IndiaDivine.org

Saturday weather

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Peter (VV)

I have a bone to pick with you - you said you would see what you could do with the weather for my daughter's wedding - I thought you meant something good!!!!

Jo

Sorry Jo, A couple of non union clouds broke through.What can I say? The Valley Vegan.....................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Peter (VV) I have a bone to pick with you - you said you would see what you could do with the weather for my daughter's wedding - I thought you meant something good!!!! Jo Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

maybe you didn't specify(in triplicate) what you meant by good?

jo Aug 13, 2006 12:55 PM Saturday weather

Peter (VV)

I have a bone to pick with you - you said you would see what you could do with the weather for my daughter's wedding - I thought you meant something good!!!!

Jo

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

Not to worry Peter - these things happen. It was a very happy day for everyone, very enjoyable - and Peter did a lovely handfasting for them too.

Jo

-

peter VV

Monday, August 14, 2006 10:24 AM

Re: Saturday weather

Sorry Jo,

A couple of non union clouds broke through.What can I say?

The Valley Vegan.....................jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Peter (VV)

Jo

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Glad you had a good time. The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Not to worry Peter - these things happen. It was a very happy day for everyone, very enjoyable - and Peter did a lovely handfasting for them too. Jo - peter VV Monday, August 14, 2006 10:24 AM Re: Saturday weather Sorry Jo, A couple of non union clouds broke through.What can I say? The Valley Vegan.....................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Peter (VV) I have a bone to pick with you - you said you would see what you could do with the

weather for my daughter's wedding - I thought you meant something good!!!! Jo Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Peter H

Hi Jo

Uh oh, how did it go?

BB

Nikki

, " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> Peter (VV)

>

> I have a bone to pick with you - you said you would see what you

could do with the weather for my daughter's wedding - I thought you

meant something good!!!!

>

> Jo

>

Hi Nikki

The wedding was lovely - quite informal. There were over 50 people - just

fitted into the Register Officer. The picnic in the park was called off

because of the rain and chilliness, so we took over the nearest pub - stayed

there for a couple of hours and then went to the back room (more like a

hall) at Laura and Nate's local, which they had booked, where all the food

that people had brought for the picnic was laid out. The landlord laid on a

free glass of champagne for everybody. The whole day was very pleasant, and

their friends are really nice. Later in the afternoon there was a time when

the rain stopped so we all went into the yard behind the pub and Peter

conducted a lovely, happy handfasting which everyone enjoyed. Laura and

Nate jumped the broomstick, and intended to wear the handfasting cords for

24 hours, but didn't get that far. They had loads of lovely presents, even

though they said they didn't want any. We saw Laura and Nate again the next

day and they both had a great time, as did we.

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <earthstorm

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:22 PM

> Hi Jo

>

> Uh oh, how did it go?

>

> BB

> Nikki

>

>

> , " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

> >

> > Peter (VV)

> >

> > I have a bone to pick with you - you said you would see what you

> could do with the weather for my daughter's wedding - I thought you

> meant something good!!!!

> >

> > Jo

> >

>

To send an email to -

>

Sounds like you had a lovely time. I`m interested in a couple of things: 1. Jumping a broomstick? - I`ve seen something in films - normally of black couples in years gone past, so is it something to do with voodoo? 2.Handfasting, which I assume is some pagan ceremony to symbolise two people joining together? do you have to have some authority to carry out a ceremony? some sort of pagan priest? excuse my ignorance..........and once again, apologies for the weather........ The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi NikkiThe wedding was lovely - quite informal. There were over 50 people - justfitted into the Register Officer. The picnic in the park was called offbecause of the rain and chilliness, so we took over the

nearest pub - stayedthere for a couple of hours and then went to the back room (more like ahall) at Laura and Nate's local, which they had booked, where all the foodthat people had brought for the picnic was laid out. The landlord laid on afree glass of champagne for everybody. The whole day was very pleasant, andtheir friends are really nice. Later in the afternoon there was a time whenthe rain stopped so we all went into the yard behind the pub and Peterconducted a lovely, happy handfasting which everyone enjoyed. Laura andNate jumped the broomstick, and intended to wear the handfasting cords for24 hours, but didn't get that far. They had loads of lovely presents, eventhough they said they didn't want any. We saw Laura and Nate again the nextday and they both had a great time, as did we.BBJo-"earthstrm" Sent:

