IndiaDivine.org

What do you guys think about Death Penalty??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Shiva

>I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.

>Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.

>Wanted to know what you people think about Death Penalty ..

I'm with you on that one. And we do seem to be a minority. I don't see that retribution (which is ultimately what the death penalty is about) is ever a solution to anything. It doesn't make any difference to the amount of crime (research has shown that what prevents crime is people's concern over being caught, not any specific punishment), and aside from anything else, courts frequently make errors - it may be bad to spend 10 years in prison for a crime you didn't commit, but how much worse is it to have your life taken away if wrongly found guilty....

That's my twopennorth :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Not very civilised. I think more people should be kept away from the rest of society, some for the rest of their lives, so they cannot hurt any more people.

Jo

-

Shiva K

Friday, June 23, 2006 6:17 PM

Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what you people think about Death Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own.

Guest guest

well..peter pretty much already said it

i just find it odd, that the government on the one hand will say murder is wrong! bad! only evil people murder!

and then it sanctifies murder by itself, either thru executions, or bombing the beejeebers out of someone else

but...back to the death penalty

gee, i thought we had a dept of justice...maybe they should call it the dept of revenge?

then we could clone clint eastwood and charles bronson and have them go around having vigilante fun

how could murdering someone bring about justice

and, as peter said, wot if your wrong?

wot are you suppose to say after you murder someone? oops?

the death penalty doesn't deter anything

and its completely arbitrary, and its racist

Shiva K Jun 23, 2006 10:17 AM What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what you people think about Death Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own.

Defending this corruption on which you are sat

You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that

`Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used

In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Guest guest

I agree with everything you said, but am confused when you said it was racist? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: well..peter pretty much already said it i just find it odd, that the government on the one hand will say murder is wrong! bad! only evil people murder! and then it sanctifies murder by itself, either thru executions, or bombing the beejeebers out of someone else but...back to the death penalty gee, i thought we had a dept of justice...maybe they should call it the dept of revenge? then we could clone clint eastwood and charles bronson and have them go around having vigilante fun how could

murdering someone bring about justice and, as peter said, wot if your wrong? wot are you suppose to say after you murder someone? oops? the death penalty doesn't deter anything and its completely arbitrary, and its racist Shiva K Jun 23, 2006 10:17 AM What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what you people think about Death Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State

University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what

to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

Does anyone agree that rapists should be chemically castrated so that their body doesnt produce testosterone? or doesnt it work like that? or can anyone on this site say with hand on heart that if they saw someone they loved getting beaten or worse, that they wouldnt attack the attacker with extreme force? The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Not very civilised. I think more people should be kept away from the rest of society, some for the rest of their lives, so they cannot hurt any more people. Jo - Shiva K Friday, June 23, 2006 6:17 PM What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what you people think about Death

Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own. Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

killing is wrong, and two wrongs do not make a right. bit simplistic , I know, but thats me all over! The Valley Vegan.................Shiva K <shgroups wrote: Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what you people think about Death Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own. Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>can anyone on this site say with hand on heart that if they saw someone they loved getting beaten or worse, that they

> wouldnt attack the attacker with extreme force?

I'd hope that anyone would. I know I'd do my best to cause them some harm.... but that is not quite the same as the death penalty - that is to do with defending people's safety while they are actually being physically harmed... not a cold blooded act of retribution committed a long time after the heat of the moment has died down.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

overwhelmingly people on death row in the US are african or hispanic

people of european descent just don't convicted with the death penalty for the same crimes

peter VV Jun 23, 2006 1:57 PM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty??

I agree with everything you said, but am confused when you said it was racist?

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i just find it odd, that the government on the one hand will say murder is wrong! bad! only evil people murder!

and then it sanctifies murder by itself, either thru executions, or bombing the beejeebers out of someone else

gee, i thought we had a dept of justice...maybe they should call it the dept of revenge?

then we could clone clint eastwood and charles bronson and have them go around having vigilante fun

Shiva K Jun 23, 2006 10:17 AM What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what you people think about Death Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what

to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

as to the second question, , to me that is besides the point

justice isn't suppose to be about retribution and personal feelings

justice is suppose to be impartial....

when you do something, thats a reaction.

that is in no way the same thing as a so called society doing something

peter VV Jun 23, 2006 2:00 PM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty??

Does anyone agree that rapists should be chemically castrated so that their body doesnt produce testosterone? or doesnt it work like that?

or

can anyone on this site say with hand on heart that if they saw someone they loved getting beaten or worse, that they wouldnt attack the attacker with extreme force?

The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Not very civilised. I think more people should be kept away from the rest of society, some for the rest of their lives, so they cannot hurt any more people.

Jo

-

Shiva K

Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what you people think about Death Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own.

Peter H

Guest guest

Is it racist? Luckily we abandoned the death penalty in the 50s I believe. My great grandmother told me that when she was a child the hangings were public and people used to take their children along to see them .........

