IndiaDivine.org

Ridiculous flavors ice-cream anyone?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ice cream maker goes cold turkey By Nick Parry BBC Wales news website Chef Brân Bucca said the turkey and stuffing was attracting

attentionGarlic mushroom, turkey and stuffing, Christmas pudding and brandy sauce. A bog standard menu likely to be dished up at thousands of Christmas parties you may think - but we are talking ice cream. Heavenly Ice Cream in Llandeilo opened earlier this year with the promise that, given 48 hours, it could create any flavour under the sun. Most are made to order but the turkey and stuffing has gone on general sale alongside the traditional flavours. Savoury ice creams are not new - the Fat Duck restaurant in Bray, Berkshire, started serving a crab and sardines on toast flavour several years ago while at Ice Cream City in Tokyo you could treat yourself to octopus and shrimp or vegetarian soybean. What has taken Heavenly's Tracey Kindred by surprise is the demand for the ice creams in west Wales. "We knew straight away that we wanted to have an enormous

range," she said. "From the day we opened we said any flavour ice cream you want we will make it within 48 hours. "It just went insane from there really - we were not expecting such a response." Television presenters Des O'Connor and Melanie Sykes recently asked for a batch flavoured to their favourite meals - bacon butties and lobster and chips. TURKEY TASTE TEST Despite the belt size I've never been a big dessert fan - and can't say I was looking forward to the turkey and stuffing. The taste of sage was a bit strong and it would take a keen palate to really taste the turkey. I think my brain had difficulty accepting the idea and I can't say it'll be on my menu come Christmas Day. The Christmas pudding flavour, however, was to die for.Nick Parry "Baked bean and Worcester Sauce is the worst to date - it tasted awful and had a baked bean ripple," said Tracey. "We've also made some great ones that have worked out a lot better than we thought - sun dried tomato and bacon was really good. "Garlic mushroom works quite well as does blue cheeses." Tracey said there was no secret behind what they did. "It really is simple - you actually do use the ingredients that are stated on the label," she added. "If it's turkey and stuffing it means there is turkey and stuffing in it with the base mix. "That is Welsh organic cream, milk,

sugar, milk powder and some natural emulsifiers we use just to give it the consistency - nothing nasty, no chemicals or e-numbers. "The way we've made the turkey and stuffing is as a blended ice cream so you don't get the chewy bits in it." The man responsible for producing the finished product is ice cream chef Brân Bucca. "The turkey and stuffing is getting a lot of attention," he said. "It's mainly men who have tried it and they seem to like it a bit more than the women. "I think it would be more of a starter - ideal for somewhere if they did it with slightly toasted bread and possibly some sun dried tomato." The Valley Vegan.............Peter H

Cars NEW - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars online search now

http://www.maggiemudd.com/index.asp-----Original Message----- peter hurd Dec 8, 2005 1:20 PM Re: Ridiculous flavors ice-cream anyone?

Ice cream maker goes cold turkey

By Nick Parry BBC Wales news website

Chef Brân Bucca said the turkey and stuffing was attracting attentionGarlic mushroom, turkey and stuffing, Christmas pudding and brandy sauce. A bog standard menu likely to be dished up at thousands of Christmas parties you may think - but we are talking ice cream. Heavenly Ice Cream in Llandeilo opened earlier this year with the promise that, given 48 hours, it could create any flavour under the sun. Most are made to order but the turkey and stuffing has gone on general sale alongside the traditional flavours.

Savoury ice creams are not new - the Fat Duck restaurant in Bray, Berkshire, started serving a crab and sardines on toast flavour several years ago while at Ice Cream City in Tokyo you could treat yourself to octopus and shrimp or vegetarian soybean. What has taken Heavenly's Tracey Kindred by surprise is the demand for the ice creams in west Wales. "We knew straight away that we wanted to have an enormous range," she said. "From the day we opened we said any flavour ice cream you want we will make it within 48 hours. "It just went insane from there really - we were not expecting such a response." Television presenters Des O'Connor and Melanie Sykes recently asked for a batch flavoured to their favourite meals - bacon butties and lobster and chips.

TURKEY TASTE TEST

Despite the belt size I've never been a big dessert fan - and can't say I was looking forward to the turkey and stuffing. The taste of sage was a bit strong and it would take a keen palate to really taste the turkey. I think my brain had difficulty accepting the idea and I can't say it'll be on my menu come Christmas Day. The Christmas pudding flavour, however, was to die for.Nick Parry

"Baked bean and Worcester Sauce is the worst to date - it tasted awful and had a baked bean ripple," said Tracey. "We've also made some great ones that have worked out a lot better than we thought - sun dried tomato and bacon was really good. "Garlic mushroom works quite well as does blue cheeses." Tracey said there was no secret behind what they did. "It really is simple - you actually do use the ingredients that are stated on the label," she added. "If it's turkey and stuffing it means there is turkey and stuffing in it with the base mix. "That is Welsh organic cream, milk, sugar, milk powder and some natural emulsifiers we use just to give it the consistency - nothing nasty, no chemicals or e-numbers. "The way we've made the turkey and stuffing is as a blended ice cream so you don't get the chewy bits in it." The man responsible for producing the finished product is ice cream chef Brân Bucca. "The turkey and stuffing is getting a lot of attention," he said. "It's mainly men who have tried it and they seem to like it a bit more than the women. "I think it would be more of a starter - ideal for somewhere if they did it with slightly toasted bread and possibly some sun dried tomato." The Valley Vegan.............

Peter H

Cars NEW - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars online search now

To send an email to -

Yuk - doesn't appeal.

