow up trucks and equipment belonging to Morse Bros., which he claimed is polluting a stream in Washington County. He has a Dec. 6 trial date in federal court.As of last week, the county was providing special diets for about 10 percent of the total jail population. Shults said a panel of chaplains,

including Muslim and Buddhist clerics, helps screen religious dietary requests based on documented practice.“Portland is a very diverse community,” Shults said. “We decided to go out and ask for help.”———Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com

Peter H

Win a Vespa NEW - Cars has 3 Vespa LX125s to be won Enter Now! Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Me too, though I have had a nice portrait done, and some nice inky fingers..............but that was when I was younger.....

The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

fraggle

easier said then done at times jo Nov 28, 2005 1:30 PM Re: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menu

Jo

-

peter hurd

Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menufunction createQString(s) { return escape(s); } var Heading = "Vegan%20prisoner%20finds%20limited%20Thanksgiving%20menu"; var tempTitle = createQString(Heading); var Title = " & t="+tempTitle;

'); //-->

More From News< p b s :newslist image=0 category="#CATEGORY#" useobjects=1 objectclass=8 leadin=0 days=28 count=8 priosort> //-->

November 25, 20054.7)))){ var upper_limit = 500000; var IncludeStr = "\\"; var myString = new String(window.location); var myArray = myString.split('/'); var Loc = myArray[6]; if (!Loc) { var myArray = myString.split('='); var temp = myArray[1]; var Loc = temp.substring(4,12); } document.write(IncludeStr); document.write(Loc); document.write(Title); document.write(EndStr); } --> PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — There should be some Thanksgiving leftovers at the Justice Center Jail.Stephen Marshall, 20, who is accused of eco-sabotage, has asked for vegan meals (no meat, eggs or dairy) since he arrived at the jail in August.Jail officials have refused to adhere to his dietary wishes, and are offering him turkey and stuffing for Thanksgiving. Marshall probably won’t eat too much.“It’s a huge problem,” said Lt. Michael Shults, a spokesman for the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office, which operates the county jails. “There’s always somebody coming in and saying, ’I can’t eat that.’ Once you give someone one thing and somebody else another, we’re running a full scale

buffet, which is very expensive.”The jail’s kitchen provides custom meals only for religious or medical reasons. Marshall cites no religious conviction, only his beliefs against animal cruelty.Marshall’s attorney would not allow his client to discuss his dietary needs. But Chantel Guidry, a Lawrence, Kan.-based member of the prisoner support network Anarchist Black Cross, is leading a letter-writing campaign to get Marshall his vegan diet.Guidry says Marshall survives on whatever vegan items arrive on his tray, and she is concerned about his health.“It is not necessary that Mr. Marshall lose a great deal of weight and risk his good health just because he is not a member of an accepted religion,” Guidry wrote in a letter dated Monday to the Justice Center jail captain.Marshall is accused of plotting to blow up trucks and equipment belonging to Morse Bros., which he claimed is polluting a stream in Washington County. He has a Dec. 6 trial date

in federal court.As of last week, the county was providing special diets for about 10 percent of the total jail population. Shults said a panel of chaplains, including Muslim and Buddhist clerics, helps screen religious dietary requests based on documented practice.“Portland is a very diverse community,” Shults said. “We decided to go out and ask for help.”———Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com

Peter H

Win a Vespa NEW - Cars has 3 Vespa LX125s to be won Enter Now! To send an email to -

Yep - plotting to blow up trucks - which I think is wrong.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:00 PM

Sometimes you have to stand up and be counted for your beliefs.Most people dont have the guts.

