IndiaDivine.org

Bridesmaid's six-week green trek

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bridesmaid's six-week green trek Babs Haddrill wants to travel round the world 'without destroying it'A bridesmaid is showing her commitment to the environment by shunning planes to spend six weeks travelling from mid Wales to the wedding in Australia. Babs Haddrill, 28, who works at the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) near Machynlleth, said it would be

challenging but an adventure. She could have taken a 22-hour flight, but wanted to make an environmentally friendly by train and boat and bus. Her route will take her via Moscow, the Trans-Siberian Railway and Singapore. If I had just jumped on a jumbo at Cardiff International I could be there in 22 hours, but imagine the adventure I would be missing out on Barbara

Haddrill She will also record her progress by regular posts on her weblog. According to the Centre of Alternative Technology, one single flight to Australia uses the same amount of energy needed to heat five modern houses for an entire year. It claimed that a return flight emitted more damaging carbon dioxide (CO2) than a whole year of driving. Ms Haddrill's journey to Australia will take 6 weeks Ms Haddrill will leave Wales on 1 September, and travel by train to Moscow. From there she plans to catch the Trans Siberian Railway, before heading to Singapore, where she will find a boat to take her to the Australian

mainland. She said: "It's been a challenging trip to organise, but definitely worth it to know I'm not having a harmful impact on the planet. "If I had just jumped on a jumbo at Cardiff International I could be there in 22 hours, but imagine the adventure I would be missing out on. "I can't wait to be on my way, looking out the window of the Trans-Siberian Railway which traverses 3,608 miles through remarkably varied landscapes." Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

can you tell her to take me as well???

i wish i could take that much time off work...........

peter VV Aug 21, 2006 11:56 AM Re: Bridesmaid's six-week green trek

Babs Haddrill wants to travel round the world 'without destroying it'A bridesmaid is showing her commitment to the environment by shunning planes to spend six weeks travelling from mid Wales to the wedding in Australia. Babs Haddrill, 28, who works at the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) near Machynlleth, said it would be challenging but an adventure. She could have taken a 22-hour flight, but wanted to make an environmentally friendly by train and boat and bus. Her route will take her via Moscow, the Trans-Siberian Railway and Singapore.

If I had just jumped on a jumbo at Cardiff International I could be there in 22 hours, but imagine the adventure I would be missing out on

Barbara Haddrill

She will also record her progress by regular posts on her weblog. According to the Centre of Alternative Technology, one single flight to Australia uses the same amount of energy needed to heat five modern houses for an entire year. It claimed that a return flight emitted more damaging carbon dioxide (CO2) than a whole year of driving.

Ms Haddrill's journey to Australia will take 6 weeks

Ms Haddrill will leave Wales on 1 September, and travel by train to Moscow. From there she plans to catch the Trans Siberian Railway, before heading to Singapore, where she will find a boat to take her to the Australian mainland. She said: "It's been a challenging trip to organise, but definitely worth it to know I'm not having a harmful impact on the planet. "If I had just jumped on a jumbo at Cardiff International I could be there in 22 hours, but imagine the adventure I would be missing out on. "I can't wait to be on my way, looking out the window of the Trans-Siberian Railway which traverses 3,608 miles through remarkably varied landscapes."

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

you and me both............ How is the lone vigil goin? The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: can you tell her to take me as well??? i wish i could take that much time off work........... peter VV Aug 21, 2006 11:56 AM Re: Bridesmaid's six-week green trek Bridesmaid's six-week

green trek Babs Haddrill wants to travel round the world 'without destroying it'A bridesmaid is showing her commitment to the environment by shunning planes to spend six weeks travelling from mid Wales to the wedding in Australia. Babs Haddrill, 28, who works at the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) near Machynlleth, said it would be challenging but an adventure. She could have taken a 22-hour flight, but wanted to make an environmentally friendly by train

and boat and bus. Her route will take her via Moscow, the Trans-Siberian Railway and Singapore. If I had just jumped on a jumbo at Cardiff International I could be there in 22 hours, but imagine the adventure I would be missing out on Barbara Haddrill She will also record her progress by regular posts on her weblog. According to the Centre of

Alternative Technology, one single flight to Australia uses the same amount of energy needed to heat five modern houses for an entire year. It claimed that a return flight emitted more damaging carbon dioxide (CO2) than a whole year of driving. Ms Haddrill's journey to Australia will take 6 weeks Ms Haddrill will leave Wales on 1 September, and travel by train to Moscow. From there she plans to catch the Trans Siberian Railway, before heading to Singapore, where she will find a boat to take her to the Australian mainland. She said: "It's been a challenging trip to organise, but definitely worth it to know I'm not having a harmful impact on the planet. "If I had

just jumped on a jumbo at Cardiff International I could be there in 22 hours, but imagine the adventure I would be missing out on. "I can't wait to be on my way, looking out the window of the Trans-Siberian Railway which traverses 3,608 miles through remarkably varied landscapes." Peter H To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

they gave me someone from another dept. to train as my assistant

and get another person in a week er so

my empire begins............

peter VV Aug 21, 2006 12:57 PM Re: Bridesmaid's six-week green trek

you and me both............

How is the lone vigil goin?

The Valley Vegan.............

If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"

Of course - most of us wouldn't be able to take six weeks off work without getting the sack!

