IndiaDivine.org

Eating out :-)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI Peter

Why don't you tell us what you have had when you eat out this week, as I believe you have a couple of times.

Colin and I went to the Vegetaria on Saturday. I had felafel with hummous and salad for starter, mixed bean and vegetable pancake with a lentil sauce and salad for main, and apple, pear, banana and date crumble with soya icecream for desert, followed by a cappacino.

I had my Christmas lunch on Wednesday. It was better than I had expected - winter salad with roasted pinenuts and a nice dressing for starter, butternut squash stirfry with rice and vegetable timbale for main, and a Christmas pudding without the custard for desert.

Has anyone else eaten out recently???Jo

*chicken* sandwich from love and haight last nite

(mock chicken seitan on sourdough bread with sprouts, lettuce, horseradish, tomatoes, pickles and mustard)

vegan pizza( artichoke hearts, garlic and spinach) from lanesplitter, and a big bowl of salad on wednesday

and, some sorta weak fettucini a couple days back at felinni's

cheers

fraggle

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

-Sinclair Lewis

I`ll just sit here and quietly sob shall I? The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: HI Peter Why don't you tell us what you have had when you eat out this week, as I believe you have a couple of times. Colin and I went to the Vegetaria on Saturday. I had felafel with hummous and salad for starter, mixed bean and vegetable pancake with a lentil sauce and salad for main, and apple, pear, banana and date crumble with soya icecream for desert, followed by a cappacino. I had my Christmas lunch on Wednesday. It was better than I had expected - winter salad with roasted pinenuts and a nice dressing for starter, butternut squash stirfry with rice and vegetable timbale for main, and a Christmas pudding without the custard for desert. Has anyone else eaten out recently???Jo Peter H

Play Santa's Celebrity Xmas Party, an exclusive game from

Hi Jo

> HI Peter

What me????

> Why don't you tell us what you have had when you eat out this week, as I believe you have a couple of times.

Actually ended up only being once... but had a wonderful vegetable soup made with corn flour, fantastic goulash, and jelly made from synthetic gelatine.... and I have to say, that if Ronald Hutton ever decides he's fed up with history, he could certainly do well as a chef!!!

BB

Peter

Hi Peter

What happened to your meal with the local veggie/vegan club then?????

The meal sounds nice - and Ronald is obviously a very talented man.

Maybe I shouldn't say that we went out to eat again today - with Marion. We went to the Spotted Cow, which has changed since we all used to meet up there! The meal was very good - vegetable wellington, with boiled new potatoes, carrots, baby sweetcorn, fennel and a lentil sauce. It was rather large, so we couldn't manage a desert. It was also more expensive than our usual meals at about £15. each.

BBJo

-

Peter

Friday, December 16, 2005 9:31 PM

Re: Eating out :-)

Hi Jo

> HI Peter

What me????

> Why don't you tell us what you have had when you eat out this week, as I believe you have a couple of times.

Actually ended up only being once... but had a wonderful vegetable soup made with corn flour, fantastic goulash, and jelly made from synthetic gelatine.... and I have to say, that if Ronald Hutton ever decides he's fed up with history, he could certainly do well as a chef!!!

BB

Peter

Jo, send recipes! You may not go to these things and then brag about the food without accosting the chef to get us the recipes.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

jo

Friday, December 16, 2005 3:25 PM

Hi Peter

Maybe I shouldn't say that we went out to eat again today - with Marion. We went to the Spotted Cow, which has changed since we all used to meet up there! The meal was very good - vegetable wellington, with boiled new potatoes, carrots, baby sweetcorn, fennel and a lentil sauce. It was rather large, so we couldn't manage a desert. It was also more expensive than our usual meals at about £15. each.

BBJo

-

Peter

Hi Jo

> HI Peter

What me????

BB

Peter

Hi Linda

I'm sorry - I didn't think to ask for the recipes.

Jo

-

linda

Saturday, December 17, 2005 2:16 AM

Jo, send recipes! You may not go to these things and then brag about the food without accosting the chef to get us the recipes.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

jo

Friday, December 16, 2005 3:25 PM

Hi Peter

BBJo

-

Peter

Hi Jo

> HI Peter

What me????

BB

Peter