IndiaDivine.org

Scrambled tofu and garlic - Was: they even have a farmers market at the hospital!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I love garlic! I bought this garlic wheat bread that there are chunks of garlic in, oh it is so yummy! Even my son is eating it without all the junk he usually puts on top of bread. Speaking of which, I'm reading a book, (Idiots Guide to Being Vegetarian - even though I've been veggie, there's a lot of cool info in there, like why meat eaters might have BO, etc) and it suggested eating scrambled tofu with some peppers and garlic. Do you just chop of the tofu (firm or extra firm I'm guessing) and stir fry it? Any oil (maybe olive or sesame might be good?) I overheard a conversation once where the person stated you needed to pour boiling water over tofu so it would absorb flavors better, ne1 heard of this?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i don't think its physically possible

to ingest more garlic...my diet pretty much revolves around it....>Anouk Sickler <zurumato>Jan 6, 2006 9:22 PM> > Re: they even have a farmers market at the hospital!>>would love to see a picture >with the maggots too!>>ok just kidding, anyway>>eat more garlic!>>> , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:>>>> its infected>> whee fun>> >>>>>>>>To send an email to - >

make/eat scrambled tofu all the time

crumble up firm/extra firm tofu

stir fry er sautee will work..dependin on wot you want...

tumeric is a great seasoning powder fer it

cook with any veggies you like...

:) Jonnie Hellens Jan 9, 2006 12:15 PM Scrambled tofu and garlic - Was: they even have a farmers market at the hospital!

I love garlic! I bought this garlic wheat bread that there are chunks of garlic in, oh it is so yummy! Even my son is eating it without all the junk he usually puts on top of bread.

Speaking of which, I'm reading a book, (Idiots Guide to Being Vegetarian - even though I've been veggie, there's a lot of cool info in there, like why meat eaters might have BO, etc) and it suggested eating scrambled tofu with some peppers and garlic. Do you just chop of the tofu (firm or extra firm I'm guessing) and stir fry it? Any oil (maybe olive or sesame might be good?) I overheard a conversation once where the person stated you needed to pour boiling water over tofu so it would absorb flavors better, ne1 heard of this?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i don't think its physically possible to ingest more garlic...my diet pretty much revolves around it....

1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A.

I learned that you put tofu in boiling water to kill

potential bacteria if you are going to use it raw. I

scramble tofu with a little turmeric (for yellow

coloring) as I would scrambled eggs. I like it with

onions and mushrooms and garlic. You just scramble it

in the pan. I don't use fat, I use a little water or

veg broth to keep things from sticking. Susan

--- Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

> I love garlic! I bought this garlic wheat bread

> that there are chunks of garlic in, oh it is so

> yummy! Even my son is eating it without all the

> junk he usually puts on top of bread.

>

> Speaking of which, I'm reading a book, (Idiots

> Guide to Being Vegetarian - even though I've been

> veggie, there's a lot of cool info in there, like

> why meat eaters might have BO, etc) and it suggested

> eating scrambled tofu with some peppers and garlic.

> Do you just chop of the tofu (firm or extra firm I'm

> guessing) and stir fry it? Any oil (maybe olive or

> sesame might be good?) I overheard a conversation

> once where the person stated you needed to pour

> boiling water over tofu so it would absorb flavors

> better, ne1 heard of this?

>

>

________

DSL – Something to write home about.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.

dsl.

Someone also said that you are supposed to squeeze the moisture out but that doesn't look possible (sqoosh), do you? Potatoes sounds good in it too...fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: make/eat scrambled tofu all the time crumble up firm/extra firm tofu stir fry er sautee will work..dependin on wot you want... tumeric is a great seasoning powder fer it cook with any veggies you like... :) Jonnie Hellens Jan 9, 2006 12:15 PM Scrambled tofu and garlic - Was: they even have a farmers market at the hospital!

I love garlic! I bought this garlic wheat bread that there are chunks of garlic in, oh it is so yummy! Even my son is eating it without all the junk he usually puts on top of bread. Speaking of which, I'm reading a book, (Idiots Guide to Being Vegetarian - even though I've been veggie, there's a lot of cool info in there, like why meat eaters might have BO, etc) and it suggested eating scrambled tofu with some peppers and garlic. Do you just chop of the tofu (firm or extra firm I'm guessing) and stir fry it? Any oil (maybe olive or sesame might be good?) I overheard a conversation once where the person stated you needed to pour boiling water over tofu so it would absorb flavors better, ne1 heard of this?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i

don't think its physically possible to ingest more garlic...my diet pretty much revolves around it.... 1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A.

