IndiaDivine.org

Back to work!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I guess I am lucky to have had a longish break over Christmas and the

New Year, but it seems to have gone really quickly. This morning I am

back at work, and it is still pitch-black outside the office window,

with just street lights showing in the distance.

Oh well ....

Jo

Yeah, my first day back today also, but on the upside it means I can get to the library in my lunch hour, and pick up that AFI cd that I got them to order for me.............dark going to work, dark coming home.................... Oh by the way Jo, I nearly finished the new Pratchet book Thud!, its a good one. Have you managed to get hold of a copy? The Valley Vegan...............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: I guess I am lucky to have had a longish break over Christmas and the New Year, but it seems to have gone really quickly. This morning I am back at work, and it is still pitch-black outside the office window, with just street lights showing in the distance.Oh well ....Jo

Hi Peter

It was very dark this morning - I suppose the thick cloud didn't help! I hope you enjoy the cd. I put one of my Christmas present cds on when I came home - Hammerfall - and really love it.

Colin is the Terry Pratchett fan and we don't have the book yet. He likes to wait until they come out in paperback (take up less room on the shelf). I'll tell him you enjoyed it. I know he's looking forward to reading it.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 7:48 PM

Re: Back to work!

Yeah, my first day back today also, but on the upside it means I can get to the library in my lunch hour, and pick up that AFI cd that I got them to order for me.............dark going to work, dark coming home....................

Oh by the way Jo, I nearly finished the new Pratchet book Thud!, its a good one. Have you managed to get hold of a copy?

The Valley Vegan...............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

I guess I am lucky to have had a longish break over Christmas and the New Year, but it seems to have gone really quickly. This morning I am back at work, and it is still pitch-black outside the office window, with just street lights showing in the distance.Oh well ....Jo

you must try extra hard to keep your spirits up.

when I lived in nyc, it was dark in the winter sometimes by 4:30,

I would feel depressed and trapped indoors on such a winter's day.

I would watch fun shows on tv, turn up the radio, mixed fun fruit and

veggie concoctions, get creative in the kitchen, chat with a neighbor,

read a good book, paint draw and arts and crafts. etc.

I decided not to take any (artificial) drugs, instead I took Omega

trhree, which have been shown to lift moods.

, " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> back at work, and it is still pitch-black outside the office window,

> with just street lights showing in the distance.

>

> Oh well ....

>

> Jo

>

My spirits are fine really - I would just rather not have to work -

but at least I have a job - so many people need jobs and don#'t have

them.

It is 7.40 a.m. and still dark here, and it gets dark about 4.30

p.m. This year we have fitted security lights so at least we can

have some light to empty the bins by when we go home in the evening,

and Colin can fill the bird feeders without having to hold a torch at

the same time.

Jo

, " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato@e...>

wrote:

>

> you must try extra hard to keep your spirits up.

>

> when I lived in nyc, it was dark in the winter sometimes by 4:30,

> I would feel depressed and trapped indoors on such a winter's day.

>

> I would watch fun shows on tv, turn up the radio, mixed fun fruit

and

> veggie concoctions, get creative in the kitchen, chat with a

neighbor,

> read a good book, paint draw and arts and crafts. etc.

>

> I decided not to take any (artificial) drugs, instead I took Omega

> trhree, which have been shown to lift moods.

>

>

>

>

>

> , " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork@g...>

wrote:

>

> > back at work, and it is still pitch-black outside the office

window,

> > with just street lights showing in the distance.

> >

> > Oh well ....

> >

> > Jo

> >

>

You can come join me hear in sunny AZ. It's expected to be 82 today and the sunshine felt wonderful this morning at breakfast. They are saying we are back in a drought again, but that the valley should be fine because all the rains last year filled our reservours. I heard that we (AZ) are trying to work out a deal between several states close by (NV, CA, etc) on how to share the Colorado River and that there hasn't been an agreement in years past, so unlikely to be so this time either. But it won't be long before the snowbirds leave and you could be a snowbird my dear Jo also. Which means you come enjoy our fab weather and leave before it gets too hot - which most birds leave when the highs are in the 100's. Your work won't mind will they?heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: I guess I am lucky to have had a longish break over Christmas and the New Year, but it seems to have gone really quickly. This morning I am back at work, and it is still pitch-black outside the office window, with just street lights showing in the distance.Oh well ....Jo

Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

it was 89F in SoCal yesterday

dang....

i'm not exactly 100% hip on phoenix rainfall totals...8-10 inches per year er so?

wot do ya'll consider a drought and when/why?

wish it was 82F here...

only suppose to be 62F today Jonnie Hellens Jan 6, 2006 8:36 AM Re: Back to work!

