IndiaDivine.org

Metallica embrace digital stores

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Metallica embrace digital stores Metallica released their debut album Kill 'Em All in 1983 Rock band Metallica have finally made their entire music catalogue available to download from the internet. Fans can buy individual songs from their 10 albums after the band relented on a longstanding refusal to make them available on iTunes and Napster. In 2001, Metallica settled a

legal case against Napster - when it was a file- sharing service - for allowing users to download songs without permission. On iTunes the songs are available for download in the US and Canada only. Live tracks Complete Metallica albums and live concerts have previously been available via other music internet sites and on their own website. But the band had never allowed digital music services to sell single songs until now. A statement on the band's website said: "Over the last year or so, we have seen an ever-growing number of Metallica fans using online sites like iTunes to get their music. "So, in continuing with the tradition of offering our albums for sale online as well as making our live concerts available for download in their entirety we are now offering fans the opportunity to obtain our songs individually." The band have also made available previously unreleased live tracks along with their

back catalogue of albums, from their 1983 debut Kill 'Em All to 2004's Some Kind of Monster. Mercury Records, Metallica's record label outside the US, was not immediately available for comment on when the songs would be made available on iTunes outside the US and Canada. Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

What they mean is 'oh dear, we're not very popular now, how can we make more money?'

BB

Jo (ex-Metallica fan)

-

peter VV

Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:19 PM

Re: Metallica embrace digital stores

Metallica released their debut album Kill 'Em All in 1983 Rock band Metallica have finally made their entire music catalogue available to download from the internet. Fans can buy individual songs from their 10 albums after the band relented on a longstanding refusal to make them available on iTunes and Napster. In 2001, Metallica settled a legal case against Napster - when it was a file- sharing service - for allowing users to download songs without permission. On iTunes the songs are available for download in the US and Canada only.

Live tracks Complete Metallica albums and live concerts have previously been available via other music internet sites and on their own website. But the band had never allowed digital music services to sell single songs until now. A statement on the band's website said: "Over the last year or so, we have seen an ever-growing number of Metallica fans using online sites like iTunes to get their music. "So, in continuing with the tradition of offering our albums for sale online as well as making our live concerts available for download in their entirety we are now offering fans the opportunity to obtain our songs individually." The band have also made available previously unreleased live tracks along with their back catalogue of albums, from their 1983 debut Kill 'Em All to 2004's Some Kind of Monster. Mercury Records, Metallica's record label outside the US, was not immediately available for comment on when the songs would be made available on iTunes outside the US and Canada.

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

well I am sorry but Saint Anger was really bad. I didn't even bother to buy it

-

jo

Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:26 PM

What they mean is 'oh dear, we're not very popular now, how can we make more money?'

BB

Jo (ex-Metallica fan)

-

peter VV

Metallica released their debut album Kill 'Em All in 1983 Rock band Metallica have finally made their entire music catalogue available to download from the internet. Fans can buy individual songs from their 10 albums after the band relented on a longstanding refusal to make them available on iTunes and Napster. In 2001, Metallica settled a legal case against Napster - when it was a file- sharing service - for allowing users to download songs without permission. On iTunes the songs are available for download in the US and Canada only.

Live tracks Complete Metallica albums and live concerts have previously been available via other music internet sites and on their own website. But the band had never allowed digital music services to sell single songs until now. A statement on the band's website said: "Over the last year or so, we have seen an ever-growing number of Metallica fans using online sites like iTunes to get their music. "So, in continuing with the tradition of offering our albums for sale online as well as making our live concerts available for download in their entirety we are now offering fans the opportunity to obtain our songs individually." The band have also made available previously unreleased live tracks along with their back catalogue of albums, from their 1983 debut Kill 'Em All to 2004's Some Kind of Monster. Mercury Records, Metallica's record label outside the US, was not immediately available for comment on when the songs would be made available on iTunes outside the US and Canada.

Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Tara

I gave up on 'em long before that.... I like everything up to the black album... and almost all of the black album (not keen on The Unforgiven, but other than that I enjoyed it).... but after that they just got into drugs and alcohol a bit too much, and it really affected their music... and not in a good way IMO! :-(

BB

Peter

On 28/07/06, Tara Van Nostrand <et0ile13 wrote:

-

jo

BB

Jo (ex-Metallica fan)

-

peter VV

Metallica released their debut album Kill 'Em All in 1983 Rock band Metallica have finally made their entire music catalogue available to download from the internet. Fans can buy individual songs from their 10 albums after the band relented on a longstanding refusal to make them available on iTunes and Napster. In 2001, Metallica settled a legal case against Napster - when it was a file- sharing service - for allowing users to download songs without permission. On iTunes the songs are available for download in the US and Canada only. Live tracks Complete Metallica albums and live concerts have previously been available via other music internet sites and on their own website. But the band had never allowed digital music services to sell single songs until now. A statement on the band's website said: " Over the last year or so, we have seen an ever-growing number of Metallica fans using online sites like iTunes to get their music. " So, in continuing with the tradition of offering our albums for sale online as well as making our live concerts available for download in their entirety we are now offering fans the opportunity to obtain our songs individually. " The band have also made available previously unreleased live tracks along with their back catalogue of albums, from their 1983 debut Kill 'Em All to 2004's Some Kind of Monster. Mercury Records, Metallica's record label outside the US, was not immediately available for comment on when the songs would be made available on iTunes outside the US and Canada.