Photos Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

Tofu that comes in liquid, should be sqeezed to get rid of most of the moisture first, so that it can absorb more of what you want it to taste of....especially if you are going to marinate it . The Valley Vegan.............Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote: Someone also said that you are supposed to squeeze the moisture out but that doesn't look possible (sqoosh), do you? Potatoes sounds good in it too...fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: make/eat scrambled tofu all the time crumble up firm/extra firm tofu stir fry er sautee

will work..dependin on wot you want... tumeric is a great seasoning powder fer it cook with any veggies you like... :) Jonnie Hellens Jan 9, 2006 12:15 PM Scrambled tofu and garlic - Was: they even have a farmers market at the hospital! I love garlic! I bought this garlic wheat bread that there are chunks of garlic in, oh it is so yummy! Even my son is eating it without all the junk he usually puts on top of bread. Speaking of which, I'm reading a book, (Idiots Guide to Being Vegetarian - even though I've been veggie, there's a lot of cool info in there, like why meat eaters might have BO, etc) and it suggested eating scrambled tofu with some peppers and garlic. Do you just chop of the tofu (firm or extra firm I'm

guessing) and stir fry it? Any oil (maybe olive or sesame might be good?) I overheard a conversation once where the person stated you needed to pour boiling water over tofu so it would absorb flavors better, ne1 heard of this?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i don't think its physically possible to ingest more garlic...my diet pretty much revolves around it.... 1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A. PhotosGot holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP. Peter H

Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo.

How exactly do you do that? Pick it up and squeeze?peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Tofu that comes in liquid, should be sqeezed to get rid of most of the moisture first, so that it can absorb more of what you want it to taste of....especially if you are going to marinate it . The Valley Vegan.............Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote: Someone also said that you are supposed to squeeze the moisture out but that doesn't look possible (sqoosh), do you? Potatoes sounds good in it too...fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: make/eat scrambled tofu all the time crumble up firm/extra firm tofu stir fry er sautee will work..dependin on wot you want... tumeric is a great seasoning powder fer it cook with any veggies you like... :) Jonnie Hellens Jan 9, 2006 12:15 PM Scrambled tofu and garlic - Was: they even have a farmers market at the hospital! I love garlic! I bought this garlic wheat bread that there are chunks of garlic in, oh it is so yummy! Even my son is eating it without all the junk he usually puts on top of bread. Speaking of which, I'm reading a book, (Idiots Guide to

Being Vegetarian - even though I've been veggie, there's a lot of cool info in there, like why meat eaters might have BO, etc) and it suggested eating scrambled tofu with some peppers and garlic. Do you just chop of the tofu (firm or extra firm I'm guessing) and stir fry it? Any oil (maybe olive or sesame might be good?) I overheard a conversation once where the person stated you needed to pour boiling water over tofu so it would absorb flavors better, ne1 heard of this?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i don't think its physically possible to ingest more garlic...my diet pretty much revolves around it.... 1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll

pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A. PhotosGot holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP. Peter H Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo.

Photos Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

put a plate and a can on top of it, while it is on something where the liquid can drain out, or wrap it in kitchen roll with the wEIGHT ON IT UNTIL TH KITCHEN ROLL IS SOAKED, THEN KEEP REPEATING UNTIL NO MORE MOISTURE...... CAPS LOCK?..................AH THERE IT is. The Valley Vegan................Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote: How exactly do you do that? Pick it up and squeeze?peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Tofu that comes in liquid, should be sqeezed to get rid of most of the moisture first, so that it can absorb more of what you want it to taste of....especially if you are going to marinate it . The Valley Vegan.............Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote: Someone also said that you are supposed to squeeze the moisture out but that doesn't look possible (sqoosh), do you? Potatoes sounds good in it too...fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: make/eat scrambled tofu all the time crumble up firm/extra firm tofu stir fry er sautee will work..dependin on wot you want... tumeric is a great seasoning powder fer it cook with any veggies you like... :)

Jonnie Hellens Jan 9, 2006 12:15 PM Scrambled tofu and garlic - Was: they even have a farmers market at the hospital! I love garlic! I bought this garlic wheat bread that there are chunks of garlic in, oh it is so yummy! Even my son is eating it without all the junk he usually puts on top of bread. Speaking of which, I'm reading a book, (Idiots Guide to Being Vegetarian - even though I've been veggie, there's a lot of cool info in there, like why meat eaters might have BO, etc) and it suggested eating scrambled tofu with some peppers and garlic. Do you just chop of the tofu (firm or extra firm I'm guessing) and stir fry it? Any oil (maybe olive or sesame might be good?) I overheard a conversation once where the person stated you needed to pour boiling water over tofu so it would absorb

flavors better, ne1 heard of this?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i don't think its physically possible to ingest more garlic...my diet pretty much revolves around it.... 1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A. PhotosGot holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

Peter H Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo. PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever. To send an email to - Peter H

an alternative to kitchen towel is.... cheesecloth - you know the looseweave cotton we used to make shirts out of in the early seventies - or you can use gauze...

hth

Mike

On Behalf Of peter hurd12 January 2006 18:24 Subject: Re: Scrambled tofu and garlic - Was: they even have a farmers market at the hospital!

put a plate and a can on top of it, while it is on something where the liquid can drain out, or wrap it in kitchen roll with the wEIGHT ON IT UNTIL TH KITCHEN ROLL IS SOAKED, THEN KEEP REPEATING UNTIL NO MORE MOISTURE......

