IndiaDivine.org

Ever hear of Trivium?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think they are very good at what they do, but for me all their songs seem too contrived/formulated, the first time I heard the album, its like I had telepathy or something because I just knew when the guitar solos were coming in each song, and also when the solo would turn into harmonies! wierd?,and the choruses.They are certainly one of the biggest metal bands around at the moment and destined for further greatness. ( One of the guitarists seems to have read the Schenker guitar solo handbook!) Not realy my cup of mosh.............. The Valley Vegan....................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter I'm

not sure - they are sort of between hardcore and thrash - or at least the track I heard was. We are seeing them in December, so, if I can categorise them, I'll let you know. Jo - peter VV Monday, October 09, 2006 7:49 PM Re: Ever hear of Dragonforce? Jo, What category do Trivium come under? The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Some call it Hollywood metal or symphonic metal as well - but the vocals are ~much~ better than Iron Maiden. Jo - fraggle Monday, October 09, 2006 6:15 PM Re: Ever hear of Dragonforce? i think its the same thing as Epic metal... lotsa that melodic iron maiden type vocals with all the guitars and such maybe? peter VV Oct 9, 2006 9:57 AM Re: Ever hear of Dragonforce? yeah compartmentisation is such a silly thing (

and maybe not even a real word?). battle metal though.............., do you have to fight while you listen to it? is it marching music?, music about battles?.sounds kinda violent to me? mind you, death metal.I get the darkness vibe, but are they all about death? The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: no, it was straightedge nardcore..get it right... cuz we are REALLY good at cutting up things and putting them in their respective boxes then my box is better then your box :) peter VV

Oct 8, 2006 10:52 AM Re: Ever hear of Dragonforce? battle metal?..............who the hell thinks of these monikers? now then, what was that punk band I was listening to? were they street/skate/ska/garage/speed or hardcore........................oh help me jeebers....... The Valley Vegan......................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: They are power/battle metal - used to be speed metal. Jo As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your

email address from your Internet provider. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H Photos – NEW, now

offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo. Peter H

Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo.

Oh well - at least there are guitar solos and harmonies so it can't be all bad.

Jo

-

peter VV

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 6:57 PM

Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

I think they are very good at what they do, but for me all their songs seem too contrived/formulated, the first time I heard the album, its like I had telepathy or something because I just knew when the guitar solos were coming in each song, and also when the solo would turn into harmonies! wierd?,and the choruses.They are certainly one of the biggest metal bands around at the moment and destined for further greatness. ( One of the guitarists seems to have read the Schenker guitar solo handbook!)

Not realy my cup of mosh..............

The Valley Vegan....................jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

I'm not sure - they are sort of between hardcore and thrash - or at least the track I heard was. We are seeing them in December, so, if I can categorise them, I'll let you know.

Jo

-

peter VV

Monday, October 09, 2006 7:49 PM

Re: Ever hear of Dragonforce?

Jo,

What category do Trivium come under?

The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Some call it Hollywood metal or symphonic metal as well - but the vocals are ~much~ better than Iron Maiden.

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, October 09, 2006 6:15 PM

Re: Ever hear of Dragonforce?

i think its the same thing as Epic metal...

lotsa that melodic iron maiden type vocals with all the guitars and such

maybe?

peter VV Oct 9, 2006 9:57 AM Re: Ever hear of Dragonforce?

yeah compartmentisation is such a silly thing ( and maybe not even a real word?).

battle metal though.............., do you have to fight while you listen to it? is it marching music?, music about battles?.sounds kinda violent to me?

mind you, death metal.I get the darkness vibe, but are they all about death?

The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

no, it was straightedge nardcore..get it right...

cuz we are REALLY good at cutting up things and putting them in their respective boxes

then my box is better then your box

:)

peter VV Oct 8, 2006 10:52 AM Re: Ever hear of Dragonforce?

battle metal?..............who the hell thinks of these monikers?

now then, what was that punk band I was listening to? were they street/skate/ska/garage/speed or hardcore........................oh help me jeebers.......

