so much for Tom's of Maine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Tom's of Maine, the popular maker of a variety of natural and organic body care

products, has agreed to be bought out by the Colgate-Palmolive Company for $100

million. Although in past years Tom's of Maine has made negative comments about

Colgate's use of artificial ingredients in its toothpastes, co-founder Tom

Chappell claims " We have a commitment from Colgate that our formulas will not be

tampered with. " Colgate says it can help Tom's of Maine increase sales and

distribution in the current fast-growing $3 billion US market for natural

oral-care and personal products.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/toms060326.cfm

" NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may

have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this

without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor

protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President. "

Guest guest

the tube of toothpaste called toms of maine says on it

NOt tested on animals, no animals ingredients.

with Colgate being their parent company, who heavily tests on

animals.....

I will no longer buy their toothpaste.

they will loose customers, vegan customers like me, who I suspect

where a good part of their customers.

Sell out!

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> Tom's of Maine, the popular maker of a variety of natural and

organic body care products, has agreed to be bought out by the

Colgate-Palmolive Company for $100 million. Although in past years

Tom's of Maine has made negative comments about Colgate's use of

artificial ingredients in its toothpastes, co-founder Tom Chappell

claims " We have a commitment from Colgate that our formulas will not

be tampered with. " Colgate says it can help Tom's of Maine increase

sales and distribution in the current fast-growing $3 billion US

market for natural oral-care and personal products.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/toms060326.cfm

>

Guest guest

> Tom's of Maine, the popular maker of a variety of natural and organic body

care products, has agreed to be bought out by >the Colgate-Palmolive Company

for $100 million.

Oh great - first Body Shop, now Tom's. Where the heck am I supposed to get

my toiletries from now???

BB

Peter

Guest guest

yer correct with that....

looks like JASON er desert essence from now on....

kinda sux..as Toms was available almost everywhere...

>Anouk Sickler <zurumato

>Mar 29, 2006 6:26 PM

>

> Re: so much for Tom's of Maine

>

>

>the tube of toothpaste called toms of maine says on it

>

>NOt tested on animals, no animals ingredients.

>

>with Colgate being their parent company, who heavily tests on

>animals.....

>I will no longer buy their toothpaste.

>

>they will loose customers, vegan customers like me, who I suspect

>where a good part of their customers.

>

>

>Sell out!

>

>

> , fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>>

>> Tom's of Maine, the popular maker of a variety of natural and

>organic body care products, has agreed to be bought out by the

>Colgate-Palmolive Company for $100 million. Although in past years

>Tom's of Maine has made negative comments about Colgate's use of

>artificial ingredients in its toothpastes, co-founder Tom Chappell

>claims " We have a commitment from Colgate that our formulas will not

>be tampered with. " Colgate says it can help Tom's of Maine increase

>sales and distribution in the current fast-growing $3 billion US

>market for natural oral-care and personal products.

>http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/toms060326.cfm

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

I try different toothpastes from the health shop, vegan ones obviously. The only Tom of Maine's item we use is the deoderant. I like Jason products.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:26 PM

Re: Re: so much for Tom's of Maine

I use Jason toothpaste, bloody expensive though, what about the rest of you guys?

The Valley Vegan..............

Guest guest

recycling bin?

*runs*

>Peter <metalscarab

>Mar 30, 2006 8:33 AM

>

>Re: so much for Tom's of Maine

>

>Oh great - first Body Shop, now Tom's. Where the heck am I supposed to get

>my toiletries from now???

>

>BB

>Peter

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Is that a serious question? there are loads of alternatives, if you do realy want to know I can advise The Valley Vegan................Peter <metalscarab wrote: > Tom's of Maine, the popular maker of a variety of natural and organic bodycare products, has agreed to be bought out by >the Colgate-Palmolive Companyfor $100 million.Oh great - first Body Shop, now Tom's. Where the heck am I supposed to getmy toiletries from now???BBPeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

i bye all mine online .do you need list ?Peter <metalscarab wrote: > Tom's of Maine, the popular maker of a variety of natural and organic bodycare products, has agreed to be bought out by >the Colgate-Palmolive Companyfor $100 million.Oh great - first Body Shop, now Tom's. Where the heck am I supposed to getmy toiletries from now???BBPeter

Win a BlackBerry device from O2 with . Enter now.