Jo

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>

>

> Ice cream maker goes cold turkey

>

> By Nick Parry

> BBC Wales news website

>

>

> Chef Brân Bucca said the turkey and stuffing was

attracting attention

>

> Garlic mushroom, turkey and stuffing, Christmas pudding and brandy

sauce. A bog standard menu likely to be dished up at thousands of

Christmas parties you may think - but we are talking ice cream.

Heavenly Ice Cream in Llandeilo opened earlier this year with the

promise that, given 48 hours, it could create any flavour under the

sun. Most are made to order but the turkey and stuffing has gone on

general sale alongside the traditional flavours. Savoury ice creams

are not new - the Fat Duck restaurant in Bray, Berkshire, started

serving a crab and sardines on toast flavour several years ago while

at Ice Cream City in Tokyo you could treat yourself to octopus and

shrimp or vegetarian soybean. What has taken Heavenly's Tracey

Kindred by surprise is the demand for the ice creams in west

Wales. " We knew straight away that we wanted to have an enormous

range, " she said. " From the day we opened we said any flavour ice

cream you want we will make it within 48 hours. " It just

> went insane from there really - we were not expecting such a

response. " Television presenters Des O'Connor and Melanie Sykes

recently asked for a batch flavoured to their favourite meals - bacon

butties and lobster and chips. TURKEY TASTE TEST

>

> Despite the belt size I've never been a big dessert fan - and

can't say I was looking forward to the turkey and stuffing. The

taste of sage was a bit strong and it would take a keen palate to

really taste the turkey. I think my brain had difficulty accepting

the idea and I can't say it'll be on my menu come Christmas Day.

The Christmas pudding flavour, however, was to die for.

> Nick Parry

>

>

> " Baked bean and Worcester Sauce is the worst to date - it tasted

awful and had a baked bean ripple, " said Tracey. " We've also made

some great ones that have worked out a lot better than we thought -

sun dried tomato and bacon was really good. " Garlic mushroom works

quite well as does blue cheeses. " Tracey said there was no secret

behind what they did. " It really is simple - you actually do use

the ingredients that are stated on the label, " she added. " If it's

turkey and stuffing it means there is turkey and stuffing in it with

the base mix. " That is Welsh organic cream, milk, sugar, milk

powder and some natural emulsifiers we use just to give it the

consistency - nothing nasty, no chemicals or e-numbers. " The way

we've made the turkey and stuffing is as a blended ice cream so you

don't get the chewy bits in it. " The man responsible for producing

the finished product is ice cream chef Brân Bucca. " The turkey and

stuffing is getting a lot of attention, " he said.

> " It's mainly men who have tried it and they seem to like it a bit

more than the women. " I think it would be more of a starter - ideal

for somewhere if they did it with slightly toasted bread and possibly

some sun dried tomato. "

>

> The Valley Vegan.............

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

>

> Cars NEW - sell your car and browse thousands of new and

used cars online search now

>

>

Again all over San Francisco.... lucky Frag!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: http://www.maggiemudd.com/index.asp-----Original Message----- peter hurd Dec 8, 2005 1:20 PM Re: Ridiculous flavors ice-cream anyone? Ice cream maker goes cold turkey By Nick Parry BBC Wales news website Chef Brân Bucca said the turkey and stuffing was attracting attentionGarlic mushroom, turkey and stuffing, Christmas pudding and brandy sauce. A bog standard menu likely to be dished up at thousands of Christmas parties you may think - but we are talking ice cream. Heavenly Ice Cream in Llandeilo opened earlier this year with the promise that,

given 48 hours, it could create any flavour under the sun. Most are made to order but the turkey and stuffing has gone on general sale alongside the traditional flavours. Savoury ice creams are not new - the Fat Duck restaurant in Bray, Berkshire, started serving a crab and sardines on toast flavour several years ago while at Ice Cream City in Tokyo you could treat yourself to octopus and shrimp or vegetarian soybean. What has taken Heavenly's Tracey Kindred by surprise is the demand for the ice creams in west Wales. "We knew straight away that we wanted to have an enormous range," she said. "From the day we opened we said any flavour ice cream you want we will make it within 48 hours. "It just went insane from there really - we were not expecting such a response." Television presenters Des O'Connor and Melanie Sykes recently asked for a batch flavoured to their favourite meals - bacon butties and lobster and chips. TURKEY TASTE TEST Despite the belt size I've never been a big dessert fan - and can't say I was looking forward to the turkey and stuffing. The taste of sage was a bit strong and it would take a keen palate to really taste the turkey. I think my brain had difficulty accepting the idea and I can't say it'll be on my menu come Christmas Day. The Christmas pudding flavour, however, was to die for.Nick Parry "Baked bean and Worcester Sauce is the worst to date - it tasted awful and had a baked bean ripple," said Tracey. "We've also made some great ones that have worked out a lot better than we thought - sun dried tomato and bacon was really good. "Garlic mushroom works quite well as does blue cheeses." Tracey said there was no secret behind what they did. "It really is simple - you actually do use the ingredients that are stated on the label," she added. "If it's turkey and stuffing it means there is turkey and stuffing in it with the base mix. "That is Welsh organic cream, milk, sugar, milk powder and some natural emulsifiers we use just to give it the consistency - nothing nasty, no chemicals or e-numbers. "The way we've made the turkey and stuffing is as a blended ice cream so you don't get the chewy bits in it." The man responsible for producing the finished product is ice cream chef Brân Bucca. "The turkey

and stuffing is getting a lot of attention," he said. "It's mainly men who have tried it and they seem to like it a bit more than the women. "I think it would be more of a starter - ideal for somewhere if they did it with slightly toasted bread and possibly some sun dried tomato." The Valley Vegan............. Peter H Cars NEW - sell your car and browse

thousands of new and used cars online search now To send an email to -