IndiaDivine.org

Danger and Nobility Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Jo,

Point taken and understood. We are all entitled to our own individual points of view that is why it is good to come here on this list and discuss various issues with each other.

Peace

Geraldine

-

jo

Monday, October 16, 2006 8:04 PM

Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

Hi Geraldine

I just wanted to say that the point I made was made as I wished and was not accidentally harsh. It was not as harsh as it could have been.

Jo

-

Geraldine McCarthy

Monday, October 16, 2006 2:47 PM

Hi there Nikki,

Have been reading these posts with interest and I agree that sometimes when someone is trying to make a point it can come across as harsh. It can be difficult on 'paper' to perhaps expain exactly how we feel about something, especially when disagreeing with another's point of view.

In life generally it isn't always "black and white". Our day to day lives just aren't that ridged with how we have to manage our working lives at times unfortunately. You raised some good points with regard to danger and nobility in respect of peoples' various types of work and their beliefs, ending your paragraph "with a mother protecting her baby" - all in all, well said Nikki

Geraldine

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those

who could not hear the music"

~Angela Monet

-

earthstrm

Monday, October 16, 2006 1:02 PM

Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

Hi Jo and all~I think we need to remember that Jennifer is new here and not use toour chats. When we here on Vegan Chat have a discussion we are honestand open, sometimes this can come across as harsh when it is not meantto be.In answer to your question Jo on danger and nobility, there are in myopinion many noble duties where one is in danger. For Jennifer's hubbyI would think it would be defending his fellow soldiers, defending hiscountry, providing for his family etc.For police officers, animal rights advocates, Green Peace boatchasers, firemen, protestors at a rally, a mother protecting herchild, etc it is for very many other reasons.I understand your point and am just giving another point of view. :)((HUGZ))BBNikki , "jo" <jo.heartwork wrote:>> Please don't get cross - this is Vegan Chat and we hope to staypolite. > > What is noble about being in danger?> > Jo>

Hi Jo

Very good point, thank you. I would be absolutely disappointed if you

did lie, it would not be like you at all. :)

BB

Nikki

, " jo " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> Hi Nikki

>

> I am aware of all the other points of view, but Jennifer did ask for

> opinions. I have given my opinion in a downstated way because I

would not

> want to hurt any feelings. I thought it rather a confrontational

question

> from someone new to a group, and wonder on the actual purpose of the

> question. I think it is good that people support their loved one's

choices,

> but if the question is asked as to whether other people support those

> choices, the asker must not be surprised if people do not agree with

them.

> If my answser came across as harsh I can only say that it is not as

harsh as

> it could have been, and it was not intended to be harsh, but I will

not lie

> about my feelings on the matter.

>

> BB

> Jo

Hi Jennifer

So, how exactly does one manage to follow the teachings of Buddha while being in the military (see my post a moment ago about the " Noble Eightfold Path " )?

BB

Peter

On 17/10/06, Jennifer <veganjennyforlife wrote:

I'm not " anti " anything. I believe people will do as they please andmust deal with the karmatic consequences of their actions. To each

his own, I think the saying goes. I'm Buddhist because I needed tofind inner peace, which has little to do with my surroundings. Myfather is Buddhist, has been for over 30 years and was also in themilitary. Whoever it was that said life isn't " black or white " was

very right. It isn't all or nothing, sometimes the edges bleed alittle.Jennifer , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>> why does danger automatically go with nobility?> and yes I think sometimes we do get carried away and are a bittoo vehement in our points of view............sorry folks from thevalleys.

>> peace to all,> The Valley Vegan............>> earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:> Hi Jo and all~>> I think we need to remember that Jennifer is new here and not use

to> our chats. When we here on Vegan Chat have a discussion we arehonest> and open, sometimes this can come across as harsh when it is notmeant> to be.>> In answer to your question Jo on danger and nobility, there are in

my> opinion many noble duties where one is in danger. For Jennifer'shubby> I would think it would be defending his fellow soldiers, defendinghis> country, providing for his family etc.

>> For police officers, animal rights advocates, Green Peace boat> chasers, firemen, protestors at a rally, a mother protecting her> child, etc it is for very many other reasons.>> I understand your point and am just giving another point of

view. :)>> ((HUGZ))>> BB> Nikki>>> , " jo " wrote:> >> > Please don't get cross - this is Vegan Chat and we hope to stay

> polite.> >> > What is noble about being in danger?> >> > Jo> >>>>>>> To send an email to -

>

Hi Nikki

>I stepped back and read some of the posts to Jennifer and they come

>across in what can be viewed as an attacking manner, as if they were

>telling her that her views and what she does is wrong. But knowing the

>members on this list, I really do not believe that is what they meant.

From what I saw, most of the more attacking answers were posted after a comment had been made which equated to " protestors are wasting their time and they might as well give up and go home " - which is quite an attacking comment in itself. it was the one that I felt needed responding to, and I'm sure it put the backs up of many of the others on this list who give their time to trying to make the world a better place through their actions.

