IndiaDivine.org

Elton John

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, since I can't congratulate Elton John and his partner on their union I will congratulate you UK people on their union and all the factors that made it possible.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

Nowt to do with me I can assure you! The Valley Vegan..............linda <lindai81 wrote: Well, since I can't congratulate Elton John and his partner on their union I will congratulate you UK people on their union and all the factors that made it possible. linda "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi Peter H

Cars NEW - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars online search now

It's a good thing, isn't it.

Jo

-

linda

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 3:36 PM

Elton John

Well, since I can't congratulate Elton John and his partner on their union I will congratulate you UK people on their union and all the factors that made it possible.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

What is always annoying to me is that "allowing" gays to marry in civil ceremonies has nothing to do with making religions/clerics/ churches marry them. It is a civil ceremony for heavens sake. It is a contract, not a religious contract. In a civil contract one isn't required to meet some personal requirements, just be sane and capable of undertaking such a contract. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with being able to undertake a legitimate contract. Why do we even use the word "allowing" in the whole thing? The term is so condescending and patronizing. They just have the right to make a contract. Many people have said that we must preserve the institution of marriage and that allowing gays to civilly marry would destroy that....how I ask? The state requires one get a marriage license to marry no matter what. That license has nothing to do with religion and you are still legally married in the eyes of the state even if you do not have a religious ceremony. If it is the state then what on earth has religion got to do with it? I certainly understand religions not wanting to marry gays since they seem to believe that the bible condemns homosexuality as a sin, but again we have an overstepping of the boundaries of state vs church...damn, now Peter will be on the band wagon again...LOL Love ya' Peter. It is only about separation of church and state Peter for me.

linda

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

fraggle

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:51 AM

Re: Elton John

heard a blurb on the radio from some shock jock/hate radio dj going off on elton gettin married and how "wrong" it was...

oh, so its bad two guys get hitched, but dressin up like a giant duck is hunky dory apparantly

i kid i kid....

at least the UK is still a tad more civilized then the colonies... linda Dec 21, 2005 7:36 AM Elton John

linda

To send an email to -

Hi Fraggle

> at least the UK is still a tad more civilized then the colonies..

Only just... at the first gay wedding earlier in the week, the Presbyterians were actually protesting outside the registry office. How sad can you get - having nothing better to do that protest at people being happy!

BB

Peter

Yes, I think so.

linda

jo

It's a good thing, isn't it.

Jo

-

linda

linda

Thats religion for you. Theres always one group out there that can take offence at absolutely anything. The Valley Vegan...............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Fraggle > at least the UK is still a tad more civilized then the colonies.. Only just... at the first gay wedding earlier in the week, the Presbyterians were actually protesting outside the registry office. How sad can you get - having nothing better to do that protest at people being happy! BB Peter Peter H

Cars NEW - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars online search now

I saw a picture of Elton and his "bride" or is it "groom"? this week wearing suits that looked like they were made from wallpaper fron a 1970`s Indian restaurant! I hope now he has settled down his taste will improve............ The Valley Vegan............linda <lindai81 wrote: What is always annoying to me is that "allowing" gays to marry in civil ceremonies has nothing to do with making religions/clerics/ churches marry them. It is a civil ceremony for heavens sake. It is a contract, not a religious contract. In a civil contract one isn't required to meet some personal requirements, just be sane and capable of undertaking such a contract. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with being able to undertake a

legitimate contract. Why do we even use the word "allowing" in the whole thing? The term is so condescending and patronizing. They just have the right to make a contract. Many people have said that we must preserve the institution of marriage and that allowing gays to civilly marry would destroy that....how I ask? The state requires one get a marriage license to marry no matter what. That license has nothing to do with religion and you are still legally married in the eyes of the state even if you do not have a religious ceremony. If it is the state then what on earth has religion got to do with it? I certainly understand religions not wanting to marry gays since they seem to believe that the bible condemns homosexuality as a sin, but again we have an overstepping of the boundaries of state vs church...damn, now Peter will be on the band wagon again...LOL Love ya' Peter. It is only about separation of church and state Peter for me. linda "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47 - fraggle Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:51 AM Re: Elton John heard a blurb on the radio from some shock jock/hate radio dj going off on elton gettin married and how "wrong" it was... oh, so its bad two guys get hitched, but dressin up like a giant duck is hunky dory apparantly i kid i kid.... at least the UK is still a tad more civilized then the colonies... linda Dec 21, 2005 7:36 AM Elton John Well, since I can't congratulate Elton John and his partner on their union I will congratulate you UK people on their union and all the factors that made it possible.

