IndiaDivine.org

Fire walk with me.....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

There were two seasons of the series on tv and a seperate film. Some of it was funny, some of it was almost disturbing, but well made , directed and different from the usual dross on telly at the time. I would suggest that you watch the tv series first before the film, to give you more insight , but it could be watched independantly........... have a read of the wikipedia info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks The Valley Vegan................... jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter I didn't know

it was a film as well. How did it compare with the series - I believe the series was quite long. If you think it's good I might get it on video/dvd to watch. Jo - peter VV Wednesday, July 12, 2006 7:22 PM Re: Fw: grammar or truth? I enjoyed its scary quirkyness, and even went to the pictures to see the film. The Valley Vegan................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: I saw only one episode of Twin Peaks, and it was weird. I have been waiting for them to have repeats, but none yet. Jo - fraggle Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:28 PM Re: Fw: grammar or truth? hey, you designed this bloody language! you can't get all hopped up on one way when you think its being misused, when the rest of it makes as much sense as an episode of Twin peaks Peter Jul 11, 2006 1:20 PM Re: Fw: grammar or truth?

Hi Fraggle >we are talking about healthy and heathful >tis there anything in those that hint that somehow either word means "eye gouging poison"? Is there any reason to suppose that the word ex-terminate is not the opposite of terminate? Or that in-flammable is not the opposite of flammable? Or perhaps that in-sane is the same as sane? Since when did similarity in word sounds mean anything at all? BB

PeterDefending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

Thanks Peter - I will have a look.

Jo

-

peter VV

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:28 PM

Re: Fire walk with me.....

There were two seasons of the series on tv and a seperate film. Some of it was funny, some of it was almost disturbing, but well made , directed and different from the usual dross on telly at the time.

I would suggest that you watch the tv series first before the film, to give you more insight , but it could be watched independantly...........

have a read of the wikipedia info :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks

The Valley Vegan...................

jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

I didn't know it was a film as well. How did it compare with the series - I believe the series was quite long. If you think it's good I might get it on video/dvd to watch.

Jo

-

peter VV

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 7:22 PM

Re: Fw: grammar or truth?

I enjoyed its scary quirkyness, and even went to the pictures to see the film.

The Valley Vegan................jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

I saw only one episode of Twin Peaks, and it was weird. I have been waiting for them to have repeats, but none yet.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:28 PM

hey, you designed this bloody language!

you can't get all hopped up on one way when you think its being misused, when the rest of it makes as much sense as an episode of Twin peaks

Peter Jul 11, 2006 1:20 PM Re: Fw: grammar or truth?

Hi Fraggle

>we are talking about healthy and heathful

>tis there anything in those that hint that somehow either word means "eye gouging poison"?

Is there any reason to suppose that the word ex-terminate is not the opposite of terminate? Or that in-flammable is not the opposite of flammable? Or perhaps that in-sane is the same as sane?

Since when did similarity in word sounds mean anything at all?

BB

PeterDefending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

Oh I forgot, for some annoying reason, the second series has never been released as afar as I know , which is pretty piss poor in my opinion. Oh , and the film is a prequel. The Valley Vegan.................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Thanks Peter - I will have a look. Jo - peter VV Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:28 PM Re: Fire walk with me..... There were two seasons of the series on tv and a seperate film. Some of it was funny, some of it was almost disturbing, but well made , directed and different from the usual dross on telly at the time. I would suggest that you watch the tv series first before the film, to give you more insight , but it could be watched independantly........... have a read of the wikipedia info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks The Valley

Vegan................... jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter I didn't know it was a film as well. How did it compare with the series - I believe the series was quite long. If you think it's good I might get it on video/dvd to watch. Jo -

peter VV Wednesday, July 12, 2006 7:22 PM Re: Fw: grammar or truth? I enjoyed its scary quirkyness, and even went to the pictures to see the film. The Valley Vegan................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: I saw only one episode of Twin Peaks, and it was weird. I have been waiting for them to have repeats,

but none yet. Jo - fraggle Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:28 PM Re: Fw: grammar or truth? hey, you designed this bloody language! you can't get all hopped up on one way when you think its being misused, when

the rest of it makes as much sense as an episode of Twin peaks Peter Jul 11, 2006 1:20 PM Re: Fw: grammar or truth? Hi Fraggle >we are talking about healthy and heathful >tis there anything in those that hint that somehow either word means "eye gouging poison"? Is there any reason to suppose that the word ex-terminate

is not the opposite of terminate? Or that in-flammable is not the opposite of flammable? Or perhaps that in-sane is the same as sane? Since when did similarity in word sounds mean anything at all? BB PeterDefending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused Peter H Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

the second series was delayed because Artisan didn't see enough $$$ from the release of the

first season on DVD

paramount has the rights now i believe and its in production....

peter VV Jul 13, 2006 10:49 AM Re: Fire walk with me.....

