IndiaDivine.org

Danger and Nobility Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi there Nikki,

Have been reading these posts with interest and I agree that sometimes when someone is trying to make a point it can come across as harsh. It can be difficult on 'paper' to perhaps expain exactly how we feel about something, especially when disagreeing with another's point of view.

In life generally it isn't always "black and white". Our day to day lives just aren't that ridged with how we have to manage our working lives at times unfortunately. You raised some good points with regard to danger and nobility in respect of peoples' various types of work and their beliefs, ending your paragraph "with a mother protecting her baby" - all in all, well said Nikki

Geraldine

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those

who could not hear the music"

~Angela Monet

-

earthstrm

Monday, October 16, 2006 1:02 PM

Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

Hi Jo and all~I think we need to remember that Jennifer is new here and not use toour chats. When we here on Vegan Chat have a discussion we are honestand open, sometimes this can come across as harsh when it is not meantto be.In answer to your question Jo on danger and nobility, there are in myopinion many noble duties where one is in danger. For Jennifer's hubbyI would think it would be defending his fellow soldiers, defending hiscountry, providing for his family etc.For police officers, animal rights advocates, Green Peace boatchasers, firemen, protestors at a rally, a mother protecting herchild, etc it is for very many other reasons.I understand your point and am just giving another point of view. :)((HUGZ))BBNikki , "jo" <jo.heartwork wrote:>> Please don't get cross - this is Vegan Chat and we hope to staypolite. > > What is noble about being in danger?> > Jo>

why does danger automatically go with nobility? and yes I think sometimes we do get carried away and are a bit too vehement in our points of view............sorry folks from the valleys. peace to all, The Valley Vegan............earthstrm <earthstorm wrote: Hi Jo and all~I think we need to remember that Jennifer is new here and not use toour chats. When we here on Vegan Chat have a discussion we are honestand open, sometimes this can come across as harsh when it is not meantto be.In answer to your question Jo on danger and nobility, there are in myopinion many noble duties where one is in danger. For Jennifer's hubbyI would think it would be defending his fellow soldiers, defending hiscountry, providing for his family

etc.For police officers, animal rights advocates, Green Peace boatchasers, firemen, protestors at a rally, a mother protecting herchild, etc it is for very many other reasons.I understand your point and am just giving another point of view. :)((HUGZ))BBNikki , "jo" wrote:>> Please don't get cross - this is Vegan Chat and we hope to staypolite. > > What is noble about being in danger?> > Jo> To send an email to -

Hi Nikki

I am aware of all the other points of view, but Jennifer did ask for

opinions. I have given my opinion in a downstated way because I would not

want to hurt any feelings. I thought it rather a confrontational question

from someone new to a group, and wonder on the actual purpose of the

question. I think it is good that people support their loved one's choices,

but if the question is asked as to whether other people support those

choices, the asker must not be surprised if people do not agree with them.

If my answser came across as harsh I can only say that it is not as harsh as

it could have been, and it was not intended to be harsh, but I will not lie

about my feelings on the matter.

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <earthstorm

> Hi Jo and all~

>

> I think we need to remember that Jennifer is new here and not use to

> our chats. When we here on Vegan Chat have a discussion we are honest

> and open, sometimes this can come across as harsh when it is not meant

> to be.

>

> In answer to your question Jo on danger and nobility, there are in my

> opinion many noble duties where one is in danger. For Jennifer's hubby

> I would think it would be defending his fellow soldiers, defending his

> country, providing for his family etc.

>

> For police officers, animal rights advocates, Green Peace boat

> chasers, firemen, protestors at a rally, a mother protecting her

> child, etc it is for very many other reasons.

>

> I understand your point and am just giving another point of view. :)

>

> ((HUGZ))

>

> BB

> Nikki

>

>

> , " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

> >

> > Please don't get cross - this is Vegan Chat and we hope to stay

> polite.

> >

> > What is noble about being in danger?

> >

> > Jo

> To send an email to -

>

Hi Geraldine

I just wanted to say that the point I made was made as I wished and was not accidentally harsh. It was not as harsh as it could have been.