linda "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi To send an email to -

i was gonna make some comment about "does he take reservations then?"

but it just sounded totally wrong and will just leave it alone

good thing i kept quiet peter hurd Dec 21, 2005 11:27 AM Re: Elton John

I saw a picture of Elton and his "bride" or is it "groom"? this week wearing suits that looked like they were made from wallpaper fron a 1970`s Indian restaurant! I hope now he has settled down his taste will

what is peace to the people who work the land and die in wars? it was learned in a game that was played by us all

who held the top of the hill

from the rest was called the king and I can't believe it all was good for humankind

Elton has always looked ghastly and tacky to me, but that is his persona and his talent overcomes that lack. However, he certainly makes more money than I do and that proves he is smarter.

linda

peter hurd

I saw a picture of Elton and his "bride" or is it "groom"? this week wearing suits that looked like they were made from wallpaper fron a 1970`s Indian restaurant! I hope now he has settled down his taste will improve............

The Valley Vegan............

Well - it's his taste, so it doesn't really matter what we think of it.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:27 PM

I saw a picture of Elton and his "bride" or is it "groom"? this week wearing suits that looked like they were made from wallpaper fron a 1970`s Indian restaurant! I hope now he has settled down his taste will improve............

The Valley Vegan............linda <lindai81 wrote:

What is always annoying to me is that "allowing" gays to marry in civil ceremonies has nothing to do with making religions/clerics/ churches marry them. It is a civil ceremony for heavens sake. It is a contract, not a religious contract. In a civil contract one isn't required to meet some personal requirements, just be sane and capable of undertaking such a contract. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with being able to undertake a legitimate contract. Why do we even use the word "allowing" in the whole thing? The term is so condescending and patronizing. They just have the right to make a contract. Many people have said that we must preserve the institution of marriage and that allowing gays to civilly marry would destroy that....how I ask? The state requires one get a marriage license to marry no matter what. That license has nothing to do with religion and you are still legally married in the eyes of the state even if you do not have a religious ceremony. If it is the state then what on earth has religion got to do with it? I certainly understand religions not wanting to marry gays since they seem to believe that the bible condemns homosexuality as a sin, but again we have an overstepping of the boundaries of state vs church...damn, now Peter will be on the band wagon again...LOL Love ya' Peter. It is only about separation of church and state Peter for me.

linda

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

fraggle

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:51 AM

heard a blurb on the radio from some shock jock/hate radio dj going off on elton gettin married and how "wrong" it was...

oh, so its bad two guys get hitched, but dressin up like a giant duck is hunky dory apparantly

i kid i kid....

at least the UK is still a tad more civilized then the colonies... linda Dec 21, 2005 7:36 AM Elton John

linda

To send an email to -

Oh, hush! <grinning>

-

fraggle

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 12:24 PM

he makes more money then you, so he's smarter!

boi, did you open yerself up with that one linda

Elton has always looked ghastly and tacky to me, but that is his persona and his talent overcomes that lack. However, he certainly makes more money than I do and that proves he is smarter.

linda

Hi Peter

Only just... at the first gay wedding earlier in the week, the Presbyterians were actually protesting outside the registry office. How sad can you get - having nothing better to do that protest at people being happy!

As you know, two of my friends are getting hitched on New Year's Eve

and we are all rather counting on Christian protestors outside the

registry office so we can poke fun at them (the protestors that is, of

course!) :-) No same sex marriage would be complete without your

friendly Christian Neighbourhood watch after all!

BB

Alex

or lack of it! The Valley Vegan...........jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Well - it's his taste, so it doesn't really matter what we think of it. Jo - peter hurd Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:27 PM Re: Elton John I saw a picture of Elton and his "bride" or is it "groom"? this week wearing suits that looked like they were made from wallpaper fron a 1970`s Indian restaurant! I hope now he has settled down his taste will improve............ The Valley Vegan............linda <lindai81 wrote: What is always annoying to me is that "allowing" gays to marry in civil ceremonies has nothing to do with making religions/clerics/

churches marry them. It is a civil ceremony for heavens sake. It is a contract, not a religious contract. In a civil contract one isn't required to meet some personal requirements, just be sane and capable of undertaking such a contract. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with being able to undertake a legitimate contract. Why do we even use the word "allowing" in the whole thing? The term is so condescending and patronizing. They just have the right to make a contract. Many people have said that we must preserve the institution of marriage and that allowing gays to civilly marry would destroy that....how I ask? The state requires one get a marriage license to marry no matter what. That license has nothing to do with religion and you are still legally married in the eyes of the state even if you do not have a religious ceremony. If it is the state then what on earth has religion got to do with it? I certainly understand religions not wanting to marry gays since they seem

