was more spices anyhow. I did make one attempt but it was sort of

bland. I mixed it in with marinara and no one noticed though =X. My

husband horribly misses sausage (well meat in general but I can find

really good vegan fakes for everything but sausage)and I've been

trying to come up with a tasty vegan breakfast sausage. I'm lucky the

supermarkets around me bother to carry Boca Burgers (and that's

probably for the dieters more than the veggies lol). I've bought the

non vegan type for my husband and he really didn't like them. Said

he'd rather go without. I'm hoping to remedy that for him though!

TIA and hi everyone!

Mary

Guest guest

Welcome Mary, hope you enjoy the group. Sorry cant help with your query, as I dont worship seitan..................... sorry couldnt resist. The Valley Vegan...........Mary <momto3princes04 wrote: Hi!I'm Mary, I live in Connecticut. I've been a vegetarian for over 2 years and a vegan for around 2 months. I don't know anyone else, personally, who is a vegetarian. :( I know lots of people through message boards or online though. This seems like a *very* active group but I'll try to participate when I can! The rest of my family is omni =( but they eat veggie at home (my kids still consume some dairy seeing as how they hate soy milk, not that I blame them) and my husband practically eats vegan all the time seeing as how I make his lunches most of the

time.;)He still eats meat when we go to restaurants which is rare at best. Onto my question:I'm not sure if there is anyplace on here where you all list recipes so excuse my ignorance if I've missed it but I was wondering if anyone on here is experienced with making your own seitan? More to the point, maybe making a seitan sausage? It seems to me that sausage was more spices anyhow. I did make one attempt but it was sort of bland. I mixed it in with marinara and no one noticed though =X. My husband horribly misses sausage (well meat in general but I can find really good vegan fakes for everything but sausage)and I've been trying to come up with a tasty vegan breakfast sausage. I'm lucky the supermarkets around me bother to carry Boca Burgers (and that's probably for the dieters more than the veggies lol). I've bought the non vegan type for my husband and he really didn't like them. Said he'd rather go without. I'm

hoping to remedy that for him though!TIA and hi everyone!Mary

Guest guest

hiya and wecome to the group are you askin for where to bye them from ? or do you wont to make them yourself ? peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Welcome Mary, hope you enjoy the group. Sorry cant help with your query, as I dont worship seitan..................... sorry couldnt resist. The Valley Vegan...........Mary <momto3princes04 wrote: Hi!I'm Mary, I live in Connecticut. I've been a vegetarian for over 2 years and a vegan for around 2 months. I don't know anyone else, personally, who is a vegetarian. :( I know lots of people through message boards or online though. This seems like a

*very* active group but I'll try to participate when I can! The rest of my family is omni =( but they eat veggie at home (my kids still consume some dairy seeing as how they hate soy milk, not that I blame them) and my husband practically eats vegan all the time seeing as how I make his lunches most of the time.;)He still eats meat when we go to restaurants which is rare at best. Onto my question:I'm not sure if there is anyplace on here where you all list recipes so excuse my ignorance if I've missed it but I was wondering if anyone on here is experienced with making your own seitan? More to the point, maybe making a seitan sausage? It seems to me that sausage was more spices anyhow. I did make one attempt but it was sort of bland. I mixed it in with marinara and no one noticed though =X. My husband horribly misses sausage (well meat in general but I can find really good vegan fakes for everything but sausage)and

I've been trying to come up with a tasty vegan breakfast sausage. I'm lucky the supermarkets around me bother to carry Boca Burgers (and that's probably for the dieters more than the veggies lol). I've bought the non vegan type for my husband and he really didn't like them. Said he'd rather go without. I'm hoping to remedy that for him though!TIA and hi everyone!Mary

Guest guest

Hi Mary

Welcome to the list

> I'm not sure if there is anyplace on here where you all list recipes

There hasn't been - but it's a great idea.... and people should feel free to

put recipes into the " files " section on . There have been loads

posted here in the past, so it may be worth searching through the old

messages to see what you can find :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

welcome mary

we had some members on here that lived in the nutmeg state...but..they've gone

quiet...

http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm

you can also go to vegweb.com and look up seitan

cheers!

fraggle

>Mary <momto3princes04

>May 13, 2006 11:06 AM

>

> Intro and a question

>

>Hi!

>I'm Mary, I live in Connecticut. I've been a vegetarian for over 2

>years and a vegan for around 2 months. I don't know anyone else,

>personally, who is a vegetarian. :( I know lots of people through

>message boards or online though. This seems like a *very* active

>group but I'll try to participate when I can! The rest of my family

>is omni =( but they eat veggie at home (my kids still consume some

>dairy seeing as how they hate soy milk, not that I blame them) and my

>husband practically eats vegan all the time seeing as how I make his

>lunches most of the time.;)He still eats meat when we go to

>restaurants which is rare at best.

>Onto my question:

>I'm not sure if there is anyplace on here where you all list recipes

>so excuse my ignorance if I've missed it but I was wondering if

>anyone on here is experienced with making your own seitan? More to

>the point, maybe making a seitan sausage? It seems to me that sausage

>was more spices anyhow. I did make one attempt but it was sort of

>bland. I mixed it in with marinara and no one noticed though =X. My

>husband horribly misses sausage (well meat in general but I can find

>really good vegan fakes for everything but sausage)and I've been

>trying to come up with a tasty vegan breakfast sausage. I'm lucky the

>supermarkets around me bother to carry Boca Burgers (and that's

>probably for the dieters more than the veggies lol). I've bought the

>non vegan type for my husband and he really didn't like them. Said

>he'd rather go without. I'm hoping to remedy that for him though!

>TIA and hi everyone!

