IndiaDivine.org

New faces of animal rights are sentenced

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I want to know what the hell you would do with 400 animals? The Times August 19, 2006 New faces of animal rights are sentencedBy Nicola Woolcock TWO young animal rights extremists, described as embryonic leaders of the movement, were given community service

orders yesterday for stealing hundreds of animals from a pet shop owner. They and two older activists, all members of Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty, were convicted at Chichester Crown Court last month of burglary for cutting through a wire fence and smashing a window during the raid. About 400 rodents, rabbits, dogs and birds were stolen from a breeding centre near Chichester, West Sussex. Grace Quantock, 19, and Linus Harrison, 20, both of Yateley, Hampshire, were given community service orders. Police said that they were being groomed as future leaders of the animal rights movement, which is led by activists 20 years their senior. Sarah Whitehead, 49, of Littlehampton, West Sussex, was given a

nine-month suspended sentence. Helen Luff, 39, of Chichester, was given a community service order. Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Very inflammatory wording in this article. 'Grooming' - very distasteful. Once again, an agenda to get new laws made so that nobody can utter any dissent about animal treatment.

Jo

-

peter VV

Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:08 AM

Re: New faces of animal rights are sentenced

I want to know what the hell you would do with 400 animals?

The Times

August 19, 2006

New faces of animal rights are sentencedBy Nicola Woolcock

TWO young animal rights extremists, described as embryonic leaders of the movement, were given community service orders yesterday for stealing hundreds of animals from a pet shop owner. They and two older activists, all members of Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty, were convicted at Chichester Crown Court last month of burglary for cutting through a wire fence and smashing a window during the raid. About 400 rodents, rabbits, dogs and birds were stolen from a breeding centre near Chichester, West Sussex.

Grace Quantock, 19, and Linus Harrison, 20, both of Yateley, Hampshire, were given community service orders. Police said that they were being groomed as future leaders of the animal rights movement, which is led by activists 20 years their senior. Sarah Whitehead, 49, of Littlehampton, West Sussex, was given a nine-month suspended sentence. Helen Luff, 39, of Chichester, was given a community service order.

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

I was more concerned about what they would do with 400 animals? the wording to me seemed hearsay - Police said - just their opinion? The Valley Vegan...........jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Very inflammatory wording in this article. 'Grooming' - very distasteful. Once again, an agenda to get new laws made so that nobody can utter any dissent about animal treatment. Jo - peter VV Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:08 AM Re: New faces of animal rights are sentenced I want to know what the hell you would do with 400 animals? The Times August 19,

2006 New faces of animal rights are sentencedBy Nicola Woolcock TWO young animal rights extremists, described as embryonic leaders of the movement, were given community service orders yesterday for stealing hundreds of animals from a pet shop owner. They and two older activists, all members of Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty, were convicted at Chichester Crown Court last month of burglary for cutting through a wire fence and smashing a window during the raid. About 400 rodents, rabbits, dogs and birds were stolen from a breeding centre near Chichester, West Sussex. Grace Quantock, 19, and Linus Harrison, 20, both of Yateley, Hampshire, were given community service orders. Police said that they were being groomed as future leaders of the animal rights movement, which is led by activists 20 years their senior. Sarah Whitehead, 49, of Littlehampton, West Sussex, was given a nine-month suspended sentence. Helen Luff, 39, of Chichester, was given a community service order. Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Peter H

love them and squeeze them and call them george?

peter VV Aug 20, 2006 1:08 AM Re: New faces of animal rights are sentenced

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

You funny. The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: love them and squeeze them and call them george? peter VV Aug 20, 2006 1:08 AM Re: New faces of animal rights are sentenced I want to know what the hell you would do with 400 animals? If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Was that Daffy Duck and the Abominable Snowman.

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, August 21, 2006 7:04 PM

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

yes..tho it appears in several warner brothers cartoons

jo Aug 21, 2006 2:57 PM Re: New faces of animal rights are sentenced

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, August 21, 2006 7:04 PM

LOL! And take care of them always!

Nikki :)

peter VV

Aug 20, 2006 1:08 AM

Hi Peter

Tis from a classic cartoon. And no, my aloe plant loves to be

hugged. ;)

BB

Nikki

, " Peter " <metalscarab wrote:

>

> Hi Fraggle

>

> >love them and squeeze them and call them george?

>

> Hmmm - I think Nikki's aloe plant might object :-)

>

> BB

> Peter

>

That and Marvin Martian.

A few others I believe too...

jo

Aug 21, 2006 2:57 PM

Jo

Hi NIkki

I bet Peter still remembers all the words from one particular Marvin

The Martian cartoon we used to like.

