IndiaDivine.org

too much garden

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

soo much to dooooooooooooo

corn and maters are finally taking off...maters are already flowering, tho i might clip these first ones so the plants can put more energy into a root system now....

zucchini and squashes seem to be doing well..

eggplant and others are still just sitting there....

towhees are destroying me bean and pea crops tho

:(

oh..a towhee is a thrushlike bird over here...they keep digging up all the sprouts...lil monsters...

also need to trim back the grapevines, as a good portion of them be dead

should have a good crop of plums in about a month tho....

do you have a clothes dryer, er access to one?

if so, grab the lint out of the trap, and place it around any plants bugged by slugs/snails....they often times won't like the dryer lint, and will avoid the plant...has to be redone all the time tho, as soon as the dryer lint gets soggy, its worthless

peter hurd May 17, 2006 9:59 AM Re: Re: too much#$* & ^

Spot on my friend.Hows your garden now?

It is chucking it down here at the moment, the slugs and snails are loving it!

The Valley Vegan.................

What's gonna happen when the buses don't run

and what's gonna happen when the, winter comes

what are you gonna do,

what are you gonna do

when the oil runs out?

Guest guest

Why dont you put up some netting to stop tyhe birds? I like the idea of lint, but with our weather it would be useless after about 10 minutes, its raining Ren & Stimpys over here! The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: soo much to dooooooooooooo corn and maters are finally taking off...maters are already flowering, tho i might clip these first ones so the plants can put more energy into a root system now.... zucchini and squashes seem to be doing well.. eggplant and others are still just sitting there.... towhees are destroying me bean and pea crops tho :( oh..a towhee is a thrushlike bird over here...they keep digging up

all the sprouts...lil monsters... also need to trim back the grapevines, as a good portion of them be dead should have a good crop of plums in about a month tho.... do you have a clothes dryer, er access to one? if so, grab the lint out of the trap, and place it around any plants bugged by slugs/snails....they often times won't like the dryer lint, and will avoid the plant...has to be redone all the time tho, as soon as the dryer lint gets soggy, its worthless peter hurd May 17, 2006 9:59 AM Re: Re: too much#$* & ^ Spot on my friend.Hows your garden now? It is chucking

it down here at the moment, the slugs and snails are loving it! The Valley Vegan................. What's gonna happen when the buses don't run and what's gonna happen when the, winter comes what are you gonna do, what are you gonna do when the oil runs out?Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

How about sprinkling some cayenne pepper to deter our sluggy pals?

do you have a place to remove them to?

lay down some boards er flower pots, they snails and slugs will hide under those, then just find em, pick em up, and move em somewhere else...

takes awhile..but eventually you'll put a dent in the population

as fer netting...just have no extra cash at the moment to get any...rent is due in two weeks..so have to make sure we have almost $1800 to pay that, and bills, and all that other stuff

whee fun

peter hurd May 17, 2006 10:20 AM Re: Re: too much garden

Why dont you put up some netting to stop tyhe birds?

I like the idea of lint, but with our weather it would be useless after about 10 minutes, its raining Ren & Stimpys over here!

The Valley Vegan................

What's gonna happen when the buses don't run

what are you gonna do,

what are you gonna do

when the oil runs out?

Guest guest

I think they do have quite a range. I have heard that you should take them about a quarter of a mile, or the other side of a stream.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:32 PM

Re: Re: too much garden

Cayenne, prolly get washed away too, I just stick to my trusted method of launching them two doors up to their garden, or in the mornings, throwing them onto my garage roof for the birds ( I know, I know evil little me )

I wonder wht range the slimy ones have, are they all coming back? that might explain it!

The Valley Vegan...........

Guest guest

i have 10 million slugs and snails in my garden and i protect them all. they usually will only eat weaker plants... eg. young seedlings with immature root systems. cabbages they only eat the outside leaves. ( tip. harden off small plants before planting out)

learn to live with slugs n snails. i do. they are sacred creatures.

okay u will lose a bit... but learn why... honestly, we can out think them... i have...

this post is true. i brought 10 truck load of rocks to my garden to terrace it.(20 years ago ) each rock has a couple of slugs and snails.

my cabbages are doing well have not lost any this season. my lettuces are fine. in fact we really are one happy family.

my father could never understand how i could grow cabbages unharmed. he used slug killer and was out at night with his torch killing them... he could not raise a cabbage to save his life. slugs and snails HATED him.

if u are an unkind killer... terrorist will show no mercy. if u are a compassionate person, terrorist will be your friend. someone tell bush.

peace

col

-

fraggle

Thursday, May 18, 2006 5:26 AM

Re: Re: too much garden

How about sprinkling some cayenne pepper to deter our sluggy pals?

do you have a place to remove them to?

lay down some boards er flower pots, they snails and slugs will hide under those, then just find em, pick em up, and move em somewhere else...

takes awhile..but eventually you'll put a dent in the population

as fer netting...just have no extra cash at the moment to get any...rent is due in two weeks..so have to make sure we have almost $1800 to pay that, and bills, and all that other stuff

whee fun

peter hurd May 17, 2006 10:20 AM Re: Re: too much garden

Why dont you put up some netting to stop tyhe birds?

I like the idea of lint, but with our weather it would be useless after about 10 minutes, its raining Ren & Stimpys over here!

The Valley Vegan................What's gonna happen when the buses don't run

what are you gonna do,

what are you gonna do

when the oil runs out?

Guest guest

Colin, where abouts do you live? Does it have the same weather as the U.K., nah didnt think so, is your garden only 10 paces by 7? nah didnt think so. That is why I dont welcome the blighters...................... The Valley Vegan..............Colin Sky <colinsky wrote: i have 10 million slugs and snails in my garden and i protect them all. they usually will only eat weaker plants... eg. young seedlings with immature root systems. cabbages they only eat the outside leaves. ( tip. harden off small plants before planting out) learn to live with slugs n snails. i do. they are sacred

creatures. okay u will lose a bit... but learn why... honestly, we can out think them... i have... this post is true. i brought 10 truck load of rocks to my garden to terrace it.(20 years ago ) each rock has a couple of slugs and snails. my cabbages are doing well have not lost any this season. my lettuces are fine. in fact we really are one happy family. my father could never understand how i could grow cabbages unharmed. he used slug killer and was out at night with his torch killing them... he could not raise a cabbage to save his life. slugs and snails HATED him. if u are an unkind killer... terrorist will show no mercy. if u are a compassionate person, terrorist will be your friend. someone tell bush. peace col - fraggle Thursday, May 18, 2006 5:26 AM Re: Re: too much garden How about sprinkling some cayenne pepper to deter our sluggy pals? do you have a place to remove them to? lay down some boards er flower pots, they snails and slugs will hide under those, then just find em, pick em up, and move em somewhere else... takes awhile..but eventually you'll put a dent in the population as fer netting...just have no extra cash at the moment to get any...rent is due in two weeks..so have to make sure we have almost $1800 to pay that, and bills, and all that other stuff whee fun peter hurd May 17,

2006 10:20 AM Re: Re: too much garden Why dont you put up some netting to stop tyhe birds? I like the idea of lint, but with our weather it would be useless after about 10 minutes, its raining Ren & Stimpys over here! The Valley Vegan................What's gonna happen when the buses don't run and what's gonna happen when the, winter comes what are you gonna do, what are you gonna do when the oil runs out?Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.