Guest guest

Guest guest

so, last nite, we finished packing up the last of my crap at my old place

(now just have to move it all!)

rebecca wants to go out to eat

and we do the usual of " well, what do you want? " " i don't know, what do you

want? " for 20 minutes....

ah the trauma of having choices...

anyways...so, we decide on new world vegetarian...

its near our new place in dowtown oakland

now..i've prolly been there maybe a dozen times over the years...both in its

current form, and its old incranation as the Bode Vege House..

and...you would think by now, i would have learned

i've RARELY had a good meal there...

now..the place is nice....pretty inside..old building..lotsa space...decorated

and all that

and, for once, waitstaff was attentive and quick(in the past, we literally got

waited on once, and never saw em again ti l the check came)

but...guess i'd forgotten wot it could be like

the menu is..ecclectic....

runs the gamut from curries to brazilian to gumbo to asian foods....

yet...almost everything i've ever had their, has been disappointing...

and, its pricey...entrees run about $12......

so..last nite...it took me awhile..couldn't decide between several dishes, like

bbq faux chicken, gumbo, er a clay pot...

ended up getting spicy garlic eggplant and tofu....

came with a big thing of rice...and was all in a *spicy sauce* with carrots,

onions, and..some sorta green..not sure wot that was...

and it was..well...yuk!

it was uniformily bland.....

the eggplant, which was huge chunks fried with garlic and sauce..tasted about as

good as soaked paper towels..

the tofu was pretty tasteless as well

and the sauce...it tasted like burnt onions and water.....

i also gambled and had a vegan thai iced tea....because in the past they had

made me sick there...this time it was ok....

rebecca ordered the taquitos.....

which came with black beans, salad, salsas and spanish rice

the toquitos weren't...bad..jsut not worth the $13...the had mashed potatoes in

em...sorta strange..but ok

the rice and beans were dry...

and she accidently knocked the salsa and hot sauce over into her salad...ruinin

it...

all in all, it was a pretty bad meal...

the best was the desert....we shared a large slice of coconut sour cream vegan

cake....that was moist and tastee..

of course..after the dinner, i might have exclaimed over a plate of sliced

oranges...

New World is also REALLY quiet....

like eating a meal in a library....or a funeral home....

ah well..live and don't learn...

What's gonna happen when the buses don't run

and what's gonna happen when the, winter comes

what are you gonna do,

what are you gonna do

when the oil runs out?

Guest guest

Wow, you two must have been pretty upset with yourselves to

purposely torture each other like that!

So when are ya going back? ;o

Sorry it was so bad Fraggle. I hope that no non-veggies go there. I

would hate for them to think that is how we eat all the time...

Nikki :)

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> so, last nite, we finished packing up the last of my crap at my

old place

> (now just have to move it all!)

> rebecca wants to go out to eat

> and we do the usual of " well, what do you want? " " i don't know,

what do you want? " for 20 minutes....

> ah the trauma of having choices...

> anyways...so, we decide on new world vegetarian...

> its near our new place in dowtown oakland

> now..i've prolly been there maybe a dozen times over the

years...both in its current form, and its old incranation as the

Bode Vege House..

> and...you would think by now, i would have learned

> i've RARELY had a good meal there...

> now..the place is nice....pretty inside..old building..lotsa

space...decorated and all that

> and, for once, waitstaff was attentive and quick(in the past, we

literally got waited on once, and never saw em again ti l the check

came)

> but...guess i'd forgotten wot it could be like

>

> the menu is..ecclectic....

> runs the gamut from curries to brazilian to gumbo to asian

foods....

> yet...almost everything i've ever had their, has been

disappointing...

> and, its pricey...entrees run about $12......

>

> so..last nite...it took me awhile..couldn't decide between several

dishes, like bbq faux chicken, gumbo, er a clay pot...

> ended up getting spicy garlic eggplant and tofu....

> came with a big thing of rice...and was all in a *spicy sauce*

with carrots, onions, and..some sorta green..not sure wot that was...

> and it was..well...yuk!

> it was uniformily bland.....

> the eggplant, which was huge chunks fried with garlic and

sauce..tasted about as good as soaked paper towels..

> the tofu was pretty tasteless as well

> and the sauce...it tasted like burnt onions and water.....

> i also gambled and had a vegan thai iced tea....because in the

past they had made me sick there...this time it was ok....

> rebecca ordered the taquitos.....

> which came with black beans, salad, salsas and spanish rice

> the toquitos weren't...bad..jsut not worth the $13...the had

mashed potatoes in em...sorta strange..but ok

> the rice and beans were dry...