Guest guest

sometimes tom uses propolis in some tooth paste? derived from bees if my memory is working today... i was fooled once... maybe they have changed.

-

Anouk Sickler

Thursday, March 30, 2006 2:26 PM

Re: so much for Tom's of Maine

the tube of toothpaste called toms of maine says on it NOt tested on animals, no animals ingredients. with Colgate being their parent company, who heavily tests on animals.....I will no longer buy their toothpaste.they will loose customers, vegan customers like me, who I suspectwhere a good part of their customers. Sell out! , fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:>> Tom's of Maine, the popular maker of a variety of natural andorganic body care products, has agreed to be bought out by theColgate-Palmolive Company for $100 million. Although in past yearsTom's of Maine has made negative comments about Colgate's use ofartificial ingredients in its toothpastes, co-founder Tom Chappellclaims "We have a commitment from Colgate that our formulas will notbe tampered with." Colgate says it can help Tom's of Maine increasesales and distribution in the current fast-growing $3 billion USmarket for natural oral-care and personal products.http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/toms060326.cfm>

Guest guest

hiya i would like to add to this if i may ? where the ingredients says this .... not tested on animals et etc etc do you belive it ? Colin Sky <colinsky wrote: sometimes tom uses propolis in some tooth paste? derived from bees if my memory is working today... i was fooled once... maybe they have changed. - Anouk Sickler Thursday, March 30, 2006 2:26 PM Re: so much for Tom's of Maine the tube of toothpaste called toms of maine says on it NOt tested on animals, no animals ingredients. with Colgate being their parent company, who heavily tests on animals.....I will no longer buy their toothpaste.they will loose customers, vegan customers like me, who I suspectwhere a good part of their customers. Sell out! , fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:>> Tom's of Maine, the popular maker of a variety of natural andorganic body care products, has agreed to be bought out by theColgate-Palmolive Company for

$100 million. Although in past yearsTom's of Maine has made negative comments about Colgate's use ofartificial ingredients in its toothpastes, co-founder Tom Chappellclaims "We have a commitment from Colgate that our formulas will notbe tampered with." Colgate says it can help Tom's of Maine increasesales and distribution in the current fast-growing $3 billion USmarket for natural oral-care and personal products.http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/toms060326.cfm>

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

yes..before...toms of maine didn't test on animals

but..now that they are going to be purchased by a company that does test on animals...well

wot i think is going t ohappen...

the exact Tom's brands won't be tested on animals..they'll just use a colgate brand thats similiar....

then they can still claim "see, not tested on animals..." louis stott Mar 31, 2006 2:03 AM Re: Re: so much for Tom's of Maine

hiya

i would like to add to this if i may ?

where the ingredients says this .... not tested on animals et etc etc do you belive it ? Colin Sky <colinsky wrote:

sometimes tom uses propolis in some tooth paste? derived from bees if my memory is working today... i was fooled once... maybe they have changed.

-

Anouk Sickler

the tube of toothpaste called toms of maine says on it NOt tested on animals, no animals ingredients. with Colgate being their parent company, who heavily tests on animals.....I will no longer buy their toothpaste.they will loose customers, vegan customers like me, who I suspectwhere a good part of their customers. Sell out! , fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:>> Tom's of Maine, the popular maker of a variety of natural andorganic body care products, has agreed to be bought out by theColgate-Palmolive Company for $100 million. Although in past yearsTom's of Maine has made negative comments about Colgate's use ofartificial ingredients in its toothpastes, co-founder Tom Chappellclaims "We have a commitment from Colgate that our formulas will notbe tampered with." Colgate says it can help Tom's of Maine increasesales and distribution in the current fast-growing $3 billion USmarket for natural oral-care and personal products.http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/toms060326.cfm>