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, June 23, 2006 9:08 PM

Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty??

Shiva K Jun 23, 2006 10:17 AM What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what you people think about Death Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own.

Guest guest

I have said on here that I could easily kill someone who was attacking my loved ones - but that would be done in an effort to save them and through fear. Arresting someone for murder and then executing them is different, imo. I don't think rapists should be chemically castrated because that interferes with their health. I do think they should be put in prison for a very long time.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, June 23, 2006 10:00 PM

Does anyone agree that rapists should be chemically castrated so that their body doesnt produce testosterone? or doesnt it work like that?

or

can anyone on this site say with hand on heart that if they saw someone they loved getting beaten or worse, that they wouldnt attack the attacker with extreme force?

The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

Shiva K

Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I am not sure on the first, but have no doubts on the second.

Nikki

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Does anyone agree that rapists should be chemically castrated so

that their body doesnt produce testosterone? or doesnt it work like

that?

>

> or

>

> can anyone on this site say with hand on heart that if they saw

someone they loved getting beaten or worse, that they wouldnt attack

the attacker with extreme force?

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

> jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> Not very civilised. I think more people should be kept

away from the rest of society, some for the rest of their lives, so

they cannot hurt any more people.

>

> Jo

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I'm sure that Fraggle will have more detail, but I do know that the number of black people (apologies if that's not the currently PC term - I may be out of date!) on death row is vastly disproportionate to the number of whites....

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Friday, June 23, 2006 9:57 PM

Shiva K Jun 23, 2006 10:17 AM What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what you people think about Death Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what

to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Peter H

Guest guest

Ah, thats what he meant. The Valley Vegan.............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter I'm sure that Fraggle will have more detail, but I do know that the number of black people (apologies if that's not the currently PC term - I may be out of date!) on death row is vastly disproportionate to the number of whites.... BB Peter - peter VV Friday, June 23, 2006 9:57 PM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? I agree with everything you said, but am confused when you said it was racist? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: well..peter pretty much already said it i just find it odd, that the government on the one hand will say murder is wrong! bad! only evil people murder! and then it sanctifies murder by itself, either thru executions, or bombing the beejeebers out of someone else but...back to the death penalty gee, i thought we had a dept of justice...maybe they should call it the dept of revenge? then we could clone clint eastwood and charles bronson and have them go around having vigilante fun how could murdering someone bring about justice and, as peter said, wot if your wrong? wot are you suppose to say after you murder someone? oops? the death penalty doesn't deter anything and its completely arbitrary, and its racist Shiva K Jun 23, 2006 10:17 AM What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what you people think about Death Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own. Defending

this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Peter H

Guest guest

40% of death row inmates are african american

while they number less the 15% of the total population

Peter Jun 24, 2006 1:12 AM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty??

Hi Peter

I'm sure that Fraggle will have more detail, but I do know that the number of black people (apologies if that's not the currently PC term - I may be out of date!) on death row is vastly disproportionate to the number of whites....

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Peter H

Guest guest

And , I wouldnt be surprised if the remainder are hispanic,asian and very few whites ( or whatever the term is) The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: 40% of death row inmates are african american while they number less the 15% of the total population Peter Jun 24, 2006 1:12 AM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi Peter I'm sure that Fraggle will have more detail, but I do know that the number of black people (apologies if that's not the currently PC term - I may be out of date!) on death row is vastly disproportionate to the number of whites.... BB Peter - peter VV Friday, June 23, 2006 9:57 PM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? I agree with everything you said, but am confused when you said it was racist? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: well..peter pretty much already said it i just find it odd, that the government on the one hand will say murder is wrong! bad! only evil people murder! and then

it sanctifies murder by itself, either thru executions, or bombing the beejeebers out of someone else but...back to the death penalty gee, i thought we had a dept of justice...maybe they should call it the dept of revenge? then we could clone clint eastwood and charles bronson and have them go around having vigilante fun how could murdering someone bring about justice and, as peter said, wot if your wrong? wot are you suppose to say after you murder someone? oops? the death penalty doesn't deter anything and its completely arbitrary, and its racist Shiva K Jun 23, 2006 10:17 AM Subject:

What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what you people think about Death Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

bing

right on the nose

peter VV Jun 25, 2006 11:40 AM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty??

