IndiaDivine.org

Whatchuthink My night out

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Last night I went out with the South Wales Animal Protection guys to a vegan meal, and took along my carnie missus for moral support as I had never met these guys before. I told the wife that as they were allvegan, that they would prolly all be easy going and friendly. Wot a mistaka to maka. We were the last of the 16 to arrive and parked at the end of a long table. I asked who Paul was ( he who invited me) and introduced ourselves and parked our bums.All the men were down one end and our end had all the girls.My wife was sitting next to three "older" ladies, who wanted nothing to do with us. Next to me on my side was a young girl, who I started talking to and introduced us to her. She politely answered my questions then looked down her nose at us all night!, The food was delicious, although the service was terrible, discourtious and VERY slow!. I had for starters a pasta dish that was big enough to serve as a main, my wife had

fennel,celeriac and watercress soup with an orange creme fresh ( which we were assured was vegan. For main course I had a spicy pumpkin and red onion filo pie with side salad , chick peas and a tomato sauce thing, and my wife had the mushroom ragout with jeruselam artichoke mash an salad. Both came with aside dish of baby vegies roast with herbs. Lovely. Especially as we were swapping plates to share each meal. The dessert seemed to dissapear and it turned out they had made no arrangements to cater for us so offered us fruit salad! At that stage I decided enough was enough, and quit. The first meal me and me other half had been to without the kids for prolly 2 years, and it wasnt the night I thought it would be, and neither was the company. Worse still, what I thought was a vegetarian restaurant turned out to be a vegetarian and seafood restaurant,..............ys you guessed it, halfway through the main course the smeeliest fish dish was

brought out for someone in another party.............yuk! Ah well , put it down to experiance............. The Valley Vegan................ Peter H

Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from

ah well..sorry..thats sad

at least ya had good food....

could have been worse!!

animal protection, catered by...mcdonalds! peter hurd Dec 8, 2005 11:27 AM Re: Whatchuthink My night out

Last night I went out with the South Wales Animal Protection guys to a vegan meal, and took along my carnie missus for moral support as I had never met these guys before.

I told the wife that as they were allvegan, that they would prolly all be easy going and friendly.

Wot a mistaka to maka. We were the last of the 16 to arrive and parked at the end of a long table. I asked who Paul was ( he who invited me) and introduced ourselves and parked our bums.All the men were down one end and our end had all the girls.My wife was sitting next to three "older" ladies, who wanted nothing to do with us. Next to me on my side was a young girl, who I started talking to and introduced us to her. She politely answered my questions then looked down her nose at us all night!,

The food was delicious, although the service was terrible, discourtious and VERY slow!. I had for starters a pasta dish that was big enough to serve as a main, my wife had fennel,celeriac and watercress soup with an orange creme fresh ( which we were assured was vegan. For main course I had a spicy pumpkin and red onion filo pie with side salad , chick peas and a tomato sauce thing, and my wife had the mushroom ragout with jeruselam artichoke mash an salad. Both came with aside dish of baby vegies roast with herbs. Lovely. Especially as we were swapping plates to share each meal.

The dessert seemed to dissapear and it turned out they had made no arrangements to cater for us so offered us fruit salad! At that stage I decided enough was enough, and quit.

The first meal me and me other half had been to without the kids for prolly 2 years, and it wasnt the night I thought it would be, and neither was the company.

Worse still, what I thought was a vegetarian restaurant turned out to be a vegetarian and seafood restaurant,..............ys you guessed it, halfway through the main course the smeeliest fish dish was brought out for someone in another party.............yuk!

Ah well , put it down to experiance.............

The Valley Vegan................

Peter H

Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from To send an email to -

Why do you suppose y'all were looked down upon? Sounds like the food was good, but not much else was, eh?peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Last night I went out with the South Wales Animal Protection guys to a vegan meal, and took along my carnie missus for moral support as I had never met these guys before. I told the wife that as they were allvegan, that they would prolly all be easy going and friendly. Wot a mistaka to maka. We were the last of the 16 to arrive and parked at the end of a long table. I asked who Paul was ( he who invited me) and introduced ourselves and parked our bums.All the men were down one end and our end had all the girls.My wife was sitting next to three "older" ladies, who wanted nothing to do with us. Next to me on my side was a young girl, who I started

talking to and introduced us to her. She politely answered my questions then looked down her nose at us all night!, The food was delicious, although the service was terrible, discourtious and VERY slow!. I had for starters a pasta dish that was big enough to serve as a main, my wife had fennel,celeriac and watercress soup with an orange creme fresh ( which we were assured was vegan. For main course I had a spicy pumpkin and red onion filo pie with side salad , chick peas and a tomato sauce thing, and my wife had the mushroom ragout with jeruselam artichoke mash an salad. Both came with aside dish of baby vegies roast with herbs. Lovely. Especially as we were swapping plates to share each meal. The dessert seemed to dissapear and it turned out they had made no arrangements to cater for us so offered us fruit salad! At that stage I decided enough was enough, and quit. The first meal me and me other half had been to without the kids for

prolly 2 years, and it wasnt the night I thought it would be, and neither was the company. Worse still, what I thought was a vegetarian restaurant turned out to be a vegetarian and seafood restaurant,..............ys you guessed it, halfway through the main course the smeeliest fish dish was brought out for someone in another party.............yuk! Ah well , put it down to experiance............. The Valley Vegan................ Peter H Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from

