The group were awarded both best British band and best album, for

Liberation Transmission.

On a good night for Welsh music, Bullet For My Valentine scooped best

single. US goth group My Chemical Romance were named as the best band

on the planet.

But Muse, who were nominated for five awards, came away with only

one - for best live band.

The awards were billed as a " twisted carnival " and featured a series

of burlesque performances, with presenter Stuart Cable - Kerrang!

radio host and former Stereophonics drummer - in the role of

ringmaster.

KERRANG! WINNERS

Best Band On The Planet - My Chemical Romance

Best British Band - Lostprophets

Best Live Band - Muse

Best Album - Lostprophets (Liberation Transmission)

Best Single - Bullet For My Valentine (Tears Don't Fall)

Best Video - Fall Out Boy (Sugar, We're Going Down)

Best British Newcomer - Bring Me The Horizon

Best International Newcomer - Aiden

Classic Songwriter - Placebo

Spirit Of Independence - Prodigy (above)

Kerrang! Hall Of Fame - Slayer

Kerrang! Legend - Angus Young (AC/DC)

It was also meant as a celebration of 25 years of the rock magazine,

and as part of this celebration, the magazine presented its Legend

award to the cover star of its first ever issue - Angus Young of

AC/DC.

Meanwhile, fresh acts on the rock music scene were also rewarded.

Sheffield act Bring Me The Horizon took the best British newcomer

award, which was voted for partly by users of the internet site

Myspace.com.

Best international newcomer was presented to theatrical Seattle group

Aiden, who beat among others high-profile new acts Panic! At The

Disco and Angels And Airwaves, the supergroup formed by Blink 182

guitarist Tom DeLonge.

'Edgy and anarchic'

In the event, Lostprophets were the only act to take multiple

trophies in 2006, just over a year after founding member Mike Chiplin

left to try different musical opportunities.

Liberation Transmission reached number one in the UK album chart

following its release in June.

Drummer-turned-presenter Stuart Cable hosted the awards

Bullet For My Valentine were rewarded for best single for Tears Don't

Fall, while Placebo, received the prestigious classic songwriter

award.

Essex act The Prodigy took home the Spirit Of Independence award.

Although primarily seen as a dance act - so much so that Kerrang!

itself received several complaints for putting them on the cover at

the height of their fame - the magazine argued they are " edgy,

anarchic, loud, and controversial " and " plenty rock n' roll enough to

have been given this honour. "

Finally, Slayer - whose 1986 release Reign Of Blood was described by

the magazine as " the heaviest album of all time " - were introduced

into the Kerrang! Hall Of Fame, 25 years after they were first

formed.

Well, what can I say, Wales did good two bands/3 awards..........good stuff. Oh, has anyone heard the new Slayer album yet? The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Lostprophets scoop rock honours Liberation Transmission is Lostprophets' third album Welsh band Lostprophets were the big winners at the 13th annual Kerrang! awards in London. The group were awarded both best British band and best album, for Liberation Transmission. On a good night for Welsh music, Bullet For My Valentine scooped best single. US goth group My Chemical Romance were named as the best band on the planet. But Muse, who were nominated for five awards, came away with only one - for best live band. The awards

were billed as a "twisted carnival" and featured a series of burlesque performances, with presenter Stuart Cable - Kerrang! radio host and former Stereophonics drummer - in the role of ringmaster. KERRANG! WINNERS Best Band On The Planet - My Chemical RomanceBest British Band - LostprophetsBest Live Band - MuseBest Album - Lostprophets (Liberation Transmission)Best Single - Bullet For My Valentine (Tears Don't Fall)Best Video - Fall Out Boy (Sugar, We're Going Down)Best British Newcomer - Bring Me The HorizonBest International Newcomer - AidenClassic Songwriter - PlaceboSpirit Of Independence - Prodigy (above)Kerrang! Hall Of Fame - SlayerKerrang! Legend - Angus Young (AC/DC) It was also meant as a celebration of 25 years of the rock magazine, and as part of this celebration, the magazine presented its Legend award to the cover star of its first ever issue - Angus Young of AC/DC.

Meanwhile, fresh acts on the rock music scene were also rewarded. Sheffield act Bring Me The Horizon took the best British newcomer award, which was voted for partly by users of the internet site Myspace.com. Best international newcomer was presented to theatrical Seattle group Aiden, who beat among others high-profile new acts Panic! At The Disco and Angels And Airwaves, the supergroup formed by Blink 182 guitarist Tom DeLonge. 'Edgy and anarchic' In the event, Lostprophets were the only act to take multiple trophies in 2006, just over a year after founding member Mike Chiplin left to try different musical opportunities. Liberation Transmission reached number one in the UK album chart following its release in June. Drummer-turned-presenter Stuart Cable hosted the awards Bullet For My Valentine were rewarded for best single for Tears Don't Fall, while Placebo, received

the prestigious classic songwriter award. Essex act The Prodigy took home the Spirit Of Independence award. Although primarily seen as a dance act - so much so that Kerrang! itself received several complaints for putting them on the cover at the height of their fame - the magazine argued they are "edgy, anarchic, loud, and controversial" and "plenty rock n' roll enough to have been given this honour." Finally, Slayer - whose 1986 release Reign Of Blood was described by the magazine as "the heaviest album of all time" - were introduced into the Kerrang! Hall Of Fame, 25 years after they were first formed. To send an email to -

Hi Peter

They did do well. Is the Slayer album good?

Jo

-

peter VV

Friday, August 25, 2006 7:21 PM

Re: Welsh Music doing mwell

Well, what can I say, Wales did good two bands/3 awards..........good stuff.

Oh, has anyone heard the new Slayer album yet?