You can come join me hear in sunny AZ. It's expected to be 82 today and the sunshine felt wonderful this morning at breakfast.

They are saying we are back in a drought again, but that the valley should be fine because all the rains last year filled our reservours. I heard that we (AZ) are trying to work out a deal between several states close by (NV, CA, etc) on how to share the Colorado River and that there hasn't been an agreement in years past, so unlikely to be so this time either. But it won't be long before the snowbirds leave and you could be a snowbird my dear Jo also. Which means you come enjoy our fab weather and leave before it gets too hot - which most birds leave when the highs are in the 100's. Your work won't mind will they?

1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A.

Hi Jonnie

Thanks for the invitation - unfortunately I have only a few days holiday left from work.

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Friday, January 06, 2006 4:36 PM

You can come join me hear in sunny AZ. It's expected to be 82 today and the sunshine felt wonderful this morning at breakfast.

They are saying we are back in a drought again, but that the valley should be fine because all the rains last year filled our reservours. I heard that we (AZ) are trying to work out a deal between several states close by (NV, CA, etc) on how to share the Colorado River and that there hasn't been an agreement in years past, so unlikely to be so this time either. But it won't be long before the snowbirds leave and you could be a snowbird my dear Jo also. Which means you come enjoy our fab weather and leave before it gets too hot - which most birds leave when the highs are in the 100's. Your work won't mind will they?heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

I guess I am lucky to have had a longish break over Christmas and the New Year, but it seems to have gone really quickly. This morning I am back at work, and it is still pitch-black outside the office window, with just street lights showing in the distance.Oh well ....Jo

PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Sounds like your forecasters are even worse than ours.

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, January 06, 2006 4:50 PM

dang....

i'm not exactly 100% hip on phoenix rainfall totals...8-10 inches per year er so?

wish it was 82F here...

only suppose to be 62F today Jonnie Hellens Jan 6, 2006 8:36 AM Re: Back to work!

They are saying we are back in a drought again, but that the valley should be fine because all the rains last year filled our reservours. I heard that we (AZ) are trying to work out a deal between several states close by (NV, CA, etc) on how to share the Colorado River and that there hasn't been an agreement in years past, so unlikely to be so this time either. But it won't be long before the snowbirds leave and you could be a snowbird my dear Jo also. Which means you come enjoy our fab weather and leave before it gets too hot - which most birds leave when the highs are in the 100's. Your work won't mind will they?

1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A.

frag did you get that teleporter working yet? jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Jonnie Thanks for the invitation - unfortunately I have only a few days holiday left from work. Jo - Jonnie

Hellens Friday, January 06, 2006 4:36 PM Re: Back to work! You can come join me hear in sunny AZ. It's expected to be 82 today and the sunshine felt wonderful this morning at breakfast. They are saying we are back in a drought again, but that the valley should be fine because all the rains last year filled our reservours. I heard that we (AZ) are trying to work out a deal between several states close by (NV, CA, etc) on how to share the Colorado River and that there hasn't been an agreement in years past, so unlikely to be so this time either. But it won't be long before the snowbirds leave and you could be a snowbird my

dear Jo also. Which means you come enjoy our fab weather and leave before it gets too hot - which most birds leave when the highs are in the 100's. Your work won't mind will they?heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: I guess I am lucky to have had a longish break over Christmas and the New Year, but it seems to have gone really quickly. This morning I am back at work, and it is still pitch-black outside the office window, with just street lights showing in the distance.Oh well ....Jo PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover Photo Books. You design it and we’ll bind it!

