IndiaDivine.org

This is how they do it in New Zealand

Rate this topic

Guest guest

vegan Christmas dinner: no turkey, no problemMonday, 12 December 2005, 2:49 pmPress Release: Vegan Xmas 12 December 2005 A vegan Christmas dinner: no turkey, no ham, no problem Catering for a vegan at Christmas dinner would probably be enough to cause heart palpitations in the average omnivore. Not so for self-taught Birkenhead chef Colin Sky, who is organising a Christmas feast for up to 50 vegans on December 18, at Blissful Foods in Mt Albert. Colin has been vegan for more than three years, and had been vegetarian for six years before that. He

is well-known as DJ Captain Starlite, and also teaches vegan cooking classes. Many of Blissful Foods’ mock meats (made from wheat protein and soy protein) will be included in the banquet, whose preparation will be a combined effort led by Colin. He calls veganism “the beautiful diet”, because of its beneficial effects on animals, human health and the environment. “Christmas is a time of peace and love, so what better way to celebrate than with the lovely people from the vegan community, sharing a sumptuous meal completely made from plant products?” he says. “A lot of non-vegans seem to think that the vegan diet is dull and monotonous – this menu should prove that vegans aren’t missing out on anything!” The menu will include: • BBQ ‘prawns’ • Chicken and vegetables with mustard and coriander sauce, and tomato, chilli and basil sauce • Sweet and sour ‘chicken’ • Potato and ‘ham’ fritters • Lao Tzu's kumara and pea fritters • Garden of Eden fresh

salads with heaven's dressing • Buddha's pie • Steamed veges • Rice • Noodles • Marinated tofu • Raw fruit pie • Fruit ripple ice cream • Raw nut and fruit pie • Walnut ice cream • Chocolate cakePeter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

hi peter, all... i am astounded...!

to read my emails from this chat group and to see a thing about how they do it in nz... and woh! it's me there... new member,,, colin... about our xmas dinner!

News travels fast... right round the world and back in under a day!

i am amazed..! i just winged it off locally around auckland to a coupla places...... u people are impressive! peter... alice our press whiz sent it to whoosh.... perhaps that was how it was done... it's sure a pleasant way to become introduced to u all... and entirely accidental... sure points to the divine plan!

we have more in common too... i am also a moderator for veganzchat so your like family... ;-)

you're all welcome to this feast... btw... i can put u up too...

do u doing this kinda stuff elsewhere on the planet for christmas?

i feel very warm towards this group now... all 880 of you....? an impressive group... it's pleasing to know this number of vegans can survive together in good humour and friendship like u do..

keep up the good work.

peace and good tidings

colin

aotearoa... nz.

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:39 AM

Re: This is how they do it in New Zealand

vegan Christmas dinner: no turkey, no problemMonday, 12 December 2005, 2:49 pmPress Release: Vegan Xmas 12 December 2005

A vegan Christmas dinner: no turkey, no ham, no problem

Catering for a vegan at Christmas dinner would probably be enough to cause heart palpitations in the average omnivore. Not so for self-taught Birkenhead chef Colin Sky, who is organising a Christmas feast for up to 50 vegans on December 18, at Blissful Foods in Mt Albert. Colin has been vegan for more than three years, and had been vegetarian for six years before that. He is well-known as DJ Captain Starlite, and also teaches vegan cooking classes. Many of Blissful Foods’ mock meats (made from wheat protein and soy protein) will be included in the banquet, whose preparation will be a combined effort led by Colin. He calls veganism “the beautiful diet”, because of its beneficial effects on animals, human health and the environment. “Christmas is a time of peace and love, so what better way to celebrate than with the lovely people from the vegan community, sharing a sumptuous meal completely made from plant products?” he says. “A lot of non-vegans seem to think that the vegan diet is dull and monotonous – this menu should prove that vegans aren’t missing out on anything!” The menu will include: • BBQ ‘prawns’ • Chicken and vegetables with mustard and coriander sauce, and tomato, chilli and basil sauce • Sweet and sour ‘chicken’ • Potato and ‘ham’ fritters • Lao Tzu's kumara and pea fritters • Garden of Eden fresh salads with heaven's dressing • Buddha's pie • Steamed veges • Rice • Noodles • Marinated tofu • Raw fruit pie • Fruit ripple ice cream • Raw nut and fruit pie • Walnut ice cream • Chocolate cake

Peter H

Hi Colin and WELCOME!