Jo

-

peter hurd

November 25, 2005

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — There should be some Thanksgiving leftovers at the Justice Center Jail.Stephen Marshall, 20, who is accused of eco-sabotage, has asked for vegan meals (no meat, eggs or dairy) since he arrived at the jail in August.Jail officials have refused to adhere to his dietary wishes, and are offering him turkey and stuffing for Thanksgiving. Marshall probably won’t eat too much.“It’s a huge problem,” said Lt. Michael Shults, a spokesman for the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office, which operates the county jails. “There’s always somebody coming in and saying, ’I can’t eat that.’ Once you give someone one thing and somebody else another, we’re running a full scale buffet, which is very expensive.”The jail’s kitchen provides custom meals only for religious or medical reasons. Marshall cites no religious conviction, only his beliefs against animal cruelty.Marshall’s attorney would not allow his client to discuss his dietary needs. But Chantel Guidry, a Lawrence, Kan.-based member of the prisoner support network Anarchist Black Cross, is leading a letter-writing campaign to get Marshall his vegan diet.Guidry says Marshall survives on whatever vegan items arrive on his tray, and she is concerned about his health.“It is not necessary that Mr. Marshall lose a great deal of weight and risk his good health just because he is not a member of an accepted religion,” Guidry wrote in a letter dated Monday to the Justice Center jail captain.Marshall is accused of plotting to blow up trucks and equipment belonging to Morse Bros., which he claimed is polluting a stream in Washington County. He has a Dec. 6 trial date in federal court.As of last week, the county was providing special diets for about 10 percent of the total jail population. Shults said a panel of chaplains, including Muslim and Buddhist clerics, helps screen religious dietary requests based on documented practice.“Portland is a very diverse community,” Shults said. “We decided to go out and ask for help.”———Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com

Peter H

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

why..was there a time when you were older? peter hurd Nov 29, 2005 12:04 PM Re: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menu

Me too, though I have had a nice portrait done, and some nice inky fingers..............but that was when I was younger.....

Jo

-

fraggle

Jo

-

peter hurd

'); //-->

November 25, 20054.7)))){ var upper_limit = 500000; var IncludeStr = "\\"; var myString = new String(window.location); var myArray = myString.split('/'); var Loc = myArray[6]; if (!Loc) { var myArray = myString.split('='); var temp = myArray[1]; var Loc = temp.substring(4,12); } document.write(IncludeStr); document.write(Loc); document.write(Title); document.write(EndStr); } --> PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) There should be some Thanksgiving leftovers at the Justice Center Jail.Stephen Marshall, 20, who is accused of eco-sabotage, has asked for vegan meals (no meat, eggs or dairy) since he arrived at the jail in August.Jail officials have refused to adhere to his dietary wishes, and are offering him turkey and stuffing for Thanksgiving. Marshall probably wont eat too much.Its a huge problem, said Lt. Michael Shults, a spokesman for the Multnomah County Sheriffs Office, which operates the county jails. Theres always somebody coming in and saying, I cant eat that. Once you give someone one thing and somebody else another, were running a full scale buffet, which is very expensive.The jails kitchen provides custom meals only for religious or medical reasons. Marshall cites no religious conviction, only his beliefs against animal cruelty.Marshalls attorney would not allow his client to discuss his dietary needs. But Chantel Guidry, a Lawrence, Kan.-based member of the prisoner support network Anarchist Black Cross, is leading a letter-writing campaign to get Marshall his vegan diet.Guidry says Marshall survives on whatever vegan items arrive on his tray, and she is concerned about his health.It is not necessary that Mr. Marshall lose a great deal of weight and risk his good health just because he is not a member of an accepted religion, Guidry wrote in a letter dated Monday to the Justice Center jail captain.Marshall is accused of plotting to blow up trucks and equipment belonging to Morse Bros., which he claimed is polluting a stream in Washington County. He has a Dec. 6 trial date in federal court.As of last week, the county was providing special diets for about 10 percent of the total jail population. Shults said a panel of chaplains, including Muslim and Buddhist clerics, helps screen religious dietary requests based on documented practice.Portland is a very diverse community, Shults said. We decided to go out and ask for help.Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com

Peter H

I've never got into any scrapes with the police, apart from having the car searched on the way to hunt sabbing, and a couple of other times - although I think that was only cos it was an old car, and Peter and my daughter's boyfriend had long hair.

I never think it's a good idea to head for trouble. I don't think it achieves anything really.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:04 PM