When the forecaster says rain, my family turns to look at me to confirm. My bones hurt before a storm and then about 6 hours before it arrives I get really cranky and then they'll say something like "yeah, she was right, it's definately gonna rain!" :) I can't imagine what I would be like living in Oregon!jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Sounds like your forecasters are even worse than ours. Jo - fraggle Friday, January 06, 2006 4:50 PM Re: Back to work! it was 89F in SoCal yesterday dang.... i'm not exactly 100% hip on phoenix rainfall totals...8-10 inches per year er so? wot do ya'll consider a drought and when/why? wish it was 82F here... only suppose to be 62F today Jonnie Hellens Jan 6, 2006 8:36 AM Re: Back to work! You can come join me hear in sunny AZ. It's expected to be 82 today and the sunshine felt wonderful this morning at breakfast. They are saying we are back in a drought again, but that the valley should be fine because all the rains last year filled our reservours. I heard that we (AZ) are trying to work out a deal between several states close by (NV, CA, etc) on how to share the Colorado River and that there hasn't been an agreement in years past, so unlikely to be so this time either. But it won't be long before the snowbirds leave and you could be a snowbird my dear Jo also. Which means you come enjoy our fab weather and leave before it gets too hot - which most birds leave when the highs are in the 100's. Your work won't mind will

they?1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A.

Photos Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

Hi Jonnie

> When the forecaster says rain, my family turns to look at me to confirm. My bones hurt before a storm and then about 6

> hours before it arrives I get really cranky and then they'll say something like "yeah, she was right, it's definately gonna

> rain!" :) I can't imagine what I would be like living in Oregon!

And you definitely don't want to live in the UK!!!

BB

Peter

LOL - I don't know if I'd use one of those anyway - I might end up with a flies head!

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Monday, January 09, 2006 8:44 PM

frag did you get that teleporter working yet? jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Jonnie

Thanks for the invitation - unfortunately I have only a few days holiday left from work.

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Friday, January 06, 2006 4:36 PM

They are saying we are back in a drought again, but that the valley should be fine because all the rains last year filled our reservours. I heard that we (AZ) are trying to work out a deal between several states close by (NV, CA, etc) on how to share the Colorado River and that there hasn't been an agreement in years past, so unlikely to be so this time either. But it won't be long before the snowbirds leave and you could be a snowbird my dear Jo also. Which means you come enjoy our fab weather and leave before it gets too hot - which most birds leave when the highs are in the 100's. Your work won't mind will they?heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcoverPhoto Books. You design it and we’ll bind it!

That doesn't sound like a good way to know what the weather will be doing.

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Monday, January 09, 2006 8:50 PM

When the forecaster says rain, my family turns to look at me to confirm. My bones hurt before a storm and then about 6 hours before it arrives I get really cranky and then they'll say something like "yeah, she was right, it's definately gonna rain!" :) I can't imagine what I would be like living in Oregon!jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Sounds like your forecasters are even worse than ours.

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, January 06, 2006 4:50 PM

dang....

wish it was 82F here...

They are saying we are back in a drought again, but that the valley should be fine because all the rains last year filled our reservours. I heard that we (AZ) are trying to work out a deal between several states close by (NV, CA, etc) on how to share the Colorado River and that there hasn't been an agreement in years past, so unlikely to be so this time either. But it won't be long before the snowbirds leave and you could be a snowbird my dear Jo also. Which means you come enjoy our fab weather and leave before it gets too hot - which most birds leave when the highs are in the 100's. Your work won't mind will they?1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A.

PhotosGot holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

well maybe,

all that bad, harsh, dark rainy weather

is what makes people

so

oh i don't know

artistic.

for instance, two of the greatest

people that ever walke this planet.

the best poets,

and best songwriters

are martin gore

and morrissey

and they grew up

with miserable weather. :)

did I mention that I also like them?

, " Peter " <metalscarab@g...> wrote:

>

> And you definitely don't want to live in the UK!!!

>

> BB

> Peter

>

I reckon that is why Norway has some of the best heavy metal bands :-)

Jo

, " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato@e...>

wrote:

>

> well maybe,

> all that bad, harsh, dark rainy weather

> is what makes people

> so

> oh i don't know

> artistic.

>

> for instance, two of the greatest

> people that ever walke this planet.

