IndiaDivine.org

Irish Cider?????????????!!!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I sent an e-mail to the makers of Magners cider asking if it was suitable for vegans, and this is the reply. Does this make any sense or is it just me? Peter, No one of the components of an ingredient used in the recipe for Bulmers/Magners cider is derived from an Animal source, therefore Bulmers/Magners is not suitable for vegetarians. This ingredient is widely used in the manufacture of food and drink. The recipe for Bulmers/Magners Original Cider is confidential. I hope this helps you. Regards Amanda Carwood Grayling 3-4 Merrion Place Dublin 2 The Valley Vegan...............Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

ummm

nope

not at all...

i don't think they could have made it more confusing if they tried

peter VV Jul 25, 2006 11:16 AM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!!

I sent an e-mail to the makers of Magners cider asking if it was suitable for vegans, and this is the reply. Does this make any sense or is it just me?

Peter,

No one of the components of an ingredient used in the recipe for Bulmers/Magners cider is derived from an Animal source, therefore Bulmers/Magners is not suitable for vegetarians. This ingredient is widely used in the manufacture of food and drink. The recipe for Bulmers/Magners Original Cider is confidential. I hope this helps you.

Regards

Amanda Carwood

Grayling

3-4 Merrion Place

Dublin 2

The Valley Vegan...............

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

Guest guest

Ah, its just hit me. If you put a comma after the first word ( No ), then it means that one of the ingredients is derived from an animal source.......? The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ummm nope not at all... i don't think they could have made it more confusing if they tried peter VV Jul 25, 2006 11:16 AM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!! I sent an e-mail to the makers of Magners cider asking if it was

suitable for vegans, and this is the reply. Does this make any sense or is it just me? Peter, No one of the components of an ingredient used in the recipe for Bulmers/Magners cider is derived from an Animal source, therefore Bulmers/Magners is not suitable for vegetarians. This ingredient is widely used in the manufacture of food and drink. The recipe for Bulmers/Magners Original Cider is confidential. I hope this helps you. Regards Amanda Carwood Grayling 3-4 Merrion Place Dublin 2 The Valley Vegan............... Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

yeah...there ya gowhich one can you get in wales?

peter VV Jul 25, 2006 11:41 AM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!!

Ah, its just hit me. If you put a comma after the first word ( No ), then it means that one of the ingredients is derived from an animal source.......?

The Valley Vegan..............

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

Guest guest

It just says Magners on the label, my wife fancied it, so I sent off the e-mail to see if I could share, alas to no avail. Good job I have my own stash of Organic Westons cider.............. http://www.westons-cider.co.uk/acatalog/info%5f39%2ehtml The Valley Vegan.................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: yeah...there ya gowhich one can you get in wales? peter VV Jul 25, 2006 11:41 AM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!! Ah, its just hit me. If you

put a comma after the first word ( No ), then it means that one of the ingredients is derived from an animal source.......? The Valley Vegan.............. If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the

Earth"Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I think this is suffering from the "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" disease. In other words, it has incorrect punctuation. My guess is that there should be a comma after the first "No". :-)

I do find it an interesting answer, in that, UK law states that the manufacturers of any food or drink product sold in this country must provide a full list of ingredients if asked, which they seem to be saying they won't provide!

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:16 PM

Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!!

I sent an e-mail to the makers of Magners cider asking if it was suitable for vegans, and this is the reply. Does this make any sense or is it just me?

Peter,

No one of the components of an ingredient used in the recipe for Bulmers/Magners cider is derived from an Animal source, therefore Bulmers/Magners is not suitable for vegetarians. This ingredient is widely used in the manufacture of food and drink. The recipe for Bulmers/Magners Original Cider is confidential. I hope this helps you.

Regards

Amanda Carwood

Grayling

3-4 Merrion Place

Dublin 2

Peter H

Guest guest

ah..i can see a loophole tho!

isinglass isn't "technically" an ingredient, as it isn't in the finished product...its a fining agent...

so, they might be able t oget around it that way....

Peter Jul 26, 2006 5:09 AM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!!

