IndiaDivine.org

Wine or milk?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was just reading an article about what happens to the cookies and

milk left out for Santa if he is lactose intolerant (yes I know it's

stupid).

Since when was milk the traditional drink to set out for Santa Claus?

It was always a glass of wine here.

Jo

That's the tradition here in US for as long as I have known. I like the wine idea better as I don't drink milk. Maybe we should leave out both, since I drink wine and DH doesn't and DH drinks milk and I don't? All my kids are old enuf to know that if they openly say they don't believe in Santa, he doesn't exist and so therefore no Santa rituals. Even my 20 yo still follows the plan! :) My 12 yo son got upset the other day that I had a gift from Santa out way too early!heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: I was just reading an article about what happens to the cookies and milk left out for Santa if he is lactose intolerant (yes I know it's stupid).Since when was milk the traditional drink to set out for Santa Claus? It was always a glass of wine

here.Jo

Shopping Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Shopping

We always ( me under duress ) leave a carrot and a glass of sherry for Santa and Rudolf. Luckily my oldest (11) now plays along with it for the sake of our youngest . Probably be the last year though, thankfully as I have to eat half the carrot and drink the sherry before morning...yuk.sherry! The Valley Vegan..................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: I was just reading an article about what happens to the cookies and milk left out for Santa if he is lactose intolerant (yes I know it's stupid).Since when was milk the traditional drink to set out for Santa Claus? It was always a glass of wine here.Jo

always been milk and cookies here..

and a carrot fer the reindeer peter hurd Dec 12, 2005 2:43 PM Re: Wine or milk?

We always ( me under duress ) leave a carrot and a glass of sherry for Santa and Rudolf. Luckily my oldest (11) now plays along with it for the sake of our youngest . Probably be the last year though, thankfully as I have to eat half the carrot and drink the sherry before morning...yuk.sherry!

The Valley Vegan..................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

I was just reading an article about what happens to the cookies and milk left out for Santa if he is lactose intolerant (yes I know it's stupid).Since when was milk the traditional drink to set out for Santa Claus? It was always a glass of wine here.Jo

My dad must have prefered wine to milk :-)

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Monday, December 12, 2005 6:54 PM

Re: Wine or milk?

That's the tradition here in US for as long as I have known. I like the wine idea better as I don't drink milk. Maybe we should leave out both, since I drink wine and DH doesn't and DH drinks milk and I don't? All my kids are old enuf to know that if they openly say they don't believe in Santa, he doesn't exist and so therefore no Santa rituals. Even my 20 yo still follows the plan! :) My 12 yo son got upset the other day that I had a gift from Santa out way too early!heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: I was just reading an article about what happens to the cookies and milk left out for Santa if he is lactose intolerant (yes I know it's stupid).Since when was milk the traditional drink to set out for Santa Claus? It was always a glass of wine here.Jo

ShoppingFind Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Shopping

Why did you start it being sherry, if you don't like it?

Jo

-

peter hurd

Monday, December 12, 2005 7:43 PM

We always ( me under duress ) leave a carrot and a glass of sherry for Santa and Rudolf. Luckily my oldest (11) now plays along with it for the sake of our youngest . Probably be the last year though, thankfully as I have to eat half the carrot and drink the sherry before morning...yuk.sherry!

The Valley Vegan..................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

I was just reading an article about what happens to the cookies and milk left out for Santa if he is lactose intolerant (yes I know it's stupid).Since when was milk the traditional drink to set out for Santa Claus? It was always a glass of wine here.Jo

wait..the reindeer stay on the roof...

yer just teasin em!

earthstrm <earthstorm

Dec 13, 2005 5:20 AM

Same here - but we scatter oats on the front lawn for the reindeer

Nikki

always been milk and cookies here..

and a carrot fer the reindeer

To send an email to -

Tradition, thats what my wife always did, so being the boss I went along with it. The Valley Vegan...........jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Why did you start it being sherry, if you don't like it? Jo - peter hurd Monday, December 12, 2005 7:43 PM Re: Wine or milk? We always ( me under duress ) leave a carrot and a glass of sherry for Santa and Rudolf. Luckily my oldest (11) now plays along with it for the sake of our youngest . Probably be the last year though, thankfully as I have to eat half the carrot and drink the sherry before morning...yuk.sherry! The Valley Vegan..................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: I was just reading an article about what happens to the cookies and milk left out for Santa if he is lactose intolerant (yes I know it's

stupid).Since when was milk the traditional drink to set out for Santa Claus? It was always a glass of wine here.Jo

So are you with a carrot in the house!