I originally thought you to be Jo's Colin, but that would be quite a

commute! :)

Nikki

, " Colin Sky " <colinsky@i...> wrote:

>

> hi peter, all... i am astounded...!

>

> to read my emails from this chat group and to see a thing about

how they do it in nz... and woh! it's me there... new member,,,

colin... about our xmas dinner!

>

> News travels fast... right round the world and back in under a

day!

>

> i am amazed..! i just winged it off locally around auckland to a

coupla places...... u people are impressive! peter... alice our

press whiz sent it to whoosh.... perhaps that was how it was done...

it's sure a pleasant way to become introduced to u all... and

entirely accidental... sure points to the divine plan!

>

> we have more in common too... i am also a moderator for

veganzchat so your like family... ;-)

>

> you're all welcome to this feast... btw... i can put u up too...

>

> do u doing this kinda stuff elsewhere on the planet for christmas?

>

> i feel very warm towards this group now... all 880 of you....?

an impressive group... it's pleasing to know this number of vegans

can survive together in good humour and friendship like u do..

>

> keep up the good work.

>

> peace and good tidings

>

> colin

>

> aotearoa... nz.

It would be most unlikely - he doesn't belong to any chat groups at all.

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <earthstorm

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 1:50 PM

> Hi Colin and WELCOME!

>

> I originally thought you to be Jo's Colin, but that would be quite a

> commute! :)

>

> Nikki

>

> , " Colin Sky " <colinsky@i...> wrote:

> >

> > hi peter, all... i am astounded...!

> >

> > to read my emails from this chat group and to see a thing about

> how they do it in nz... and woh! it's me there... new member,,,

> colin... about our xmas dinner!

> >

> > News travels fast... right round the world and back in under a

> day!

> >

> > i am amazed..! i just winged it off locally around auckland to a

> coupla places...... u people are impressive! peter... alice our

> press whiz sent it to whoosh.... perhaps that was how it was done...

> it's sure a pleasant way to become introduced to u all... and

> entirely accidental... sure points to the divine plan!

> >

> > we have more in common too... i am also a moderator for

> veganzchat so your like family... ;-)

> >

> > you're all welcome to this feast... btw... i can put u up too...

> >

> > do u doing this kinda stuff elsewhere on the planet for christmas?

> >

> > i feel very warm towards this group now... all 880 of you....?

> an impressive group... it's pleasing to know this number of vegans

> can survive together in good humour and friendship like u do..

> >

> > keep up the good work.

> >

> > peace and good tidings

> >

> > colin

> >

> > aotearoa... nz.

>

>

To send an email to -

>

Hey we Welsh are quick off the mark, don`t listen to my English counterpart and his slurs on my heritage. Maybe you could tell us what is in the pie? The Valley Vegan............Colin Sky <colinsky wrote: hi peter, all... i am astounded...! to read my emails from this chat group and to see a thing about how they do it in nz... and woh! it's me there... new member,,, colin... about our xmas dinner! News travels fast... right round the world and back in under

a day! i am amazed..! i just winged it off locally around auckland to a coupla places...... u people are impressive! peter... alice our press whiz sent it to whoosh.... perhaps that was how it was done... it's sure a pleasant way to become introduced to u all... and entirely accidental... sure points to the divine plan! we have more in common too... i am also a moderator for veganzchat so your like family... ;-) you're all welcome to this feast... btw... i can put u up too... do u doing this kinda stuff elsewhere on the planet for christmas? i feel very warm towards this group now... all 880 of you....? an impressive group... it's pleasing to know this number of vegans can survive together in good humour and friendship like u do.. keep up the good work. peace and good tidings colin aotearoa... nz. - peter hurd Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:39 AM Re: This is how they do it in New Zealand vegan Christmas dinner: no turkey, no problemMonday, 12 December 2005, 2:49 pmPress Release: Vegan Xmas 12 December 2005 A vegan Christmas dinner: no turkey, no ham, no

