IndiaDivine.org

The new Dr is Bush

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

now if only dr who could do a karate chop to the neck, or a flying kick....

er at least if he had an affair with a dalex

Peter Kebbell Jun 13, 2006 9:05 AM Re: The new Dr is

Hi Fraggle

>yeah..not sure if you limeys could handle another great show like star trek!

>one is prolly enough fer ya'll

>hee hee

Yeah, one was more than enough... we just don't have the same quality of posing in our Sci Fi... ;-)

BB

Peter

Defending this corruption on which you are sat

You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that

`Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used

In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

>now if only dr who could do a karate chop to the neck, or a flying kick....

>er at least if he had an affair with a dalex

You seem to be thinking earlier Dr Who... William Hartnell had a couple of fairly fancy moves in The Romans. Jon Pertwee was always using "Venusian Karate". Nowadays violence is a little less acceptable (the world is actually evolving), so it tends to be a little less direct...

And as for an affair with a Dalek... I believe Katy Manning did rather infamously do something not disimilar....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

There are no Daleks left alive (as far as we know). Doctor Who does other 'suprenatural' things, but is not a fighter. There was some sort of Oriental fighting in the episode about Queen Victoria being a were wolf though.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:19 PM

Re: The new Dr is Bush

now if only dr who could do a karate chop to the neck, or a flying kick....

er at least if he had an affair with a dalex

Peter Kebbell Jun 13, 2006 9:05 AM Re: The new Dr is

Hi Fraggle

>yeah..not sure if you limeys could handle another great show like star trek!

>one is prolly enough fer ya'll

>hee hee

Yeah, one was more than enough... we just don't have the same quality of posing in our Sci Fi... ;-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

sorry...missed all those

all's i remember is the dang scarf

:)

Peter Jun 13, 2006 10:59 AM Re: The new Dr is Bush

Hi Fraggle

>now if only dr who could do a karate chop to the neck, or a flying kick....

>er at least if he had an affair with a dalex

You seem to be thinking earlier Dr Who... William Hartnell had a couple of fairly fancy moves in The Romans. Jon Pertwee was always using "Venusian Karate". Nowadays violence is a little less acceptable (the world is actually evolving), so it tends to be a little less direct...

And as for an affair with a Dalek... I believe Katy Manning did rather infamously do something not disimilar....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Nah, the new Dr just relies on his charisma ( much like James T.) and all the girls are swooning in this series. Hes also doing his fair share of posing and wide eyed staring?!!!!!!!!! The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: now if only dr who could do a karate chop to the neck, or a flying kick.... er at least if he had an affair with a dalex Peter Kebbell Jun 13, 2006 9:05 AM Re: The new Dr is Hi Fraggle >yeah..not sure if you limeys could handle another great show like star trek! >one is prolly enough fer ya'll >hee hee Yeah, one was more than enough... we just don't have the same quality of posing in our Sci Fi... ;-) BB Peter Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>Nah, the new Dr just relies on his charisma ( much like James T.) and all the girls are swooning in this series.

>Hes also doing his fair share of posing and wide eyed staring?!!!!!!!!!

Only in a couple of episodes where Russell Davies seems to let his obsession with sex get the better of him. Most of the time, he is actually acting, and doing a good job of it... if you put Shatner next to a dead tree, it would be hard to judge which was acting best...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

That was half of the charm for me of the original star trek, the crap over acting, the polystyrene rocks, the cardboard scenery..............just loved it! The Valley Vegan................Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >Nah, the new Dr just relies on his charisma ( much like James T.) and all the girls are swooning in this series. >Hes also doing his fair share of posing and wide eyed staring?!!!!!!!!! Only in a couple of episodes where Russell Davies seems to let his obsession with sex get the better of him. Most of the time, he is actually acting, and doing a good job of it... if you put Shatner next to a dead tree, it would be hard to judge which was acting best... BB Peter Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I do agree. The only Star Trek I liked William Shatner in was the film, where he died. He was good in that.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:43 AM

Hi Peter

>Nah, the new Dr just relies on his charisma ( much like James T.) and all the girls are swooning in this series.

>Hes also doing his fair share of posing and wide eyed staring?!!!!!!!!!

Only in a couple of episodes where Russell Davies seems to let his obsession with sex get the better of him. Most of the time, he is actually acting, and doing a good job of it... if you put Shatner next to a dead tree, it would be hard to judge which was acting best...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>That was half of the charm for me of the original star trek, the crap over acting, the polystyrene rocks, the cardboard

> scenery..............just loved it!

Fair enough. Personally, I could put up with the polystyrene rocks and cardboard scenery if the acting was good quality, but for me when the acting was poor, it didn't work :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Jo

>I do agree. The only Star Trek I liked William Shatner in was the film, where he died. He was good in that.

Now that just sounds bitter ;-)

But I do agree - although I think he was probably helped along by the fact they had quality actors like Patrick Stewart...

And, while not wanting to go down the path of another John Lennon discussion, what Shatner did to Nichelle Nicholls was about as disgusting as you can get!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

LOL - not bitter. I meant he was good in that, and strangely enough, I was sorry to see him die in that film.

Whi is Nichelle Nicholls and what did he do to her???BBJo

-

Peter

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:09 PM

Hi Jo

>I do agree. The only Star Trek I liked William Shatner in was the film, where he died. He was good in that.

But I do agree - although I think he was probably helped along by the fact they had quality actors like Patrick Stewart...

And, while not wanting to go down the path of another John Lennon discussion, what Shatner did to Nichelle Nicholls was about as disgusting as you can get!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

he kissed her!!!

i know he "fiddled" with scripts that he thought gave her too many lines, because they "wouldn't fit her character"

jo Jun 14, 2006 5:13 PM Re: The new Dr is Bush

Hi Peter

LOL - not bitter. I meant he was good in that, and strangely enough, I was sorry to see him die in that film.

Whi is Nichelle Nicholls and what did he do to her???BBJo

-

Peter

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:09 PM

Hi Jo

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Jo / Fraggle

>he kissed her!!!

Well, probably - he kissed about everyone else... :o

>i know he " fiddled " with scripts that he thought gave her too many lines, because they

> " wouldn't fit her character "

A bit worse than that - he offered to proof-read her autobiography, plagiarised large sections of it for his own book on his memories of working on Star Trek.... *then* tried to sue her for breaching his copyright! I don't know what the current situation is, but about 5 years ago she hadn't spoken to him for 10 years - even when they were on the same panel at Star Trek conventions!!!!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I do remember that - just didn't know what her name was. Nasty thing to do when she trusted him with it.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:32 AM

Hi Jo / Fraggle

>he kissed her!!!

Well, probably - he kissed about everyone else... :o

>i know he "fiddled" with scripts that he thought gave her too many lines, because they

> "wouldn't fit her character"

A bit worse than that - he offered to proof-read her autobiography, plagiarised large sections of it for his own book on his memories of working on Star Trek.... *then* tried to sue her for breaching his copyright! I don't know what the current situation is, but about 5 years ago she hadn't spoken to him for 10 years - even when they were on the same panel at Star Trek conventions!!!!

BB

Peter