The Valley Vegan......................jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

They are power/battle metal - used to be speed metal.

Jo

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Peter H

Peter H

I think you will enjoy them. The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Oh well - at least there are guitar solos and harmonies so it can't be all bad. Jo - peter VV Tuesday, October 10, 2006 6:57 PM Re: Ever hear of Trivium? I think they are very good at what they do, but for me all their songs seem too contrived/formulated, the first time I heard the album, its like I had telepathy or something because I just knew when the guitar solos were coming in each song, and also when the solo would turn into harmonies! wierd?,and the choruses.They are certainly one of the biggest metal bands around at the moment and destined for further greatness. ( One of the guitarists seems to have read the Schenker guitar solo handbook!) Not realy my cup of mosh.............. The Valley Vegan....................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter I'm not sure - they are sort of between hardcore and thrash - or at least the track I heard was. We are seeing them in December, so, if I can categorise them, I'll let you know. Jo - peter VV Monday, October 09, 2006 7:49 PM Re: Ever hear of Dragonforce? Jo, What category do Trivium come under? The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Some call it Hollywood metal or symphonic metal as well - but the vocals are ~much~ better than Iron Maiden. Jo - fraggle Monday, October 09, 2006 6:15 PM Re: Ever hear of Dragonforce? i think its the same thing as Epic metal... lotsa that melodic iron maiden type vocals with all the guitars and such maybe?

peter VV Oct 9, 2006 9:57 AM Re: Ever hear of Dragonforce? yeah compartmentisation is such a silly thing ( and maybe not even a real word?). battle metal though.............., do you have to fight while you listen to it? is it marching music?, music about battles?.sounds kinda violent to me? mind you, death metal.I get the darkness vibe, but are they all about death? The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: no, it was straightedge nardcore..get it right... cuz we are REALLY good at

cutting up things and putting them in their respective boxes then my box is better then your box :) peter VV Oct 8, 2006 10:52 AM Re: Ever hear of Dragonforce? battle metal?..............who the hell thinks of these monikers? now then, what was that punk band I was listening to? were they street/skate/ska/garage/speed or hardcore........................oh help me jeebers....... The Valley Vegan......................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: They are power/battle metal - used to be speed metal. Jo As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo. Peter H

Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo. Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

*so biting tongue so biting tongue*

jo Oct 11, 2006 9:49 AM Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

Jo

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

LOL............ The Valley Vegan.....................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: *so biting tongue so biting tongue* :) jo Oct 11, 2006 9:49 AM Re: Ever hear of Trivium? Oh well - at least there are guitar solos and harmonies so it can't be all bad.

Jo As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

What do you like about the music you listen to?

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:54 PM

Jo

faster

louder

snottier

hahahahahahahaha

i use to describe good music as careening downhill on a skateboard..on one foot

sorry...guitar solos in no way shape or form enter into that

jo Oct 11, 2006 3:39 PM Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

Jo

-

fraggle

Jo

Hi Fraggle

Are you saying that the music you like is faster louder and snottier?

Describe what you like about the music you like, not just the feeling

it gives you.

Jo

faster

louder

snottier

hahahahahahahaha

i use to describe good music as careening downhill on a skateboard..on

one foot

Now come on you two, lets not argue about musical tastes.......... The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi FraggleAre you saying that the music you like is faster louder and snottier? Describe what you like about the music you like, not just the feeling it gives you.Jofasterloudersnottierhahahahahahahahai use to describe good music as careening downhill on a skateboard..on one footsorry...guitar solos in no way shape or form enter into that:)To send an email to -