The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Lostprophets scoop rock honours Liberation Transmission is Lostprophets' third album Welsh band Lostprophets were the big winners at the 13th annual Kerrang! awards in London. The group were awarded both best British band and best album, for Liberation Transmission. On a good night for Welsh music, Bullet For My Valentine scooped best single. US goth group My Chemical Romance were named as the best band on the planet. But Muse, who were nominated for five awards, came away with only one - for best live band. The awards were billed as a "twisted carnival" and featured a series of burlesque performances, with presenter Stuart Cable - Kerrang! radio host and former Stereophonics drummer - in the role of ringmaster. KERRANG! WINNERS Best Band On The Planet - My Chemical RomanceBest British Band - LostprophetsBest Live Band - MuseBest Album - Lostprophets (Liberation Transmission)Best Single - Bullet For My Valentine (Tears Don't Fall)Best Video - Fall Out Boy (Sugar, We're Going Down)Best British Newcomer - Bring Me The HorizonBest International Newcomer - AidenClassic Songwriter - PlaceboSpirit Of Independence - Prodigy (above)Kerrang! Hall Of Fame - SlayerKerrang! Legend - Angus Young (AC/DC) It was also meant as a celebration of 25 years of the rock magazine, and as part of this celebration, the magazine presented its Legend award to the cover star of its first ever issue - Angus Young of AC/DC. Meanwhile, fresh acts on the rock music scene were also rewarded. Sheffield act Bring Me The Horizon took the best British newcomer award, which was voted for partly by users of the internet site Myspace.com. Best international newcomer was presented to theatrical Seattle group Aiden, who beat among others high-profile new acts Panic! At The Disco and Angels And Airwaves, the supergroup formed by Blink 182 guitarist Tom DeLonge. 'Edgy and anarchic' In the event, Lostprophets were the only act to take multiple trophies in 2006, just over a year after founding member Mike Chiplin left to try different musical opportunities. Liberation Transmission reached number one in the UK album chart following its release in June. Drummer-turned-presenter Stuart Cable hosted the awards Bullet For My Valentine were rewarded for best single for Tears Don't Fall, while Placebo, received the prestigious classic songwriter award. Essex act The Prodigy took home the Spirit Of Independence award. Although primarily seen as a dance act - so much so that Kerrang! itself received several complaints for putting them on the cover at the height of their fame - the magazine argued they are "edgy, anarchic, loud, and controversial" and "plenty rock n' roll enough to have been given this honour." Finally, Slayer - whose 1986 release Reign Of Blood was described by the magazine as "the heaviest album of all time" - were introduced into the Kerrang! Hall Of Fame, 25 years after they were first formed. To send an email to -

Havent heard it yet, did have good reviews though..... The Valley Vegan.................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter They did do well. Is the Slayer album good? Jo - peter VV Friday, August 25, 2006 7:21 PM Re: Welsh Music doing mwell Well, what can I say, Wales did good two bands/3 awards..........good stuff. Oh, has anyone heard the new Slayer album yet? The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Lostprophets scoop rock honours Liberation Transmission is Lostprophets' third album Welsh band Lostprophets were the big

winners at the 13th annual Kerrang! awards in London. The group were awarded both best British band and best album, for Liberation Transmission. On a good night for Welsh music, Bullet For My Valentine scooped best single. US goth group My Chemical Romance were named as the best band on the planet. But Muse, who were nominated for five awards, came away with only one - for best live band. The awards were billed as a "twisted carnival" and featured a series of burlesque performances, with presenter Stuart Cable - Kerrang! radio host and former Stereophonics drummer - in the role of ringmaster. KERRANG! WINNERS Best Band On The Planet - My Chemical RomanceBest British Band - LostprophetsBest Live Band - MuseBest Album - Lostprophets (Liberation Transmission)Best Single - Bullet For My Valentine (Tears Don't Fall)Best Video - Fall Out Boy (Sugar, We're Going Down)Best British

Newcomer - Bring Me The HorizonBest International Newcomer - AidenClassic Songwriter - PlaceboSpirit Of Independence - Prodigy (above)Kerrang! Hall Of Fame - SlayerKerrang! Legend - Angus Young (AC/DC) It was also meant as a celebration of 25 years of the rock magazine, and as part of this celebration, the magazine presented its Legend award to the cover star of its first ever issue - Angus Young of AC/DC. Meanwhile, fresh acts on the rock music scene were also rewarded. Sheffield act Bring Me The Horizon took the best British newcomer award, which was voted for partly by users of the internet site Myspace.com. Best international newcomer was presented to theatrical Seattle group Aiden, who beat among others high-profile new acts Panic! At The Disco and Angels And Airwaves, the supergroup formed by Blink 182 guitarist Tom DeLonge. 'Edgy and anarchic' In the event,

Lostprophets were the only act to take multiple trophies in 2006, just over a year after founding member Mike Chiplin left to try different musical opportunities. Liberation Transmission reached number one in the UK album chart following its release in June. Drummer-turned-presenter Stuart Cable hosted the awards Bullet For My Valentine were rewarded for best single for Tears Don't Fall, while Placebo, received the prestigious classic songwriter award. Essex act The Prodigy took home the Spirit Of Independence award. Although primarily seen as a dance act - so much so that Kerrang! itself received several complaints for putting them on the cover at the height of their fame - the magazine argued they are "edgy, anarchic, loud, and controversial" and "plenty rock n' roll enough to have been given this honour." Finally, Slayer - whose 1986 release Reign Of Blood was described by the

magazine as "the heaviest album of all time" - were introduced into the Kerrang! Hall Of Fame, 25 years after they were first formed. To send an email to -