to believe that the bible condemns homosexuality as a sin, but again we have an overstepping of the boundaries of state vs church...damn, now Peter will be on the band wagon again...LOL Love ya' Peter. It is only about separation of church and state Peter for me. linda "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47 - fraggle Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:51 AM Re: Elton John heard a blurb on the radio from some shock jock/hate radio dj going off on elton gettin married and how "wrong" it was... oh, so its bad two guys get hitched, but dressin up like a giant duck is hunky dory apparantly i kid i kid.... at least the UK is still a tad more civilized then the colonies... linda Dec 21, 2005 7:36 AM Elton John Well, since I can't congratulate Elton John and his partner on their union I will congratulate you UK people on their union and all the factors that made it possible. linda "Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi To send an email to -

Why would you want to poke fun at them?, why give them the satisfaction? Ignoring them would probably do more damage? hey just thrive on being heard! Or maybe just thank them for coming and say " bless you children " in a condecending manner as priests are often seen to do! The Valley Vegan...............Alex Iantaffi <alex.iantaffi wrote: Hi Peter Only just... at the first gay wedding earlier in the week, the Presbyterians were actually protesting outside the registry office. How sad can you get - having nothing better to do that protest at people being

happy! As you know, two of my friends are getting hitched on New Year's Eve and we are all rather counting on Christian protestors outside the registry office so we can poke fun at them (the protestors that is, of course!) :-) No same sex marriage would be complete without your friendly Christian Neighbourhood watch after all!BBAlex Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

Hi Peter,

I was just being facetious ;-) I actually hope there won't be any

trouble as my friends really do deserve better than being hassled by a

bunch of bigots, which is never fun (having been on the blunt end of it

a couple of times when I had a girlfriend)

Alex :-)On 22/12/05, peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Why would you want to poke fun at them?, why give them the

satisfaction? Ignoring them would probably do more damage? hey just

thrive on being heard! Or maybe just thank them for coming and say " bless you children " in a condecending manner as priests are often seen to do! The Valley Vegan...............

Alex Iantaffi <alex.iantaffi

wrote: Hi Peter

Only

just... at the first gay wedding earlier in the week, the Presbyterians

were actually protesting outside the registry office. How sad can you

get - having nothing better to do that protest at people being happy! As

you know, two of my friends are getting hitched on New Year's Eve and

we are all rather counting on Christian protestors outside the registry

office so we can poke fun at them (the protestors that is, of course!)

:-) No same sex marriage would be complete without your friendly

Christian Neighbourhood watch after all!BBAlex Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

To send an email to -

You`ve been on the blunt end of it!? I didn`t think you were that way inclined.................. The Valley Vegan.................Alex Iantaffi <alex.iantaffi wrote: Hi Peter,I was just being facetious ;-) I actually hope there won't be any trouble as my friends really do deserve better than being hassled by a bunch of bigots, which is never fun (having been on the blunt end of it a couple of times when I had a girlfriend)Alex :-) On 22/12/05, peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Why would you want to poke fun at them?, why

give them the satisfaction? Ignoring them would probably do more damage? hey just thrive on being heard! Or maybe just thank them for coming and say " bless you children " in a condecending manner as priests are often seen to do! The Valley Vegan............... Alex Iantaffi <alex.iantaffi wrote: Hi Peter Only just... at the first gay wedding earlier in the week, the

Presbyterians were actually protesting outside the registry office. How sad can you get - having nothing better to do that protest at people being happy! As you know, two of my friends are getting hitched on New Year's Eve and we are all rather counting on Christian protestors outside the registry office so we can poke fun at them (the protestors that is, of course!) :-) No same sex marriage would be complete without your friendly Christian Neighbourhood watch after all!BBAlex Peter H Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail To send an email to -

Peter, peter, have you missed the whole poly bi conversation when I

first joined? ;-) I have managed to cover the full spectrum of sexual

identity! Started out as straight (well, just bought into the default

position really), then identified as a lesbian for a few years before

falling in love with one of my (male) close friends who is now my life

partner and ending up identifying as bi when labels are necessary.

Alex :-)

On 22/12/05, peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

You`ve been on the blunt end of it!? I didn`t think you were that way inclined.................. The Valley Vegan.................

Alex Iantaffi <alex.iantaffi wrote:

Hi Peter,I

was just being facetious ;-) I actually hope there won't be any trouble

as my friends really do deserve better than being hassled by a bunch of

bigots, which is never fun (having been on the blunt end of it a couple

of times when I had a girlfriend)Alex :-)