IndiaDivine.org

din din

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm sorry to hear that. Vet's fees are so expensive. I know when our budgie was ill it cost us £600 for the treatment! I hope he gets better soon.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, August 18, 2006 8:43 PM

Re: Re: din din

the runs/sickness/off food, in other words , anyones guess?, vets just guess at things like that dont they?

had 3 injections and have tablets to give him ( the kitten - not the vet!)

The Valley Vegan............

those are pretty general symptoms

how long?

anything change with kitten's life lately? new food? playmates gone? stress?

what sort of shots?

peter VV Aug 18, 2006 3:43 PM Re: Re: din din

the runs/sickness/off food, in other words , anyones guess?, vets just guess at things like that dont they?

The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

What's the matter with your kitten Peter?

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:37 PM

I know what you mean about vets fees, my kitten is ill and has cost us 60 quid so far ( must get insurance ).

Unfortunately feline aids is hereditary, and if your cat was the offspring of a wild cat then it too could have it, but not show any symptoms as of yet.

It is worth getting the shots, feline lukemia is an awful disease ( as in humans ), I have lost 1 cat to it, and it is contagious amongst felines.

Get Insurance!, but check out policies first as some may appear cheaper on the monthly payments, but the excess isusually higher so you get bugger all back...........

The Valley Vegan.........

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

was off food for 2 days before we went to vets had 2 different shots, 1 was a broad spectrum anti biotic ( I assume ), the other I dont know but he did have a temperature as well.Next day we went back he had 1 shot and was pronounced well enough to eat boiled chicken/fish and rice.house stinks of fish today.urgh........... Unfortuntely there are a lot of unthinking people who throw scraps out ( my next door neighbour is one and thinks she is doing the cats a favour! ) already found 1 dead rat in the garden.......... people use slug pellets.............other people just dont like cats and put worse things down ( another guy a couple of doors up has been heard talking about shooting cats...........) What can u do? human nature...... The Valley Vegan.................. fraggle <EBbrewpunx

wrote: those are pretty general symptoms how long? anything change with kitten's life lately? new food? playmates gone? stress? what sort of shots? peter VV Aug 18, 2006 3:43 PM Re: Re: din din the runs/sickness/off food, in other words , anyones guess?, vets just guess at things like that dont they? had 3 injections and have tablets to give him ( the kitten - not the vet!) The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork

wrote: What's the matter with your kitten Peter? Jo - peter VV Friday, August 18, 2006 7:37 PM Re: Re: din din I know what you mean about vets fees, my kitten is ill and has cost us 60 quid so far ( must get insurance ). Unfortunately feline aids is hereditary, and if your cat was the offspring of a wild cat then it too could have it, but not show any symptoms as of yet. It is worth getting the shots, feline lukemia is an awful disease ( as in humans ), I have lost 1 cat to it, and it is contagious amongst felines. Get Insurance!, but check out policies first as some may appear cheaper on the monthly payments, but the excess isusually higher so you get bugger all back........... The Valley Vegan......... Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

seems to have perked up......... The Valley Vegan.........jo <jo.heartwork wrote: I'm sorry to hear that. Vet's fees are so expensive. I know when our budgie was ill it cost us £600 for the treatment! I hope he gets better soon. Jo - peter VV Friday, August 18, 2006 8:43 PM Re: Re: din din the runs/sickness/off food, in other words , anyones guess?, vets just guess at things like that dont they? had 3 injections and have tablets to give him ( the kitten - not the vet!) The Valley Vegan............ Peter H

i read..somewhere...that giving cats an anti-biotic shot for diarrhea is actually a pretty bad thing to do.

but..if kitty is looking better today...good luck to the lil tyke

peter VV Aug 18, 2006 5:11 PM Re: Re: din din

was off food for 2 days before we went to vets had 2 different shots, 1 was a broad spectrum anti biotic ( I assume ), the other I dont know but he did have a temperature as well.Next day we went back he had 1 shot and was pronounced well enough to eat boiled chicken/fish and rice.house stinks of fish today.urgh...........

Unfortuntely there are a lot of unthinking people who throw scraps out ( my next door neighbour is one and thinks she is doing the cats a favour! ) already found 1 dead rat in the garden..........

people use slug pellets.............other people just dont like cats and put worse things down ( another guy a couple of doors up has been heard talking about shooting cats...........)

What can u do? human nature......

The Valley Vegan..................

fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

those are pretty general symptoms

how long?

anything change with kitten's life lately? new food? playmates gone? stress?

what sort of shots?

peter VV Aug 18, 2006 3:43 PM Re: Re: din din

The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

What's the matter with your kitten Peter?

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:37 PM

I know what you mean about vets fees, my kitten is ill and has cost us 60 quid so far ( must get insurance ).

Unfortunately feline aids is hereditary, and if your cat was the offspring of a wild cat then it too could have it, but not show any symptoms as of yet.

It is worth getting the shots, feline lukemia is an awful disease ( as in humans ), I have lost 1 cat to it, and it is contagious amongst felines.

Get Insurance!, but check out policies first as some may appear cheaper on the monthly payments, but the excess isusually higher so you get bugger all back...........

The Valley Vegan.........

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

Peter H

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

I am glad you liked it. :)

-

louis stott

Saturday, August 12, 2006 2:49 PM

Re: Fw: din din

iv tryed the( spicy dill dip ) i did not put in the onion lo becos i dont like

onion , it was fab fab fab fab fab very nice thank you Tara Van Nostrand <et0ile13 (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

So has anyone tried the dips I put on here. I would like to know what you all think of them

- Tara Van Nostrand

Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:48 PM

Re: din din

here is that recipe you asked for and I will also give you the Spicy Dill Dip I found from Peta as well. My co-workers love both of them even though they are vegan.

Curry Dip

1 c "Mayonnaise" 1 tablespoon Tarragon Vinegar

1 tsp Minced Onion 1 tsp Garlic Salt

1 tsp Curry Powder 1 tsp Dry Horseradish

Mix all together and chill for about 30 Min. Always stir before you serve

Spicy Dill Dip

1/2 cup vegan sour cream (try Tofutti brand) 3 Tbsp. vegan mayonnaise (try Vegenaise) 1 Tbsp. minced fresh dill1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley1 Tbsp. minced green onion1 Tbsp. hot sauce1 garlic clove, minced1/2 tsp. dry mustard1/4 tsp. soy sauceSalt and pepper, to taste

• Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with the salt and pepper. • Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

-

jo

Friday, July 28, 2006 3:19 PM

Hi Tara

Could you let us have your recipe for the dip :-)

Jo

-

Tara Van Nostrand

Friday, July 28, 2006 2:48 AM

that sounds so yummy. I am going to try to make some curry dishes cause I love curry. I make a curry dip to go on veggies and I love it so much

-

peter VV

Thursday, July 27, 2006 2:53 PM

Ah this is one of those "rub your noses in it" moments, I had chickpea spinach and cocnut curry with rice................just doesnt compare does it?

Yah good news, my blueberries are ripening, bad news is I go away for a week on Saturday!..........I`m sure they have been waiting............

The Valley Vegan...................fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote:

since i'm quickly losing my mind here at workthought i'd take a breakand since i have nuthin important to sayhere's last nite dinner :)we made a sorta vegan chicken paremsean...actually...i've never had chicken parmesean, so no idea if it was anywhere like it..butanywayswe had some vegan *chicken steaks* from layona..we breaded these with organic flour, some organic corn meal, and spices..added a touch of soy milk and fried em upseperatly we made a sauce: tomatoes, basil and garlic from the garden, and added a teaspoon of nutrit. yeastafter this had condensed down and stewed awhile, we added they breaded *chicken* to em, placed crushed walnuts on top, and baked em in the ovenalso..we made some pasta..linguini...with pesto(more basil from the garden)garlic breadand salad(lettuce, spinach and tomatoes from the garden)i have to admit..it was dang tasty.....If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"To send an email to -

I spoke too soon, gave her the first of her ant biotic tablets last night and he had the squirts................. The Valley Vegan.........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i read..somewhere...that giving cats an anti-biotic shot for diarrhea is actually a pretty bad thing to do. but..if kitty is looking better today...good luck to the lil tyke peter VV Aug 18, 2006 5:11 PM Re: Re: din din was off food for 2 days before we went to vets had 2

different shots, 1 was a broad spectrum anti biotic ( I assume ), the other I dont know but he did have a temperature as well.Next day we went back he had 1 shot and was pronounced well enough to eat boiled chicken/fish and rice.house stinks of fish today.urgh........... Unfortuntely there are a lot of unthinking people who throw scraps out ( my next door neighbour is one and thinks she is doing the cats a favour! ) already found 1 dead rat in the garden.......... people use slug pellets.............other people just dont like cats and put worse things down ( another guy a couple of doors up has been heard talking about shooting cats...........) What can u do? human nature...... The Valley Vegan.................. fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: those are pretty general symptoms how long? anything change with kitten's life lately? new food? playmates gone? stress? what sort of shots? peter VV Aug 18, 2006 3:43 PM Re: Re: din din the runs/sickness/off food, in other words , anyones guess?, vets just guess at things like that dont they? had 3 injections and have tablets to give him ( the kitten - not the vet!) The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: What's the matter with your kitten Peter? Jo - peter VV Friday, August 18, 2006 7:37 PM Re: Re: din

din I know what you mean about vets fees, my kitten is ill and has cost us 60 quid so far ( must get insurance ). Unfortunately feline aids is hereditary, and if your cat was the offspring of a wild cat then it too could have it, but not show any symptoms as of yet. It is worth getting the shots, feline lukemia is an awful disease ( as in humans ), I have lost 1 cat to it, and it is contagious amongst felines. Get Insurance!, but check out policies first as some may appear cheaper on the monthly payments, but the excess isusually higher so you get bugger all back........... The Valley Vegan......... Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth" Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.