problem Catering for a vegan at Christmas dinner would probably be enough to cause heart palpitations in the average omnivore. Not so for self-taught Birkenhead chef Colin Sky, who is organising a Christmas feast for up to 50 vegans on December 18, at Blissful Foods in Mt Albert. Colin has been vegan for more than three years, and had been vegetarian for six years before that. He is well-known as DJ Captain Starlite, and also teaches vegan cooking classes. Many of Blissful Foods’ mock meats (made from wheat protein and soy protein) will be included in the banquet, whose preparation will be a combined effort led by Colin. He calls veganism “the beautiful diet”,

because of its beneficial effects on animals, human health and the environment. “Christmas is a time of peace and love, so what better way to celebrate than with the lovely people from the vegan community, sharing a sumptuous meal completely made from plant products?” he says. “A lot of non-vegans seem to think that the vegan diet is dull and monotonous – this menu should prove that vegans aren’t missing out on anything!” The menu will include: • BBQ ‘prawns’ • Chicken and vegetables with mustard and coriander sauce, and tomato, chilli and basil sauce • Sweet and sour ‘chicken’ • Potato and ‘ham’ fritters • Lao Tzu's kumara and pea fritters • Garden of Eden fresh salads with heaven's dressing • Buddha's pie • Steamed veges • Rice • Noodles • Marinated tofu • Raw fruit pie • Fruit ripple ice cream • Raw nut and fruit pie • Walnut ice cream • Chocolate cake Peter H Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Hi Jo

I figured you convinced him to say hello. :) But I know that you had

said he reads us occasionally, so please do say hello for us!

BB

Nikki

, " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

>

> It would be most unlikely - he doesn't belong to any chat groups

at all.

>

> BB

> Jo

>

> -

> " earthstrm " <earthstorm@c...>

>

> Tuesday, December 13, 2005 1:50 PM

> Re: This is how they do it in New Zealand

>

>

> > Hi Colin and WELCOME!

> >

> > I originally thought you to be Jo's Colin, but that would be

quite a

> > commute! :)

> >

> > Nikki

Hi Nikki

I keep him up to date with what is going on - but he's not one for chatting

online. He says 'hello'.

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <earthstorm

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:02 PM

> Hi Jo

>

> I figured you convinced him to say hello. :) But I know that you had

> said he reads us occasionally, so please do say hello for us!

>

> BB

> Nikki

>

> , " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> >

> > It would be most unlikely - he doesn't belong to any chat groups

> at all.

> >

> > BB

> > Jo

> >

> > -

> > " earthstrm " <earthstorm@c...>

> >

> > Tuesday, December 13, 2005 1:50 PM

> > Re: This is how they do it in New Zealand

> >

> >

> > > Hi Colin and WELCOME!

> > >

> > > I originally thought you to be Jo's Colin, but that would be

> quite a

> > > commute! :)

> > >

> > > Nikki

>

>

To send an email to -

>

hi... do u mean bhudda's pie....? i rearranged this old anglo dish from a shepherd's pie to make it more 21st Century...

soy and wheat tvp soaked till soft. drained. mixed with fried onions/garlic... tomato puree. (add some peas of other stuff if u wish) flavouring is the key... i use dried herbs.... yeast and kelp mix (most powerful foods on earth) with sea salt... soy sauce, some chilli...

put in pie dish, top with mashed potatoes, creamed with soy milk, olive oil and salt...

on top sprinkle toasted sunflower seeds, cashew nuts, sesame seeds..

any variation of this will work... try replacing tvp with brown lentils.... vg too... ! :-)

for the pastry of the raw fruit pie... blend soaked dates and oats, or cashews. line dish, freeze, chill, fill with fresh fruit, cover with blended mangoes and coconut cream... sprinkle with vegan dark chocolate and blow your mind with good company...

peace

colin

nice to see nz recipes winging round the world...

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:16 AM

Hey we Welsh are quick off the mark, don`t listen to my English counterpart and his slurs on my heritage.

Maybe you could tell us what is in the pie?