BB

Jo

, " earthstrm " <earthstorm wrote:

>

> That and Marvin Martian.

>

> A few others I believe too...

>

>

>

> jo

> Aug 21, 2006 2:57 PM

>

> Re: New faces of animal rights are sentenced

>

>

> Was that Daffy Duck and the Abominable Snowman.

>

> Jo

>

Hi Nikki

>That and Marvin Martian.

I love Marvin Martian.... " Oh goody goody... after five thousand years of work, my illudium pew 36 explosive space modulator... now I can blow up the earth " :-)

BB

Peter

Hi Peter

> I meant to having someone else steel its name :-)

Oh that would look nice! A beautiful plaque next to him with his name

on it. Tho I would prefer it made from wood rather than steel. I

believe I have some left over too from the new strawberry boxes that

would work nicely. ;)

But then again, the little George's may get jealous and I just do not

believe I have enough room for that many name plaques. Oh well, twas a

nice thought though!

BB

Nikki

LOL - Me too!

BB

Nikki

, " Peter Kebbell " <metalscarab

wrote:

>

> Hi Nikki

>

> >That and Marvin Martian.

>

> I love Marvin Martian.... " Oh goody goody... after five thousand

years of

> work, my illudium pew 36 explosive space modulator... now I can

blow up the

> earth " :-)

>

> BB

> Peter

>

Hi Nikki

>> I meant to having someone else steel its name :-)

>Oh that would look nice! A beautiful plaque next to him with his name

>on it. Tho I would prefer it made from wood rather than steel. I

>believe I have some left over too from the new strawberry boxes that

>would work nicely. ;)

Very funny... and this from someone who complains when I pick up on spelling mistakes ;-)

BB

Peter

Hi Peter

> Very funny... and this from someone who complains when I pick up on

spelling

> mistakes ;-)

Only when it sounds slightly condescending.

*running for cover*

BB

Nikki

well what you think we are goin to do with ? rehome them all peter VV <swpgh01 wrote: I was more concerned about what they would do with 400 animals? the wording to me seemed hearsay - Police said - just their opinion? The Valley Vegan...........jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: Very inflammatory wording in this article. 'Grooming' -

very distasteful. Once again, an agenda to get new laws made so that nobody can utter any dissent about animal treatment. Jo - peter VV Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:08 AM Re: New faces of animal rights are sentenced I want to know what the hell you would do with 400 animals? The Times August 19, 2006 New faces of animal rights are sentencedBy Nicola Woolcock TWO young animal rights extremists, described as embryonic leaders of the movement, were given community service orders yesterday for stealing hundreds of animals from a pet shop owner. They and two older

activists, all members of Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty, were convicted at Chichester Crown Court last month of burglary for cutting through a wire fence and smashing a window during the raid. About 400 rodents, rabbits, dogs and birds were stolen from a breeding centre near Chichester, West Sussex. Grace Quantock, 19, and Linus Harrison, 20, both of Yateley, Hampshire, were given community service orders. Police said that they were being groomed as future leaders of the animal rights movement, which is led by activists 20 years their senior. Sarah Whitehead, 49, of Littlehampton, West Sussex, was given a nine-month suspended sentence. Helen Luff, 39, of Chichester, was given a community service order.

Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

400? well I applaud the intention, seems a tall task. The Valley Vegan.................louis stott <lsstott wrote: well what you think we are goin to do with ? rehome them all peter VV <swpgh01 wrote: I was more concerned about what they would do with 400 animals? the wording to me seemed hearsay - Police said - just their opinion? The Valley Vegan...........jo <jo.heartwork > wrote: Very inflammatory wording in this

article. 'Grooming' - very distasteful. Once again, an agenda to get new laws made so that nobody can utter any dissent about animal treatment. Jo - peter VV Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:08 AM Re: New faces of animal rights are sentenced I want to know what the hell you would do with 400 animals? The Times August 19, 2006 New faces of animal rights are sentencedBy Nicola Woolcock TWO young animal rights extremists, described as embryonic leaders of the movement, were given community service orders yesterday for stealing hundreds of animals from a pet shop owner.

They and two older activists, all members of Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty, were convicted at Chichester Crown Court last month of burglary for cutting through a wire fence and smashing a window during the raid. About 400 rodents, rabbits, dogs and birds were stolen from a breeding centre near Chichester, West Sussex. Grace Quantock, 19, and Linus Harrison, 20, both of Yateley, Hampshire, were given community service orders. Police said that they were being groomed as future leaders of the animal rights movement, which is led by activists 20 years their senior. Sarah Whitehead, 49, of Littlehampton, West Sussex, was given a nine-month suspended sentence. Helen Luff, 39, of Chichester, was given a community service order.

Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal