IndiaDivine.org

Broccoli Stalks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I do as Amy does. I grate them with cabbage and they make a good slaw. You can also add one egg, seasonings, breadcrumbs and make patties to fry up. I grate them and add to rice as it's cooking. DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

Hi Bron,

Donna has a good recipe for the stalks.

Don't ya Donna?

hugs,

Chanda

-

Bron

Sunday, September 18, 2005 7:53 PM

Re: How long do mushrooms keep? Chanda's gravy

hahahahahaha back, Chanda. :>) I've never even thought about separating the little 'gill's...they're like the stalks on broccoli, which I also use. I cut them into little thin circles and cook 'em along with whatever the trees go into. Works great!

Bron

On 9/18/05, purplepassion <thelilacflower wrote:

eeeuuuuu dark witches gravy.LOLPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

LOL then this will really give youthe creeps. I save them and use them in my veggie gravy to make it nice and dark.

:o)

creepy hugs,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

Sunday, September 18, 2005 4:53 PM

Re: How long do mushrooms keep?

Those fans or gills give me the creeps.LOL I take a spoon and clean them out before I cook them.....DonnaBron < southernflower wrote:

Hi. This is in response to the person who inquired about how long mushrooms keep. In my experience, I find that they keep about four or five days max. This is if you take them out of the plastic wrap immediately after buying them (if you get your mushrooms that way; that's the only way we can get ours here) and put them on a plate, and cover them loosely with a papertowel & refrigerate--until you are ready to use them.

Also, I don't cut out the black "gills", I cook them and eat them too. Always have. Interesting, the different ideas on this, huh?

HTH,

Bron-- Just thought I'd drop you a vine...strawberry, watermelon, blackberry, pumpkin... "In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way. I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

"In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels; Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

you said one time something about butter and parm cheese too.

Blessings,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

Monday, September 19, 2005 8:37 AM

Re: Broccoli stalks

I do as Amy does. I grate them with cabbage and they make a good slaw. You can also add one egg, seasonings, breadcrumbs and make patties to fry up. I grate them and add to rice as it's cooking. DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

Hi Bron,

Don't ya Donna?

hugs,

Chanda

-

Bron

hahahahahaha back, Chanda. :>) I've never even thought about separating the little 'gill's...they're like the stalks on broccoli, which I also use. I cut them into little thin circles and cook 'em along with whatever the trees go into. Works great!

Bron

LOL then this will really give youthe creeps. I save them and use them in my veggie gravy to make it nice and dark.

creepy hugs,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

Those fans or gills give me the creeps.LOL I take a spoon and clean them out before I cook them.....DonnaBron < southernflower wrote:

Hi. This is in response to the person who inquired about how long mushrooms keep. In my experience, I find that they keep about four or five days max. This is if you take them out of the plastic wrap immediately after buying them (if you get your mushrooms that way; that's the only way we can get ours here) and put them on a plate, and cover them loosely with a papertowel & refrigerate--until you are ready to use them.

Also, I don't cut out the black "gills", I cook them and eat them too. Always have. Interesting, the different ideas on this, huh?

HTH,

Bron-- Just thought I'd drop you a vine...strawberry, watermelon, blackberry, pumpkin... "In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way. I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

"In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels; Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel"Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

I make so many dishes. Yes, you can saute or steam the stalks cut in rounds and then butter them and sprinkle chives and parmesan on top or even a little ground flax seed. DonnaPuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

Blessings,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

Hi Bron,

Don't ya Donna?

hugs,

Chanda

-

Bron

Bron

creepy hugs,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

HTH,

I peel the outside and like to eat them raw!

or I use them in my stir fry... they take a little longer than the

florets to cook, but I like the different texture. When my daughter

was younger she preferred the stalks to the florets, while son wanted

florets..

now we all eat it all! =)

jenni

yeah I have used them in stir fry too, nobody said anything so I thought

that was good, and I liked it

-

" Jenni Billings " <jenni

Monday, September 19, 2005 8:22 PM

>I peel the outside and like to eat them raw!

>

> or I use them in my stir fry... they take a little longer than the

> florets to cook, but I like the different texture. When my daughter

> was younger she preferred the stalks to the florets, while son wanted

> florets..

>

> now we all eat it all! =)

>

> jenni

>

>

>

>

>

>

MMMM, those patties sound good. Sorta along the lines of blackeyed pea patties. Deelectable!

I'll have to try those. Thanks, Donna and also for the variations on the theme. :>)

Bron

On 9/19/05, purplepassion <thelilacflower wrote:

I make so many dishes. Yes, you can saute or steam the stalks cut in rounds and then butter them and sprinkle chives and parmesan on top or even a little ground flax seed. Donna PuterWitch <puterwitch

wrote:

Blessings,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

I do as Amy does. I grate them with cabbage and they make a good slaw. You can also add one egg, seasonings, breadcrumbs and make patties to fry up. I grate them and add to rice as it's cooking. Donna

PuterWitch <puterwitch wrote:

Hi Bron,

Don't ya Donna?

hugs,

Chanda

-

Bron

Bron

On 9/18/05, purplepassion <thelilacflower

> wrote:

creepy hugs,

Chanda

-

purplepassion

Those fans or gills give me the creeps.LOL I take a spoon and clean them out before I cook them.....DonnaBron <

southernflower wrote:

Also, I don't cut out the black " gills " , I cook them and eat them too. Always have. Interesting, the different ideas on this, huh?

HTH,

Bron-- Just thought I'd drop you a vine...strawberry, watermelon, blackberry, pumpkin... " In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way. I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels;Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel " Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

" In the present position of the planets, it's impossible to say;Just when I'll find my course again, with the boulders in my way.I should be rolling down the skyway on my cosmic wheels; Instead of stumbling down this highway on my boots of steel " Source: Cosmic Wheels by Donovan

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

Cheri mentioned in her post that she saves Asparagus and Broccoli

stalks and uses the tough ends for soups . Just want to add that I peel

the Broccoli stalks, slice and cook them with the regular flowerets.

When peeled the stalks are very tender. They are also very good raw in

salads . The peels then go into the compost container so nothing is

wasted.

Deanna in Colorado

Guest guest

I love to shred broccoli stalks and make a cole slaw with a garlic

vinaigrette dressing.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:- Terri

-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´

On Mar 23, 2008, at 9:46 AM, genny_y2k wrote:

> Cheri mentioned in her post that she saves Asparagus and Broccoli

> stalks and uses the tough ends for soups . Just want to add that I

> peel

> the Broccoli stalks, slice and cook them with the regular flowerets.

> When peeled the stalks are very tender. They are also very good raw in

> salads . The peels then go into the compost container so nothing is

> wasted.

> Deanna in Colorado

>

>

>

Guest guest

I save broccoli stalks and the cauliflower core and slice them into stir fry.

Katie

genny_y2k <genny_y2k wrote:

Cheri mentioned in her post that she saves Asparagus and Broccoli

stalks and uses the tough ends for soups . Just want to add that I peel

the Broccoli stalks, slice and cook them with the regular flowerets.

When peeled the stalks are very tender. They are also very good raw in

salads . The peels then go into the compost container so nothing is

wasted.

Deanna in Colorado

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.