Peter H

All new Mail " The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use. " - PC Magazine

Guest guest

Me too ( although I do like the unforgiven ), I agree about the self abuse, and did you here st anger?! what a pile of bullshit...... The Valley Vegan............Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Tara I gave up on 'em long before that.... I like everything up to the black album... and almost all of the black album (not keen on The Unforgiven, but other than that I enjoyed it).... but after that they just got into drugs and alcohol a bit too much, and it really affected their music... and not in a good way IMO! :-( BB Peter On 28/07/06, Tara Van Nostrand <et0ile13 wrote: well I am sorry but Saint Anger was really bad. I didn't even bother to buy it - jo Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:26 PM Re: Metallica embrace digital stores What they mean is 'oh dear, we're not very popular now, how can we make more money?' BB Jo (ex-Metallica fan) - peter VV Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:19 PM Re: Metallica embrace digital stores Metallica embrace digital stores Metallica released their debut album Kill 'Em All in 1983 Rock band Metallica have finally made their

entire music catalogue available to download from the internet. Fans can buy individual songs from their 10 albums after the band relented on a longstanding refusal to make them available on iTunes and Napster. In 2001, Metallica settled a legal case against Napster - when it was a file- sharing service - for allowing users to download songs without permission. On iTunes the songs are available for download in the US and Canada only. Live tracks Complete Metallica albums and live concerts have previously been available via other music internet sites and on their own website. But the band had never allowed digital music services to sell single songs until now. A statement on the band's website said: "Over the last year or so, we have seen an ever-growing number of Metallica fans using online sites like iTunes to get their music. "So, in continuing with the tradition of offering our albums for sale online as

well as making our live concerts available for download in their entirety we are now offering fans the opportunity to obtain our songs individually." The band have also made available previously unreleased live tracks along with their back catalogue of albums, from their 1983 debut Kill 'Em All to 2004's Some Kind of Monster. Mercury Records, Metallica's record label outside the US, was not immediately available for comment on when the songs would be made available on iTunes outside the US and Canada. Peter H All

new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Peter H

Guest guest

Bingo - got it in one! give that gal a banana! given up trying to sue their fans! The Valley Vegan.......jo <jo.heartwork wrote: What they mean is 'oh dear, we're not very popular now, how can we make more money?' BB Jo (ex-Metallica fan) - peter VV Thursday, July 27, 2006 8:19 PM Re: Metallica embrace digital stores Metallica embrace digital stores Metallica

released their debut album Kill 'Em All in 1983 Rock band Metallica have finally made their entire music catalogue available to download from the internet. Fans can buy individual songs from their 10 albums after the band relented on a longstanding refusal to make them available on iTunes and Napster. In 2001, Metallica settled a legal case against Napster - when it was a file- sharing service - for allowing users to download songs without permission. On iTunes the songs are available for download in the US and Canada only. Live tracks Complete Metallica albums and live concerts have previously been available via other music internet sites and on their own website. But the band had never allowed digital music services to sell single songs until now. A statement on the band's website said: "Over the last year or so, we have seen an

ever-growing number of Metallica fans using online sites like iTunes to get their music. "So, in continuing with the tradition of offering our albums for sale online as well as making our live concerts available for download in their entirety we are now offering fans the opportunity to obtain our songs individually." The band have also made available previously unreleased live tracks along with their back catalogue of albums, from their 1983 debut Kill 'Em All to 2004's Some Kind of Monster. Mercury Records, Metallica's record label outside the US, was not immediately available for comment on when the songs would be made available on iTunes outside the US and Canada. Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

Guest guest

yeah..cuz obviously they weren't drunken louts in the old days...ie: Dave mustaine....

eh..i'll just keep quiet..sorry...don't even like metallica

peter VV Jul 28, 2006 11:38 AM Re: Metallica embrace digital stores

Me too ( although I do like the unforgiven ), I agree about the self abuse, and did you here st anger?! what a pile of bullshit......

