IndiaDivine.org

Wotchutink?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have always insisted that my veggie kids have organic milk, now with the advent of the "clever" milk with added omega 3 ( from fish? - I dunno) my other half has decided that it is better. I have heard that organic grazed cows get less mastitis and therefore there are less puss parts per million in organic milk, which is my argument. Also I hate the idea of things being bastardised. But the power of advertising , with the promise of brainier kids has swayed my nearest and dearest. Wotchutink? The Valley Vegan....................Peter H

Win a Vespa NEW - Cars has 3 Vespa LX125s to be won Enter Now!

Why do you think children need cow's milk? That is my question. Cow's milk is for baby cows, designed for their rapid growth and needs not for humans. Now if you want to find breast milk for your children go for it but it is unnecessary too after they eat foods. You don't need milk for calcium. So why are you doing the milk think? A lot of the rest of the world doesn't drink milk. Even from organic cows I think that it is totally unnecessary. Did you know that type one diabetes is being associated with babies and children drinking milk. Tis true...google it and you will see. And I am unclear as to how the omega 3 is in the milk...they are adding it....is it coming from GMO. Synthetic? Natural from what source. Doesn't matter much to me, but it sure might to you if you are giving it to your children. Wotchutink...tink ya don need it. yes, I have children, five to be precise.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

peter hurd

I have always insisted that my veggie kids have organic milk, now with the advent of the "clever" milk with added omega 3 ( from fish? - I dunno) my other half has decided that it is better.

I have heard that organic grazed cows get less mastitis and therefore there are less puss parts per million in organic milk, which is my argument. Also I hate the idea of things being bastardised.

But the power of advertising , with the promise of brainier kids has swayed my nearest and dearest.

Wotchutink?

The Valley Vegan....................

Peter H

When I was vegetarian I used organic milk one reason

being to support organic farmers. As for the

Omega-3s, they didn't have that in milk when I was

using it. Why add something that isn't supposed to be

there? The trouble with supplementing is sometimes

the manufactureres really don't know what the

" correct " amounts are and for how long it's safe to do

it or the long term results. I'd rather have my Omega

3s from flax or walnuts, or whatever already has it

there--wholistically, if Omega 3 is a nutrient natural

to a source that source is already balanced with

things that work well with that particular amount of

Omega 3. Hmmm now that I think of it, if I'm using

flax oil, then I'm working outside the wholistic view.

I'll have to rethink that and maybe stick with ground

flax seeds. Susan

--- peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

> I have always insisted that my veggie kids have

> organic milk, now with the advent of the " clever "

> milk with added omega 3 ( from fish? - I dunno) my

> other half has decided that it is better.

> I have heard that organic grazed cows get less

> mastitis and therefore there are less puss parts per

> million in organic milk, which is my argument. Also

> I hate the idea of things being bastardised.

> But the power of advertising , with the promise of

> brainier kids has swayed my nearest and dearest.

> Wotchutink?

> The Valley Vegan....................

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

>

> Win a Vespa NEW - Cars has 3 Vespa

> LX125s to be won Enter Now!

________

DSL – Something to write home about.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.

dsl.

I'm not keen on these foods either. Why don't they tell people about the healthier ways of getting what they need?

Jo

-

peter hurd

Friday, December 02, 2005 9:44 PM

Re: Re: Wotchutink?

I have always insisted that my veggie kids have organic milk, now with the advent of the "clever" milk with added omega 3 ( from fish? - I dunno) my other half has decided that it is better.

I have heard that organic grazed cows get less mastitis and therefore there are less puss parts per million in organic milk, which is my argument. Also I hate the idea of things being bastardised.

But the power of advertising , with the promise of brainier kids has swayed my nearest and dearest.

Wotchutink?

Peter H

At one time the biggest cause of type 1 diabetes was mumps.

Jo

-

linda

Friday, December 02, 2005 10:30 PM

Why do you think children need cow's milk? That is my question. Cow's milk is for baby cows, designed for their rapid growth and needs not for humans. Now if you want to find breast milk for your children go for it but it is unnecessary too after they eat foods. You don't need milk for calcium. So why are you doing the milk think? A lot of the rest of the world doesn't drink milk. Even from organic cows I think that it is totally unnecessary. Did you know that type one diabetes is being associated with babies and children drinking milk. Tis true...google it and you will see. And I am unclear as to how the omega 3 is in the milk...they are adding it....is it coming from GMO. Synthetic? Natural from what source. Doesn't matter much to me, but it sure might to you if you are giving it to your children. Wotchutink...tink ya don need it. yes, I have children, five to be precise.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

-

peter hurd

Wotchutink?

