IndiaDivine.org

Animal Products as gifts Dining out-rant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Around novemeber my mom in law will ask us all for wish list and I make sure to write on mine no animal products then I list then(cause she has no clue),my family just gives us all checks(what I prefer for my tattoo fund)We have tooo much stuff in our house all I would like is a check forget the gifts(no room)earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: That's awesome Sandi!I wish I had the same luck. DH's Mom, a wonderful woman, who is very supportive of me and my being Vegan shocked me last year. She is very spiritual, a healer, knows alot about toxins in foods, etc and probably the closest friend I have to being Vegan without being Vegan. And then for X-Mas last year she gave me a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates. LOL I about fell over. Now, these were my fav chocolates when I wasn't Vegan,

so it was nice of her to remember that. I'm just not sure how she thought I would eat them.A couple years ago when we were still talking with DH's Dad, he and his wife gave me a leather wallet as a gift. I was absolutely astounded. Now they have never supported my Veganism, but this was a little too much. I basically explained why I could not (would not) keep it and thanked them anyways. I said "I know it is the thought that counts and I appreciate it." But then after I thought, well they couldn't have been thinking too hard about me to select that item.At least my closest friends and family do not do this. And if they did by mistake, I would smile, thank them and then give it to another who could use it.Nikki :) , "Sandi" <sandisweeti13132001> wrote:>> ---I haven't tossed anything out in like 6yrs. now people know > better to waste their money

on an animal product for me.> > > > > In , "earthstrm" <earthstorm@c...> wrote:> >> > Hi Sandi,> > > > Please don't toss it! The landfills are full enough!> > > > Return it, recycle it, freecycle it, donate or give it away! > Someone > > can and will use it. It is unfortunate an animal had to die to > make > > it, but now that it is done, at least keep it out of the > garbage. :)> > > > Nikki

Shopping Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Shopping

I went into Lush last year and asked them to compile a gift box for me of items I chose as MOST of their range is NOT vegan , but is vegetarian. So be warned ( lots have milk/honey etc......) The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi NikkiYou would expect family to remember what to buy, and close friends.I am in the Secret Santa group this year and hope that nobody buys me anything containing animal. Last year i received Lush toiletries, which was good as they were vegan.BBJo , "earthstrm" wrote:>> That's awesome Sandi!> > I wish I had the same luck. DH's Mom, a wonderful woman, who is very > supportive of me and my being Vegan shocked me last

year. She is > very spiritual, a healer, knows alot about toxins in foods, etc and > probably the closest friend I have to being Vegan without being > Vegan. And then for X-Mas last year she gave me a box of Ferrero > Rocher chocolates. LOL I about fell over. Now, these were my fav > chocolates when I wasn't Vegan, so it was nice of her to remember > that. I'm just not sure how she thought I would eat them.> > A couple years ago when we were still talking with DH's Dad, he and > his wife gave me a leather wallet as a gift. I was absolutely > astounded. Now they have never supported my Veganism, but this was a > little too much. I basically explained why I could not (would not) > keep it and thanked them anyways. I said "I know it is the thought > that counts and I appreciate it." But then after I thought, well > they couldn't have been thinking too hard about me to select that

> item.> > At least my closest friends and family do not do this. And if they > did by mistake, I would smile, thank them and then give it to > another who could use it.> > Nikki :)> > , "Sandi" > wrote:> >> > ---I haven't tossed anything out in like 6yrs. now people know > > better to waste their money on an animal product for me.> > > > > > > > > > In , "earthstrm" wrote:> > >> > > Hi Sandi,> > > > > > Please don't toss it! The landfills are full enough!> > > > > > Return it, recycle it, freecycle it, donate or give it away! > > Someone > > > can and will use it. It is unfortunate an animal had to die to > > make

> > > it, but now that it is done, at least keep it out of the > > garbage. :)> > > > > > Nikki>

They do vegan present packages. The ones with honey etc. state it clearly on the packages.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Thursday, December 08, 2005 8:35 PM

Re: Animal Products as gifts Re: Dining out-rant

I went into Lush last year and asked them to compile a gift box for me of items I chose as MOST of their range is NOT vegan , but is vegetarian. So be warned ( lots have milk/honey etc......)