> the best poets,

> and best songwriters

> are martin gore

> and morrissey

> and they grew up

> with miserable weather. :)

>

> did I mention that I also like them?

>

>

>

> , " Peter " <metalscarab@g...> wrote:

>

> >

> > And you definitely don't want to live in the UK!!!

> >

> > BB

> > Peter

> >

>

No way! Too cold fer me! My DH is opposite, he loves cold and hates heat. We make an interesting couple. I usually carry various sweatshirts and jackets around, even during the summer. When I was in Hawaii, a million years ago, the rain took me totally by surprise and I loved the warmth and moisture. I don't think I'll convince DH, since he's afraid to fly or sail, or move, or... well, he just doesn't like any change at all.Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Jonnie > When the forecaster says rain, my family turns to look at me to confirm. My bones hurt before a storm and then about 6 > hours before it arrives I get really cranky and then they'll say something like "yeah, she was right, it's definately gonna > rain!" :) I can't imagine what I would be like living in Oregon! And you definitely don't want to live in the UK!!! BB Peter

Photos Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

Hi Jonnie

Sounds a bit the same here. I like it warm and comfortable, DH likes

it cold.

Nikki :)

, Jonnie Hellens

<jonnie_hellens> wrote:

>

> No way! Too cold fer me! My DH is opposite, he loves cold and

hates heat. We make an interesting couple. I usually carry various

sweatshirts and jackets around, even during the summer. When I was in

Hawaii, a million years ago, the rain took me totally by surprise and

I loved the warmth and moisture. I don't think I'll convince DH,

since he's afraid to fly or sail, or move, or... well, he just doesn't

like any change at all.

unregulated natural gas lines?

>Peter <metalscarab

>Jan 10, 2006 9:41 AM

>

>Re: Re: Back to work!

>

>Hi Jo

>

>> I reckon that is why Norway has some of the best heavy metal bands :-)

>

>But it doesn't explain the current explosion from Italy!!!

>

>BB

>Peter

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Hi Peter

Very true! There must be another reason for that :-)

BB

Jo

, " Peter " <metalscarab@g...> wrote:

>

> Hi Jo

>

> > I reckon that is why Norway has some of the best heavy metal

bands :-)

>

> But it doesn't explain the current explosion from Italy!!!

>

> BB

> Peter

>

Not beforehand, but after the rain starts I feel wonderful. I'm guessing the pressure changes are what affect me.jo <jo.heartwork wrote: I'm sure it is - I meant it's not a 'pleasant' way :-)Jo - Jonnie Hellens

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:47 PM Re: Back to work! It's usually more accurate than the forecasters. jo <jo.heartwork wrote: That doesn't sound like a good way to know what the weather will be doing. Jo - Jonnie Hellens Monday, January 09, 2006 8:50 PM Re: Back to work! When the forecaster says rain, my family turns to look at me to confirm. My bones hurt before a storm and then about 6 hours before it arrives I get really cranky and then they'll say something like "yeah, she was right, it's definately gonna rain!" :) I can't imagine what I would be like living in Oregon!jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Sounds like your forecasters are even worse than ours. Jo - fraggle Friday, January 06, 2006 4:50 PM Re: Back to

work! it was 89F in SoCal yesterday dang.... i'm not exactly 100% hip on phoenix rainfall totals...8-10 inches per year er so? wot do ya'll consider a drought and when/why? wish it was 82F here... only suppose to be 62F today Jonnie Hellens Jan 6, 2006 8:36 AM Re: Back to work! You can come join me hear in sunny AZ. It's expected to be 82 today and the sunshine felt wonderful this morning at breakfast. They are saying we are back in a drought again, but that the valley should be fine because all the rains last year filled our reservours. I heard that we (AZ) are trying to work out a

deal between several states close by (NV, CA, etc) on how to share the Colorado River and that there hasn't been an agreement in years past, so unlikely to be so this time either. But it won't be long before the snowbirds leave and you could be a snowbird my dear Jo also. Which means you come enjoy our fab weather and leave before it gets too hot - which most birds leave when the highs are in the 100's. Your work won't mind will they?1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A. PhotosGot holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.