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. To send an email to -

Guest guest

yes..some of their toothpastes used propolis....not all..a couple...

propolis is a resin or sap bees collect from certain trees to line their brood cells in the hive..... Colin Sky Mar 30, 2006 9:52 PM Re: Re: so much for Tom's of Maine

-

Anouk Sickler

the tube of toothpaste called toms of maine says on it NOt tested on animals, no animals ingredients. with Colgate being their parent company, who heavily tests on animals.....I will no longer buy their toothpaste.they will loose customers, vegan customers like me, who I suspectwhere a good part of their customers. Sell out! , fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:>> Tom's of Maine, the popular maker of a variety of natural andorganic body care products, has agreed to be bought out by theColgate-Palmolive Company for $100 million. Although in past yearsTom's of Maine has made negative comments about Colgate's use ofartificial ingredients in its toothpastes, co-founder Tom Chappellclaims "We have a commitment from Colgate that our formulas will notbe tampered with." Colgate says it can help Tom's of Maine increasesales and distribution in the current fast-growing $3 billion USmarket for natural oral-care and personal products.http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/toms060326.cfm> To send an email to -

Guest guest

Some of their products do contain propolis, but are they labelled vegan? I doubt it. The Valley Vegan.............Colin Sky <colinsky wrote: sometimes tom uses propolis in some tooth paste? derived from bees if my memory is working today... i was fooled once... maybe they have changed. - Anouk Sickler Thursday, March 30, 2006 2:26 PM Re: so much for Tom's of Maine the tube of toothpaste called toms of maine says on it NOt tested on animals, no animals ingredients. with Colgate being their parent company, who heavily tests on animals.....I will no longer buy their toothpaste.they will loose customers, vegan customers like me, who I suspectwhere a good part of their customers. Sell out! , fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:>> Tom's of Maine, the popular maker of a variety of natural andorganic body care products, has agreed to be bought out by theColgate-Palmolive Company for $100

million. Although in past yearsTom's of Maine has made negative comments about Colgate's use ofartificial ingredients in its toothpastes, co-founder Tom Chappellclaims "We have a commitment from Colgate that our formulas will notbe tampered with." Colgate says it can help Tom's of Maine increasesales and distribution in the current fast-growing $3 billion USmarket for natural oral-care and personal products.http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/toms060326.cfm> Peter H

Cars NEW - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars online search now

Guest guest

i don't think they label any of their products here as vegan.... peter hurd Mar 31, 2006 9:23 AM Re: Re: so much for Tom's of Maine

Some of their products do contain propolis, but are they labelled vegan? I doubt it.

The Valley Vegan.............Colin Sky <colinsky wrote:

-

Anouk Sickler

Peter H

Cars NEW - sell your car and browse thousands of new and used cars online search now

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> Is that a serious question? there are loads of alternatives, if you do realy want to know I can advise

Not really - I've just got used to buying the same stuff every time I needed it, which was largely Body Shop & Toms. I just need to look around again...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Louis

>i would like to add to this if i may ?

>where the ingredients says this .... not tested on animals et etc etc do you belive it ?

Bearing in mind that it would put their entire business at risk if they sold products which lied on the packages (potential punishments include prison sentences for directors, and the removal of trading licenses by Trading Standards), I'd say there's a high probability that it's true.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

even the governments openly lie to the people... truth is becoming a thing swept under the table of modernity it seems...

-

louis stott

Friday, March 31, 2006 10:03 PM

Re: Re: so much for Tom's of Maine

hiya

i would like to add to this if i may ?

where the ingredients says this .... not tested on animals et etc etc do you belive it ? Colin Sky <colinsky wrote:

-

Anouk Sickler

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.