Oh I forgot, for some annoying reason, the second series has never been released as afar as I know , which is pretty piss poor in my opinion. Oh , and the film is a prequel.

The Valley Vegan.................

Defending this corruption on which you are sat

You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that

`Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used

In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Guest guest

good news................wooohooo. I feel like a slice of cherry pie............ The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: the second series was delayed because Artisan didn't see enough $$$ from the release of the first season on DVD paramount has the rights now i believe and its in production.... peter VV Jul 13, 2006 10:49 AM Re: Fire walk with me..... Oh I forgot, for some annoying reason, the second series has

never been released as afar as I know , which is pretty piss poor in my opinion. Oh , and the film is a prequel. The Valley Vegan................. Defending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make

sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accusedPeter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

Guest guest

Thanks. All the programmes I like seem to get stopped before the story ends - Invasion, Hex, Strange..... :-(

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, July 13, 2006 6:49 PM

Oh I forgot, for some annoying reason, the second series has never been released as afar as I know , which is pretty piss poor in my opinion. Oh , and the film is a prequel.

The Valley Vegan.................jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Thanks Peter - I will have a look.

Jo

-

peter VV

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:28 PM

There were two seasons of the series on tv and a seperate film. Some of it was funny, some of it was almost disturbing, but well made , directed and different from the usual dross on telly at the time.

I would suggest that you watch the tv series first before the film, to give you more insight , but it could be watched independantly...........

have a read of the wikipedia info :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks

The Valley Vegan...................

jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

I didn't know it was a film as well. How did it compare with the series - I believe the series was quite long. If you think it's good I might get it on video/dvd to watch.

Jo

-

peter VV

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 7:22 PM

I enjoyed its scary quirkyness, and even went to the pictures to see the film.

The Valley Vegan................jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

I saw only one episode of Twin Peaks, and it was weird. I have been waiting for them to have repeats, but none yet.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:28 PM

hey, you designed this bloody language!

you can't get all hopped up on one way when you think its being misused, when the rest of it makes as much sense as an episode of Twin peaks

Peter Jul 11, 2006 1:20 PM Re: Fw: grammar or truth?

Hi Fraggle

>we are talking about healthy and heathful

>tis there anything in those that hint that somehow either word means "eye gouging poison"?

Is there any reason to suppose that the word ex-terminate is not the opposite of terminate? Or that in-flammable is not the opposite of flammable? Or perhaps that in-sane is the same as sane?

Since when did similarity in word sounds mean anything at all?

BB

PeterDefending this corruption on which you are sat You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that `Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

Peter H

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

Hi Jo,

I think Invasion is coming back though.

That happened to me with Dark Angel and Firefly. :(

BB

Nikki

, " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> Thanks. All the programmes I like seem to get stopped before the

story ends - Invasion, Hex, Strange..... :-(

>

> Jo

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

I do hope Invasion has another series. It was left up in the air. We

should at least have a conclusion.

BB

Jo

, " earthstrm " <earthstorm wrote:

>

> Hi Jo,

>

> I think Invasion is coming back though.

>

> That happened to me with Dark Angel and Firefly. :(

>

> BB

> Nikki

>

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

>I think Invasion is coming back though.

I've been doing a bit of web searching.... can't find anything on whether it is or not. Dave's Blog seems to have suddenly become password protected???!!! - ABC were going to make an announcement in May, but I can't find if they did....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

They made the announcement on May 6th on their site. It is coming

back 9/21.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/schedule/2005-06/invasion.html

BB

Nikki

, " Peter Kebbell " <metalscarab

wrote:

>

> Hi Nikki

>

> >I think Invasion is coming back though.

>

> I've been doing a bit of web searching.... can't find anything on

whether it

> is or not. Dave's Blog seems to have suddenly become password

> protected???!!! - ABC were going to make an announcement in May,

but I can't

> find if they did....

>

> BB

> Peter

>

Guest guest

i think thats LAST year's schedule ms. nikki

i have several friends who go ga-ga over various sci-fi shows

and they said the show has been cancelled fer good

>nikki_mackovitch <earthstorm

>Jul 19, 2006 3:40 PM

>

> Re: Fire walk with me.....

>

>Hi Peter

>

>They made the announcement on May 6th on their site. It is coming

>back 9/21.

>

>http://abc.go.com/primetime/schedule/2005-06/invasion.html

>

>BB

>Nikki

>

>

> , " Peter Kebbell " <metalscarab

>wrote:

>>

>> Hi Nikki

>>

>> >I think Invasion is coming back though.