Hi Peter

I think this is suffering from the "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" disease. In other words, it has incorrect punctuation. My guess is that there should be a comma after the first "No". :-)

I do find it an interesting answer, in that, UK law states that the manufacturers of any food or drink product sold in this country must provide a full list of ingredients if asked, which they seem to be saying they won't provide!

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Peter,

Regards

Amanda Carwood

Grayling

3-4 Merrion Place

Dublin 2

Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

That's true - although I'm not aware that Isinglass is widely used in the manufacture of food and drink products.... and if it was that, it would hardly be a major issue to tell people that thye used isinglass for fining... not like anyone could "guess" what the rest of the recipe would be from that!!!! I dunno - the whole response just sounded so dodgy to me, like they use something in their recipe that would put people off their product!

BB

Peter

-

fraggle

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:49 PM

isinglass isn't "technically" an ingredient, as it isn't in the finished product...its a fining agent...

Hi Peter

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Peter,

Regards

Amanda Carwood

Grayling

3-4 Merrion Place

Dublin 2

Peter H

Guest guest

well..i would assume saying "we use fish bladders" might put people off!!!

:)

and, isinglass is used widely in drink products..yer cask conditioned beers over there anyways

actually..since they never said, it might not be isinglass..it could be collagen or something similar

Peter Jul 26, 2006 10:10 AM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!!

Hi Fraggle

That's true - although I'm not aware that Isinglass is widely used in the manufacture of food and drink products.... and if it was that, it would hardly be a major issue to tell people that thye used isinglass for fining... not like anyone could "guess" what the rest of the recipe would be from that!!!! I dunno - the whole response just sounded so dodgy to me, like they use something in their recipe that would put people off their product!

BB

Peter

-

fraggle

Hi Peter

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Peter,

Regards

Amanda Carwood

Grayling

3-4 Merrion Place

Dublin 2

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

Guest guest

Yes its damn hard to find vegan beers over here ( not impossible I might add ) fishy bits or blood whatever is used in wine is often used in beer. Whats wrong with whats used abroad? ( cmon Fraggle nows your chance to shine, what is it fullers earth or something? ) The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: well..i would assume saying "we use fish bladders" might put people off!!! :) and, isinglass is used widely in drink products..yer cask conditioned beers over there anyways actually..since they never said, it might not be isinglass..it could be collagen or something similar Peter Jul 26, 2006 10:10 AM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!! Hi Fraggle That's true - although I'm not aware that Isinglass is widely used in the manufacture of food and drink products.... and if it was that, it would hardly be a major issue to tell people that thye used isinglass for fining... not like anyone could "guess" what the rest of the recipe would be from that!!!! I dunno - the whole response just sounded so dodgy to me, like they use something in their recipe that would put people off their

product! BB Peter - fraggle Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:49 PM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!! ah..i can see a loophole tho! isinglass isn't "technically" an

ingredient, as it isn't in the finished product...its a fining agent... so, they might be able t oget around it that way.... Peter Jul 26, 2006 5:09 AM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!! Hi Peter I think this is suffering from the "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" disease. In other words, it has incorrect punctuation. My guess is that there

should be a comma after the first "No". :-) I do find it an interesting answer, in that, UK law states that the manufacturers of any food or drink product sold in this country must provide a full list of ingredients if asked, which they seem to be saying they won't provide! BB Peter - peter VV Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:16 PM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!! I sent an e-mail to the makers of Magners cider asking if it was suitable for vegans, and this is the reply. Does this make any sense or is it just me? Peter, No one of the components of an ingredient used in the recipe for Bulmers/Magners cider is derived from an Animal source, therefore Bulmers/Magners is not suitable for vegetarians. This ingredient is widely used in the manufacture of food and drink. The recipe for Bulmers/Magners Original Cider is confidential. I hope this helps you. Regards Amanda Carwood Grayling 3-4 Merrion Place Dublin 2 The

Valley Vegan............... Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth" If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