BB

Peter

Good point my argumentative friend, but could you have just asked the question without starting it "So, how exactly"?, go on be nice? The Valley Vegan...............Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Jennifer So, how exactly does one manage to follow the teachings of Buddha while being in the military (see my post a moment ago about the "Noble Eightfold Path")? BB Peter On 17/10/06, Jennifer <veganjennyforlife wrote: I'm not "anti" anything. I believe

people will do as they please andmust deal with the karmatic consequences of their actions. To each his own, I think the saying goes. I'm Buddhist because I needed tofind inner peace, which has little to do with my surroundings. Myfather is Buddhist, has been for over 30 years and was also in themilitary. Whoever it was that said life isn't "black or white" was very right. It isn't all or nothing, sometimes the edges bleed alittle.Jennifer , peter VV <swpgh01 wrote: >> why does danger automatically go with nobility?> and yes I think sometimes we do get carried away and are a bittoo vehement in our points of view............sorry folks from thevalleys.>> peace to all,> The Valley Vegan............>> earthstrm <earthstorm

wrote:> Hi Jo and all~>> I think we need to remember that Jennifer is new here and not use to> our chats. When we here on Vegan Chat have a discussion we arehonest> and open, sometimes this can come across as harsh when it is notmeant> to be.>> In answer to your question Jo on danger and nobility, there are in my> opinion many noble duties where one is in danger. For Jennifer'shubby> I would think it would be defending his fellow soldiers, defendinghis> country, providing for his family etc.>> For police officers, animal rights advocates, Green Peace boat> chasers, firemen, protestors at a rally, a mother protecting her> child, etc it is for very many other reasons.>> I understand your point and am just giving another point of view. :)>> ((HUGZ))>> BB> Nikki>>>

, "jo" wrote:> >> > Please don't get cross - this is Vegan Chat and we hope to stay > polite.> >> > What is noble about being in danger?> >> > Jo> >>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Hi Peter / Nikki

It was insulting.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:07 PM

From what I saw, most of the more attacking answers were posted after a comment had been made which equated to "protestors are wasting their time and they might as well give up and go home" - which is quite an attacking comment in itself. it was the one that I felt needed responding to, and I'm sure it put the backs up of many of the others on this list who give their time to trying to make the world a better place through their actions.

BB

Peter

I agree, I just dont lower myself to that level. I usually remain calm and try logic, but not being too bright I usually get things wrong............... The Valley Vegan................jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter / Nikki It was insulting. BBJo - Peter Kebbell Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:07 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights From what I saw, most of the more attacking answers were posted after a comment had been made which equated to "protestors are wasting their time and they might as well give up and go home" - which is quite an attacking comment in itself. it was the one that I felt needed responding to, and I'm sure it put the backs up of many of the others on this list who give their time to trying to make the world a better place through

their actions. BB Peter Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Well, I don't know guys. I'm a new member too and

I'll say that I will think twice about posting again

and am seriously considering getting off this list as

the conversations that I have seen in the last couple

of days have not been informative whatsoever and seem

more like attacks even though an opinion was asked

for. I highly doubt she knew what she was starting.

I would suggest dropping the conversation entirely and

instead talk about something a little less

controversial...for instance, all the yummy vegan food

we have been eating. I just recently figured out a

few products made by Boca were vegan but unfortunately

not too much Morningstar farms stuff is.

Or perhaps all the produce contaminated by cattle

ranchers in CA. If people didn't eat cows we wouldn't

have so much of that happening, would we.

Debbie

Hi Debbie

I think the Morningstar products are vegetarian not vegan. It would be nice

not to have to check for contamination.

Today we had paella for dinner - made with leeks and almonds. Very nice.

Jo

-

" Reed Deborah " <debjreed

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:30 PM

> Well, I don't know guys. I'm a new member too and

> I'll say that I will think twice about posting again

> and am seriously considering getting off this list as

> the conversations that I have seen in the last couple

> of days have not been informative whatsoever and seem

> more like attacks even though an opinion was asked

> for. I highly doubt she knew what she was starting.

> I would suggest dropping the conversation entirely and

> instead talk about something a little less

> controversial...for instance, all the yummy vegan food

> we have been eating. I just recently figured out a

> few products made by Boca were vegan but unfortunately

> not too much Morningstar farms stuff is.

> Or perhaps all the produce contaminated by cattle

> ranchers in CA. If people didn't eat cows we wouldn't

> have so much of that happening, would we.

> Debbie

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

ullo deborah

i don;t think any Morningstar products are vegan....

besides..the ingredient list is enough to scare anyone off anyways

they have so many preservatives and such, that at the end bottom of the

ingredients list it says " please see other box "

hee hee

>Reed Deborah <debjreed

>Oct 17, 2006 4:30 PM

>

> Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

>

>Well, I don't know guys. I'm a new member too and

>I'll say that I will think twice about posting again

>and am seriously considering getting off this list as

>the conversations that I have seen in the last couple

>of days have not been informative whatsoever and seem

>more like attacks even though an opinion was asked

>for. I highly doubt she knew what she was starting.

>I would suggest dropping the conversation entirely and

>instead talk about something a little less

>controversial...for instance, all the yummy vegan food

>we have been eating. I just recently figured out a

>few products made by Boca were vegan but unfortunately

>not too much Morningstar farms stuff is.

>Or perhaps all the produce contaminated by cattle

>ranchers in CA. If people didn't eat cows we wouldn't

>have so much of that happening, would we.

>Debbie

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>