> and she accidently knocked the salsa and hot sauce over into her

salad...ruinin it...

>

> all in all, it was a pretty bad meal...

> the best was the desert....we shared a large slice of coconut sour

cream vegan cake....that was moist and tastee..

> of course..after the dinner, i might have exclaimed over a plate

of sliced oranges...

>

> New World is also REALLY quiet....

> like eating a meal in a library....or a funeral home....

>

> ah well..live and don't learn...

>

>

>

>

>

> What's gonna happen when the buses don't run

> and what's gonna happen when the, winter comes

> what are you gonna do,

> what are you gonna do

> when the oil runs out?

>

Guest guest

wots funny..is the place is quite popular with the veg community around here

maybe people like bland food....

>earthstrm <earthstorm

>May 19, 2006 10:34 AM

>

> Re: ya think i would learn....

>

>Wow, you two must have been pretty upset with yourselves to

>purposely torture each other like that!

>

>So when are ya going back? ;o

>

>Sorry it was so bad Fraggle. I hope that no non-veggies go there. I

>would hate for them to think that is how we eat all the time...

>

>Nikki :)

>

>

What's gonna happen when the buses don't run

and what's gonna happen when the, winter comes

what are you gonna do,

what are you gonna do

when the oil runs out?

Guest guest

That will teach you, You forgot the most important detail....................................................................................................................... BEER, BEER, BEER The Valley Vegan.................. And what about the comfortable people who just cant go withoutthey're forever panic buying, in case things run outthey never realise what they've got, one day they will lose the lot fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: so, last nite, we finished packing up the last of my crap at my old place(now just have to move it all!)rebecca wants to go out to eatand we do the usual of "well, what do you want?""i don't know, what do you want?" for 20 minutes....ah the trauma of having choices...anyways...so, we decide

on new world vegetarian...its near our new place in dowtown oaklandnow..i've prolly been there maybe a dozen times over the years...both in its current form, and its old incranation as the Bode Vege House..and...you would think by now, i would have learnedi've RARELY had a good meal there...now..the place is nice....pretty inside..old building..lotsa space...decorated and all thatand, for once, waitstaff was attentive and quick(in the past, we literally got waited on once, and never saw em again ti l the check came)but...guess i'd forgotten wot it could be likethe menu is..ecclectic....runs the gamut from curries to brazilian to gumbo to asian foods....yet...almost everything i've ever had their, has been disappointing...and, its pricey...entrees run about $12......so..last nite...it took me awhile..couldn't decide between several dishes, like bbq faux chicken, gumbo, er a clay pot...ended up getting spicy garlic

eggplant and tofu....came with a big thing of rice...and was all in a *spicy sauce* with carrots, onions, and..some sorta green..not sure wot that was...and it was..well...yuk!it was uniformily bland.....the eggplant, which was huge chunks fried with garlic and sauce..tasted about as good as soaked paper towels..the tofu was pretty tasteless as welland the sauce...it tasted like burnt onions and water.....i also gambled and had a vegan thai iced tea....because in the past they had made me sick there...this time it was ok....rebecca ordered the taquitos.....which came with black beans, salad, salsas and spanish ricethe toquitos weren't...bad..jsut not worth the $13...the had mashed potatoes in em...sorta strange..but okthe rice and beans were dry...and she accidently knocked the salsa and hot sauce over into her salad...ruinin it...all in all, it was a pretty bad meal...the best was the desert....we shared a large

slice of coconut sour cream vegan cake....that was moist and tastee..of course..after the dinner, i might have exclaimed over a plate of sliced oranges...New World is also REALLY quiet....like eating a meal in a library....or a funeral home....ah well..live and don't learn...What's gonna happen when the buses don't runand what's gonna happen when the, winter comeswhat are you gonna do,what are you gonna dowhen the oil runs out?

Guest guest

hey...steal yer own song fer the sig line!!

:)

anyways..they don;t serve beer there...

peter hurd May 19, 2006 11:26 AM Re: ya think i would learn....

That will teach you, You forgot the most important detail.......................................................................................................................

BEER, BEER, BEER

The Valley Vegan..................