Guest guest

Yes its damn hard to find vegan beers over here ( not impossible I might add ), why cant they use whats used abroad ( cmon Fraggle, nows your chance to shine, what is it Fullers earth or something?) The Valley Vegan............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Fraggle That's true - although I'm not aware that Isinglass is widely used in the manufacture of food and drink products.... and if it was that, it would hardly be a major issue to tell people that thye used isinglass for fining... not like anyone could "guess" what the rest of the recipe would be from that!!!! I dunno - the whole response just sounded so dodgy to

me, like they use something in their recipe that would put people off their product! BB Peter - fraggle Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:49 PM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!! ah..i can see a loophole tho! isinglass isn't "technically" an ingredient, as it isn't in the finished product...its a fining agent... so, they might be able t oget around it that way.... Peter Jul 26, 2006 5:09 AM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!! Hi Peter I think this is suffering from the "Eats, Shoots and

Leaves" disease. In other words, it has incorrect punctuation. My guess is that there should be a comma after the first "No". :-) I do find it an interesting answer, in that, UK law states that the manufacturers of any food or drink product sold in this country must provide a full list of ingredients if asked, which they seem to be saying they won't provide! BB Peter - peter VV Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:16 PM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!! I sent an e-mail to the makers of Magners cider asking if it was suitable for vegans, and this is the reply. Does this make any sense or is it just me? Peter, No one of the components of an ingredient used in the recipe for Bulmers/Magners cider is derived from an Animal source, therefore Bulmers/Magners is not suitable for vegetarians. This ingredient is widely used in the manufacture of food and drink. The recipe for Bulmers/Magners Original Cider is confidential. I hope this helps you. Regards Amanda Carwood Grayling 3-4 Merrion Place Dublin 2 The Valley Vegan............... Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth" Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Guest guest

Yep that would be it, as you say it isnt added to it so it cant be an ingredient. The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ah..i can see a loophole tho! isinglass isn't "technically" an ingredient, as it isn't in the finished product...its a fining agent... so, they might be able t oget around it that way.... Peter Jul 26, 2006 5:09 AM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!! Hi Peter I think this is suffering from the "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" disease. In other words, it has incorrect punctuation. My guess is that there should be a comma after the first "No". :-) I do find it an interesting answer, in that, UK law states that the manufacturers of any food or drink product sold in this country must provide a full list of ingredients if asked, which they seem to be saying they won't provide! BB Peter - peter VV Tuesday, July 25, 2006 7:16 PM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!! I sent an e-mail to the makers of Magners cider asking if it was suitable for vegans, and this is the reply. Does this make any sense or is it just me? Peter, No one of the components of an ingredient used in the recipe

for Bulmers/Magners cider is derived from an Animal source, therefore Bulmers/Magners is not suitable for vegetarians. This ingredient is widely used in the manufacture of food and drink. The recipe for Bulmers/Magners Original Cider is confidential. I hope this helps you. Regards Amanda Carwood Grayling 3-4 Merrion Place Dublin 2 The Valley Vegan............... Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"Peter H

Guest guest

most beers over here are filtered with DME...(diatomaceous earth), or some sort of forced plate system

(beer is pumped thru a series of thin membrane filters in between plates)

i believe forced plate is used the most...

peter VV Jul 26, 2006 11:10 AM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!!

Yes its damn hard to find vegan beers over here ( not impossible I might add ) fishy bits or blood whatever is used in wine is often used in beer. Whats wrong with whats used abroad? ( cmon Fraggle nows your chance to shine, what is it fullers earth or something? )

The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

well..i would assume saying "we use fish bladders" might put people off!!!

:)

and, isinglass is used widely in drink products..yer cask conditioned beers over there anyways

actually..since they never said, it might not be isinglass..it could be collagen or something similar

Peter Jul 26, 2006 10:10 AM Re: Irish Cider?????????????!!!!!

Hi Fraggle

BB

Peter

-

fraggle

Hi Peter

BB

Peter

-

peter VV

Peter,

Regards

Amanda Carwood

Grayling

3-4 Merrion Place

Dublin 2

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth" If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" The Wall Street Journal

Guest guest

It is confusing, but I think that she just forgot a comma after the

first word " No " .

Nikki

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> I sent an e-mail to the makers of Magners cider asking if it was

suitable for vegans, and this is the reply. Does this make any sense

or is it just me?

>

> Peter,

> No one of the components of an ingredient used in the recipe for