And , I wouldnt be surprised if the remainder are hispanic,asian and very few whites ( or whatever the term is)

The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Hi Peter

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Shiva K Jun 23, 2006 10:17 AM What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what you people think about Death Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

right on the noose? The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: bing right on the nose peter VV Jun 25, 2006 11:40 AM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? And , I wouldnt be surprised if the remainder are hispanic,asian and very few whites ( or whatever the term is) The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: 40% of death row inmates are african american while they number less the 15% of the total population Peter Jun 24, 2006 1:12 AM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi Peter I'm sure that Fraggle will have more detail, but I do

know that the number of black people (apologies if that's not the currently PC term - I may be out of date!) on death row is vastly disproportionate to the number of whites.... BB Peter - peter VV Friday, June 23, 2006 9:57 PM Re:

What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? I agree with everything you said, but am confused when you said it was racist? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: well..peter pretty much already said it i just find it odd, that the government on the one hand will say murder is wrong! bad! only evil people murder! and then it sanctifies murder by itself, either thru executions, or bombing the beejeebers out of someone else but...back to the death penalty gee, i thought we had a dept of justice...maybe they should call it the dept of revenge? then we

could clone clint eastwood and charles bronson and have them go around having vigilante fun how could murdering someone bring about justice and, as peter said, wot if your wrong? wot are you suppose to say after you murder someone? oops? the death penalty doesn't deter anything and its completely arbitrary, and its racist Shiva K Jun 23, 2006 10:17 AM What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi all,I was discussing with my friends about death penalty, and I was surprised that I was in the minority.Myself and one of my friends were the only people who were against it.Wanted to know what

you people think about Death Penalty .. Thanks,Shiva-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all

new Security Centre. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what

to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

Guest guest

I was actually surprised when I read our local newspaper today.... 74% of the locals said they are in favor of the death penalty. The reason for the vote is that it may come up on the ballot this year. I couldn't believe that many are in favor of it. Personally, I am not. I just say lock them up for the rest of their lives with no chance for parole if they deserve it. I just don't "get" the death penalty. I don't know... Kinda confuses me.

~Becki

----

fraggle

06/25/06 14:31:34

Hi Peter

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Defending this corruption on which you are sat

Guest guest

Hey all .. thank you very much .. it was really enlightening :)thanks,ShivaOn 6/26/06, Peter Kebbell <

metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

>right on the noose?

Trust you to inject some sick humour into this otherwise electrifying conversation ;-)

BB

Peter

-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own.

Guest guest

Hang on! Sorry to shoot through!, and chop and change! The Valley Vegan........... Burn down the discoHang the blessed DJBecause the music that they constantly playIT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFEHang the blessed DJBecause the music they constantly play Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >right on the noose? Trust you to inject some sick humour into this otherwise electrifying conversation ;-) BB Peter Peter H

Guest guest

oh sheesh

you kids humor is lethal....

i think we should just chair this discussion

Peter Kebbell Jun 26, 2006 12:17 AM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty??

Hi Peter

>right on the noose?

Trust you to inject some sick humour into this otherwise electrifying conversation ;-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

What about some strict religious countries where they still chop hands from thieves, stone women to death etc......do you blame that on religion, backwardness,do you condone them for their beliefs? how would you tackle something so inbred, something that seems normal to these people?without seeming to interfere, or be preachey, or superior/dismissive?. Come on President Fraggle, whats on your agenda? The Valley Vegan.............. Bolt the door and throw away the key.Your dim reflection is all that you can see.So where is the justice when no one is at faultAnd a human life is tragically wasted?How fragile is the flame that burns within us allTo light each passing day?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: oh sheesh you kids humor is lethal.... i think we should just chair this discussion Peter Kebbell Jun 26, 2006 12:17 AM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty?? Hi Peter >right on the noose? Trust you to inject some sick humour into this otherwise electrifying conversation ;-) BB Peter Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Mail.

Guest guest

well

backwardness is a very subjective term

since here you can go to jail for the rest of your life for stealin a snickers bar

as for other places

capitol punishment is wrong

period

all peoples need to realize that there are alternate paths, other ways to justice, and better planes to making this a more fair and just world

now you've got me sounding like a bloody hippie again

and saying its inbred...take the whole world in that view as well

i assume you are speaking of fundamentalism, which is found the world over, and only gets stronger with fear and uncertainty

wot is needed is education, a way to bring society out of its spiral of destruction, injustice, hate, and easter peeps(gawd how those are evil)

peter VV Jun 26, 2006 11:38 AM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty??

What about some strict religious countries where they still chop hands from thieves, stone women to death etc......do you blame that on religion, backwardness,do you condone them for their beliefs? how would you tackle something so inbred, something that seems normal to these people?without seeming to interfere, or be preachey, or superior/dismissive?. Come on President Fraggle, whats on your agenda?

The Valley Vegan..............

Bolt the door and throw away the key.Your dim reflection is all that you can see.So where is the justice when no one is at faultAnd a human life is tragically wasted?How fragile is the flame that burns within us allTo light each passing day?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

oh sheesh

you kids humor is lethal....

i think we should just chair this discussion

Peter Kebbell Jun 26, 2006 12:17 AM Re: What do you guys think about Death Penalty??

Hi Peter

>right on the noose?

BB

Peter Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what

Peter H

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Mail.