IndiaDivine.org

Giant welshman emerges from the woodwork

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

ooo ooooh!!

do you happen to have a carolina parakeet?

passenger pigeon?

sea mink?

stellers sea cow??????

(tho, where would i keep that? my bath tub ain't big enough!)

thylacine?

ok...how about a great auk then?

peter VV Jun 29, 2006 11:34 AM Re: Giant beetle emerges from the woodwork

I admit it, I have a personal menagerie of extinctions. Anyone want a dodo?

The Valley Vegan.......................Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

> A giant beetle thought to have been extinct in Wales for more than 300 years has been

> discovered by a carpenter in a furniture workshop

Own up... where've you been hiding them all this time? ;-)

BB

Peter

Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" The Wall Street Journal

Defending this corruption on which you are sat

You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that

`Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used

In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Guest guest

Now where are you goin to keep a Great Auk? in the fridge? Got room in yer yard for an elephantbird? The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ooo ooooh!! do you happen to have a carolina parakeet? passenger pigeon? sea mink? stellers sea cow?????? (tho, where would i keep that? my bath tub ain't big enough!) thylacine? ok...how about a great auk then? peter VV Jun 29, 2006 11:34 AM Subject:

Re: Giant beetle emerges from the woodwork I admit it, I have a personal menagerie of extinctions. Anyone want a dodo? The Valley Vegan.......................Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter > A giant beetle thought to have been extinct in Wales for more than 300 years has been > discovered by a carpenter in a furniture workshop Own up... where've you been hiding them all this time? ;-) BB Peter Peter H Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is

O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail.

Guest guest

nah..just fill my bath tub with cold water....

i can take it fer walks...well, waddles anyways....

ok..how about a moa?

peter VV Jul 1, 2006 8:18 AM Re: Giant welshman emerges from the woodwork

Now where are you goin to keep a Great Auk? in the fridge?

Got room in yer yard for an elephantbird?

The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

ooo ooooh!!

passenger pigeon?

sea mink?

stellers sea cow??????

thylacine?

Hi Peter

> A giant beetle thought to have been extinct in Wales for more than 300 years has been

BB

Peter

Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" The Wall Street Journal Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is

O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Peter H

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail.

Guest guest

You want a Moa? Down to my last one. It`l cost you.Do you have a forest habitat handy to keep it in? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: nah..just fill my bath tub with cold water.... i can take it fer walks...well, waddles anyways.... ok..how about a moa? peter VV Jul 1, 2006 8:18 AM Re: Giant welshman emerges from the woodwork Now where are you goin to keep a Great Auk? in the fridge? Got room in yer yard for

an elephantbird? The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ooo ooooh!! do you happen to have a carolina parakeet? passenger pigeon? sea mink? stellers sea cow?????? (tho, where would i keep that? my bath tub ain't big enough!) thylacine? ok...how about a great auk then? peter VV Jun 29, 2006 11:34 AM Re: Giant beetle emerges from the woodwork I admit

it, I have a personal menagerie of extinctions. Anyone want a dodo? The Valley Vegan.......................Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter > A giant beetle thought to have been extinct in Wales for more than 300 years has been > discovered by a carpenter in a furniture workshop Own up... where've you been hiding them all this time? ;-) BB Peter Peter H Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>You want a Moa? Down to my last one. It`l cost you.Do you have a forest habitat handy to keep it in?

I'd have thought it would be far more important to know if the grass needed cutting ;-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Not a bad pun. Moa (sing. and pl.) is pronounced more like MORE than MOWER. You can say “there ain’t no moa moa”, but not “there’s a [lawn] moa in my garden shed!” This, at least, is the theory. It may be a while before most New Zealanders break a lifetime’s habit and stop talking about ‘extinct mowers.’ The Valley Vegan............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >You want a Moa? Down to my last one. It`l cost you.Do you have a forest habitat handy to keep it in? I'd have thought it would be far more important to know if

the grass needed cutting ;-) BB Peter Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

you mean the moa doesn't come with its own fern forest????

wot a rip....

peter VV Jul 1, 2006 12:53 PM Re: Giant welshman emerges from the woodwork

You want a Moa? Down to my last one. It`l cost you.Do you have a forest habitat handy to keep it in?

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

nah..just fill my bath tub with cold water....

i can take it fer walks...well, waddles anyways....

ok..how about a moa?

peter VV Jul 1, 2006 8:18 AM Re: Giant welshman emerges from the woodwork

Now where are you goin to keep a Great Auk? in the fridge?

Got room in yer yard for an elephantbird?

The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

ooo ooooh!!

passenger pigeon?

sea mink?

stellers sea cow??????

thylacine?

Hi Peter

BB

Peter

Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" The Wall Street Journal Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Peter H

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>Not a bad pun.

>Moa (sing. and pl.) is pronounced more like MORE than MOWER.