CAPS LOCK?..................AH THERE IT is.

The Valley Vegan................Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

How exactly do you do that? Pick it up and squeeze?peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Tofu that comes in liquid, should be sqeezed to get rid of most of the moisture first, so that it can absorb more of what you want it to taste of....especially if you are going to marinate it .

The Valley Vegan.............Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

Someone also said that you are supposed to squeeze the moisture out but that doesn't look possible (sqoosh), do you? Potatoes sounds good in it too...fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

make/eat scrambled tofu all the time

crumble up firm/extra firm tofu

stir fry er sautee will work..dependin on wot you want...

tumeric is a great seasoning powder fer it

cook with any veggies you like...

:) Jonnie Hellens Jan 9, 2006 12:15 PM Scrambled tofu and garlic - Was: they even have a farmers market at the hospital!

I love garlic! I bought this garlic wheat bread that there are chunks of garlic in, oh it is so yummy! Even my son is eating it without all the junk he usually puts on top of bread.

Speaking of which, I'm reading a book, (Idiots Guide to Being Vegetarian - even though I've been veggie, there's a lot of cool info in there, like why meat eaters might have BO, etc) and it suggested eating scrambled tofu with some peppers and garlic. Do you just chop of the tofu (firm or extra firm I'm guessing) and stir fry it? Any oil (maybe olive or sesame might be good?) I overheard a conversation once where the person stated you needed to pour boiling water over tofu so it would absorb flavors better, ne1 heard of this?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i don't think its physically possible to ingest more garlic...my diet pretty much revolves around it.... 1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A.

PhotosGot holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

Peter H

PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever. To send an email to -

Peter H

I'm looking forward to trying that. It sounds yummy.Michael Benis <michaelbenis wrote: an alternative to kitchen towel is.... cheesecloth - you know the looseweave cotton we used to make shirts out of in the early seventies - or you can use gauze... hth Mike On Behalf Of peter hurd12 January 2006 18:24 Subject: Re: Scrambled tofu and garlic - Was: they even have a farmers market at the hospital! put a plate and a can on top of it, while it is on something where the liquid can drain out, or wrap it in kitchen roll with the wEIGHT ON IT UNTIL TH KITCHEN ROLL IS SOAKED, THEN KEEP REPEATING UNTIL NO MORE MOISTURE...... CAPS LOCK?..................AH THERE IT is. The Valley Vegan................Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote: How exactly do you do that? Pick it up and squeeze?peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Tofu that comes in liquid, should be sqeezed to get rid of most of the moisture first, so that it can absorb more of what you want it to taste of....especially if you are going to marinate it . The Valley Vegan.............Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote: Someone also said that you are supposed to squeeze the moisture out but that doesn't look possible (sqoosh), do you? Potatoes sounds good in it too...fraggle

<EBbrewpunx wrote: make/eat scrambled tofu all the time crumble up firm/extra firm tofu stir fry er sautee will work..dependin on wot you want... tumeric is a great seasoning powder fer it cook with any veggies you like... :) Jonnie Hellens Jan 9, 2006 12:15 PM Scrambled tofu and garlic - Was: they even have a farmers market at the hospital! I love garlic! I bought this garlic wheat bread that there are chunks of garlic in, oh it is so yummy! Even my son is eating it without all the junk he usually puts on top of bread. Speaking of which, I'm reading a book, (Idiots Guide to Being Vegetarian - even though I've been veggie, there's a lot of cool info in there, like why meat eaters might have BO, etc) and it suggested eating scrambled tofu with some peppers and garlic. Do you just chop of the tofu (firm or extra firm I'm guessing) and stir fry it? Any oil (maybe olive or sesame might be good?) I overheard a conversation once where the person stated you needed to pour boiling water over tofu so it would absorb flavors better, ne1 heard of this?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i don't think its physically possible to ingest more garlic...my diet pretty much revolves around it.... 1000 miles of endless screams, where all the dead heroes lay I've got the

choice to set my knife, I've got the courage to set my life I've got the day I'll pick to die. Gotta hate someone, I don't know why I'll fight for a better way, be a dead hero for the U.S.A. PhotosGot holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP. Peter H Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo. PhotosRing in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever. To send an email to - Peter H Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo.

Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover Photo Books. You design it and we’ll bind it!