Anyways, Santa uses his magic to float the oats to the roof for them.

Geez, don't ya know that?!

Nikki :)

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

>

> wait..the reindeer stay on the roof...

> yer just teasin em!

>

>

> earthstrm <earthstorm@c...>

> Dec 13, 2005 5:20 AM

>

> Re: Wine or milk?

>

> Same here - but we scatter oats on the front lawn for the reindeer

>

> Nikki

The carrot and the drink are gifts, so they would be inside. Santa takes the carrot out with him as he leaves for Rudolf, donald, mickey, scruffy, and bootnose,,,,,,,,,dont you know anyting? The valley Vegan.................earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: So are you with a carrot in the house!Anyways, Santa uses his magic to float the oats to the roof for them. Geez, don't ya know that?!Nikki :) , fraggle wrote:>> wait..the reindeer stay on the roof...> yer just teasin em!> > > earthstrm > Dec 13, 2005 5:20 AM> > Re: Wine or milk?> > Same here - but

we scatter oats on the front lawn for the reindeer> > Nikki

wot do you tell yer hubby when the oats are still on the lawn the next morning?

earthstrm <earthstorm

Dec 13, 2005 11:56 AM

So are you with a carrot in the house!

Anyways, Santa uses his magic to float the oats to the roof for them.

Geez, don't ya know that?!

>

> wait..the reindeer stay on the roof...

> yer just teasin em!

>

>

> earthstrm <earthstorm@c...>

> Dec 13, 2005 5:20 AM

>

> Re: Wine or milk?

>

> Same here - but we scatter oats on the front lawn for the reindeer

>

> Nikki

To send an email to -

yeah..wot he said....

tho, i guess it was mean we only left one carrot.. peter hurd Dec 13, 2005 12:45 PM Re: Re: Wine or milk?

The carrot and the drink are gifts, so they would be inside. Santa takes the carrot out with him as he leaves for Rudolf, donald, mickey, scruffy, and bootnose,,,,,,,,,dont you know anyting?

The valley Vegan.................earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:

So are you with a carrot in the house!Anyways, Santa uses his magic to float the oats to the roof for them. Geez, don't ya know that?!Nikki :) , fraggle wrote:>> wait..the reindeer stay on the roof...> yer just teasin em!> > > earthstrm > Dec 13, 2005 5:20 AM> > Re: Wine or milk?> > Same here - but we scatter oats on the front lawn for the reindeer> > Nikki

Ah, so now I see whose side your on! :)

And let us be honest, they are bribes. :)

Nikki

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>

> The carrot and the drink are gifts, so they would be inside. Santa

takes the carrot out with him as he leaves for Rudolf, donald,

mickey, scruffy, and bootnose,,,,,,,,,dont you know anyting?

>

> The valley Vegan.................

>

> earthstrm <earthstorm@c...> wrote:

> So are you with a carrot in the house!

>

> Anyways, Santa uses his magic to float the oats to the roof for

them.

> Geez, don't ya know that?!

>

> Nikki :)

The hubby?

Uh, he doesn't really care.

The son doesn't notice because most of them have absorbed into the wet

snowy ground and the rest the reindeer were too full to eat.

Nikki

>

> wot do you tell yer hubby when the oats are still on the lawn the

next morning?

