IndiaDivine.org

oh honey...ah sugar sugar....bees be smart

Rate this topic

Guest guest

thats it! i can train legions of bee assassins!!

BEES CAN RECOGNIZE HUMAN FACES, STUDY FINDS: (12/09/05): " Honeybees may

look pretty much all alike to us. But it seems we may not look all alike to

them. A study has found that they can learn to recognize human faces in

photos, and remember them for at least two days. The findings toss new

uncertainty into a long-studied question that some scientists considered

largely settled, the researchers say: how humans themselves recognize

faces.

The bees learned to distinguish the correct face from the wrong one with

better than 80 percent accuracy, even when the faces were similar, and

regardless of where the photos were placed, the researchers found. Also,

just like humans, the bees performed worse when the faces were flipped

upside-down. Bees are famous for their pattern-recognition abilities,

which scientists believe evolved in order to discriminate among flowers. As

social insects, they can also tell apart their hivemates. But the new study

shows that they can recognize human faces better than some humans can-with

one-ten thousandth of the brain cells. "

http://www.world-science.net/exclusives/051209_beesfrm.htm

what is peace

to the people

who work the land

and die in wars?

it was learned in a game

that was played by us all

who held the top of the hill

from the rest was called the king

and I can't believe it all

was good for humankind

to go with the legions of flying monkeys? The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: thats it! i can train legions of bee assassins!!************************************************BEES CAN RECOGNIZE HUMAN FACES, STUDY FINDS: (12/09/05): "Honeybees maylook pretty much all alike to us. But it seems we may not look all alike tothem. A study has found that they can learn to recognize human faces inphotos, and remember them for at least two days. The findings toss newuncertainty into a long-studied question that some scientists consideredlargely settled, the researchers say: how humans themselves recognizefaces.The bees learned to distinguish the correct face from the wrong one withbetter than 80 percent accuracy, even when the faces

were similar, andregardless of where the photos were placed, the researchers found. Also,just like humans, the bees performed worse when the faces were flippedupside-down. Bees are famous for their pattern-recognition abilities,which scientists believe evolved in order to discriminate among flowers. Associal insects, they can also tell apart their hivemates. But the new studyshows that they can recognize human faces better than some humans can-withone-ten thousandth of the brain cells."http://www.world-science.net/exclusives/051209_beesfrm.htmwhat is peace to the people who work the land and die in wars? it was learned in a game that was played by us allwho held the top of the hillfrom the rest was called the king and I can't believe it all was good for humankind

i think that is peter and nikki's dept...

a subsidiary of their evil twin manufactory peter hurd Dec 22, 2005 1:32 PM Re: oh honey...ah sugar sugar....bees be smart

to go with the legions of flying monkeys?

The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

thats it! i can train legions of bee assassins!!************************************************BEES CAN RECOGNIZE HUMAN FACES, STUDY FINDS: (12/09/05): "Honeybees maylook pretty much all alike to us. But it seems we may not look all alike tothem. A study has found that they can learn to recognize human faces inphotos, and remember them for at least two days. The findings toss newuncertainty into a long-studied question that some scientists consideredlargely settled, the researchers say: how humans themselves recognizefaces.The bees learned to distinguish the correct face from the wrong one withbetter than 80 percent accuracy, even when the faces were similar, andregardless of where the photos were placed, the researchers found. Also,just like humans, the bees performed worse when the faces were flippedupside-down. Bees are famous for their pattern-recognition abilities,which scientists believe evolved in order to discriminate among flowers. Associal insects, they can also tell apart their hivemates. But the new studyshows that they can recognize human faces better than some humans can-withone-ten thousandth of the brain cells."http://www.world-science.net/exclusives/051209_beesfrm.htmwhat is peace to the people who work the land and die in wars? it was learned in a game that was played by us allwho held the top of the hillfrom the rest was called the king and I can't believe it all was good for humankind

Hi Fraggle

> i think that is peter and nikki's dept...

> a subsidiary of their evil twin manufactory

Well, not an area we've previously branched into, but I suppose if there's enough demand....

BB

Peter

damn, and I thought we all looked alike. Guess not. I just want to know though who your first target will be? Careful the FBI is listening though.

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

fraggle

TFHB ;

Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:31 PM

oh honey...ah sugar sugar....bees be smart

thats it! i can train legions of bee assassins!!************************************************BEES CAN RECOGNIZE HUMAN FACES, STUDY FINDS: (12/09/05): "Honeybees maylook pretty much all alike to us. But it seems we may not look all alike tothem. A study has found that they can learn to recognize human faces inphotos, and remember them for at least two days. The findings toss newuncertainty into a long-studied question that some scientists consideredlargely settled, the researchers say: how humans themselves recognizefaces.The bees learned to distinguish the correct face from the wrong one withbetter than 80 percent accuracy, even when the faces were similar, andregardless of where the photos were placed, the researchers found. Also,just like humans, the bees performed worse when the faces were flippedupside-down. Bees are famous for their pattern-recognition abilities,which scientists believe evolved in order to discriminate among flowers. Associal insects, they can also tell apart their hivemates. But the new studyshows that they can recognize human faces better than some humans can-withone-ten thousandth of the brain cells."http://www.world-science.net/exclusives/051209_beesfrm.htmwhat is peace to the people who work the land and die in wars? it was learned in a game that was played by us allwho held the top of the hillfrom the rest was called the king and I can't believe it all was good for humankind