Jo

-

peter VV

Monday, August 21, 2006 7:56 PM

Re: Bridesmaid's six-week green trek

Babs Haddrill wants to travel round the world 'without destroying it'A bridesmaid is showing her commitment to the environment by shunning planes to spend six weeks travelling from mid Wales to the wedding in Australia. Babs Haddrill, 28, who works at the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) near Machynlleth, said it would be challenging but an adventure. She could have taken a 22-hour flight, but wanted to make an environmentally friendly by train and boat and bus. Her route will take her via Moscow, the Trans-Siberian Railway and Singapore.

If I had just jumped on a jumbo at Cardiff International I could be there in 22 hours, but imagine the adventure I would be missing out on

Barbara Haddrill

She will also record her progress by regular posts on her weblog. According to the Centre of Alternative Technology, one single flight to Australia uses the same amount of energy needed to heat five modern houses for an entire year. It claimed that a return flight emitted more damaging carbon dioxide (CO2) than a whole year of driving.

Ms Haddrill's journey to Australia will take 6 weeks

Ms Haddrill will leave Wales on 1 September, and travel by train to Moscow. From there she plans to catch the Trans Siberian Railway, before heading to Singapore, where she will find a boat to take her to the Australian mainland. She said: "It's been a challenging trip to organise, but definitely worth it to know I'm not having a harmful impact on the planet. "If I had just jumped on a jumbo at Cardiff International I could be there in 22 hours, but imagine the adventure I would be missing out on. "I can't wait to be on my way, looking out the window of the Trans-Siberian Railway which traverses 3,608 miles through remarkably varied landscapes."

Peter H

Well, she does work at the centre for alternative technology!, so no doubt they are more flexible than most employers........... The Valley Vegan..............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Of course - most of us wouldn't be able to take six weeks off work without getting the sack! Jo - peter VV Monday, August 21, 2006 7:56 PM Re: Bridesmaid's six-week green trek Bridesmaid's six-week green trek Babs Haddrill wants to travel round the world 'without destroying it'A bridesmaid is showing her commitment to the environment by shunning planes to spend six weeks travelling from mid Wales to the wedding in Australia. Babs Haddrill, 28, who works at the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) near Machynlleth, said it would be challenging but an adventure. She could have taken a 22-hour flight, but wanted to make an environmentally friendly by train and boat and bus. Her route will take her via Moscow, the Trans-Siberian Railway and Singapore. If I had just jumped on a jumbo at Cardiff International I could be there in 22 hours, but imagine the adventure I would be missing out on Barbara Haddrill She will also record her progress by regular posts on her weblog. According to the Centre of Alternative Technology, one single flight to Australia uses the same amount of energy needed to heat five modern houses for an entire year. It claimed that a return flight emitted more damaging carbon dioxide (CO2) than a whole year of driving. Ms Haddrill's journey to Australia will take 6 weeks Ms Haddrill will leave Wales on 1 September, and travel by train to Moscow. From there she plans to catch the Trans Siberian Railway, before heading to Singapore, where she will find a boat to take her to the Australian mainland. She said: "It's been a challenging trip to organise, but definitely worth it to know I'm not having a harmful impact on the planet. "If I had just jumped on a jumbo at Cardiff International I could be there in 22 hours, but imagine the adventure I would be missing out on. "I can't wait to be on my way, looking out the window of the Trans-Siberian Railway which traverses 3,608 miles through remarkably varied landscapes."

Peter H To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

Wow, the power! remember it corrupts! Got a roomie yet?, Rebecca got a job? My kitten is destroying my house, and terrorising the older cats, but boy is he cute! The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: they gave me someone from another dept. to train as my assistant and get another person in a week er so my empire begins............ peter VV Aug 21, 2006 12:57 PM Re: Bridesmaid's six-week green trek

you and me both............ How is the lone vigil goin? The Valley Vegan............. If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"Peter H

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Mail.

rebecca is a bartender........

peter VV Aug 22, 2006 2:15 PM Re: Bridesmaid's six-week green trek

Wow, the power! remember it corrupts!

Got a roomie yet?, Rebecca got a job?

My kitten is destroying my house, and terrorising the older cats, but boy is he cute!

Hi Peter

>Well, she does work at the centre for alternative technology!, so no doubt they are more flexible than most employers...........

You know, I'd never heard of this place before this week, and this is now the third place I've heard of it in as many days.... perhaps I should be taking notice!!!!

BB

Peter

I thought you said her job was going? me brain workin not................. The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: rebecca is a bartender........ peter VV Aug 22, 2006 2:15 PM Re: Bridesmaid's six-week green trek Wow, the power! remember it corrupts! Got a roomie yet?, Rebecca got a job? My kitten is destroying my house, and terrorising the older cats, but boy is he

cute! If George Bush said that the Earth was flat, the headline would read, "Views Differ on Shape of the Earth"Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Congrats on your new reign! ;)

Nikki

they gave me someone from another dept. to train as my assistant

and get another person in a week er so

my empire begins............

Have a look at : http://www.cat.org.uk/index.tmpl?refer=index & init=1 I cant believe you never heard of it? The Valley Vegan.............Peter <metalscarab wrote: Hi Peter >Well, she does work at the centre for alternative technology!, so no doubt they are more flexible than most employers........... You know, I'd never heard of this place before this week, and this is now the third place I've heard of it in as many days.... perhaps I should be taking

notice!!!! BB Peter Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Hi Peter

I reckon that's a good idea :-)

BBJo

-

Peter

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:04 PM

Hi Peter

>Well, she does work at the centre for alternative technology!, so no doubt they are more flexible than most employers...........

You know, I'd never heard of this place before this week, and this is now the third place I've heard of it in as many days.... perhaps I should be taking notice!!!!

BB

Peter