IndiaDivine.org

Dining out-rant : Seperatist Movement

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I realy dont see the need for seperate plates, utensils, pots and pans, kitchens, houses, counties,countrys,planets, solar systems,etc for meat eaters and us vegans. I think it is a waste of resources. You have to buy two of everything, use twice as much energy/washing up liquids/water in washing them ( unless the carnie doesnt wash theirs?) The Valley Vegan..............sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001 wrote: I guess the way we get by w/ getting new things is by asking for them for b-day/holiday stuff,that way we don't have to spend our money on new things.I have my favorite utensils/dishes that I will reuse like daily and my hubby won't touch them(yes I do wash them daily)earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Unfortunately I have no such luxury at my house. DH has bought me a few pots/pans of mine own in the past. But as time goes on and one set wears out, we cannot afford to continually buy and have 2 sets in the house. Not too mention cannot afford having two sets of cooking utensils, eating utensils, plates, bowls, cups, etc etc.So I make do with the washing and cleaning of shared things.Nikki , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:>> i know a lot of vegans who won't eat at any place that uses the same pots and such for meat as well as veggies...> > everyone draws the line at different places...> > and, to me there is a major difference between stepping behind a carnivore, and eating off the same pan that has been used countless times to baste some dead

critter....> PersonalsSkip the bars and set-ups and start using Personals for free Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

Those are my thoughts Peter. Also you would need a bigger kitchen than mine to store two lots of utensils and saucepans.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Friday, December 02, 2005 6:08 PM

Re: Re: Dining out-rant : Seperatist Movement

I realy dont see the need for seperate plates, utensils, pots and pans, kitchens, houses, counties,countrys,planets, solar systems,etc for meat eaters and us vegans.

I think it is a waste of resources. You have to buy two of everything, use twice as much energy/washing up liquids/water in washing them ( unless the carnie doesnt wash theirs?)

The Valley Vegan..............

you live the way you want to and I will live the way I want to luckily we are not living together then.peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: I realy dont see the need for seperate plates, utensils, pots and pans, kitchens, houses, counties,countrys,planets, solar systems,etc for meat eaters and us vegans. I think it is a waste of resources. You have to buy two of everything, use twice as much energy/washing up liquids/water in washing them ( unless the carnie doesnt wash theirs?) The Valley Vegan..............sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001 wrote: I guess the way we get by w/ getting new things is by asking for

them for b-day/holiday stuff,that way we don't have to spend our money on new things.I have my favorite utensils/dishes that I will reuse like daily and my hubby won't touch them(yes I do wash them daily)earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Unfortunately I have no such luxury at my house. DH has bought me a few pots/pans of mine own in the past. But as time goes on and one set wears out, we cannot afford to continually buy and have 2 sets in the house. Not too mention cannot afford having two sets of cooking utensils, eating utensils, plates, bowls, cups, etc etc.So I make do with the washing and cleaning of shared things.Nikki , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:>> i know a lot of vegans who won't eat at any place that uses the same pots and such for

meat as well as veggies...> > everyone draws the line at different places...> > and, to me there is a major difference between stepping behind a carnivore, and eating off the same pan that has been used countless times to baste some dead critter....> PersonalsSkip the bars and set-ups and start using Personals for free Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

Personals Single? There's someone we'd like you to meet. Lots of someones, actually. Try Personals

DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

Darn tootin`, it would cost me an arm and a leg to live like that! The Valley Vegan............sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001 wrote: you live the way you want to and I will live the way I want to luckily we are not living together then.peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: I realy dont see the need for seperate plates, utensils, pots and pans, kitchens, houses, counties,countrys,planets, solar systems,etc for meat eaters and us vegans. I think it is a waste of resources. You have to buy two of everything, use twice as much energy/washing up liquids/water in washing them ( unless the carnie doesnt wash theirs?) The Valley Vegan..............sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001 wrote: I guess the way we get by w/ getting new things is by asking for them for b-day/holiday stuff,that way we don't have to spend our money on new things.I have my favorite utensils/dishes that I will reuse like daily and my hubby won't touch them(yes I do wash them daily)earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Unfortunately I have no such luxury at my house. DH has bought me a few pots/pans of mine own in the past. But as time goes on and one set wears out, we cannot afford to continually buy and have 2 sets in the house. Not too mention cannot afford having two sets of

cooking utensils, eating utensils, plates, bowls, cups, etc etc.So I make do with the washing and cleaning of shared things.Nikki , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:>> i know a lot of vegans who won't eat at any place that uses the same pots and such for meat as well as veggies...> > everyone draws the line at different places...> > and, to me there is a major difference between stepping behind a carnivore, and eating off the same pan that has been used countless times to baste some dead critter....> PersonalsSkip the bars and set-ups and start using Personals for free Peter H Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail PersonalsSingle? There's someone we'd like you to meet.Lots of someones, actually. Try Personals DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

Peter H

Win a Vespa NEW - Cars has 3 Vespa LX125s to be won Enter Now!

no silly

peter asked how would you know

i said

a. vegan restaurants

b. AND restaurants that use different pans fer vegan fare jo Dec 2, 2005 3:49 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant : Seperatist Movement

If they are vegan restaurants why do they need seperate pans - separate from what?

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, December 02, 2005 9:56 PM

Re: Re: Dining out-rant : Seperatist Movement

all vegan restaurants

and some places(like felini's in berkeley) have seperate pans fer the vegan food

as does the falafel place up in fairfield my partner goes to peter hurd Dec 2, 2005 1:38 PM Re: Re: Dining out-rant : Seperatist Movement

Some people are more paranoid / sensative (delete as appropriate ) than others.

Thing is you would never eat out if you were that extreme, because how would you know?

The Valley Vegan..................

Don't need no politician

Tell me things I ought to be Neither no optician

Tell me what I ought to see

No one tells you nothing

Even when you know they know

They tell you what you should be

They don't like to see you grow