And what about the comfortable people who just cant go withoutthey're forever panic buying, in case things run outthey never realise what they've got, one day they will lose the lot fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

so, last nite, we finished packing up the last of my crap at my old place(now just have to move it all!)rebecca wants to go out to eatand we do the usual of "well, what do you want?""i don't know, what do you want?" for 20 minutes....ah the trauma of having choices...anyways...so, we decide on new world vegetarian...its near our new place in dowtown oaklandnow..i've prolly been there maybe a dozen times over the years...both in its current form, and its old incranation as the Bode Vege House..and...you would think by now, i would have learnedi've RARELY had a good meal there...now..the place is nice....pretty inside..old building..lotsa space...decorated and all thatand, for once, waitstaff was attentive and quick(in the past, we literally got waited on once, and never saw em again ti l the check came)but...guess i'd forgotten wot it could be likethe menu is..ecclectic....runs the gamut from curries to brazilian to gumbo to asian foods....yet...almost everything i've ever had their, has been disappointing...and, its pricey...entrees run about $12......so..last nite...it took me awhile..couldn't decide between several dishes, like bbq faux chicken, gumbo, er a clay pot...ended up getting spicy garlic eggplant and tofu....came with a big thing of rice...and was all in a *spicy sauce* with carrots, onions, and..some sorta green..not sure wot that was...and it was..well...yuk!it was uniformily bland.....the eggplant, which was huge chunks fried with garlic and sauce..tasted about as good as soaked paper towels..the tofu was pretty tasteless as welland the sauce...it tasted like burnt onions and water.....i also gambled and had a vegan thai iced tea....because in the past they had made me sick there...this time it was ok....rebecca ordered the taquitos.....which came with black beans, salad, salsas and spanish ricethe toquitos weren't...bad..jsut not worth the $13...the had mashed potatoes in em...sorta strange..but okthe rice and beans were dry...and she accidently knocked the salsa and hot sauce over into her salad...ruinin it...all in all, it was a pretty bad meal...the best was the desert....we shared a large slice of coconut sour cream vegan cake....that was moist and tastee..of course..after the dinner, i might have exclaimed over a plate of sliced oranges...New World is also REALLY quiet....like eating a meal in a library....or a funeral home....ah well..live and don't learn...What's gonna happen when the buses don't runand what's gonna happen when the, winter comeswhat are you gonna do,what are you gonna dowhen the oil runs out?

Guest guest

Then how come you went? The Valley Vegan............. Give us this day our daily dead keep it in the news 'til the ban's been lifted when it's given a name and it's given a face it's easier to separatefraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: hey...steal yer own song fer the sig line!! :) anyways..they don;t serve beer there... peter hurd May 19, 2006 11:26 AM To:

Re: ya think i would learn.... That will teach you, You forgot the most important detail....................................................................................................................... BEER, BEER, BEER The Valley Vegan.................. And what about the comfortable people who just cant go withoutthey're forever panic buying, in case things run outthey never realise what they've got, one day they will lose the lot fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: so, last nite, we finished packing up the last of my crap at my old place(now just have to move it all!)rebecca wants to go out to eatand we do the usual of "well, what do you want?""i

don't know, what do you want?" for 20 minutes....ah the trauma of having choices...anyways...so, we decide on new world vegetarian...its near our new place in dowtown oaklandnow..i've prolly been there maybe a dozen times over the years...both in its current form, and its old incranation as the Bode Vege House..and...you would think by now, i would have learnedi've RARELY had a good meal there...now..the place is nice....pretty inside..old building..lotsa space...decorated and all thatand, for once, waitstaff was attentive and quick(in the past, we literally got waited on once, and never saw em again ti l the check came)but...guess i'd forgotten wot it could be likethe menu is..ecclectic....runs the gamut from curries to brazilian to gumbo to asian foods....yet...almost everything i've ever had their, has been disappointing...and, its pricey...entrees run about $12......so..last nite...it took me

awhile..couldn't decide between several dishes, like bbq faux chicken, gumbo, er a clay pot...ended up getting spicy garlic eggplant and tofu....came with a big thing of rice...and was all in a *spicy sauce* with carrots, onions, and..some sorta green..not sure wot that was...and it was..well...yuk!it was uniformily bland.....the eggplant, which was huge chunks fried with garlic and sauce..tasted about as good as soaked paper towels..the tofu was pretty tasteless as welland the sauce...it tasted like burnt onions and water.....i also gambled and had a vegan thai iced tea....because in the past they had made me sick there...this time it was ok....rebecca ordered the taquitos.....which came with black beans, salad, salsas and spanish ricethe toquitos weren't...bad..jsut not worth the $13...the had mashed potatoes in em...sorta strange..but okthe rice and beans were dry...and she accidently knocked the salsa and hot sauce

over into her salad...ruinin it...all in all, it was a pretty bad meal...the best was the desert....we shared a large slice of coconut sour cream vegan cake....that was moist and tastee..of course..after the dinner, i might have exclaimed over a plate of sliced oranges...New World is also REALLY quiet....like eating a meal in a library....or a funeral home....ah well..live and don't learn...What's gonna happen when the buses don't runand what's gonna happen when the, winter comeswhat are you gonna do,what are you gonna dowhen the oil runs out?