Jo

-

fraggle

Jo

-

peter hurd

'); //-->

November 25, 20054.7)))){ var upper_limit = 500000; var IncludeStr = "\\"; var myString = new String(window.location); var myArray = myString.split('/'); var Loc = myArray[6]; if (!Loc) { var myArray = myString.split('='); var temp = myArray[1]; var Loc = temp.substring(4,12); } document.write(IncludeStr); document.write(Loc); document.write(Title); document.write(EndStr); } --> PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — There should be some Thanksgiving leftovers at the Justice Center Jail.Stephen Marshall, 20, who is accused of eco-sabotage, has asked for vegan meals (no meat, eggs or dairy) since he arrived at the jail in August.Jail officials have refused to adhere to his dietary wishes, and are offering him turkey and stuffing for Thanksgiving. Marshall probably won’t eat too much.“It’s a huge problem,” said Lt. Michael Shults, a spokesman for the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office, which operates the county jails. “There’s always somebody coming in and saying, ’I can’t eat that.’ Once you give someone one thing and somebody else another, we’re running a full scale buffet, which is very expensive.”The jail’s kitchen provides custom meals only for religious or medical reasons. Marshall cites no religious conviction, only his beliefs against animal cruelty.Marshall’s attorney would not allow his client to discuss his dietary needs. But Chantel Guidry, a Lawrence, Kan.-based member of the prisoner support network Anarchist Black Cross, is leading a letter-writing campaign to get Marshall his vegan diet.Guidry says Marshall survives on whatever vegan items arrive on his tray, and she is concerned about his health.“It is not necessary that Mr. Marshall lose a great deal of weight and risk his good health just because he is not a member of an accepted religion,” Guidry wrote in a letter dated Monday to the Justice Center jail captain.Marshall is accused of plotting to blow up trucks and equipment belonging to Morse Bros., which he claimed is polluting a stream in Washington County. He has a Dec. 6 trial date in federal court.As of last week, the county was providing special diets for about 10 percent of the total jail population. Shults said a panel of chaplains, including Muslim and Buddhist clerics, helps screen religious dietary requests based on documented practice.“Portland is a very diverse community,” Shults said. “We decided to go out and ask for help.”———Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com

Peter H

Ya don't have to be headin fer *trouble* fer it to find you..... jo Nov 29, 2005 3:55 PM Re: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menu

I've never got into any scrapes with the police, apart from having the car searched on the way to hunt sabbing, and a couple of other times - although I think that was only cos it was an old car, and Peter and my daughter's boyfriend had long hair.

I never think it's a good idea to head for trouble. I don't think it achieves anything really.

Jo

Don't need no politician

Tell me things I ought to be Neither no optician

No one tells you nothing

Andwhat were the trucks being used for? was that right?

Jo

-

peter hurd

Jo

-

peter hurd

November 25, 2005

Peter H

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

No - but that is not a logical argument. Just because one thing is wrong does not mean that anything done against it is right.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 9:14 PM

Jo

-

peter hurd

Jo

-

peter hurd

November 25, 2005

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — There should be some Thanksgiving leftovers at the Justice Center Jail.Stephen Marshall, 20, who is accused of eco-sabotage, has asked for vegan meals (no meat, eggs or dairy) since he arrived at the jail in August.Jail officials have refused to adhere to his dietary wishes, and are offering him turkey and stuffing for Thanksgiving. Marshall probably won’t eat too much.“It’s a huge problem,” said Lt. Michael Shults, a spokesman for the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office, which operates the county jails. “There’s always somebody coming in and saying, ’I can’t eat that.’ Once you give someone one thing and somebody else another, we’re running a full scale buffet, which is very expensive.”The jail’s kitchen provides custom meals only for religious or medical reasons. Marshall cites no religious conviction, only his beliefs against animal cruelty.Marshall’s attorney would not allow his client to discuss his dietary needs. But Chantel Guidry, a Lawrence, Kan.-based member of the prisoner support network Anarchist Black Cross, is leading a letter-writing campaign to get Marshall his vegan diet.Guidry says Marshall survives on whatever vegan items arrive on his tray, and she is concerned about his health.“It is not necessary that Mr. Marshall lose a great deal of weight and risk his good health just because he is not a member of an accepted religion,” Guidry wrote in a letter dated Monday to the Justice Center jail captain.Marshall is accused of plotting to blow up trucks and equipment belonging to Morse Bros., which he claimed is polluting a stream in Washington County. He has a Dec. 6 trial date in federal court.As of last week, the county was providing special diets for about 10 percent of the total jail population. Shults said a panel of chaplains, including Muslim and Buddhist clerics, helps screen religious dietary requests based on documented practice.“Portland is a very diverse community,” Shults said. “We decided to go out and ask for help.”———Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com

Peter H

Peter H

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

I never said that it did?

The Valley Vegan...............

In these times of war todayA choice must be made that no one wants to makeThe result is inevitableNo one wins but a side must be takenjo <jo.heartwork wrote:

No - but that is not a logical argument. Just because one thing is wrong does not mean that anything done against it is right.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 9:14 PM

Jo

-

peter hurd

Jo

-

peter hurd

November 25, 2005

Peter H

Peter H

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail Peter H

Hi Jo

I'm sorry, I have to argue this here. Trouble has definately found

you. Just look at all your friends on this group! ;)

Yes, yes, me included.

BB

Nikki :)

, " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

>

> I can only repeat that I have been around for 57 years and trouble

has not found me yet.

>

> Jo

Hi Nikki

Well that's true - but I still manage to insulate myself against it :-)

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <earthstorm

Friday, December 02, 2005 11:07 AM

> Hi Jo

>

> I'm sorry, I have to argue this here. Trouble has definately found

> you. Just look at all your friends on this group! ;)

>

> Yes, yes, me included.

>

> BB

> Nikki :)

from the other side of the fence

on tuesday, my partner car ran out of gas....

she got some gas, and walked back to her car

while filling up a cop pulled up

wanted to know what she was doing..

" putting gas in my car "

oh..this is your car?

" yes "

so..wot's the cop do?

hand cuffs her and tosses her to the sidewalk

she then calls back up, and they search the car...

after not finding anything, and them finally finding her registration, they

unlock her and just leave

last nite

she closes the bar she works at and comes home..as she pulls away, a cop car

pulls in behind her

she gets pulled over...

why?

no reason

no ticket, not driving erratic..nothing

they checked her license and registration, ran her plates..and after 20 minutes,

let her go

you don't have to look fer trouble..it happily sticks its greedy head in

everywhere

jo <jo.heartwork

Dec 2, 2005 11:11 AM

Hi Nikki

Well that's true - but I still manage to insulate myself against it :-)

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <earthstorm

Friday, December 02, 2005 11:07 AM

> Hi Jo

>

> I'm sorry, I have to argue this here. Trouble has definately found

> you. Just look at all your friends on this group! ;)

>

> Yes, yes, me included.

>

> BB

> Nikki :)

To send an email to -

Maybe it is different there. I may have given the police reasons to notice

me in the past. On one demonstration a policeman who was walking

immediately behind me told everyone to keep moving. That did it for me - I

had every right to stop, so I stopped dead, turned round and looked at him.

He looked embarrassed and left me alone. At other times I have questioned

what they are doing - like one traffic policeman who was holding up our line

of traffic. I said he was letting all the other people get the parking

places and should let us through - he did. There are many small incidents

like that, and I have never had any trouble.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Friday, December 02, 2005 7:32 PM

> from the other side of the fence

>

> on tuesday, my partner car ran out of gas....

> she got some gas, and walked back to her car

> while filling up a cop pulled up

> wanted to know what she was doing..

> " putting gas in my car "

> oh..this is your car?

> " yes "

> so..wot's the cop do?

> hand cuffs her and tosses her to the sidewalk

> she then calls back up, and they search the car...

> after not finding anything, and them finally finding her registration,

they unlock her and just leave

>

> last nite

> she closes the bar she works at and comes home..as she pulls away, a cop

car pulls in behind her

> she gets pulled over...

> why?

> no reason

> no ticket, not driving erratic..nothing

> they checked her license and registration, ran her plates..and after 20

minutes, let her go

>

> you don't have to look fer trouble..it happily sticks its greedy head in

everywhere

>

here, you'd be hauled out of yer car fer obstructing an officer in the line of

duty...

my ex wife had her leg broekn when the cops broke up a show

i've been shot at by police during demonstrations

i once was walking my groceries home, and got handcuffed and tossed in the back

of the car, fer no reason besides they didn't like me

*shrug*

jo <jo.heartwork

Dec 2, 2005 11:50 AM

Maybe it is different there. I may have given the police reasons to notice

me in the past. On one demonstration a policeman who was walking

immediately behind me told everyone to keep moving. That did it for me - I

had every right to stop, so I stopped dead, turned round and looked at him.

He looked embarrassed and left me alone. At other times I have questioned

what they are doing - like one traffic policeman who was holding up our line

of traffic. I said he was letting all the other people get the parking

places and should let us through - he did. There are many small incidents

like that, and I have never had any trouble.