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:22 PM Re: Saturday weather> Hi Jo>> Uh oh, how did it go?>> BB> Nikki>>> , "jo" wrote:> >> > Peter (VV)> >> > I have a bone to pick with you - you said you would see what you> could do with the weather for my daughter's wedding - I thought you> meant something good!!!!> >> > Jo> >>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Hi Peter

A Handfasting is a Pagan wedding ceremony - equicalent of a church wedding. They had the official ceremony and signing of the register in the morning. With a church wedding the official part comes with the signing of the register after the ceremony in the room next to the church. No permission is needed to have a Handfasting. It is a way for a couple to commit to each other, and make personal vows that may not be included in the official ceremony. Anyone can conduct a Handfasting, but obviously you would choose someone you trusted to be able to conduct a ritual properly, and who knows what they are doing. Some people call themselves priests/esses and conduct handfastings, but it can be done by anyone. Usually of course, you would choose a Pagan person. Jumping the broomstick is something that happened way back, before official wedding ceremonies were invented. It signifies leaving one life, and 'jumping' into another. I don't know if it is something that happens in voodoo - it may well be.

There were only a few people there who knew anything about Handfasting, but everyone joined in, and everyone enjoyed it and said it was a lovely occasion. There was a little girl of about 5, and she joined in everything and said that it was so nice she wanted to get married that way.

Jo

-

peter VV

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:21 PM

Re: Re: Saturday weather

Sounds like you had a lovely time.

I`m interested in a couple of things:

1. Jumping a broomstick? - I`ve seen something in films - normally of black couples in years gone past, so is it something to do with voodoo?

2.Handfasting, which I assume is some pagan ceremony to symbolise two people joining together? do you have to have some authority to carry out a ceremony? some sort of pagan priest?

excuse my ignorance..........and once again, apologies for the weather........

The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi NikkiThe wedding was lovely - quite informal. There were over 50 people - justfitted into the Register Officer. The picnic in the park was called offbecause of the rain and chilliness, so we took over the nearest pub - stayedthere for a couple of hours and then went to the back room (more like ahall) at Laura and Nate's local, which they had booked, where all the foodthat people had brought for the picnic was laid out. The landlord laid on afree glass of champagne for everybody. The whole day was very pleasant, andtheir friends are really nice. Later in the afternoon there was a time whenthe rain stopped so we all went into the yard behind the pub and Peterconducted a lovely, happy handfasting which everyone enjoyed. Laura andNate jumped the broomstick, and intended to wear the handfasting cords for24 hours, but didn't get that far. They had loads of lovely presents, eventhough they said they didn't want any. We saw Laura and Nate again the nextday and they both had a great time, as did we.BBJo-"earthstrm" Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:22 PM Re: Saturday weather> Hi Jo>> Uh oh, how did it go?>> BB> Nikki>>> , "jo" wrote:> >> > Peter (VV)> >> > I have a bone to pick with you - you said you would see what you> could do with the weather for my daughter's wedding - I thought you> meant something good!!!!> >> > Jo> >>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Hi Peter

>1. Jumping a broomstick? - I`ve seen something in films - normally of black couples in years gone past, so is it something to do with voodoo?

Tis an ancient fertility rite. I have no idea of the origins, but it was certainly popular in medieval England...

>2.Handfasting, which I assume is some pagan ceremony to symbolise two people joining together? do you have to have some authority to carry out a ceremony?

> some sort of pagan priest?

Handfasting is a pagan "wedding". There's no sort of "body" that authorises people to be priests within Paganism - although there are some bodies that might like to try. Pagansim is partly about doing things the way you want them done, not the way someone else tells you it has to be done, so having some sort of "authorised" priesthood would be anathema to it. Of course, you can buy priesthoods on the net if you really want some sort of certificate... but generally people who are good at leading ceremonies & rituals will lead the ceremonies & rituals, and you can get anyone you like to perform a handfasting. I have to say, that as my first ever handfasting (in the priest/ess role that is), I thoroughly enjoyed it, and would love the opportunity to do more :-)

BB

Peter

Hi Peter

How do you fancy doing a 40th anniversary ritual in 2 years? :-)

BBJo

-

Peter

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:37 PM

Re: Re: Saturday weather

Hi Peter

>1. Jumping a broomstick? - I`ve seen something in films - normally of black couples in years gone past, so is it something to do with voodoo?