You obviously never tried to play a guitar? or you`d appreciate the skill and techniques of some players. Personaly, I do not like a lot of noodling, but can appreciate the efforts put into some of it. Some it seems to be there just for the sake of it , or just because its an expected cliche.Some of it is played with a lot of feeling and expression ( blues particularly), some just cold filler (imo).But then again, same could be said for any instrument solos eh? ( 15 minute drum solos leave me cold/asleep ). The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: faster louder snottier hahahahahahahaha i use to describe good music as careening

downhill on a skateboard..on one foot sorry...guitar solos in no way shape or form enter into that :) jo Oct 11, 2006 3:39 PM Re: Ever hear of Trivium? What do you like about the music you listen to? Jo - fraggle Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:54 PM Re: Ever hear of Trivium? *so biting tongue so biting tongue* :) jo Oct 11, 2006 9:49 AM Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

Oh well - at least there are guitar solos and harmonies so it can't be all bad. Jo As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

I like many things;- a good tune excitement feeling What was the last thing you listened to? Me it was Avenged Sevenfold - bit of metal that I bet Jo would like! We all are individuals and all like different things, its inevitable, just accept the differences eh? The Valley Vegan.................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: What do you like about the music you listen to? Jo - fraggle Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:54 PM Re: Ever hear of Trivium? *so biting tongue so biting tongue* :) jo Oct 11, 2006 9:49 AM Re:

Ever hear of Trivium? Oh well - at least there are guitar solos and harmonies so it can't be all bad. Jo As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O.

Douglas Peter H

Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail.

that is what i like jo

how to explain....

ummmmm

driving fast basic rock n roll?

lots of energy

>heartwerk <jo.heartwork

>Oct 12, 2006 2:37 AM

>

> Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

>

>Hi Fraggle

>

>Are you saying that the music you like is faster louder and snottier?

>Describe what you like about the music you like, not just the feeling

>it gives you.

>

>Jo

>

>faster

>louder

>snottier

>hahahahahahahaha

>

>i use to describe good music as careening downhill on a skateboard..on

>one foot

>

>sorry...guitar solos in no way shape or form enter into that

>:)

>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

don't think twas argueing....

i blame bush.....

peter VV Oct 12, 2006 12:51 PM Re: Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

Now come on you two, lets not argue about musical tastes..........

The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi FraggleAre you saying that the music you like is faster louder and snottier? Describe what you like about the music you like, not just the feeling it gives you.Jofasterloudersnottierhahahahahahahahai use to describe good music as careening downhill on a skateboard..on one footsorry...guitar solos in no way shape or form enter into that:)To send an email to -

lets not argue about who killed who

this is suppose to be a happy occassion

peter VV Oct 12, 2006 12:51 PM Re: Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

Now come on you two, lets not argue about musical tastes..........

The Valley Vegan................heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi FraggleAre you saying that the music you like is faster louder and snottier? Describe what you like about the music you like, not just the feeling it gives you.Jofasterloudersnottierhahahahahahahahai use to describe good music as careening downhill on a skateboard..on one footsorry...guitar solos in no way shape or form enter into that:)To send an email to -

last records/cd's listened to..(last 24 hours er so...)

Circle One

Angels with Dirty Faces compliation album

Hard skin

Bad religion "how could hell be any worse"

etc and so forth

as everyone goes "huh?"

peter VV Oct 12, 2006 1:01 PM Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

I like many things;-

a good tune

excitement

feeling

What was the last thing you listened to?

Me it was Avenged Sevenfold - bit of metal that I bet Jo would like!

We all are individuals and all like different things, its inevitable, just accept the differences eh?

The Valley Vegan.................jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

fraggle

Jo

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O.

