Guest guest

I had a bad day yesterday - well most of it was good but we went to

the pub before going to the Spring Equinox celebration. We have eaten

at this pub four times now. The landlord has three children who are

all vegetarian, and he has answered all questions knowledgeably. His

veggie sausages are vegan. We ordered yesterday, vegan sausages,

bubble and squeak and chutney. I was busy chatting away when they

came, and tucked in - one mouthful of sausage and ......... it was

pig! The person who wrote the order did not put 'veggie sausage'.

At first I was disgusted, and it really spoiled my day. I was quite

tearful on and off for the rest of the afternoon.

Jo

Guest guest

Hi Jo

I don't blame you one bit! That alone is enough to destroy your

balance.

I'm sorry you went through that!

BB

Nikki

, " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork

wrote:

>

> I had a bad day yesterday - well most of it was good but we went

to

> the pub before going to the Spring Equinox celebration. We have

eaten

> at this pub four times now. The landlord has three children who

are

> all vegetarian, and he has answered all questions knowledgeably.

His

> veggie sausages are vegan. We ordered yesterday, vegan sausages,

> bubble and squeak and chutney. I was busy chatting away when they

> came, and tucked in - one mouthful of sausage and ......... it was

> pig! The person who wrote the order did not put 'veggie sausage'.

>

> At first I was disgusted, and it really spoiled my day. I was

quite

> tearful on and off for the rest of the afternoon.

>

> Jo

>

Guest guest

did you put a complant in bout this ??? hope you never vist that pub again earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Hi JoI don't blame you one bit! That alone is enough to destroy your balance.I'm sorry you went through that!BBNikki , "heartwerk" <jo.heartwork wrote:>> I had a bad day yesterday - well most of it was good but we went to > the pub before going to the Spring Equinox celebration. We have eaten > at this pub four times now. The landlord has three children who are > all vegetarian, and he has answered all questions knowledgeably. His > veggie sausages are vegan. We ordered yesterday, vegan sausages, > bubble and squeak and chutney. I

was busy chatting away when they > came, and tucked in - one mouthful of sausage and ......... it was > pig! The person who wrote the order did not put 'veggie sausage'.> > At first I was disgusted, and it really spoiled my day. I was quite > tearful on and off for the rest of the afternoon. > > Jo>

Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo.

Guest guest

Thanks Nikki

I feel better today, but it wasn't a nice thing to happen.

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <earthstorm

Monday, March 20, 2006 12:27 PM

Re: Bad day

> Hi Jo

>

> I don't blame you one bit! That alone is enough to destroy your

> balance.

>

> I'm sorry you went through that!

>

> BB

> Nikki

Guest guest

Hi Jo, thats realy awful........sorry to hear it, I hope they apologised, and gave you the odd drink or two free? On the subject of vegan sausages, I bought some Sosmix to make sausage rolls, they were awful, I might as well have rolled sawdust in puff pastry! totally tasteless stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The Valley Vegan......................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: I had a bad day yesterday - well most of it was good but we went to the pub before going to the Spring Equinox celebration. We have eaten at this pub four times now. The landlord has three children who are all vegetarian, and he has answered all questions knowledgeably. His veggie sausages are vegan. We ordered yesterday, vegan sausages, bubble and squeak and chutney. I

was busy chatting away when they came, and tucked in - one mouthful of sausage and ......... it was pig! The person who wrote the order did not put 'veggie sausage'.At first I was disgusted, and it really spoiled my day. I was quite tearful on and off for the rest of the afternoon. JoTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Thanks Peter - they did apologise profusely. I know it was a mistake - and normally I would probably have noticed before I had a mouthful. Oh well, no point on dwelling on it I suppose :-(

With regard to the Sosmix - I think they have changed it recently. We used it sometimes a few years ago, and it was reasonable - but it did get drier after a while. I reckon they changed the recipe. Have you tried Frys sausages? They are quite tasty, and no hydrogenated fat etc.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Monday, March 20, 2006 7:00 PM

Re: Bad day

Hi Jo, thats realy awful........sorry to hear it, I hope they apologised, and gave you the odd drink or two free?

On the subject of vegan sausages, I bought some Sosmix to make sausage rolls, they were awful, I might as well have rolled sawdust in puff pastry! totally tasteless stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Valley Vegan......................

Guest guest

try addin some hubs to the sosmix . thats how i do sausage rolls stottpeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Hi Jo, thats realy awful........sorry to hear it, I hope they apologised, and gave you the odd drink or two free? On the subject of vegan sausages, I bought some Sosmix to make sausage rolls, they were awful, I might as well have rolled sawdust in puff pastry! totally tasteless stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The Valley Vegan......................heartwerk

<jo.heartwork wrote: I had a bad day yesterday - well most of it was good but we went to the pub before going to the Spring Equinox celebration. We have eaten at this pub four times now. The landlord has three children who are all vegetarian, and he has answered all questions knowledgeably. His veggie sausages are vegan. We ordered yesterday, vegan sausages, bubble and squeak and chutney. I was busy chatting away when they came, and tucked in - one mouthful of sausage and ......... it was pig! The person who wrote the order did not put 'veggie sausage'.At first I was disgusted, and it really spoiled my day. I was quite tearful on and off for the rest of the afternoon. JoTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Sorry to appear ignorant, but what are hubs? The Valley Vegan...................louis stott <lsstott wrote: try addin some hubs to the sosmix . thats how i do sausage rolls stottpeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Hi Jo, thats realy awful........sorry to hear it, I hope they apologised, and gave you the odd drink or two free? On the subject of vegan sausages, I bought some Sosmix to make

sausage rolls, they were awful, I might as well have rolled sawdust in puff pastry! totally tasteless stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The Valley Vegan......................Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail