IndiaDivine.org

Subsidies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, why should I be surprised. Have you ever read Chomsky? Favorite of mine. And Howard Zinn too. The World Bank and WTO and all of those neocons and their groupies seem to be getting more exposure than they want. I can't even keep up with the AFTA's anymore...lol...NAFTA, CAFTA, BAFTA. <grinning> Thanks for the education fraggle....appreciate it. Between trying to find a un-meat loaf and moss on the roof life is rough. Just keeping up with Bush and his shannigans keeps one busy. LOL Now off to watch the Dalai Lama and Barbara Walters...a peaceful moment in a sea of chaos.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

fraggle

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 12:02 PM

Re: Re: boi, did i pick the wrong day

EU nations subsidise as well..just not to the extent of the US

the world bank very happily lends money to explore for more oil ventures, with 80% of any oil going to the US and the EU

Eu nations generally pay higher taxes on gas, and have added "health" taxes, which we don't over here in the colonies

i read somewhere that when you add it all up, the US subsidies the US oil companies to a total of

wait for it

$240 billion linda Dec 20, 2005 11:19 AM Re: Re: boi, did i pick the wrong day

You know, I never even thought of this. What an aggravation. And then there are all the subsidies to the farm factories. And the subsidies are absolutely endless...Monsanto under whatever name. To my way of thinking we are subsidizing Bush to destroy our democracy, make us idiots in the eyes of the world (of course we are), and murder the innocent in the "war." So the governments in Europe don't subsidized their oil companies with the peoples tax monies?

linda

fraggle

Gas is only cheaper here then in europe because here we subsidize the oil companies, fer drilling and the like...so, technically, our costs are just as high, as our tax dollars go to the oil companiesthe us oil industry was given almost $3 billion the other year to aid in domestic exploration...the us oil industry pays about the lowest coporate tax rates there are (11%)

To send an email to -

chomsky..zinn...hmmm..name sounds familiar...hmm

hee...yes, they are two of my favespeoples history of the United States should be a required read fer americans linda Dec 20, 2005 8:44 PM Subsidies

Well, why should I be surprised. Have you ever read Chomsky? Favorite of mine. And Howard Zinn too. The World Bank and WTO and all of those neocons and their groupies seem to be getting more exposure than they want. I can't even keep up with the AFTA's anymore...lol...NAFTA, CAFTA, BAFTA. <grinning> Thanks for the education fraggle....appreciate it. Between trying to find a un-meat loaf and moss on the roof life is rough. Just keeping up with Bush and his shannigans keeps one busy. LOL Now off to watch the Dalai Lama and Barbara Walters...a peaceful moment in a sea of chaos.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

what is peace to the people who work the land and die in wars? it was learned in a game that was played by us all

who held the top of the hill

from the rest was called the king and I can't believe it all was good for humankind

I thought you didn't like Chomsky???

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:59 PM

Re: Subsidies

hee...yes, they are two of my favespeoples history of the United States should be a required read fer americans linda Dec 20, 2005 8:44 PM Subsidies

linda

what is peace to the people who work the land and die in wars? it was learned in a game that was played by us all

who held the top of the hill

from the rest was called the king and I can't believe it all was good for humankind

Really exceptionally bad that Zinn isn't used in the schools for American History. Chomsky would certainly unhinge the American public's outlook on themselves. He is the bane of existence for the powers here and they do whatever they can to emasculate him. But when ever either come here or close by they speak to packed crowds. They are both getting older and don't travel out here as much as they did. I heard Zinn a few years back...he is a wonderful speaker/lecturer and has a terrific sense of humor.

linda

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

fraggle

hee...yes, they are two of my favespeoples history of the United States should be a required read fer americans