>>

>> I've been doing a bit of web searching.... can't find anything on

>whether it

>> is or not. Dave's Blog seems to have suddenly become password

>> protected???!!! - ABC were going to make an announcement in May,

>but I can't

>> find if they did....

>>

>> BB

>> Peter

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

Do you think that is a re-run?

JO

, " nikki_mackovitch "

<earthstorm wrote:

>

> Hi Peter

>

> They made the announcement on May 6th on their site. It is coming

> back 9/21.

>

> http://abc.go.com/primetime/schedule/2005-06/invasion.html

>

> BB

> Nikki

>

>

> , " Peter Kebbell " <metalscarab@>

> wrote:

> >

> > Hi Nikki

> >

> > >I think Invasion is coming back though.

> >

> > I've been doing a bit of web searching.... can't find anything on

> whether it

> > is or not. Dave's Blog seems to have suddenly become password

> > protected???!!! - ABC were going to make an announcement in May,

> but I can't

> > find if they did....

> >

> > BB

> > Peter

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

>back 9/21.

As much as it pains me to say it, that was the first series last year - they said Wednesday 21 September, and this year that's a Thursday :-(

I'd also heard unofficially that they cancelled it... I just don't get why they keep cancelling popular shows like Invasion and Firefly....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Jo

It was last years schedule unfortunately. :(

BB

Nikki

, " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork

wrote:

>

> Hi Nikki

>

> Do you think that is a re-run?

>

> JO

>

> , " nikki_mackovitch "

> <earthstorm@> wrote:

> >

> > Hi Peter

> >

> > They made the announcement on May 6th on their site. It is

coming

> > back 9/21.

> >

> > http://abc.go.com/primetime/schedule/2005-06/invasion.html

> >

> > BB

> > Nikki

Guest guest

well

to put it simply

they aren't popular enough.....

they have a strong following, but its generally a core

with Invasion, i've heard that folks got bored because the story at the beginning moved too slow, so viewers clicked off

wot, you expect ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS et al not to aim fer the lowest common denominator?

why have a firefly show, when you can just toss out another reality program fer 1/10th the cost and twenty times the viewership?

Peter Kebbell Jul 20, 2006 12:21 AM Re: Re: Fire walk with me.....

Hi Nikki

>back 9/21.

As much as it pains me to say it, that was the first series last year - they said Wednesday 21 September, and this year that's a Thursday :-(

I'd also heard unofficially that they cancelled it... I just don't get why they keep cancelling popular shows like Invasion and Firefly....

BB

Peter

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, “Views Differ on Shape of the Earth

Guest guest

The pace of the show was one of the things I liked. I'm all for blockbuster chases etc. but Invasion had a really good feel to it - the pace was more like real life.

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, July 20, 2006 5:44 PM

Re: Re: Fire walk with me.....

well

to put it simply

they aren't popular enough.....

they have a strong following, but its generally a core

with Invasion, i've heard that folks got bored because the story at the beginning moved too slow, so viewers clicked off

wot, you expect ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS et al not to aim fer the lowest common denominator?

why have a firefly show, when you can just toss out another reality program fer 1/10th the cost and twenty times the viewership?

Peter Kebbell Jul 20, 2006 12:21 AM Re: Re: Fire walk with me.....

Hi Nikki

>back 9/21.

BB

Peter

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, “Views Differ on Shape of the Earth

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

>well

>to put it simply

>they aren't popular enough.....

>they have a strong following, but its generally a core

So, second most popular in it's time slot at the end of the series isn't popular enough for ABC?????

>why have a firefly show, when you can just toss out another reality program fer 1/10th the cost and twenty times the viewership?

Apparently the reason they cancelled Firefly was because it was too popular - advertisers couldn't work out which demographic to advertise to because it was watched by people from all walks of life, so they just wouldn't advertise.....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter

It sounds like they really have no good reason for dropping it. What

do they want - unpopular programmes!

BB

Jo

, " Peter Kebbell " <metalscarab

wrote:

>

> Hi Fraggle

>

> >well

> >to put it simply

> >they aren't popular enough.....

> >they have a strong following, but its generally a core

>

> So, second most popular in it's time slot at the end of the series

isn't

> popular enough for ABC?????

>

> >why have a firefly show, when you can just toss out another

reality program

> fer 1/10th the cost and twenty times the viewership?

>

> Apparently the reason they cancelled Firefly was because it was too

popular

> - advertisers couldn't work out which demographic to advertise to

because it

> was watched by people from all walks of life, so they just wouldn't

> advertise.....

>

> BB

> Peter

>