Douglas

Peter H

Well dont know what was on the compilation with the sham 69 title, but cant fault the bad religion eh? I can't explain it, the things you're saying to meIt's going yayayayayayaya, oh yeahThe Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: last records/cd's listened to..(last 24 hours er so...) Circle One Angels with Dirty Faces compliation album Hard skin Bad religion "how could hell be any worse" etc and so forth as everyone goes "huh?" :) -----Original

Message----- peter VV Oct 12, 2006 1:01 PM Re: Ever hear of Trivium? I like many things;- a good tune excitement feeling What was the last thing you listened to? Me it was Avenged Sevenfold - bit of metal that I bet Jo would like! We all are individuals and all like different things, its inevitable, just accept the differences eh? The Valley Vegan.................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: What do you like about the music you listen to? Jo - fraggle Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:54 PM Re: Ever hear of Trivium? *so biting tongue so biting tongue* :) jo Oct 11, 2006 9:49 AM Re: Ever hear of Trivium? Oh well - at least there are guitar solos and harmonies so it can't be all bad. Jo As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a

twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Mail. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

oh peter peter peter

depends what you mean by "playing"

hahahahhaha

i played guitar in bands in the late 80's ..tho play might be a severe over statement

drums before that fer longer.again..severe overstatement to say "played"

hee

and sang..ok..yelled and screamed..before durung and after said period

currently have a bass i've picked up like 6 times this year..sad me...

fer me..just really disdain "solos"...sorry jo

no offense meant fer ya'll...

my tastes...

peter VV Oct 12, 2006 12:56 PM Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

You obviously never tried to play a guitar? or you`d appreciate the skill and techniques of some players.

Personaly, I do not like a lot of noodling, but can appreciate the efforts put into some of it. Some it seems to be there just for the sake of it , or just because its an expected cliche.Some of it is played with a lot of feeling and expression ( blues particularly), some just cold filler (imo).But then again, same could be said for any instrument solos eh? ( 15 minute drum solos leave me cold/asleep ).

The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

faster

louder

snottier

hahahahahahahaha

i use to describe good music as careening downhill on a skateboard..on one foot

everyone else can just ignore this

angels with dirty faces was a comp that came out in the early 80's...

lost it for years..just found a copy last week...

red alert

attak

samples

violators

the blood

blitzkrieg

peter VV Oct 12, 2006 1:43 PM Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

Well dont know what was on the compilation with the sham 69 title, but cant fault the bad religion eh?

I can't explain it, the things you're saying to meIt's going yayayayayayaya, oh yeahThe Valley Vegan...............

I played guitar in bands for about 10 years in my youth!, still pick it up at least once a week, just love playing! The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: oh peter peter peter :) depends what you mean by "playing" hahahahhaha i played guitar in bands in the late 80's ..tho play might be a severe over statement drums before that fer longer.again..severe overstatement to say "played" hee and sang..ok..yelled and screamed..before durung and after said period currently have a bass i've picked up like 6 times this year..sad me... fer me..just really disdain "solos"...sorry

jo no offense meant fer ya'll... my tastes... peter VV Oct 12, 2006 12:56 PM Re: Ever hear of Trivium? You obviously never tried to play a guitar? or you`d appreciate the skill and techniques of some players. Personaly, I do not like a lot of noodling, but can appreciate the efforts put into some of it. Some it seems to be there just for the sake of it , or just because its an expected cliche.Some of it is played with a lot of feeling and expression ( blues particularly), some just cold filler (imo).But then again, same could be said for any instrument solos eh? ( 15 minute drum solos leave me cold/asleep ). The Valley

Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: faster louder snottier hahahahahahahaha i use to describe good music as careening downhill on a skateboard..on one foot sorry...guitar solos in no way shape or form enter into that :) As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

Hi Peter

I do like Avenged Sevenfold. The last thing I listened to was Coheed & Cambria.

Jo

-

peter VV

Thursday, October 12, 2006 6:01 PM

I like many things;-

a good tune

excitement

feeling

We all are individuals and all like different things, its inevitable, just accept the differences eh?

Jo

-

fraggle

Jo

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O.

Douglas

Peter H

I like Bad Religion.

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, October 12, 2006 6:36 PM

last records/cd's listened to..(last 24 hours er so...)