The Valley Vegan............Colin Sky <colinsky wrote:

to read my emails from this chat group and to see a thing about how they do it in nz... and woh! it's me there... new member,,, colin... about our xmas dinner!

i am amazed..! i just winged it off locally around auckland to a coupla places...... u people are impressive! peter... alice our press whiz sent it to whoosh.... perhaps that was how it was done... it's sure a pleasant way to become introduced to u all... and entirely accidental... sure points to the divine plan!

we have more in common too... i am also a moderator for veganzchat so your like family... ;-)

i feel very warm towards this group now... all 880 of you....? an impressive group... it's pleasing to know this number of vegans can survive together in good humour and friendship like u do..

keep up the good work.

peace and good tidings

colin

aotearoa... nz.

-

peter hurd

vegan Christmas dinner: no turkey, no problemMonday, 12 December 2005, 2:49 pmPress Release: Vegan Xmas 12 December 2005

Catering for a vegan at Christmas dinner would probably be enough to cause heart palpitations in the average omnivore. Not so for self-taught Birkenhead chef Colin Sky, who is organising a Christmas feast for up to 50 vegans on December 18, at Blissful Foods in Mt Albert. Colin has been vegan for more than three years, and had been vegetarian for six years before that. He is well-known as DJ Captain Starlite, and also teaches vegan cooking classes. Many of Blissful Foods’ mock meats (made from wheat protein and soy protein) will be included in the banquet, whose preparation will be a combined effort led by Colin. He calls veganism “the beautiful diet”, because of its beneficial effects on animals, human health and the environment. “Christmas is a time of peace and love, so what better way to celebrate than with the lovely people from the vegan community, sharing a sumptuous meal completely made from plant products?” he says. “A lot of non-vegans seem to think that the vegan diet is dull and monotonous – this menu should prove that vegans aren’t missing out on anything!” The menu will include: • BBQ ‘prawns’ • Chicken and vegetables with mustard and coriander sauce, and tomato, chilli and basil sauce • Sweet and sour ‘chicken’ • Potato and ‘ham’ fritters • Lao Tzu's kumara and pea fritters • Garden of Eden fresh salads with heaven's dressing • Buddha's pie • Steamed veges • Rice • Noodles • Marinated tofu • Raw fruit pie • Fruit ripple ice cream • Raw nut and fruit pie • Walnut ice cream • Chocolate cake

Peter H

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Thanks Colin, Keep up the good work down there! Not so sure about the pie with TVP as I cant stand the stuff, but with puy or brown lentils , may be good? The Fruit pie sounds scrummy! The Valley Vegan.............Colin Sky <colinsky wrote: hi... do u mean bhudda's pie....? i rearranged this old anglo dish from a shepherd's pie to make it more 21st Century... soy and wheat tvp soaked till soft. drained. mixed with fried onions/garlic... tomato puree. (add some peas of other stuff if u wish) flavouring is the key... i use dried herbs.... yeast and kelp mix (most powerful

foods on earth) with sea salt... soy sauce, some chilli... put in pie dish, top with mashed potatoes, creamed with soy milk, olive oil and salt... on top sprinkle toasted sunflower seeds, cashew nuts, sesame seeds.. any variation of this will work... try replacing tvp with brown lentils.... vg too... ! :-) for the pastry of the raw fruit pie... blend soaked dates and oats, or cashews. line dish, freeze, chill, fill with fresh fruit, cover with blended mangoes and coconut cream... sprinkle with vegan dark chocolate and blow your mind with good company... peace colin nice to see nz recipes winging round the world... - peter hurd Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:16 AM Re: This is

how they do it in New Zealand Hey we Welsh are quick off the mark, don`t listen to my English counterpart and his slurs on my heritage. Maybe you could tell us what is in the pie? The Valley Vegan............Colin Sky <colinsky wrote: hi peter, all... i am astounded...! to read my emails from this chat group and to see a thing about how they do it in nz... and woh! it's me there... new member,,, colin... about our xmas dinner! News travels fast... right round the world and back in under a day! i am amazed..! i just winged it off locally around auckland to a coupla places...... u people are impressive! peter... alice our press whiz sent it to whoosh.... perhaps that was how it was done... it's sure a pleasant way to become introduced to u all... and entirely accidental... sure points to the divine plan! we have more in common too... i am also a moderator for veganzchat so your like family... ;-) you're all welcome to this feast... btw... i can put

u up too... do u doing this kinda stuff elsewhere on the planet for christmas? i feel very warm towards this group now... all 880 of you....? an impressive group... it's pleasing to know this number of vegans can survive together in good humour and friendship like u do.. keep up the good work. peace and good tidings colin aotearoa... nz. - peter hurd Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:39 AM Re: This is how they do it in New Zealand vegan Christmas dinner: no turkey, no problemMonday, 12 December 2005, 2:49 pmPress Release: Vegan Xmas 12