Jo

-

Geraldine McCarthy

Monday, October 16, 2006 2:47 PM

Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

Hi there Nikki,

Have been reading these posts with interest and I agree that sometimes when someone is trying to make a point it can come across as harsh. It can be difficult on 'paper' to perhaps expain exactly how we feel about something, especially when disagreeing with another's point of view.

In life generally it isn't always "black and white". Our day to day lives just aren't that ridged with how we have to manage our working lives at times unfortunately. You raised some good points with regard to danger and nobility in respect of peoples' various types of work and their beliefs, ending your paragraph "with a mother protecting her baby" - all in all, well said Nikki

Geraldine

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those

who could not hear the music"

~Angela Monet

-

earthstrm

Hi Jo and all~I think we need to remember that Jennifer is new here and not use toour chats. When we here on Vegan Chat have a discussion we are honestand open, sometimes this can come across as harsh when it is not meantto be.In answer to your question Jo on danger and nobility, there are in myopinion many noble duties where one is in danger. For Jennifer's hubbyI would think it would be defending his fellow soldiers, defending hiscountry, providing for his family etc.For police officers, animal rights advocates, Green Peace boatchasers, firemen, protestors at a rally, a mother protecting herchild, etc it is for very many other reasons.I understand your point and am just giving another point of view. :)((HUGZ))BBNikki , "jo" <jo.heartwork wrote:>> Please don't get cross - this is Vegan Chat and we hope to staypolite. > > What is noble about being in danger?> > Jo>

Hi Peter

I do not think you got carried away at all - I do not remember you being impolite.

Jo

-

peter VV

Monday, October 16, 2006 6:41 PM

Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

why does danger automatically go with nobility?

and yes I think sometimes we do get carried away and are a bit too vehement in our points of view............sorry folks from the valleys.

peace to all,

The Valley Vegan............earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:

Hi Jo and all~I think we need to remember that Jennifer is new here and not use toour chats. When we here on Vegan Chat have a discussion we are honestand open, sometimes this can come across as harsh when it is not meantto be.In answer to your question Jo on danger and nobility, there are in myopinion many noble duties where one is in danger. For Jennifer's hubbyI would think it would be defending his fellow soldiers, defending hiscountry, providing for his family etc.For police officers, animal rights advocates, Green Peace boatchasers, firemen, protestors at a rally, a mother protecting herchild, etc it is for very many other reasons.I understand your point and am just giving another point of view. :)((HUGZ))BBNikki , "jo" wrote:>> Please don't get cross - this is Vegan Chat and we hope to staypolite. > > What is noble about being in danger?> > Jo> To send an email to -

Well said Jo, everyone is allowed an opinion, especially when asked in the first place! We are all individuals, and as such are allowed freedom to express our individual opinions ( until they take it away from us!) The Valley Vegan.....................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi NikkiI am aware of all the other points of view, but Jennifer did ask foropinions. I have given my opinion in a downstated way because I would notwant to hurt any feelings. I thought it rather a confrontational questionfrom someone new to a group, and wonder on the actual purpose of thequestion. I think it is good that people support their loved one's choices,but if the question is asked as to whether other people support thosechoices, the asker must not be surprised if people

do not agree with them.If my answser came across as harsh I can only say that it is not as harsh asit could have been, and it was not intended to be harsh, but I will not lieabout my feelings on the matter.BBJo-"earthstrm" Monday, October 16, 2006 1:02 PM Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights> Hi Jo and all~>> I think we need to remember that Jennifer is new here and not use to> our chats. When we here on Vegan Chat have a discussion we are honest> and open, sometimes this can come across as harsh when it is not meant> to be.>> In answer to your question Jo on danger and nobility, there are in my> opinion many noble duties where one is in danger. For Jennifer's hubby> I would think it would be defending his fellow

soldiers, defending his> country, providing for his family etc.>> For police officers, animal rights advocates, Green Peace boat> chasers, firemen, protestors at a rally, a mother protecting her> child, etc it is for very many other reasons.>> I understand your point and am just giving another point of view. :)>> ((HUGZ))>> BB> Nikki>>> , "jo" wrote:> >> > Please don't get cross - this is Vegan Chat and we hope to stay> polite.> >> > What is noble about being in danger?> >> > Jo> >>>>>>> To send an email to - >