Shopping Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Shopping

Didnt undestand it, maybe its because we were from the Valleys, and these guys were all city folk? don`t` understand it, I thought that anyone who was vegan would be more open minded and welcoming to a fellow vegan, hell I may be a bit rough around the edges, but you know where you are with me.............as Jim once said, people are strange. The Valley Vegan............... They seek us in the valley They'll seek us on the plain They own the milk and runny honey And they're not quite the same And we Live together under Fantasy Oak trees In the dark We make sparks So unique We're the mountain people Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote: Why do you suppose y'all were looked down upon? Sounds like the food was good,

but not much else was, eh?peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Last night I went out with the South Wales Animal Protection guys to a vegan meal, and took along my carnie missus for moral support as I had never met these guys before. I told the wife that as they were allvegan, that they would prolly all be easy going and friendly. Wot a mistaka to maka. We were the last of the 16 to arrive and parked at the end of a long table. I asked who Paul was ( he who invited me) and introduced ourselves and parked our bums.All the men were down one end and our end had all the girls.My wife was sitting next to three "older" ladies, who wanted nothing to do with us. Next to me on my side was a young girl, who I started talking to and introduced us to her. She politely answered my questions then looked down her nose at

us all night!, The food was delicious, although the service was terrible, discourtious and VERY slow!. I had for starters a pasta dish that was big enough to serve as a main, my wife had fennel,celeriac and watercress soup with an orange creme fresh ( which we were assured was vegan. For main course I had a spicy pumpkin and red onion filo pie with side salad , chick peas and a tomato sauce thing, and my wife had the mushroom ragout with jeruselam artichoke mash an salad. Both came with aside dish of baby vegies roast with herbs. Lovely. Especially as we were swapping plates to share each meal. The dessert seemed to dissapear and it turned out they had made no arrangements to cater for us so offered us fruit salad! At that stage I decided enough was enough, and quit. The first meal me and me other half had been to without the kids for prolly 2 years, and it wasnt the night I thought it would be, and neither was the company. Worse still, what I thought was a vegetarian restaurant turned out to be a vegetarian and seafood restaurant,..............ys you guessed it, halfway through the main course the smeeliest fish dish was brought out for someone in another party.............yuk! Ah well , put it down to experiance............. The Valley Vegan................ Peter H Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from ShoppingFind Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Shopping Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Hi Peter

The food sounds nice, shame about the company. We have had the same

in our ventures into group vegan dining! We went to the London

Vegans once and were totally ignored - one person said hello and then

turned to talk to other people and that was it. We travelled all the

way to London for a meal that was not good (the bread was mouldy) and

no chat of companionship from anyone else.

Jo

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>

> Last night I went out with the South Wales Animal Protection guys

to a vegan meal, and took along my carnie missus for moral support as

I had never met these guys before.

> I told the wife that as they were allvegan, that they would

prolly all be easy going and friendly.

> Wot a mistaka to maka. We were the last of the 16 to arrive and

parked at the end of a long table. I asked who Paul was ( he who

invited me) and introduced ourselves and parked our bums.All the men

were down one end and our end had all the girls.My wife was sitting

next to three " older " ladies, who wanted nothing to do with us. Next

to me on my side was a young girl, who I started talking to and

introduced us to her. She politely answered my questions then looked

down her nose at us all night!,

> The food was delicious, although the service was terrible,

discourtious and VERY slow!. I had for starters a pasta dish that was

big enough to serve as a main, my wife had fennel,celeriac and

watercress soup with an orange creme fresh ( which we were assured

was vegan. For main course I had a spicy pumpkin and red onion filo

pie with side salad , chick peas and a tomato sauce thing, and my

wife had the mushroom ragout with jeruselam artichoke mash an salad.

Both came with aside dish of baby vegies roast with herbs. Lovely.

Especially as we were swapping plates to share each meal.

> The dessert seemed to dissapear and it turned out they had made

no arrangements to cater for us so offered us fruit salad! At that

stage I decided enough was enough, and quit.

> The first meal me and me other half had been to without the kids

for prolly 2 years, and it wasnt the night I thought it would be, and

neither was the company.

> Worse still, what I thought was a vegetarian restaurant turned

out to be a vegetarian and seafood restaurant,..............ys you

guessed it, halfway through the main course the smeeliest fish dish

was brought out for someone in another party.............yuk!

