IndiaDivine.org

Wales - 30,000 men 'eat take-aways daily'

Rate this topic

Guest guest

30,000 men 'eat take-aways daily'

Thousands of men eat take-aways daily, according to research

Thirty-thousand men in Wales admit to eating a take-away meal every

day of the week, according to BBC research.

BBC Wales' X-Ray programme also found 40% of families ate take-aways

at least once a week.

Researchers, who spoke to more than 1,000 people in Wales about their

eating habits, found men were most keen on take-away food.

It was also found that eating habits are changing with fewer

households eating meals around a table.

The consumer programme followed several volunteers trying to make

changes in their lifestyles.

One, Darren Holmes, 20 from Penarth, south Wales, weighed just over

20 stone (127kg), and had dangerously high blood pressure.

He admitted doing no exercise, drinking four litres of cola a day,

and said he lacked energy.

Mr Holmes said he had " cravings " at all times of day.

I would wake up in the night, and I would open up a glass of coke

Darren Holmes

He said: " I would wake up in the night, and I would open up a glass

of coke, this was midnight, 1am in the morning - have a glass of coke

and go back to bed. "

After undergoing a four-week programme to change his lifestyle, which

included giving up caffeine and walking to work, Mr Holmes said he

didn't " feel like that any more " .

The programme's research also showed that the way people in Wales eat

meals is also changing, with more than a million people out of the

country's 2.9 million population preferring to eat their evening meal

in front of the television.

But the majority of people aged over 55 said they still eat at the

table.

X-Ray is broadcast on BBC One Wales at 1900 BST on Wednesday.

We were only talking about this , this morning. I have noted that there seem to be a lot of fatter kids than when I was that age, mind you we didnt have take aways in my house when I was young, and we used to go out to play all day until 6 or 7 at night , now a lot ofkids just seem to hang about texting, or stay in playing on some sort of electrical appliance............. The Valley Vegan.............heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: 30,000 men 'eat take-aways daily' Thousands of men eat take-aways daily, according to research Thirty-thousand men in Wales admit to eating a take-away meal every day of the week, according to BBC research. BBC Wales' X-Ray programme also found 40% of families ate take-aways at least once a week. Researchers, who spoke to more than

1,000 people in Wales about their eating habits, found men were most keen on take-away food. It was also found that eating habits are changing with fewer households eating meals around a table. The consumer programme followed several volunteers trying to make changes in their lifestyles. One, Darren Holmes, 20 from Penarth, south Wales, weighed just over 20 stone (127kg), and had dangerously high blood pressure. He admitted doing no exercise, drinking four litres of cola a day, and said he lacked energy. Mr Holmes said he had "cravings" at all times of day. I would wake up in the night, and I would open up a glass of coke Darren Holmes He said: "I would wake up in the night, and I would open up a glass of coke, this was midnight, 1am in the morning - have a glass of coke and go back to bed." After undergoing a four-week programme to change his lifestyle, which

included giving up caffeine and walking to work, Mr Holmes said he didn't "feel like that any more". The programme's research also showed that the way people in Wales eat meals is also changing, with more than a million people out of the country's 2.9 million population preferring to eat their evening meal in front of the television. But the majority of people aged over 55 said they still eat at the table. X-Ray is broadcast on BBC One Wales at 1900 BST on Wednesday. To send an email to -

sounds typically american.......

peter VV Oct 11, 2006 10:31 AM Re: Wales - 30,000 men 'eat take-aways daily'

We were only talking about this , this morning. I have noted that there seem to be a lot of fatter kids than when I was that age, mind you we didnt have take aways in my house when I was young, and we used to go out to play all day until 6 or 7 at night , now a lot ofkids just seem to hang about texting, or stay in playing on some sort of electrical appliance.............

The Valley Vegan.............

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Yeah, but I avoided saying that...........you only have to look into any deathburger joint to see the clientele and their physiques! The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: sounds typically american....... peter VV Oct 11, 2006 10:31 AM Re: Wales - 30,000 men 'eat take-aways daily' We were only talking about this , this morning. I have noted that there seem to be a lot of fatter kids than when I was that age, mind you we didnt have take aways in my house

when I was young, and we used to go out to play all day until 6 or 7 at night , now a lot ofkids just seem to hang about texting, or stay in playing on some sort of electrical appliance............. The Valley Vegan............. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.