The Valley Vegan............Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Tara

I gave up on 'em long before that.... I like everything up to the black album... and almost all of the black album (not keen on The Unforgiven, but other than that I enjoyed it).... but after that they just got into drugs and alcohol a bit too much, and it really affected their music... and not in a good way IMO! :-(

BB

Peter

-

jo

BB

Jo (ex-Metallica fan)

-

peter VV

Metallica released their debut album Kill 'Em All in 1983 Rock band Metallica have finally made their entire music catalogue available to download from the internet. Fans can buy individual songs from their 10 albums after the band relented on a longstanding refusal to make them available on iTunes and Napster. In 2001, Metallica settled a legal case against Napster - when it was a file- sharing service - for allowing users to download songs without permission. On iTunes the songs are available for download in the US and Canada only. Live tracks Complete Metallica albums and live concerts have previously been available via other music internet sites and on their own website. But the band had never allowed digital music services to sell single songs until now. A statement on the band's website said: "Over the last year or so, we have seen an ever-growing number of Metallica fans using online sites like iTunes to get their music. "So, in continuing with the tradition of offering our albums for sale online as well as making our live concerts available for download in their entirety we are now offering fans the opportunity to obtain our songs individually." The band have also made available previously unreleased live tracks along with their back catalogue of albums, from their 1983 debut Kill 'Em All to 2004's Some Kind of Monster. Mercury Records, Metallica's record label outside the US, was not immediately available for comment on when the songs would be made available on iTunes outside the US and Canada.

Peter H

Peter H

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

Guest guest

It was terrible - I never bought it either. We still listen to the old stuff though.

Jo

-

Tara Van Nostrand

Friday, July 28, 2006 2:51 AM

-

jo

BB

Jo (ex-Metallica fan)

-

peter VV

Peter H

Guest guest

The whole album was terrible - music wise, and production wise. They obviously lost all their credibility.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:38 PM

Me too ( although I do like the unforgiven ), I agree about the self abuse, and did you here st anger?! what a pile of bullshit......

Hi Tara

BB

Peter

-

jo

BB

Jo (ex-Metallica fan)

-

peter VV

Metallica released their debut album Kill 'Em All in 1983 Rock band Metallica have finally made their entire music catalogue available to download from the internet. Fans can buy individual songs from their 10 albums after the band relented on a longstanding refusal to make them available on iTunes and Napster. In 2001, Metallica settled a legal case against Napster - when it was a file- sharing service - for allowing users to download songs without permission. On iTunes the songs are available for download in the US and Canada only. Live tracks Complete Metallica albums and live concerts have previously been available via other music internet sites and on their own website. But the band had never allowed digital music services to sell single songs until now. A statement on the band's website said: "Over the last year or so, we have seen an ever-growing number of Metallica fans using online sites like iTunes to get their music. "So, in continuing with the tradition of offering our albums for sale online as well as making our live concerts available for download in their entirety we are now offering fans the opportunity to obtain our songs individually." The band have also made available previously unreleased live tracks along with their back catalogue of albums, from their 1983 debut Kill 'Em All to 2004's Some Kind of Monster. Mercury Records, Metallica's record label outside the US, was not immediately available for comment on when the songs would be made available on iTunes outside the US and Canada.

Peter H

Peter H

Guest guest

LOL - let's hope they have given it up.

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:42 PM

Bingo - got it in one! give that gal a banana! given up trying to sue their fans!

The Valley Vegan.......jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

BB

Jo (ex-Metallica fan)

-

peter VV

Peter H

Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

Guest guest

I thought James Hetfield got rid of Dave Mustaine because he had drug and drink problems. Master of Puppets was a song written about how silly it is to get hooked on drugs.

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:53 PM

yeah..cuz obviously they weren't drunken louts in the old days...ie: Dave mustaine....

Hi Tara

BB

Peter

-

jo

BB

Jo (ex-Metallica fan)

-

peter VV

Peter H

Peter H

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

Guest guest

oh they did

but they were huge alkies back in the day

i read something somewhere about their first manager kicking them out of his haus because they drank his place dry

jo Jul 28, 2006 12:32 PM Re: Metallica embrace digital stores

I thought James Hetfield got rid of Dave Mustaine because he had drug and drink problems. Master of Puppets was a song written about how silly it is to get hooked on drugs.

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:53 PM

Hi Tara

BB

Peter

-

jo

BB

Jo (ex-Metallica fan)

-

peter VV

Peter H

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

"NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President."

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

>yeah..cuz obviously they weren't drunken louts in the old days...ie: Dave mustaine....

Ummm - you ever actually listened to the words for Master Of Puppets?

Mustaine also wasn't a " drunken lout " , he was a heroin addict. He was kicked out before they became famous, and the rest of the band never used to get drunk while performing....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

nope....

but i can tell you they were big drinkers...

they certainly weren't straight edge

:)

Peter Kebbell Jul 28, 2006 3:45 PM Re: Metallica embrace digital stores

Hi Fraggle

>yeah..cuz obviously they weren't drunken louts in the old days...ie: Dave mustaine....

Ummm - you ever actually listened to the words for Master Of Puppets?

Mustaine also wasn't a "drunken lout", he was a heroin addict. He was kicked out before they became famous, and the rest of the band never used to get drunk while performing....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

wow I hated The Unforgiven too. Everyone else loved it. Its not a great song and its nice to find someone else who feels the same way.

-

Peter Kebbell

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:20 AM

Hi Tara

BB

Peter

On 28/07/06, Tara Van Nostrand <et0ile13 (AT) hotmail (DOT) com> wrote:

-

jo

BB

Jo (ex-Metallica fan)

-

peter VV

Peter H