Jo

Don't need no politician

Tell me things I ought to be

Neither no optician

No one tells you nothing

That sucks, a guy I used to knock about with used to always get pulled over/followed, I assume just because he had long hair. It happened for about a month, two or three times a week, then they must have had new targets? The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: from the other side of the fenceon tuesday, my partner car ran out of gas....she got some gas, and walked back to her carwhile filling up a cop pulled upwanted to know what she was doing.."putting gas in my car"oh..this is your car?"yes"so..wot's the cop do?hand cuffs her and tosses her to the sidewalkshe then calls back up, and they search the car...after not finding anything, and them finally finding her registration, they unlock her and just leavelast niteshe

closes the bar she works at and comes home..as she pulls away, a cop car pulls in behind hershe gets pulled over...why?no reasonno ticket, not driving erratic..nothingthey checked her license and registration, ran her plates..and after 20 minutes, let her goyou don't have to look fer trouble..it happily sticks its greedy head in everywherejo Dec 2, 2005 11:11 AM Subject: Re: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menuHi NikkiWell that's true - but I still manage to insulate myself against it :-)BBJo- "earthstrm" Friday, December 02, 2005 11:07 AMRe: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menu> Hi Jo> > I'm sorry, I have to argue this

here. Trouble has definately found > you. Just look at all your friends on this group! ;)> > Yes, yes, me included.> > BB> Nikki :)To send an email to -

This is harrassment and their are laws against it;

especially in light of apparently not have " just

cause " . Susan

--- fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> oh..this is your car?

> " yes "

> so..wot's the cop do?

> after not finding anything, and them finally finding

> her registration, they unlock her and just leave

>

> last nite

> she closes the bar she works at and comes home..as

> she pulls away, a cop car pulls in behind her

> why?

> no reason

> they checked her license and registration, ran her

> plates..and after 20 minutes, let her go

>

> you don't have to look fer trouble..it happily

> sticks its greedy head in everywhere

>

>

> jo <jo.heartwork

> Dec 2, 2005 11:11 AM

>

> Re: Vegan prisoner finds

> limited Thanksgiving menu

>

> Hi Nikki

>

> Well that's true - but I still manage to insulate

> myself against it :-)

>

> BB

> Jo

> -

> " earthstrm " <earthstorm

>

> Friday, December 02, 2005 11:07 AM

>

>

> > Hi Jo

> >

> > I'm sorry, I have to argue this here. Trouble has

> definately found

> > you. Just look at all your friends on this group!

> ;)

> >

> > Yes, yes, me included.

> >

> > BB

> > Nikki :)

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to

> -

>

Tell your partner that I'm so sorry that happened to her. I'm guessing they are using profiling?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: from the other side of the fenceon tuesday, my partner car ran out of gas....she got some gas, and walked back to her carwhile filling up a cop pulled upwanted to know what she was doing.."putting gas in my car"oh..this is your car?"yes"so..wot's the cop do?hand cuffs her and tosses her to the sidewalkshe then calls back up, and they search the car...after not finding anything, and them finally finding her registration, they unlock her and just leavelast niteshe closes the bar she works at and comes home..as she pulls away, a cop car pulls in behind hershe gets pulled over...why?no reasonno ticket, not driving

erratic..nothingthey checked her license and registration, ran her plates..and after 20 minutes, let her goyou don't have to look fer trouble..it happily sticks its greedy head in everywherejo <jo.heartworkDec 2, 2005 11:11 AM Subject: Re: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menuHi NikkiWell that's true - but I still manage to insulate myself against it :-)BBJo- "earthstrm" <earthstormFriday, December 02, 2005 11:07 AMRe: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menu> Hi Jo> > I'm sorry, I have to argue this here. Trouble has definately found > you. Just look at all your friends on this group! ;)> > Yes, yes, me included.>

> BB> Nikki :)To send an email to -

hahahahahahhaha

one law fer them, another law fer us....

Susan <oceanfest_2000

Dec 2, 2005 1:06 PM

This is harrassment and their are laws against it;

especially in light of apparently not have " just

cause " . Susan

>

> oh..this is your car?

> " yes "

> so..wot's the cop do?

> after not finding anything, and them finally finding

> her registration, they unlock her and just leave

>

> last nite

> she closes the bar she works at and comes home..as

> she pulls away, a cop car pulls in behind her

> why?