> Ah well , put it down to experiance.............

>

> The Valley Vegan................

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

>

> Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from

>

Wierd isnt it , you think that these groups of compasionate people would be a bit more friendly and not treat fellow vegans as outsiders, I just don`t get it. Maybe next time, I go to one of these things ( if I do) I `ll invite you! The Valley Vegan...............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi PeterThe food sounds nice, shame about the company. We have had the same in our ventures into group vegan dining! We went to the London Vegans once and were totally ignored - one person said hello and then turned to talk to other people and that was it. We travelled all the way to London for a meal that was not good (the bread was mouldy) and no chat of companionship from anyone else. Jo , peter hurd

wrote:>> Last night I went out with the South Wales Animal Protection guys to a vegan meal, and took along my carnie missus for moral support as I had never met these guys before.> I told the wife that as they were allvegan, that they would prolly all be easy going and friendly.> Wot a mistaka to maka. We were the last of the 16 to arrive and parked at the end of a long table. I asked who Paul was ( he who invited me) and introduced ourselves and parked our bums.All the men were down one end and our end had all the girls.My wife was sitting next to three "older" ladies, who wanted nothing to do with us. Next to me on my side was a young girl, who I started talking to and introduced us to her. She politely answered my questions then looked down her nose at us all night!, > The food was delicious, although the service was terrible, discourtious and VERY slow!. I had for starters a pasta dish

that was big enough to serve as a main, my wife had fennel,celeriac and watercress soup with an orange creme fresh ( which we were assured was vegan. For main course I had a spicy pumpkin and red onion filo pie with side salad , chick peas and a tomato sauce thing, and my wife had the mushroom ragout with jeruselam artichoke mash an salad. Both came with aside dish of baby vegies roast with herbs. Lovely. Especially as we were swapping plates to share each meal. > The dessert seemed to dissapear and it turned out they had made no arrangements to cater for us so offered us fruit salad! At that stage I decided enough was enough, and quit.> The first meal me and me other half had been to without the kids for prolly 2 years, and it wasnt the night I thought it would be, and neither was the company.> Worse still, what I thought was a vegetarian restaurant turned out to be a vegetarian and seafood

restaurant,..............ys you guessed it, halfway through the main course the smeeliest fish dish was brought out for someone in another party.............yuk!> Ah well , put it down to experiance.............> > The Valley Vegan................> > > > Peter H > > > > > Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from >

Well that would be a good idea - we could chat amongst ourselves.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Friday, December 09, 2005 8:13 PM

Re: Re: Whatchuthink My night out

Wierd isnt it , you think that these groups of compasionate people would be a bit more friendly and not treat fellow vegans as outsiders, I just don`t get it. Maybe next time, I go to one of these things ( if I do) I `ll invite you!

The Valley Vegan...............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi PeterThe food sounds nice, shame about the company. We have had the same in our ventures into group vegan dining! We went to the London Vegans once and were totally ignored - one person said hello and then turned to talk to other people and that was it. We travelled all the way to London for a meal that was not good (the bread was mouldy) and no chat of companionship from anyone else. Jo , peter hurd wrote:>> Last night I went out with the South Wales Animal Protection guys to a vegan meal, and took along my carnie missus for moral support as I had never met these guys before.> I told the wife that as they were allvegan, that they would prolly all be easy going and friendly.> Wot a mistaka to maka. We were the last of the 16 to arrive and parked at the end of a long table. I asked who Paul was ( he who invited me) and introduced ourselves and parked our bums.All the men were down one end and our end had all the girls.My wife was sitting next to three "older" ladies, who wanted nothing to do with us. Next to me on my side was a young girl, who I started talking to and introduced us to her. She politely answered my questions then looked down her nose at us all night!, > The food was delicious, although the service was terrible, discourtious and VERY slow!. I had for starters a pasta dish that was big enough to serve as a main, my wife had fennel,celeriac and watercress soup with an orange creme fresh ( which we were assured was vegan. For main course I had a spicy pumpkin and red onion filo pie with side salad , chick peas and a tomato sauce thing, and my wife had the mushroom ragout with jeruselam artichoke mash an salad. Both came with aside dish of baby vegies roast with herbs. Lovely. Especially as we were swapping plates to share each meal. > The dessert seemed to dissapear and it turned out they had made no arrangements to cater for us so offered us fruit salad! At that stage I decided enough was enough, and quit.> The first meal me and me other half had been to without the kids for prolly 2 years, and it wasnt the night I thought it would be, and neither was the company.> Worse still, what I thought was a vegetarian restaurant turned out to be a vegetarian and seafood restaurant,..............ys you guessed it, halfway through the main course the smeeliest fish dish was brought out for someone in another party.............yuk!> Ah well , put it down to experiance.............> > The Valley Vegan................> > > > Peter H > > > > > Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from >