Guest guest

cuz its close to our new place, we wanted food, and we hadn't been there in awhile

and...was going to finish packing up Wednesday nite instead, but we went out to dinner first...we turned out to be toronado in SF for beers...and a salad and sandwich next door from love and haight

and got home after 11....

peter hurd May 19, 2006 11:52 AM Re: ya think i would learn....

Then how come you went?

The Valley Vegan.............

Give us this day our daily dead

keep it in the news 'til the ban's been lifted

when it's given a name and it's given a face it's easier to separatefraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

hey...steal yer own song fer the sig line!!

:)

anyways..they don;t serve beer there...

peter hurd May 19, 2006 11:26 AM Re: ya think i would learn....

That will teach you, You forgot the most important detail.......................................................................................................................

BEER, BEER, BEER

The Valley Vegan..................

And what about the comfortable people who just cant go withoutthey're forever panic buying, in case things run outthey never realise what they've got, one day they will lose the lot fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

so, last nite, we finished packing up the last of my crap at my old place(now just have to move it all!)rebecca wants to go out to eatand we do the usual of "well, what do you want?""i don't know, what do you want?" for 20 minutes....ah the trauma of having choices...anyways...so, we decide on new world vegetarian...its near our new place in dowtown oaklandnow..i've prolly been there maybe a dozen times over the years...both in its current form, and its old incranation as the Bode Vege House..and...you would think by now, i would have learnedi've RARELY had a good meal there...now..the place is nice....pretty inside..old building..lotsa space...decorated and all thatand, for once, waitstaff was attentive and quick(in the past, we literally got waited on once, and never saw em again ti l the check came)but...guess i'd forgotten wot it could be likethe menu is..ecclectic....runs the gamut from curries to brazilian to gumbo to asian foods....yet...almost everything i've ever had their, has been disappointing...and, its pricey...entrees run about $12......so..last nite...it took me awhile..couldn't decide between several dishes, like bbq faux chicken, gumbo, er a clay pot...ended up getting spicy garlic eggplant and tofu....came with a big thing of rice...and was all in a *spicy sauce* with carrots, onions, and..some sorta green..not sure wot that was...and it was..well...yuk!it was uniformily bland.....the eggplant, which was huge chunks fried with garlic and sauce..tasted about as good as soaked paper towels..the tofu was pretty tasteless as welland the sauce...it tasted like burnt onions and water.....i also gambled and had a vegan thai iced tea....because in the past they had made me sick there...this time it was ok....rebecca ordered the taquitos.....which came with black beans, salad, salsas and spanish ricethe toquitos weren't...bad..jsut not worth the $13...the had mashed potatoes in em...sorta strange..but okthe rice and beans were dry...and she accidently knocked the salsa and hot sauce over into her salad...ruinin it...all in all, it was a pretty bad meal...the best was the desert....we shared a large slice of coconut sour cream vegan cake....that was moist and tastee..of course..after the dinner, i might have exclaimed over a plate of sliced oranges...New World is also REALLY quiet....like eating a meal in a library....or a funeral home....ah well..live and don't learn...What's gonna happen when the buses don't runand what's gonna happen when the, winter comeswhat are you gonna do,what are you gonna dowhen the oil runs out?

Guest guest

I prefer bland food to spicy food.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Friday, May 19, 2006 6:48 PM

Re: Re: ya think i would learn....

> wots funny..is the place is quite popular with the veg community around

here

> maybe people like bland food....

Guest guest

Or maybe you and Rebecca have better taste :)

Nikki

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> wots funny..is the place is quite popular with the veg community

around here

> maybe people like bland food....

>

>

> >earthstrm <earthstorm

> >May 19, 2006 10:34 AM

> >

> > Re: ya think i would learn....

> >

> >Wow, you two must have been pretty upset with yourselves to

> >purposely torture each other like that!

> >

> >So when are ya going back? ;o

> >

> >Sorry it was so bad Fraggle. I hope that no non-veggies go there.

I

> >would hate for them to think that is how we eat all the time...

> >

> >Nikki :)

> >

> >

>

> What's gonna happen when the buses don't run

> and what's gonna happen when the, winter comes

> what are you gonna do,

> what are you gonna do

> when the oil runs out?

>