The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi NikkiYou would expect family to remember what to buy, and close friends.I am in the Secret Santa group this year and hope that nobody buys me anything containing animal. Last year i received Lush toiletries, which was good as they were vegan.BBJo , "earthstrm" wrote:>> That's awesome Sandi!> > I wish I had the same luck. DH's Mom, a wonderful woman, who is very > supportive of me and my being Vegan shocked me last year. She is > very spiritual, a healer, knows alot about toxins in foods, etc and > probably the closest friend I have to being Vegan without being > Vegan. And then for X-Mas last year she gave me a box of Ferrero > Rocher chocolates. LOL I about fell over. Now, these were my fav > chocolates when I wasn't Vegan, so it was nice of her to remember > that. I'm just not sure how she thought I would eat them.> > A couple years ago when we were still talking with DH's Dad, he and > his wife gave me a leather wallet as a gift. I was absolutely > astounded. Now they have never supported my Veganism, but this was a > little too much. I basically explained why I could not (would not) > keep it and thanked them anyways. I said "I know it is the thought > that counts and I appreciate it." But then after I thought, well > they couldn't have been thinking too hard about me to select that > item.> > At least my closest friends and family do not do this. And if they > did by mistake, I would smile, thank them and then give it to > another who could use it.> > Nikki :)> > , "Sandi" > wrote:> >> > ---I haven't tossed anything out in like 6yrs. now people know > > better to waste their money on an animal product for me.> > > > > > > > > > In , "earthstrm" wrote:> > >> > > Hi Sandi,> > > > > > Please don't toss it! The landfills are full enough!> > > > > > Return it, recycle it, freecycle it, donate or give it away! > > Someone > > > can and will use it. It is unfortunate an animal had to die to > > make > > > it, but now that it is done, at least keep it out of the > > garbage. :)> > > > > > Nikki>

Oh well ... at least she didn't do it on purpose - mistakes are more

understandable.

Jo

, " Christa " <darkstar1680>

wrote:

>

> Oh my, all this reminds me of when my mother gave me a RABBIT FUR

> scarf! I couldn't believe it, what was she thinking?? She was

> shocked, too - said " well it was so cheap, I figured it was fake! "

> Haha. It was so cheap because it was on clearance, so she couldn't

> take it back - I think she gave it to one of my nieces instead.

>

> I thought it was all some bad joke... Thankfully most people just

buy

> me gift certificates, books, etc!

>

> Christa

>

> , " earthstrm " <earthstorm@c...>

> wrote:

> >

> > That's awesome Sandi!

> >

> > I wish I had the same luck. DH's Mom, a wonderful woman, who is

> very

> > supportive of me and my being Vegan shocked me last year. She is

> > very spiritual, a healer, knows alot about toxins in foods, etc

and

> > probably the closest friend I have to being Vegan without being

> > Vegan. And then for X-Mas last year she gave me a box of Ferrero

> > Rocher chocolates. LOL I about fell over. Now, these were my fav

> > chocolates when I wasn't Vegan, so it was nice of her to remember

> > that. I'm just not sure how she thought I would eat them.

> >

> > A couple years ago when we were still talking with DH's Dad, he

and

> > his wife gave me a leather wallet as a gift. I was absolutely

> > astounded. Now they have never supported my Veganism, but this

was

> a

> > little too much. I basically explained why I could not (would

not)

> > keep it and thanked them anyways. I said " I know it is the

thought

> > that counts and I appreciate it. " But then after I thought, well

> > they couldn't have been thinking too hard about me to select that

> > item.

> >

> > At least my closest friends and family do not do this. And if

they

> > did by mistake, I would smile, thank them and then give it to

> > another who could use it.

> >

> > Nikki :)

> >

> > , " Sandi "

> > <sandisweeti13132001> wrote:

> > >

> > > ---I haven't tossed anything out in like 6yrs. now people know

> > > better to waste their money on an animal product for me.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > In , " earthstrm " <earthstorm@c...>

> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Hi Sandi,

> > > >

> > > > Please don't toss it! The landfills are full enough!

> > > >

> > > > Return it, recycle it, freecycle it, donate or give it away!

> > > Someone

> > > > can and will use it. It is unfortunate an animal had to die

to

> > > make

> > > > it, but now that it is done, at least keep it out of the

> > > garbage. :)

> > > >

> > > > Nikki

> >

>