IndiaDivine.org

zinn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Upcoming Howard Zinn Speaking Engagements and Events

Written by Administrator

Sunday, 05 December 2004200512/3 American Anthropological Association, Washington D.C.12/4 Andy Shallal's Busboys and Poets Restaurant, Washington D.C. (Voices event, with Anthony Arnove)20062/17 Historians Against War, Austin, Texas 2/28 Civic Media Center, Gainesville, FL3/23 Philadelphia Youth Leadership Conference, Philadelphia, PA 4/5 Earlham College, Richmond, IN4/18 University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, WI4/26 Lannan Foundation, Santa Fe, NM (Voices event, with Anthony Arnove). More info here. linda Dec 21, 2005 9:57 AM Re: Subsidies

Really exceptionally bad that Zinn isn't used in the schools for American History. Chomsky would certainly unhinge the American public's outlook on themselves. He is the bane of existence for the powers here and they do whatever they can to emasculate him. But when ever either come here or close by they speak to packed crowds. They are both getting older and don't travel out here as much as they did. I heard Zinn a few years back...he is a wonderful speaker/lecturer and has a terrific sense of humor.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

fraggle

chomsky..zinn...hmmm..name sounds familiar...hmm

hee...yes, they are two of my favespeoples history of the United States should be a required read fer americansTo send an email to -

I am on his list, but none of these are anywhere near us in the Pacific Northwest. I love NM but still a tad too far. You go! You are closer to NM than I am and then you must write me a report on it and tape it too.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

-

fraggle

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 11:00 AM

Re: zinn

Written by Administrator

Sunday, 05 December 2004200512/3 American Anthropological Association, Washington D.C.12/4 Andy Shallal's Busboys and Poets Restaurant, Washington D.C. (Voices event, with Anthony Arnove)20062/17 Historians Against War, Austin, Texas 2/28 Civic Media Center, Gainesville, FL3/23 Philadelphia Youth Leadership Conference, Philadelphia, PA 4/5 Earlham College, Richmond, IN4/18 University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, WI4/26 Lannan Foundation, Santa Fe, NM (Voices event, with Anthony Arnove). More info here.

but i've already seen howard speak a number of times

now..if you want to pay me to go to NM..i like santa fe....

:) linda Dec 21, 2005 11:33 AM Re: zinn

I am on his list, but none of these are anywhere near us in the Pacific Northwest. I love NM but still a tad too far. You go! You are closer to NM than I am and then you must write me a report on it and tape it too.

linda

-

fraggle

Written by Administrator

Sunday, 05 December 2004200512/3 American Anthropological Association, Washington D.C.12/4 Andy Shallal's Busboys and Poets Restaurant, Washington D.C. (Voices event, with Anthony Arnove)20062/17 Historians Against War, Austin, Texas 2/28 Civic Media Center, Gainesville, FL3/23 Philadelphia Youth Leadership Conference, Philadelphia, PA 4/5 Earlham College, Richmond, IN4/18 University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, WI4/26 Lannan Foundation, Santa Fe, NM (Voices event, with Anthony Arnove). More info here.

what is peace to the people who work the land and die in wars? it was learned in a game that was played by us all

who held the top of the hill

from the rest was called the king and I can't believe it all was good for humankind

Set your sights higher than Sante Fe...go for Taos. Since you have heard him a number of times and I only once I think you ought to pay me to go so that we get a balanced take on the man.

linda

fraggle

but i've already seen howard speak a number of times

now..if you want to pay me to go to NM..i like santa fe....

:) linda Dec 21, 2005 11:33 AM Re: zinn

linda

-

fraggle

Written by Administrator

what is peace to the people who work the land and die in wars? it was learned in a game that was played by us all

who held the top of the hill

from the rest was called the king and I can't believe it all was good for humankind

Well, I suppose...I went there to take a week long workshop in weaving from a Navajo woman, Pearl Sunrise, and stayed at a terrific place that was very homey. The place is full of some terrific artists or some renown. But of course I wouldn't fit in with that crowd and probably wouldn't want to. I have been there multiple times and always enjoyed it. I found Sante Fe a bit frantic and commercial now especially the last time. Bringing in a lot of fast food places and losing the ambience there. Taos has a ban on that sort of development. Up in that area, heading for CO they have these tire houses....underground...can't recall the name of the place. Right on the highway. Very cool. Expensive too, but so environmentally sound. Although the idea that tires would be okay to live with surrounding your house...I would think in that heat that they would outgas tremendously. I have spent a lot of time in the SW and love it a lot and have considered moving there, but economics say no. I feel so deprived.

linda

-

fraggle

taos was...ok

it seemed a tad..i dunno...touristy kitchy...

i guess if ya wanna get a rope of chile.....

and every time i've gone, the pueblos there have been closed because of a ceremony...

earthships?

i haven't been to SF NM in like 10 yrs..soooo

i was in taos about..3 yrs ago..and i dunno...parts of it were nice..parts sorta..touristy

but..alnd values are skyrocketing down there..sooooo linda Dec 21, 2005 4:21 PM Re: zinn

Well, I suppose...I went there to take a week long workshop in weaving from a Navajo woman, Pearl Sunrise, and stayed at a terrific place that was very homey. The place is full of some terrific artists or some renown. But of course I wouldn't fit in with that crowd and probably wouldn't want to. I have been there multiple times and always enjoyed it. I found Sante Fe a bit frantic and commercial now especially the last time. Bringing in a lot of fast food places and losing the ambience there. Taos has a ban on that sort of development. Up in that area, heading for CO they have these tire houses....underground...can't recall the name of the place. Right on the highway. Very cool. Expensive too, but so environmentally sound. Although the idea that tires would be okay to live with surrounding your house...I would think in that heat that they would outgas tremendously. I have spent a lot of time in the SW and love it a lot and have considered moving there, but economics say no. I feel so deprived.

linda

-

fraggle

taos was...ok

and every time i've gone, the pueblos there have been closed because of a ceremony...

To send an email to -

Yes, Earthships I think it was. I have to go look at it again. We were stupid when we were in Taos last time and drove right by these and didn't stop to take the tour. I live by the motto "live and never learn."

linda

-

fraggle

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:50 PM

earthships?

i haven't been to SF NM in like 10 yrs..soooo

i was in taos about..3 yrs ago..and i dunno...parts of it were nice..parts sorta..touristy

but..alnd values are skyrocketing down there..sooooo linda Dec 21, 2005 4:21 PM Re: zinn

linda

-

fraggle

taos was...ok

To send an email to -