Peter H

You are missing the point and preachin to the choir. I dont think they need cows milk, but my better half who is a carnie does, and meeting me half way in bringing them up as veggies instead of carnies is the best I can do. Once they are old enough to make their own mind up andknow all the facts, I will support their decision either way. Until then.................... BACK TO THE QUESTION, WHAT ABOUT THIS MODIFIED MILK VS. ORGANIC? The Valley Vegan...............linda <lindai81 wrote: Why do you think children need cow's milk? That is my question. Cow's milk is for baby cows, designed for their rapid growth and needs not for humans. Now if you want to find breast

milk for your children go for it but it is unnecessary too after they eat foods. You don't need milk for calcium. So why are you doing the milk think? A lot of the rest of the world doesn't drink milk. Even from organic cows I think that it is totally unnecessary. Did you know that type one diabetes is being associated with babies and children drinking milk. Tis true...google it and you will see. And I am unclear as to how the omega 3 is in the milk...they are adding it....is it coming from GMO. Synthetic? Natural from what source. Doesn't matter much to me, but it sure might to you if you are giving it to your children. Wotchutink...tink ya don need it. yes, I have children, five to be precise. linda "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47 - peter hurd I have always insisted that my veggie kids have organic milk, now with the advent of the "clever" milk with added omega 3 ( from fish? - I dunno) my other half has decided that it is better. I have heard that organic grazed cows get less mastitis and therefore there are less puss parts per million in organic milk, which is my argument. Also I hate the idea of things being bastardised. But the power of advertising , with the promise of brainier kids has

swayed my nearest and dearest. Wotchutink? The Valley Vegan.................... Peter H Win a Vespa NEW - Cars has 3 Vespa LX125s to be won Enter Now! Peter H

Model Search - Could you be the next catwalk superstar? Check out the competition now

Now how would have I missed the point if you didn't explain your situation? How would I know that I am preaching to choir if you didn't include what you did below? I am new in here and not privy to your personal situation. Assuming that everyone knows your particular situation is not going to get the answers that you are seeking. How would I know that you are in partnership with a carnie and that you are asking a question to try to meet both of your needs? You asked your question in the first person...re-read what you wrote originally which is still attached below. You say YOU have always insisted that your children drink organic milk and that the discussion was over whether or not to use the Omega 3 altered milk. What you are now saying is that is a compromise with your mate. You didn't say that to begin with and how would I know? I responded to the question that you posed as you posed it. I was a bit surprised by the question since this is a vegan group, but now that you have explained your situation I understand where you are coming from. However, I again point out that it was most logical of me to respond to your question as I did because of the way you put it. It was not even slightly missing the point. Now ....you didn't answer my question as to whether or not this new milk is due to genetic modification of the cow or to the outside addition of the Omega 3 and if so what is the source...synthetic or natural and if natural, fish? It would seem that you could research this to find out the source. I have never heard of it so it might not be here in the states.

-

peter hurd

Saturday, December 03, 2005 10:12 AM

You are missing the point and preachin to the choir. I dont think they need cows milk, but my better half who is a carnie does, and meeting me half way in bringing them up as veggies instead of carnies is the best I can do. Once they are old enough to make their own mind up andknow all the facts, I will support their decision either way. Until then....................

BACK TO THE QUESTION, WHAT ABOUT THIS MODIFIED MILK VS. ORGANIC?

The Valley Vegan...............linda <lindai81 wrote:

linda

-

peter hurd

Wotchutink?

Peter H

Peter H

Model Search - Could you be the next catwalk superstar? Check out the competition now

I think you have done well to get that compromise Peter.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, December 03, 2005 6:12 PM

You are missing the point and preachin to the choir. I dont think they need cows milk, but my better half who is a carnie does, and meeting me half way in bringing them up as veggies instead of carnies is the best I can do. Once they are old enough to make their own mind up andknow all the facts, I will support their decision either way. Until then....................

BACK TO THE QUESTION, WHAT ABOUT THIS MODIFIED MILK VS. ORGANIC?

The Valley Vegan...............linda <lindai81 wrote:

linda

-

peter hurd

Wotchutink?

Peter H

Peter H

Touche, Linda! :-) It sure is pricey! Susan

--- linda <lindai81 wrote:

> Just use the damn flaxseed or oil! Over thinking is

> going to kill you. ROFL I do not care for the

> flaxseed oil or seed thing myself because I don't

> like the taste oil leaves in my mouth and the seeds

> are just too much trouble for me, but lots of people

> do it and feel it makes a difference in their lives.

> It sure isn't going to hurt you. We had a speaker

> here that wrote an entire book on it, he was funded

> by the company up in Bellingham, WA that makes a

> particular brand...can't remember what it was, but

> he tried to convince us that it cures and prevents

> everything. So I stupidly hopped right off and

> bought both and spent a wad. Six months later threw

> it all out. I am still learning to just keep it

> simple stupid..me that is...not you. None of us

> lives forever, the point is to try leave the world

> in maybe a bit better condition than it was or at

> least none the worse for our wear. And to try to do

> it joyfully and mindfully. Eating flaxseed oil was

> none of that for me. ROFL

> linda

> " Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is

> very important that you do it. "

> Mohandas Gandhi

>

> linda's Growing Stitchery Projects:

> womyn47

> -

> Susan

> Hmmm now that I think of it, if I'm using

> flax oil, then I'm working outside the wholistic

> view.

> I'll have to rethink that and maybe stick with

> ground

> flax seeds. Susan

>

Start your day with - Make it your home page!

http://www./r/hs

This sounds pretty disgusting . . .I once read the

ingredients on a brand of mollasses cookies and it

contained fish gel! Go figure?

--- peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

> I checked the ingredients today, it has omega 3 from

> fish oils ( yuk ) and milk solids?!?!?!? its milk

> for gods sak why put milk solids in milk?!?!?! am I

> being dull here , or have I missed something?

>

> The Valley Vegan...............

>

Start your day with - Make it your home page!

http://www./r/hs