December 2005 A vegan Christmas dinner: no turkey, no ham, no problem Catering for a vegan at Christmas dinner would probably be enough to cause heart palpitations in the average omnivore. Not so for self-taught Birkenhead chef Colin Sky, who is organising a Christmas feast for up to 50 vegans on December 18, at Blissful Foods in Mt Albert. Colin has been vegan for more than three years, and had been vegetarian for six years before that. He is well-known as DJ Captain Starlite, and also teaches vegan cooking classes. Many of Blissful Foods’ mock meats (made from wheat protein and soy protein) will be included in the banquet, whose preparation

will be a combined effort led by Colin. He calls veganism “the beautiful diet”, because of its beneficial effects on animals, human health and the environment. “Christmas is a time of peace and love, so what better way to celebrate than with the lovely people from the vegan community, sharing a sumptuous meal completely made from plant products?” he says. “A lot of non-vegans seem to think that the vegan diet is dull and monotonous – this menu should prove that vegans aren’t missing out on anything!” The menu will include: • BBQ ‘prawns’ • Chicken and vegetables with mustard and coriander sauce, and tomato, chilli and basil sauce • Sweet and sour ‘chicken’ • Potato and ‘ham’ fritters • Lao Tzu's kumara and pea fritters • Garden of Eden fresh salads with heaven's dressing • Buddha's pie • Steamed veges • Rice • Noodles • Marinated tofu • Raw fruit pie • Fruit ripple ice cream • Raw nut and fruit pie • Walnut ice cream • Chocolate

cake Peter H Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail Peter H To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Peter H

yeah tvp feel the same... but i am doing this banquet with a buddhist importer of fake meats etc called blissful, they are taiwanese, so i converted my lentil recipe to their cheap tvp dried packets that are economical... as part of the master plan is to introduce vegan to the buddhist and daoist asians around here as vegan is a new concept for them...

the next level so to speak...

with lentils....may be good...? it's bloody brilliant...

peace

colin

-

peter hurd

Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:41 AM

Thanks Colin,

Keep up the good work down there! Not so sure about the pie with TVP as I cant stand the stuff, but with puy or brown lentils , may be good? The Fruit pie sounds scrummy!

The Valley Vegan.............Colin Sky <colinsky wrote:

hi... do u mean bhudda's pie....? i rearranged this old anglo dish from a shepherd's pie to make it more 21st Century...

soy and wheat tvp soaked till soft. drained. mixed with fried onions/garlic... tomato puree. (add some peas of other stuff if u wish) flavouring is the key... i use dried herbs.... yeast and kelp mix (most powerful foods on earth) with sea salt... soy sauce, some chilli...

put in pie dish, top with mashed potatoes, creamed with soy milk, olive oil and salt...

on top sprinkle toasted sunflower seeds, cashew nuts, sesame seeds..

any variation of this will work... try replacing tvp with brown lentils.... vg too... ! :-)

for the pastry of the raw fruit pie... blend soaked dates and oats, or cashews. line dish, freeze, chill, fill with fresh fruit, cover with blended mangoes and coconut cream... sprinkle with vegan dark chocolate and blow your mind with good company...

peace

colin

nice to see nz recipes winging round the world...

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:16 AM

Hey we Welsh are quick off the mark, don`t listen to my English counterpart and his slurs on my heritage.

Maybe you could tell us what is in the pie?

The Valley Vegan............Colin Sky <colinsky wrote:

keep up the good work.

peace and good tidings

colin

aotearoa... nz.

-

peter hurd

Peter H

Peter H

Peter H