> no reason

> they checked her license and registration, ran her

> plates..and after 20 minutes, let her go

>

> you don't have to look fer trouble..it happily

> sticks its greedy head in everywhere

>

>

> jo <jo.heartwork

> Dec 2, 2005 11:11 AM

>

>

> Hi Nikki

>

> Well that's true - but I still manage to insulate

> myself against it :-)

>

> BB

> Jo

> -

> " earthstrm " <earthstorm

>

> Friday, December 02, 2005 11:07 AM

>

>

> > Hi Jo

> >

> > I'm sorry, I have to argue this here. Trouble has

> definately found

> > you. Just look at all your friends on this group!

> ;)

> >

> > Yes, yes, me included.

> >

> > BB

> > Nikki :)

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to

> -

>

that er they're bored.... Jonnie Hellens Dec 2, 2005 1:08 PM Re: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menu

Tell your partner that I'm so sorry that happened to her. I'm guessing they are using profiling?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: from the other side of the fenceon tuesday, my partner car ran out of gas....she got some gas, and walked back to her carwhile filling up a cop pulled upwanted to know what she was doing.."putting gas in my car"oh..this is your car?"yes"so..wot's the cop do?hand cuffs her and tosses her to the sidewalkshe then calls back up, and they search the car...after not finding anything, and them finally finding her registration, they unlock her and just leavelast niteshe closes the bar she works at and comes home..as she pulls away, a cop car pulls in behind hershe gets pulled over...why?no reasonno ticket, not driving erratic..nothingthey checked her license and registration, ran her plates..and after 20 minutes, let her goyou don't have to look fer trouble..it happily sticks its greedy head in everywherejo <jo.heartworkDec 2, 2005 11:11 AM Subject: Re: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menuHi NikkiWell that's true - but I still manage to insulate myself against it :-)BBJo- "earthstrm" <earthstormFriday, December 02, 2005 11:07 AMRe: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menu> Hi Jo> > I'm sorry, I have to argue this here. Trouble has definately found > you. Just look at all your friends on this group! ;)> > Yes, yes, me included.> > BB> Nikki :)To send an email to -

It happened to us quite often when Peter and Laura's ex-partner had long hair, but they were always very polite.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Friday, December 02, 2005 8:59 PM

That sucks, a guy I used to knock about with used to always get pulled over/followed, I assume just because he had long hair. It happened for about a month, two or three times a week, then they must have had new targets?

The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

from the other side of the fenceon tuesday, my partner car ran out of gas....she got some gas, and walked back to her carwhile filling up a cop pulled upwanted to know what she was doing.."putting gas in my car"oh..this is your car?"yes"so..wot's the cop do?hand cuffs her and tosses her to the sidewalkshe then calls back up, and they search the car...after not finding anything, and them finally finding her registration, they unlock her and just leavelast niteshe closes the bar she works at and comes home..as she pulls away, a cop car pulls in behind hershe gets pulled over...why?no reasonno ticket, not driving erratic..nothingthey checked her license and registration, ran her plates..and after 20 minutes, let her goyou don't have to look fer trouble..it happily sticks its greedy head in everywherejo Dec 2, 2005 11:11 AM Subject: Re: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menuHi NikkiWell that's true - but I still manage to insulate myself against it :-)BBJo- "earthstrm" Friday, December 02, 2005 11:07 AMRe: Vegan prisoner finds limited Thanksgiving menu> Hi Jo> > I'm sorry, I have to argue this here. Trouble has definately found > you. Just look at all your friends on this group! ;)> > Yes, yes, me included.> > BB> Nikki :)To send an email to -

Yah, I thought of that. I guess you have to pick your

battles. susan

> hahahahahahhaha

> one law fer them, another law fer us....

>

>

> Susan <oceanfest_2000

> Dec 2, 2005 1:06 PM

>

>

>

> This is harrassment and their are laws against it;

> especially in light of apparently not have " just

> cause " . Susan

> --- fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> > from the other side of the fence

> >

> > on tuesday, my partner car ran out of gas....

> > she got some gas, and walked back to her car

> > while filling up a cop pulled up

> > wanted to know what she was doing..

> > " putting gas in my car "

> > oh..this is your car?

> > " yes "

> > so..wot's the cop do?

> > hand cuffs her and tosses her to the sidewalk

> > she then calls back up, and they search the car...

> > after not finding anything, and them finally

> finding

> > her registration, they unlock her and just leave

> >

> > last nite

> > she closes the bar she works at and comes home..as

> > she pulls away, a cop car pulls in behind her

> > she gets pulled over...

> > why?

> > no reason

> > no ticket, not driving erratic..nothing

> > they checked her license and registration, ran her