IndiaDivine.org

Phoenix, AZ drought - was:Back to work!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://phoenix.about.com/cs/living/a/PhxFastfacts01.htm According to the above website (which has some interesting tidbits on our valley area) it's about 7 inches. I think they consider drought conditions based on snowfall in the mountains, water moisture in the ground and the reservour levels. Our reservour levels are good in the valley, but there hasn't been any substantial snow. When it rains here, not much water is actually absorbed into the ground at the time and we get a lot of flash flooding, but the snowfalls that melts in the spring really helps our water levels. Last year there was a lot of rain and they actually had to release water several times from the reservours, which is why they say that the valley is ok for the moment.fraggle

<EBbrewpunx wroe: it was 89F in SoCal yesterday dang.... i'm not exactly 100% hip on phoenix rainfall totals...8-10 inches per year er so? wot do ya'll consider a drought and when/why? wish it was 82F here... only suppose to be 62F today Jonnie Hellens Jan 6, 2006 8:36 AM Re: Back to work! You can come join me hear in sunny AZ. It's expected to be 82 today and the sunshine felt wonderful this morning at breakfast. They are saying we are back in a drought again, but

that the valley should be fine because all the rains last year filled our reservours. I heard that we (AZ) are trying to work out a deal between several states close by (NV, CA, etc) on how to share the Colorado River and that there hasn't been an agreement in years past, so unlikely to be so this time either. But it won't be long before the snowbirds leave and you could be a snowbird my dear Jo also. Which means you come enjoy our fab weather and leave before it gets too hot - which most birds leave when the highs are in the 100's. Your work won't mind will they? 1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for

the U.S.A.

DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

Did you here about the snow in China. There are 250,000 people cut off - 500 people suffering from frostbite, and a couple of people have lost legs :-( I don't think I'll moan about our weather anymore - well not for a day or two anyway.

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Friday, January 06, 2006 11:09 PM

Re: Phoenix, AZ drought - was:Back to work!

http://phoenix.about.com/cs/living/a/PhxFastfacts01.htm

According to the above website (which has some interesting tidbits on our valley area) it's about 7 inches. I think they consider drought conditions based on snowfall in the mountains, water moisture in the ground and the reservour levels. Our reservour levels are good in the valley, but there hasn't been any substantial snow. When it rains here, not much water is actually absorbed into the ground at the time and we get a lot of flash flooding, but the snowfalls that melts in the spring really helps our water levels. Last year there was a lot of rain and they actually had to release water several times from the reservours, which is why they say that the valley is ok for the moment.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wroe:

it was 89F in SoCal yesterday

dang....

i'm not exactly 100% hip on phoenix rainfall totals...8-10 inches per year er so?

wot do ya'll consider a drought and when/why?

wish it was 82F here...

only suppose to be 62F today Jonnie Hellens Jan 6, 2006 8:36 AM Re: Back to work!

You can come join me hear in sunny AZ. It's expected to be 82 today and the sunshine felt wonderful this morning at breakfast.

They are saying we are back in a drought again, but that the valley should be fine because all the rains last year filled our reservours. I heard that we (AZ) are trying to work out a deal between several states close by (NV, CA, etc) on how to share the Colorado River and that there hasn't been an agreement in years past, so unlikely to be so this time either. But it won't be long before the snowbirds leave and you could be a snowbird my dear Jo also. Which means you come enjoy our fab weather and leave before it gets too hot - which most birds leave when the highs are in the 100's. Your work won't mind will they? 1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for

the U.S.A.

DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

that is the same report which I hear on the radio.

they also mention people with no Heating system in Italy dying of

cold.(and parts of England, where it snowed a bunch)

, " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

>

> Did you here about the snow in China. There are 250,000 people cut

off - 500 people suffering from frostbite, and a couple of people have

lost legs :-( I don't think I'll moan about our weather anymore -

well not for a day or two anyway.

>

>

, " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato@e...> wrote:

>

> that is the same report which I hear on the radio.

> they also mention people with no Heating system in Italy dying of

> cold.(and parts of England, where it snowed a bunch)

>

>

> , " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> >

> > Did you here about the snow in China. There are 250,000 people cut

> off - 500 people suffering from frostbite, and a couple of people have

> lost legs :-( I don't think I'll moan about our weather anymore -

> well not for a day or two anyway.

> >

> >

>

I didn't hear about Italy. We never seem to be prepared for any

weather here. Scotland has the most snow and cold weather, and I

think the least central heating. I love going to Scotland, especially

the Highlands, but some of it is so remote from anywhere else I can

imagine being totally isolated all the time there is snow.

Jo

, " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato@e...> wrote:

>

> that is the same report which I hear on the radio.

> they also mention people with no Heating system in Italy dying of

> cold.(and parts of England, where it snowed a bunch)

>

>

> , " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> >

> > Did you here about the snow in China. There are 250,000 people cut

> off - 500 people suffering from frostbite, and a couple of people have

> lost legs :-( I don't think I'll moan about our weather anymore -

> well not for a day or two anyway.

> >

> >

>

No I didn't, how awful!jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Did you here about the snow in China. There are 250,000 people cut off - 500 people suffering from frostbite, and a couple of people have lost legs :-( I don't think I'll moan about our weather anymore - well not for a day or two anyway. Jo - Jonnie Hellens Friday, January 06, 2006 11:09 PM Re: Phoenix, AZ drought - was:Back to work! http://phoenix.about.com/cs/living/a/PhxFastfacts01.htm According to the above website (which has some interesting tidbits on our valley area) it's about 7 inches. I think they consider drought conditions based on snowfall in the mountains, water moisture in the ground and the reservour levels. Our reservour levels are good in the valley, but there hasn't been any substantial snow.

When it rains here, not much water is actually absorbed into the ground at the time and we get a lot of flash flooding, but the snowfalls that melts in the spring really helps our water levels. Last year there was a lot of rain and they actually had to release water several times from the reservours, which is why they say that the valley is ok for the moment.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wroe: it was 89F in SoCal yesterday dang.... i'm not exactly 100% hip on phoenix rainfall totals...8-10 inches per year er so? wot do ya'll consider a drought and when/why? wish it was 82F here... only suppose to be 62F today Jonnie Hellens

Jan 6, 2006 8:36 AM Re: Back to work! You can come join me hear in sunny AZ. It's expected to be 82 today and the sunshine felt wonderful this morning at breakfast. They are saying we are back in a drought again, but that the valley should be fine because all the rains last year filled our reservours. I heard that we (AZ) are trying to work out a deal between several states close by (NV, CA, etc) on how to share the Colorado River and that there hasn't been an agreement in years past, so unlikely to be so this time either. But it won't be long before the snowbirds leave and you could be a snowbird my dear Jo also. Which means you come enjoy our fab weather and leave before it gets too hot - which most birds leave when the highs are in the 100's. Your work won't mind will

they? 1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A. DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover Photo Books. You design it and we’ll bind it!