IndiaDivine.org

China

Rate this topic

Guest guest

China is awakening and it is going to be a big one. It owns us and could undo us in an instant if it so chose. It is also considered to be a very big contended for the top world power in a few years. All they have to do is wait for us to cannibalize ourselves. Russia...well, it is topsy turvy and a tad bit backwards and I don't think they are a big worry actually, but never underestimate the underdog. Kind of like Japan's reaction once they bombed us at Pearl Harbor and the giant...Hiroshima was payback. Of course they bombed the military, not the civilians, and we took aim at only civilians...to teach them a lesson. Wonder where our comeuppance will come from?

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

peter hurd

Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:56 AM

Re: Tens of Thousands in 30 Cities Protest Global Warming

What will happen when countries like China, and Russia wake up? WW III?

The Valley Vegan..............Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Linda

> Well, we will invade whatever country is obstructing our wishes and needs. However, I think the world

> is sitting up and saying no more to what amounts to imperialism. The Independent media is also of

> great help.

Unfortunately, it so far only seems to be the "ordinary" people who are waking up to imperialistic views of US / UK... the governments are still ignoring them, and while we have the fiascos of electoral systems in place, that isn't likely to change. I agree about the independent media... Indymedia in the UK is great... I believe my photo was even on their website in some of the G8 protest pics :-)

BB

Peter

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

Hi Linda

> Kind of like Japan's reaction once they bombed us at Pearl Harbor and the giant...Hiroshima was

> payback. Of course they bombed the military, not the civilians, and we took aim at only civilians...to

> teach them a lesson. Wonder where our comeuppance will come from?

Well, strictly speaking, Pearl Harbour was payback for the American military involvement on the Chinese side of their war with Japan.... America were already at war with Japan before Pearl Harbour, they were just pretending not to be.

BB

Peter

About Japan and the giant...I was referring to the movie where the Japanese commander of a ship after the bombing said (in the movie) that they had awakened a sleeping giant. (the U.S.) Yes, I know that we were supporting the war against Japan while saying we weren't and were running ships with war goods to the allies which royally pissed Japan off.

Just goes to show you what goes around comes around over and over and over. Like trying to find the beginning of something results in nada. But as human beings we never seem to be able to put the past behind us and start over and discover that there is no path to peace, peace is the path. But my point was that while Japan bombed the military, we blew up the babies, children, men, women, old people who were victims of the world's craziness and politics and did so deliberately. And the canard that we did so to save lives world wide and particularly American lives was just that, a canard.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

Peter

Friday, December 09, 2005 10:36 AM

Re: China

Hi Linda

> Kind of like Japan's reaction once they bombed us at Pearl Harbor and the giant...Hiroshima was

> payback. Of course they bombed the military, not the civilians, and we took aim at only civilians...to

Well, strictly speaking, Pearl Harbour was payback for the American military involvement on the Chinese side of their war with Japan.... America were already at war with Japan before Pearl Harbour, they were just pretending not to be.

BB

Peter

...... and Hiroshima was too much of a payback for any misdemeanour.

Jo

-

Peter

Friday, December 09, 2005 6:36 PM

Re: China

Hi Linda

BB

Peter