Circle One

Angels with Dirty Faces compliation album

Hard skin

Bad religion "how could hell be any worse"

etc and so forth

as everyone goes "huh?"

peter VV Oct 12, 2006 1:01 PM Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

I like many things;-

a good tune

excitement

feeling

Jo

-

fraggle

Jo

Douglas

Peter H

last thing i listened to today was scissor sisters.

theyre just for fun.

I am moody when it comes to music..

i could listen to classical one day

and punk the next. totally unpredictable

because i am also trying to accept

everything for what it is

my little boys are into schoolhouse rock

it is a gen x thing passed on!

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> I like many things;-

> a good tune

> excitement

> feeling

>

> What was the last thing you listened to?

> Me it was Avenged Sevenfold - bit of metal that I bet Jo would like!

>

> We all are individuals and all like different things, its

inevitable, just accept the differences eh?

>

> The Valley Vegan.................

>

> jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> What do you like about the music you listen to?

>

> Jo

> -

> fraggle

>

> Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:54 PM

>

>

> *so biting tongue so biting tongue*

> :)

>

>

>

>

> jo

you mean like santana

when they go on forever?

yeah, i don't have the patience.

i think that kind of playing is for the enjoyer not the enjoyee.

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> You obviously never tried to play a guitar? or you`d appreciate the

skill and techniques of some players.

> Personaly, I do not like a lot of noodling, but can appreciate the

efforts put into some of it. Some it seems to be there just for the

sake of it , or just because its an expected cliche.Some of it is

played with a lot of feeling and expression ( blues particularly),

some just cold filler (imo).But then again, same could be said for any

instrument solos eh? ( 15 minute drum solos leave me cold/asleep ).

Hi Anouk

Other than metal I like classical music - mainly classical guitar and

piano, and choral music. There is some symphonic music I like as

well.

Jo

, " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato

wrote:

>

> last thing i listened to today was scissor sisters.

> theyre just for fun.

>

> I am moody when it comes to music..

> i could listen to classical one day

> and punk the next. totally unpredictable

> because i am also trying to accept

> everything for what it is

>

> my little boys are into schoolhouse rock

> it is a gen x thing passed on!

>

>

> , peter VV <swpgh01@> wrote:

> >

> > I like many things;-

> > a good tune

> > excitement

> > feeling

> >

> > What was the last thing you listened to?

> > Me it was Avenged Sevenfold - bit of metal that I bet Jo would

like!

> >

> > We all are individuals and all like different things, its

> inevitable, just accept the differences eh?

> >

> > The Valley Vegan.................

> >

> > jo <jo.heartwork@> wrote:

> > What do you like about the music you listen to?

> >

> > Jo

> > -

> > fraggle

> >

> > Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:54 PM

> > Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

> >

> >

> > *so biting tongue so biting tongue*

> > :)

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > jo

>

lolly lolly lolly get your adverbs here

(i have all the episodes on tape...hahahahhahaha)

>Anouk Sickler <zurumato

>Oct 12, 2006 11:50 PM

>

>

>last thing i listened to today was scissor sisters.

>theyre just for fun.

>

>I am moody when it comes to music..

>i could listen to classical one day

>and punk the next. totally unpredictable

>because i am also trying to accept

>everything for what it is

>

>my little boys are into schoolhouse rock

>it is a gen x thing passed on!

>

>

> , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>>

>> I like many things;-

>> a good tune

>> excitement

>> feeling

>>

>> What was the last thing you listened to?

>> Me it was Avenged Sevenfold - bit of metal that I bet Jo would like!

>>

>> We all are individuals and all like different things, its

>inevitable, just accept the differences eh?

>>

>> The Valley Vegan.................

>>

>> jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

>> What do you like about the music you listen to?

>>

>> Jo

>> -

>> fraggle

>>

>> Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:54 PM

>> Re: Ever hear of Trivium?

>>

>>

>> *so biting tongue so biting tongue*

>> :)

>>