>

Of course they are bribes, do you think riendeer are stupid? The Valley Vegan...................earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Ah, so now I see whose side your on! :)And let us be honest, they are bribes. :)Nikki , peter hurd wrote:>> The carrot and the drink are gifts, so they would be inside. Santa takes the carrot out with him as he leaves for Rudolf, donald, mickey, scruffy, and bootnose,,,,,,,,,dont you know anyting?> > The valley Vegan.................> > earthstrm wrote:> So are you with a carrot in the house!> > Anyways, Santa uses his magic to float the oats to the roof for them. > Geez, don't ya know that?!> >

Confusious say " You can`t argue with a sick mind" The Valley Vegan.................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Ah you should have said you didn't like it, and left some beer instead. Jo - peter hurd Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:28 PM Re: Wine or milk? Tradition, thats what my wife always did, so being the boss I went along with it. The Valley Vegan...........jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Why did you start it being sherry, if you don't like it? Jo - peter hurd Monday, December 12, 2005 7:43 PM Re: Wine or milk? We always ( me under duress ) leave a carrot and a glass of sherry for Santa and Rudolf. Luckily my oldest (11) now plays along with it for the sake of our youngest . Probably be the last year though, thankfully as I have to eat half the carrot and drink the sherry before morning...yuk.sherry! The Valley

Vegan..................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: I was just reading an article about what happens to the cookies and milk left out for Santa if he is lactose intolerant (yes I know it's stupid).Since when was milk the traditional drink to set out for Santa Claus? It was always a glass of wine here.Jo

i dunno...how brilliant can they be? they sit around in the frozen north all year, and one night they get to pull some fat guy around, all over the world

hope they get a good retirement plan peter hurd Dec 13, 2005 1:44 PM Re: Re: Wine or milk?

Of course they are bribes, do you think riendeer are stupid?

The Valley Vegan...................earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:

Ah, so now I see whose side your on! :)And let us be honest, they are bribes. :)Nikki , peter hurd wrote:>> The carrot and the drink are gifts, so they would be inside. Santa takes the carrot out with him as he leaves for Rudolf, donald, mickey, scruffy, and bootnose,,,,,,,,,dont you know anyting?> > The valley Vegan.................> > earthstrm wrote:> So are you with a carrot in the house!> > Anyways, Santa uses his magic to float the oats to the roof for them. > Geez, don't ya know that?!> > Nikki :)

Oh I dunno, They have a job where you work one night a year, and the rest of the year off!...........not so dull eh? The ValleyVegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i dunno...how brilliant can they be? they sit around in the frozen north all year, and one night they get to pull some fat guy around, all over the world hope they get a good retirement plan peter hurd Dec 13, 2005 1:44 PM Re: Re: Wine or milk? Of course they are bribes, do you think riendeer are stupid? The Valley

Vegan...................earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Ah, so now I see whose side your on! :)And let us be honest, they are bribes. :)Nikki , peter hurd wrote:>> The carrot and the drink are gifts, so they would be inside. Santa takes the carrot out with him as he leaves for Rudolf, donald, mickey, scruffy, and bootnose,,,,,,,,,dont you know anyting?> > The valley Vegan.................> > earthstrm wrote:> So are you with a carrot in the house!> > Anyways, Santa uses his magic to float the oats to the roof for them. > Geez, don't ya know that?!> > Nikki :)

no beer at the north pole....

and, its dark half the year

and, wots gonna happen with global warming..soon they'll be swimmin peter hurd Dec 13, 2005 2:07 PM Re: Re: Wine or milk?

Oh I dunno, They have a job where you work one night a year, and the rest of the year off!...........not so dull eh?

The ValleyVegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i dunno...how brilliant can they be? they sit around in the frozen north all year, and one night they get to pull some fat guy around, all over the world

hope they get a good retirement plan peter hurd Dec 13, 2005 1:44 PM Re: Re: Wine or milk?

Of course they are bribes, do you think riendeer are stupid?

The Valley Vegan...................earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:

Ah, so now I see whose side your on! :)And let us be honest, they are bribes. :)Nikki , peter hurd wrote:>> The carrot and the drink are gifts, so they would be inside. Santa takes the carrot out with him as he leaves for Rudolf, donald, mickey, scruffy, and bootnose,,,,,,,,,dont you know anyting?> > The valley Vegan.................> > earthstrm wrote:> So are you with a carrot in the house!> > Anyways, Santa uses his magic to float the oats to the roof for them. > Geez, don't ya know that?!> > Nikki :)