East Village site next year.

" I guess money talks. That's the name of the game, "

said Hilly Kristal, who opened the dank punk mecca in

1973. " We tried our best. "

CBGB, which gave bands like the RAMONES and TALKING

HEADS a start, will leave its home on the Bowery next

Halloween.

Kristal is hoping to move the club to a new spot on

the lower East Side and has looked at several spaces.

But he also is considering opening a namesake joint in

Las Vegas and is negotiating with deep-pocketed

partners.

" I'm trying to stay in New York, but New York is

expensive, " Kristal said.

The Bowery Residents' Committee, a nonprofit

homeless-support group, owns the building housing CBGB

and has long maintained that Kristal was paying far

too little rent.

" [We] can now concentrate on helping the needy and

homeless of New York City " said Executive Director

Muzzy Rosenblatt.

Being a pacifist between wars is as easy as being a vegetarian

between meals. " --Ammon Hennacy

Sad, but hey everyone sells out at some time.It will just open up somewhere else sponsored by god knows what evil............. The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: The New York Daily News is reporting that after a longand nasty rent fight, the owner of the legendary rockclub CBGB agreed yesterday to move out of its grungyEast Village site next year."I guess money talks. That's the name of the game,"said Hilly Kristal, who opened the dank punk mecca in1973. "We tried our best."CBGB, which gave bands like the RAMONES and TALKINGHEADS a start, will leave its home on the Bowery nextHalloween.Kristal is hoping to move the club to a new spot onthe lower East Side and has looked at several spaces.But he also is

considering opening a namesake joint inLas Vegas and is negotiating with deep-pocketedpartners."I'm trying to stay in New York, but New York isexpensive," Kristal said.The Bowery Residents' Committee, a nonprofithomeless-support group, owns the building housing CBGBand has long maintained that Kristal was paying fartoo little rent."[We] can now concentrate on helping the needy andhomeless of New York City" said Executive DirectorMuzzy Rosenblatt. Being a pacifist between wars is as easy as being a vegetarian between meals." --Ammon Hennacy

i bloody well hope not

openin in vegas would be beyond disgustin peter hurd Dec 9, 2005 12:24 PM Re: bye CBGB's

Sad, but hey everyone sells out at some time.It will just open up somewhere else sponsored by god knows what evil.............

The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

The New York Daily News is reporting that after a longand nasty rent fight, the owner of the legendary rockclub CBGB agreed yesterday to move out of its grungyEast Village site next year."I guess money talks. That's the name of the game,"said Hilly Kristal, who opened the dank punk mecca in1973. "We tried our best."CBGB, which gave bands like the RAMONES and TALKINGHEADS a start, will leave its home on the Bowery nextHalloween.Kristal is hoping to move the club to a new spot onthe lower East Side and has looked at several spaces.But he also is considering opening a namesake joint inLas Vegas and is negotiating with deep-pocketedpartners."I'm trying to stay in New York, but New York isexpensive," Kristal said.The Bowery Residents' Committee, a nonprofithomeless-support group, owns the building housing CBGBand has long maintained that Kristal was paying fartoo little rent."[We] can now concentrate on helping the needy andhomeless of New York City" said Executive DirectorMuzzy Rosenblatt. Being a pacifist between wars is as easy as being a vegetarian between meals." --Ammon Hennacy

Dont be naive, your a big boy now, you know the score. Money talks , bullshit walks. The Valley Vegan............... One day while sitting in my roomYou came in preachingYour words predicting doomYou've never once beenHappy with me,Because I'm notWhat you want me to be..No!!!You tried to teach meTo pray and go to schoolYou tried to teach meTo be the system's toolBut you missedWhat I was smart enough to seeThat their system doesn't workFor you or mefraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i bloody well hope not openin in vegas would be beyond disgustin peter hurd Dec 9, 2005 12:24 PM To:

Re: bye CBGB's Sad, but hey everyone sells out at some time.It will just open up somewhere else sponsored by god knows what evil............. The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: The New York Daily News is reporting that after a longand nasty rent fight, the owner of the legendary rockclub CBGB agreed yesterday to move out of its grungyEast Village site next year."I guess money talks. That's the name of the game,"said Hilly Kristal, who opened the dank punk mecca in1973. "We tried our best."CBGB, which gave bands like the RAMONES and TALKINGHEADS a start, will leave its home on the Bowery nextHalloween.Kristal is hoping to move the club to

a new spot onthe lower East Side and has looked at several spaces.But he also is considering opening a namesake joint inLas Vegas and is negotiating with deep-pocketedpartners."I'm trying to stay in New York, but New York isexpensive," Kristal said.The Bowery Residents' Committee, a nonprofithomeless-support group, owns the building housing CBGBand has long maintained that Kristal was paying fartoo little rent."[We] can now concentrate on helping the needy andhomeless of New York City" said Executive DirectorMuzzy Rosenblatt. Being a pacifist between wars is as easy as being a vegetarian between meals." --Ammon Hennacy

one could always hope peter hurd Dec 9, 2005 1:02 PM Re: bye CBGB's

Dont be naive, your a big boy now, you know the score. Money talks , bullshit walks.

The Valley Vegan...............

One day while sitting in my roomYou came in preachingYour words predicting doomYou've never once beenHappy with me,Because I'm notWhat you want me to be..No!!!You tried to teach meTo pray and go to schoolYou tried to teach meTo be the system's toolBut you missedWhat I was smart enough to seeThat their system doesn't workFor you or mefraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i bloody well hope not

openin in vegas would be beyond disgustin peter hurd Dec 9, 2005 12:24 PM Re: bye CBGB's

Sad, but hey everyone sells out at some time.It will just open up somewhere else sponsored by god knows what evil.............

The New York Daily News is reporting that after a longand nasty rent fight, the owner of the legendary rockclub CBGB agreed yesterday to move out of its grungyEast Village site next year."I guess money talks. That's the name of the game,"said Hilly Kristal, who opened the dank punk mecca in1973. "We tried our best."CBGB, which gave bands like the RAMONES and TALKINGHEADS a start, will leave its home on the Bowery nextHalloween.Kristal is hoping to move the club to a new spot onthe lower East Side and has looked at several spaces.But he also is considering opening a namesake joint inLas Vegas and is negotiating with deep-pocketedpartners."I'm trying to stay in New York, but New York isexpensive," Kristal said.The Bowery Residents' Committee, a nonprofithomeless-support group, owns the building housing CBGBand has long maintained that Kristal was paying fartoo little rent."[We] can now concentrate on helping the needy andhomeless of New York City" said Executive DirectorMuzzy Rosenblatt. Being a pacifist between wars is as easy as being a vegetarian between meals." --Ammon Hennacy

I've never seen that happen .....

>bullshit walks.

The Valley Vegan...............

One day while sitting in my roomYou came in preachingYour words predicting doomYou've never once beenHappy with me,Because I'm notWhat you want me to be..No!!!You tried to teach meTo pray and go to schoolYou tried to teach meTo be the system's toolBut you missedWhat I was smart enough to seeThat their system doesn't workFor you or mefraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i bloody well hope not