Y'know, I always thought the Welsh pronounced the two the same anyway ;-).... at least Terry Griffiths does...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

I think you are mistaking the Welsh accent with cockey! The Valley Vegan..............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >Not a bad pun. >Moa (sing. and pl.) is pronounced more like MORE than MOWER. Y'know, I always thought the Welsh pronounced the two the same anyway ;-).... at least Terry Griffiths does... BB Peter Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

hey take it or leaf it, yo guys across the frond are never satisfied. The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: you mean the moa doesn't come with its own fern forest???? wot a rip.... peter VV Jul 1, 2006 12:53 PM Re: Giant welshman emerges from the woodwork You want a Moa? Down to my last one. It`l cost you.Do you have a forest habitat handy to keep it in? The Valley Vegan............fraggle

<EBbrewpunx wrote: nah..just fill my bath tub with cold water.... i can take it fer walks...well, waddles anyways.... ok..how about a moa? peter VV Jul 1, 2006 8:18 AM Re: Giant welshman emerges from the woodwork Now where are you goin to keep a Great Auk? in the fridge? Got room in yer yard for an elephantbird? The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ooo ooooh!! do you happen to have a carolina parakeet? passenger pigeon? sea mink? stellers sea cow?????? (tho, where would i keep that? my bath tub ain't big enough!) thylacine? ok...how about a great auk then? peter VV Jun 29, 2006 11:34 AM Re: Giant beetle emerges from the woodwork I admit it, I have a personal menagerie of extinctions. Anyone want a dodo? The Valley Vegan.......................Peter Kebbell

<metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter > A giant beetle thought to have been extinct in Wales for more than 300 years has been > discovered by a carpenter in a furniture workshop Own up... where've you been hiding them all this time? ;-) BB Peter Peter H Try the all-new

Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go

- free your email address from your Internet provider. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what

to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Mail.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

Nah - Terry Griffiths is definitely Welsh... from the valleys :-)

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:15 PM

Re: Giant welshman emerges from the woodwork

I think you are mistaking the Welsh accent with cockey!

The Valley Vegan..............Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

>Not a bad pun.

Y'know, I always thought the Welsh pronounced the two the same anyway ;-).... at least Terry Griffiths does...

BB

Peter

Peter H

Guest guest

Llanelli I believe? But I think cockneys say more as mowah, us welsh say moor. The Valley Vegan...........Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter Nah - Terry Griffiths is definitely Welsh... from the valleys :-) BB Peter - peter VV Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:15 PM Re: Giant welshman emerges from the woodwork I think you are mistaking the Welsh accent with cockey! The Valley Vegan..............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >Not a bad pun. >Moa (sing. and pl.) is pronounced more like MORE than MOWER. Y'know, I always thought the Welsh pronounced the two the same anyway ;-).... at least Terry Griffiths does... BB Peter Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning

in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>Llanelli I believe?

Quite possibly

>But I think cockneys say more as mowah, us welsh say moor.

Nah - cockneys would go for maw. Terry Griffiths definitely sticks that dipthong on the end....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

I was born a cockney and I, nor any of my family said it that way.

Jo

-

peter VV

Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:48 PM

Llanelli I believe?

But I think cockneys say more as mowah, us welsh say moor.

The Valley Vegan...........Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

Nah - Terry Griffiths is definitely Welsh... from the valleys :-)

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:15 PM

I think you are mistaking the Welsh accent with cockey!

The Valley Vegan..............Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

>Not a bad pun.

BB

Peter

Peter H

Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

Guest guest

And I am Welsh have always lived in Wales and no-one I know says it that way either? So what do you deduce from that?, stereotypical cliches? The Valley Vegan..................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: I was born a cockney and I, nor any of my family said it that way. Jo - peter VV Sunday, July 02, 2006 7:48 PM Re: Giant welshman emerges from the woodwork Llanelli I believe? But I think cockneys say more as mowah, us welsh say moor. The Valley Vegan...........Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter Nah - Terry

Griffiths is definitely Welsh... from the valleys :-) BB Peter - peter VV Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:15 PM Re: Giant welshman emerges from the woodwork I think you are mistaking the Welsh accent

with cockey! The Valley Vegan..............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >Not a bad pun. >Moa (sing. and pl.) is pronounced more like MORE than MOWER. Y'know, I always thought the Welsh pronounced the two the same anyway ;-).... at least Terry Griffiths does... BB Peter Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Peter H Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>And I am Welsh have always lived in Wales and no-one I know says it that way either?

>So what do you deduce from that?, stereotypical cliches?

I deduct that Wales is a little bit bigger, and has more variety of accents than the area of London that is within the sound of Beau Bells....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Beau Bells? I thought it was Bow Bells? Yer right about accents, Newport accents are horrible mixture of Kaaaaaardiff and Brizle, North West Wales accents are very thick and strong. Lanelli/Neath/Swansea are not that strong ( to a welshman) Cor Blimey, Luv a duck........... The Valley Vegan................Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >And I am Welsh have always lived in Wales and no-one I know says it that way either? >So what do you deduce from that?, stereotypical cliches? I deduct that Wales

is a little bit bigger, and has more variety of accents than the area of London that is within the sound of Beau Bells.... BB Peter Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

>Beau Bells? I thought it was Bow Bells?

You may be right... my knowledge of the geography of London isn't good - heck, when I was a kid, I thought Jo was born in a pub called The Elephant & Castle....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter/Peter

It is Bow Bells, because the church is in the district of Bow. I

think I was born in a flat opposite The Prince of Wales, which has

changed names over the last few years.

BB

Jo

, " Peter Kebbell " <metalscarab

wrote:

>

> Hi Peter

>

> >Beau Bells? I thought it was Bow Bells?

>

> You may be right... my knowledge of the geography of London isn't

good -

> heck, when I was a kid, I thought Jo was born in a pub called The

Elephant &

> Castle....

>

> BB

> Peter

>