Tis an ancient fertility rite. I have no idea of the origins, but it was certainly popular in medieval England...

>2.Handfasting, which I assume is some pagan ceremony to symbolise two people joining together? do you have to have some authority to carry out a ceremony?

> some sort of pagan priest?

Handfasting is a pagan "wedding". There's no sort of "body" that authorises people to be priests within Paganism - although there are some bodies that might like to try. Pagansim is partly about doing things the way you want them done, not the way someone else tells you it has to be done, so having some sort of "authorised" priesthood would be anathema to it. Of course, you can buy priesthoods on the net if you really want some sort of certificate... but generally people who are good at leading ceremonies & rituals will lead the ceremonies & rituals, and you can get anyone you like to perform a handfasting. I have to say, that as my first ever handfasting (in the priest/ess role that is), I thoroughly enjoyed it, and would love the opportunity to do more :-)

BB

Peter

Hi Jo

That does sound lovely and it sounds like despite the weather, it

turned out wonderful. I am glad they had such a nice time for this.

BB

Nikki :)

>

> Hi Nikki

>

> The wedding was lovely - quite informal. There were over 50

people - just

> fitted into the Register Officer. The picnic in the park was

called off

> because of the rain and chilliness, so we took over the nearest

pub - stayed

> there for a couple of hours and then went to the back room (more

like a

> hall) at Laura and Nate's local, which they had booked, where all

the food

> that people had brought for the picnic was laid out. The landlord

laid on a

> free glass of champagne for everybody. The whole day was very

pleasant, and

> their friends are really nice. Later in the afternoon there was a

time when

> the rain stopped so we all went into the yard behind the pub and

Peter

> conducted a lovely, happy handfasting which everyone enjoyed.

Laura and

> Nate jumped the broomstick, and intended to wear the handfasting

cords for

> 24 hours, but didn't get that far. They had loads of lovely

presents, even

> though they said they didn't want any. We saw Laura and Nate again

the next

> day and they both had a great time, as did we.

>

> BB

> Jo

Thanks Nikki

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <earthstorm

Thursday, August 17, 2006 12:45 PM

> Hi Jo

>

> That does sound lovely and it sounds like despite the weather, it

> turned out wonderful. I am glad they had such a nice time for this.

>

> BB

> Nikki :)

My wedding was

Pagan also.

although I didn't know it at the time.

my husbands sister and mother are pagan

and they arranged everything for us.

we got married in the woods with candles.

It was very romantic.

Sounds like your daughter's wedding was very romantic also.

>

> Hi Peter

>

> A Handfasting is a Pagan wedding ceremony - equicalent of a church

wedding. They had the official ceremony and signing of the register

in the morning. With a church wedding the official part comes with

the signing of the register after the ceremony in the room next to the c

Hi Anouk

Your wedding sounds lovely. It is best in the woods or countryside,

and very romantic with candles. My daughter's was not in such a good

setting because of the weather. We had planned it for a park with

big old oak and ash trees, but that didn't happen. It was a lovely

ceremony though, and still romantic.

Jo

, " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato

wrote:

>

> My wedding was

> Pagan also.

> although I didn't know it at the time.

>

> my husbands sister and mother are pagan

> and they arranged everything for us.

> we got married in the woods with candles.

>

> It was very romantic.

>

> Sounds like your daughter's wedding was very romantic also.

>

> , " jo " <jo.heartwork@> wrote:

> >

> > Hi Peter

> >

> > A Handfasting is a Pagan wedding ceremony - equicalent of a church

> wedding. They had the official ceremony and signing of the register

> in the morning. With a church wedding the official part comes with

> the signing of the register after the ceremony in the room next to

the c

>

way back when....

i had a hand fasting as well............

twas a looooong time ago..........

>Anouk Sickler <zurumato

>Aug 17, 2006 9:47 PM

>

> Re: Saturday weather

>

>My wedding was

>Pagan also.

>although I didn't know it at the time.

>

>my husbands sister and mother are pagan

>and they arranged everything for us.

>we got married in the woods with candles.

>

>It was very romantic.

>

>Sounds like your daughter's wedding was very romantic also.

>

> , " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>>

>> Hi Peter

>>

>> A Handfasting is a Pagan wedding ceremony - equicalent of a church

>wedding. They had the official ceremony and signing of the register

>in the morning. With a church wedding the official part comes with

>the signing of the register after the ceremony in the room next to the c

>

>

>