>Mary

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Gentle World's book Incredibly Delicious is an incredible read especially for americans. for me it is the vegan bible of american raw food and cooking.

as a vegan chef tutor it is a great reference book. i have tasted seitan at their place one time. they live in nz for our summer and are good friends. this is not why i recommend the book though. it really is a phenomenal reference read.

peace

colin

get it for great vegan food ideas, delicious, cakes, milks, mains, ideas, salads... though u should email them from where...

gentle world

gentle

-

Mary

Sunday, May 14, 2006 6:06 AM

Intro and a question

Hi!I'm Mary, I live in Connecticut. I've been a vegetarian for over 2 years and a vegan for around 2 months. I don't know anyone else, personally, who is a vegetarian. :( I know lots of people through message boards or online though. This seems like a *very* active group but I'll try to participate when I can! The rest of my family is omni =( but they eat veggie at home (my kids still consume some dairy seeing as how they hate soy milk, not that I blame them) and my husband practically eats vegan all the time seeing as how I make his lunches most of the time.;)He still eats meat when we go to restaurants which is rare at best. Onto my question:I'm not sure if there is anyplace on here where you all list recipes so excuse my ignorance if I've missed it but I was wondering if anyone on here is experienced with making your own seitan? More to the point, maybe making a seitan sausage? It seems to me that sausage was more spices anyhow. I did make one attempt but it was sort of bland. I mixed it in with marinara and no one noticed though =X. My husband horribly misses sausage (well meat in general but I can find really good vegan fakes for everything but sausage)and I've been trying to come up with a tasty vegan breakfast sausage. I'm lucky the supermarkets around me bother to carry Boca Burgers (and that's probably for the dieters more than the veggies lol). I've bought the non vegan type for my husband and he really didn't like them. Said he'd rather go without. I'm hoping to remedy that for him though!TIA and hi everyone!Mary

Guest guest

Thank you Colin. Tell Mary about sunny milk since they don't like soy milk. Also cashew, almond or brazil milk. Our recipe book is for sunny milk but you can substitute it for other nuts.

Lots of aloha,

SummerGentle World.

-

Colin Sky

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:03 AM

Re: Intro and a question

Gentle World's book Incredibly Delicious is an incredible read especially for americans. for me it is the vegan bible of american raw food and cooking.

as a vegan chef tutor it is a great reference book. i have tasted seitan at their place one time. they live in nz for our summer and are good friends. this is not why i recommend the book though. it really is a phenomenal reference read.

peace

colin

get it for great vegan food ideas, delicious, cakes, milks, mains, ideas, salads... though u should email them from where...

gentle world

gentle

-

Mary

Sunday, May 14, 2006 6:06 AM

Intro and a question

Hi!I'm Mary, I live in Connecticut. I've been a vegetarian for over 2 years and a vegan for around 2 months. I don't know anyone else, personally, who is a vegetarian. :( I know lots of people through message boards or online though. This seems like a *very* active group but I'll try to participate when I can! The rest of my family is omni =( but they eat veggie at home (my kids still consume some dairy seeing as how they hate soy milk, not that I blame them) and my husband practically eats vegan all the time seeing as how I make his lunches most of the time.;)He still eats meat when we go to restaurants which is rare at best. Onto my question:I'm not sure if there is anyplace on here where you all list recipes so excuse my ignorance if I've missed it but I was wondering if anyone on here is experienced with making your own seitan? More to the point, maybe making a seitan sausage? It seems to me that sausage was more spices anyhow. I did make one attempt but it was sort of bland. I mixed it in with marinara and no one noticed though =X. My husband horribly misses sausage (well meat in general but I can find really good vegan fakes for everything but sausage)and I've been trying to come up with a tasty vegan breakfast sausage. I'm lucky the supermarkets around me bother to carry Boca Burgers (and that's probably for the dieters more than the veggies lol). I've bought the non vegan type for my husband and he really didn't like them. Said he'd rather go without. I'm hoping to remedy that for him though!TIA and hi everyone!Mary

Guest guest

Hi Mary and WELCOME!

I've been a bit MIA lately so sorry for the late reply.

I know there are a ton of recipes that have been posted here and you

could probably find a lot of them by searching the message digests.

Otherwise, my fav website for recipes is www.vegweb.com.

Nikki :)

, " Mary " <momto3princes04

wrote:

>

> Hi!

> I'm Mary, I live in Connecticut. I've been a vegetarian for over 2

> years and a vegan for around 2 months. I don't know anyone else,

> personally, who is a vegetarian. :( I know lots of people through

> message boards or online though. This seems like a *very* active

> group but I'll try to participate when I can! The rest of my

family

> is omni =( but they eat veggie at home (my kids still consume some

> dairy seeing as how they hate soy milk, not that I blame them) and

my

> husband practically eats vegan all the time seeing as how I make

his

> lunches most of the time.;)He still eats meat when we go to

> restaurants which is rare at best.

> Onto my question:

> I'm not sure if there is anyplace on here where you all list

recipes

> so excuse my ignorance if I've missed it but I was wondering if

> anyone on here is experienced with making your own seitan? More to

> the point, maybe making a seitan sausage? It seems to me that

sausage

> was more spices anyhow. I did make one attempt but it was sort of

> bland. I mixed it in with marinara and no one noticed though =X.

My

> husband horribly misses sausage (well meat in general but I can

find

> really good vegan fakes for everything but sausage)and I've been

> trying to come up with a tasty vegan breakfast sausage. I'm lucky

the

> supermarkets around me bother to carry Boca Burgers (and that's

> probably for the dieters more than the veggies lol). I've bought

the

> non vegan type for my husband and he really didn't like them. Said

> he'd rather go without. I'm hoping to remedy that for him though!

> TIA and hi everyone!

> Mary

>