IndiaDivine.org

Vegan Sues McDonald's Over Misleading French Fries

Rate this topic

Guest guest

(CBS) LOS ANGELES A Los Angeles woman and professed vegan has filed a proposed class-action lawsuit against McDonald’s for allegedly misleading consumers into believing the restaurants French fries were wheat- and dairy-free.Nadia Sugich filed the Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit, describing herself as a vegan since 1994 who “is opposed to eating any meat, fish or dairy products or by-products.”The McDonald’s Corp. on Monday acknowledged that the chain uses wheat and dairy ingredients to flavor its French fries. Until recently, the company said its fries were free of gluten, milk and wheat allergens.In the court papers filed Wednesday, Sugich claims she would not have bought or eaten the French fries

if she had known they contained dairy and were not vegan.A representative for McDonald’s was not immediately available to comment on Sugich’s lawsuit.According to the complaint, Oak Brook, Ill.-based McDonald’s operates more than 350 restaurants in California. The lawsuit, alleging fraudulent and unfair business practices, was filed on behalf of California consumers who have eaten McDonald’s fries in the past four years and are concerned about the consumption of dairy or wheat products for health, moral or philosophical reasons.Among her requests of the court, Sugich asked that the class be reimbursed for their French fry purchases. (© 2006 CBS Broadcasting Inc. . This material may not be published,

broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)Peter H

Win a BlackBerry device from O2 with . Enter now.

yeah wotever....

while i think mcdonalds is a horrid place, and would on most occassions applaud anything to knock them down a bit...

but...this time....if yer a vegan

WTF?

why would you be going to McDonalds?

wot are you thinking?

wot sizerock do you live under

McDonalds french fries aren't vegan..never have been

remember the law suit?!

sheesh

fraggle peter hurd Feb 17, 2006 11:16 AM Re: Vegan Sues McDonald's Over Misleading French Fries

(CBS) LOS ANGELES A Los Angeles woman and professed vegan has filed a proposed class-action lawsuit against McDonalds for allegedly misleading consumers into believing the restaurants French fries were wheat- and dairy-free.Nadia Sugich filed the Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit, describing herself as a vegan since 1994 who is opposed to eating any meat, fish or dairy products or by-products.The McDonalds Corp. on Monday acknowledged that the chain uses wheat and dairy ingredients to flavor its French fries. Until recently, the company said its fries were free of gluten, milk and wheat allergens.In the court papers filed Wednesday, Sugich claims she would not have bought or eaten the French fries if she had known they contained dairy and were not vegan.A representative for McDonalds was not immediately available to comment on Sugichs lawsuit.According to the complaint, Oak Brook, Ill.-based McDonalds operates more than 350 restaurants in California. The lawsuit, alleging fraudulent and unfair business practices, was filed on behalf of California consumers who have eaten McDonalds fries in the past four years and are concerned about the consumption of dairy or wheat products for health, moral or philosophical reasons.Among her requests of the court, Sugich asked that the class be reimbursed for their French fry purchases.

(© 2006 CBS Broadcasting Inc. . This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Peter H

Win a BlackBerry device from O2 with . Enter now. To send an email to -

Hey Fraggle, did you realy think anyone would take this seriously? Shes from LA? helllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooo? whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! The Valley Vegan..................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: yeah wotever.... while i think mcdonalds is a horrid place, and would on most occassions applaud anything to knock them down a bit... but...this time....if yer a vegan WTF? why would you be going to McDonalds? wot are you thinking? wot sizerock do you live under McDonalds french fries aren't vegan..never have been remember the law suit?! sheesh fraggle peter hurd Feb 17, 2006 11:16 AM Re: Vegan Sues McDonald's Over Misleading French Fries (CBS) LOS ANGELES A Los Angeles woman and professed vegan has filed a proposed class-action lawsuit against McDonald’s for allegedly misleading consumers into believing the restaurants French fries were wheat- and dairy-free.Nadia Sugich filed the Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit, describing herself as a vegan since 1994 who “is opposed to eating any meat, fish or dairy products or by-products.”The McDonald’s Corp. on Monday acknowledged that the chain uses

wheat and dairy ingredients to flavor its French fries. Until recently, the company said its fries were free of gluten, milk and wheat allergens.In the court papers filed Wednesday, Sugich claims she would not have bought or eaten the French fries if she had known they contained dairy and were not vegan.A representative for McDonald’s was not immediately available to comment on Sugich’s lawsuit.According to the complaint, Oak Brook, Ill.-based McDonald’s operates more than 350 restaurants in California. The lawsuit, alleging fraudulent and unfair business practices, was filed on behalf of California consumers who have eaten McDonald’s fries in the past four years and are concerned about the consumption of dairy or wheat products for health, moral or philosophical reasons.Among her requests of the court, Sugich asked that the class be reimbursed for their French fry purchases. (© 2006 CBS Broadcasting Inc. . This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.) Peter H Win a BlackBerry device from O2 with . Enter now. To send an

email to -

watch it buddy..i was born down thar!

:) peter hurd Feb 17, 2006 11:36 AM Re: Vegan Sues McDonald's Over Misleading French Fries

Hey Fraggle, did you realy think anyone would take this seriously?

Shes from LA?

helllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooo?

whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The Valley Vegan..................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

yeah wotever....

while i think mcdonalds is a horrid place, and would on most occassions applaud anything to knock them down a bit...

WTF?

wot are you thinking?

remember the law suit?!

sheesh

fraggle peter hurd Feb 17, 2006 11:16 AM Re: Vegan Sues McDonald's Over Misleading French Fries

(CBS) LOS ANGELES A Los Angeles woman and professed vegan has filed a proposed class-action lawsuit against McDonalds for allegedly misleading consumers into believing the restaurants French fries were wheat- and dairy-free.Nadia Sugich filed the Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit, describing herself as a vegan since 1994 who is opposed to eating any meat, fish or dairy products or by-products.The McDonalds Corp. on Monday acknowledged that the chain uses wheat and dairy ingredients to flavor its French fries. Until recently, the company said its fries were free of gluten, milk and wheat allergens.In the court papers filed Wednesday, Sugich claims she would not have bought or eaten the French fries if she had known they contained dairy and were not vegan.A representative for McDonalds was not immediately available to comment on Sugichs lawsuit.According to the complaint, Oak Brook, Ill.-based McDonalds operates more than 350 restaurants in California. The lawsuit, alleging fraudulent and unfair business practices, was filed on behalf of California consumers who have eaten McDonalds fries in the past four years and are concerned about the consumption of dairy or wheat products for health, moral or philosophical reasons.Among her requests of the court, Sugich asked that the class be reimbursed for their French fry purchases.

(© 2006 CBS Broadcasting Inc. . This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Peter H

Win a BlackBerry device from O2 with . Enter now. To send an email to -

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

hi fraggle,

when my husband and I travelled across the united states by car.

from ny to california.

I was not yet vegan, but on my way to becoming one and

was trying to desperately to not get desperate and eat

something that I wouldn't have to.

many times we had stopped at a mcdonalds drive by

and got some fries to hold us over till we found

a decent resturant.

I really was naive and thought that they were just fried

in vegetable oil.

What's more.. We actually asked the person selling them if

they were fried in vegetable oil and she said yes.

There are many small towns in the US, where it is almost

impossible to be a vegan. And the closest thing to

being healthy is eating a salad at Mcdonalds.

it is almost like Mcdonalds is being forced to offer healthy foods now.

WTF?

wot are you thinking?

remember the law suit?!

sheesh

Guest guest

Have you seen whats on their carrot sticks? The Valley Vegan............Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: hi fraggle,when my husband and I travelled across the united states by car.from ny to california.I was not yet vegan, but on my way to becoming one and was trying to desperately to not get desperate and eat something that I wouldn't have to. many times we had stopped at a mcdonalds drive by and got some fries to hold us over till we found a decent resturant. I really was naive and thought that they were just fried in vegetable oil.What's more.. We actually asked the person selling them if they were fried in vegetable oil and she said yes.There are many small towns in the US, where it is almost impossible to be a vegan. And

the closest thing to being healthy is eating a salad at Mcdonalds.it is almost like Mcdonalds is being forced to offer healthy foods now.but...this time....if yer a veganWTF?why would you be going to McDonalds?wot are you thinking?wot sizerock do you live underMcDonalds french fries aren't vegan..never have beenremember the law suit?!sheeshTo send an email to -