IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Perception or truth?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HI Shiva

I probably didn't answer your email properly. I knew you weren't accusing me of being racist :-) I felt a little under pressure from one of Fraggle's answers, and welcomed the opportunity to point out that I am not a racist.

I have an Indian friend at work who is veggie, and another Hare Krishna friend who is veggie. It would be good if there were more veggies and vegans. It seems that more programmes on the telly are talking about meat now though, which is a shame.

BBJo

-

Shiva K

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:01 PM

Re: Fw: Perception or truth?

Hi Jo,I didn't mean to tell that u r racis or tag you as one. Just wanted to let you know that there are quite a few people from other parts of the world too.I wud be happy to see more and more people becoming vegans or atleast veggie's ... Shiva

On 7/11/06, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Shiva

Thanks. I am not racist - just not lucky enough to know lots of people from different races. I wish I knew a lot of vegetarians. I know of some at work and a few who claim to be veggie but eat fish!! I used to know some vegans when we were in the local hunt sab group. Now the only vegans I know are Peter and some of his friends.

Jo

-

Shiva K

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:17 PM

Re: Fw: Perception or truth?

Well, I am an Indian(though am anti-patriotic) ... I am a vegan .. . I know one or two vegans from India .. but then, I know a lot of Vegetarians .. there is a sect in India called as Brahmins and they are supposed to be vegetarians, its their culture .. .. I dont think it is in anyway Racist ..

On 7/11/06, Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Jo

> LOL - these Americans :-)

What gets me is that they laugh at George Bush when he invents new words.... ;-)

BB

Peter

-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own.

-- ShivaGraduate Student,State University of New York,Binghamtonhttp://www.shiv.co.nrTo ease another's heartache is to forget one's own.

Guest guest

I know of no other vegans locally, and have only met ( talked to about ten in all ). In my place of work there are 3 English, and the girl I sit next to has family origins in Grenada. We have about 20 contractors all flown in from India, on our floor. The Valley Vegan..................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ok simple terms how many vegans do you know? how many people of non-welsh extraction do you know? peter VV Jul 10, 2006 12:42 PM

Re: Fw: Perception or truth? Fraggle, take a deep breath, take a long sip, and start again. Holy crap, is there a language barrier here or what?................I mean I know I`m stupid, but that just didnt register in my cranum sorry Fragmiester............. "NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have

read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President."Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

why you keeping indians on your floor?

subjugator!

:)

peter VV Jul 11, 2006 12:07 PM Re: Fw: Perception or truth?

I know of no other vegans locally, and have only met ( talked to about ten in all ).

In my place of work there are 3 English, and the girl I sit next to has family origins in Grenada.

We have about 20 contractors all flown in from India, on our floor.

The Valley Vegan..................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

ok

simple terms

how many vegans do you know?

how many people of non-welsh extraction do you know?

peter VV Jul 10, 2006 12:42 PM Re: Fw: Perception or truth?

Fraggle, take a deep breath, take a long sip, and start again. Holy crap, is there a language barrier here or what?................I mean I know I`m stupid, but that just didnt register in my cranum sorry Fragmiester.............

"NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have

read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President."

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Defending this corruption on which you are sat

You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that

`Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used

In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Guest guest

Because the cowboys took all the seats? The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: why you keeping indians on your floor? subjugator! :) peter VV Jul 11, 2006 12:07 PM Re: Fw: Perception or truth? I know of no other vegans locally, and have only met ( talked to about ten in all ). In my place of work there are 3 English, and the girl I sit next to has family origins in

Grenada. We have about 20 contractors all flown in from India, on our floor. The Valley Vegan..................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ok simple terms how many vegans do you know? how many people of non-welsh extraction do you know? peter VV Jul 10, 2006 12:42 PM Re: Fw: Perception or truth? Fraggle, take a deep breath, take a long sip, and start again. Holy crap, is there a language barrier here or

what?................I mean I know I`m stupid, but that just didnt register in my cranum sorry Fragmiester............. "NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President." Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what

to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

Guest guest

Nah, they just laugh at George Bush, full stop. The Valley Vegan................Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Jo > LOL - these Americans :-) What gets me is that they laugh at George Bush when he invents new words.... ;-) BB Peter Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

I , on the other paw, took a deep breath, swallowed it and released it from the other end.......... Guaranteed to lower the tone............. The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i took a deep breathe..but forgot to release ...and passed out peter VV Jul 10, 2006 12:42 PM Re: Fw: Perception or truth? Fraggle, take a deep breath, take a long sip, and start again. Holy crap, is there a language barrier here or

what?................I mean I know I`m stupid, but that just didnt register in my cranum sorry Fragmiester............. The Valley Vegan............... Streets of wet black holesOn roads you can never knowYou never have themBut, they alway's have you'Till the day that you croak(it's no joke)fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: then my point would be, that if you (in the general sense of you) don't know many folks of other backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, etc and so forth..then saying you(again, using the general you, not the Jo you) (holy crap that made no sense) don't know any vegans of black brown yellow purple green mauve magenta umber pink persuasion is

sorta..i dunno..moot? i don't know any penguins who eat linguine...then again, i don't know any penguins... *shrug* it may be that...people of other cultures backgrounds don't go into the "vegan movement" as much as a certain other group see..the thing is, when this came up..i had to think to myself "ok, last time i went out to eat, how many folks of what ethnic background were in which place" and i had to think hard...and try to imagine the places i dunno if its cuz i'm blind er wotever but..sure..there were many folks of every which way persuasion, sexuality, creed, height.... maybe i'm having issues with it as well..since i don't have vegan friends er this friend er that friend i have some friends who are vegan....i don't think of i guess as "my vegan friends"... guess its just

the way my brainwaves gather... er don't gather... stoopid brain.... fraggle jo Jul 10, 2006 11:50 AM Re: Fw: Perception or truth? HI Fraggle I gather where you live is a very alternative place, with lots of different ethnicities. Therefore it is likely that you do have a choice of lots of

different places to eat. Peter (Valley Vegan) lives in Wales where he is lucky to have one vegetarian restaurant within a hundred miles. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine "NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National

Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President."Peter H

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail.