Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

That sounds like an 'awkward' place to live. I used to live near

Aldershot, which is a military town, but that was pre Gulf War etc. -

more the time when we were being bombed by the IRA. We were in Devon

recently and one day were sharing the same area as a group of people

on horses with lots of jeeps around - obviously hunters. It makes me

feel really uncomfortable. I cannot listen to Christian programmes.

Jo

, " flower child " <zurumato

wrote:

>

> Hi jo,

>

> I can see how someone can be budhist in the military.

>

> where I live, 95 % of the people are loving Christians yet

> the all support the military.

>

> they are the " nicest " people in the world,

> baking pies, lots of christmas gifts, good mornings, and

> how are yous.

>

> these are my neighbors. thousands of them. Every single bumper

> sticker car around me says

> " support our troops " " Bush is my President " etc.

>

> even the ones who's sons have died in the war, with the yellow

> ribbons around their house.

> they still support the military, I am considered a weardo because

> I oppose the war. but I keep my opinions to myself.

>

> I do not get a single radio station,

> that is NOT christian on the radio. (i am not kidding, I have tried

> looking) but everytime I turn on the radio, they are talking about

the

> saviour, our lord, jesus christ.

>

> so a vegan in the military, i think must be rare.

>

> -anouk

>

> , " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork@>

wrote:

> >

> > Hi Debbie

> >

> > That sounds delicious.

> >

> > I don't think Debbie could change her life - she asked for an

opinion

> > on whether being married to a military man was okay with the

vegan

> > ethic. I think the general concensus was that it is good to

support

> > your loved ones, but that some of us don't admire the military.

Half

> > of the discussion was about Buddhism. It had nothing to do with

> > diet. I agree with you on that - there is no good preaching

about it

> > to people.

> >

> > Jo

> >

> > , Reed Deborah <debjreed@> wrote:

> > >

> > > I had leftover cashew vegetables over brown rice.

> > > Not put off but sometimes gentle nudges and living as

> > > an example work better for change than blunt,

> > > passionate opinions even if asked for. In all

> > > honesty, I didn't see the original e-mail asking for

> > > on opinion (I must have joined after that) but I could

> > > see where it was going. If we believe in no harm to

> > > others, I think that should include mentally and

> > > emotionally as well as physically. By kind words and

> > > very gentle discussion, I think eventually she would

> > > have understood your veiwpoint and may have changed in

> > > her lifestyle. People become vegetarian for different

> > > reasons. Sometimes it is a health related issue. In

> > > learning more, they realize there are other, more

> > > pressing reasons outside themselves, to be a

> > > vegetarian. With time, the next logical step often

> > > occurs and they become vegan. Not put off, just would

> > > rather be a quiet example because I know I have not

> > > always been one either.

> > > Debbie

> > > PS Most of my sweet potato recipes I got from the

> > > vegetarian group here on . Highly recommend them.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

wow..yer right

i looked up radio stations in yer area

here's the only one i could find that wasn't right wing talk radio, x-tian, or

country

WTZB 105.9 FM 1059 The Buzz - Today's New Rock Alternative

>flower child <zurumato

>Oct 19, 2006 8:25 PM

>

> Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

>

>Hi jo,

>

>I can see how someone can be budhist in the military.

>

>where I live, 95 % of the people are loving Christians yet

>the all support the military.

>

>they are the " nicest " people in the world,

>baking pies, lots of christmas gifts, good mornings, and

>how are yous.

>

>these are my neighbors. thousands of them. Every single bumper

>sticker car around me says

> " support our troops " " Bush is my President " etc.

>

>even the ones who's sons have died in the war, with the yellow

>ribbons around their house.

>they still support the military, I am considered a weardo because

>I oppose the war. but I keep my opinions to myself.

>

>I do not get a single radio station,

>that is NOT christian on the radio. (i am not kidding, I have tried

>looking) but everytime I turn on the radio, they are talking about the

>saviour, our lord, jesus christ.

>

>so a vegan in the military, i think must be rare.

>

>-anouk

>

> , " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>>

>> Hi Debbie

>>

>> That sounds delicious.

>>

>> I don't think Debbie could change her life - she asked for an opinion

>> on whether being married to a military man was okay with the vegan

>> ethic. I think the general concensus was that it is good to support

>> your loved ones, but that some of us don't admire the military. Half

>> of the discussion was about Buddhism. It had nothing to do with

>> diet. I agree with you on that - there is no good preaching about it

>> to people.

>>

>> Jo

>>

>> , Reed Deborah <debjreed@> wrote:

>> >

>> > I had leftover cashew vegetables over brown rice.

>> > Not put off but sometimes gentle nudges and living as

>> > an example work better for change than blunt,

>> > passionate opinions even if asked for. In all

>> > honesty, I didn't see the original e-mail asking for

>> > on opinion (I must have joined after that) but I could

>> > see where it was going. If we believe in no harm to

>> > others, I think that should include mentally and

>> > emotionally as well as physically. By kind words and

>> > very gentle discussion, I think eventually she would

>> > have understood your veiwpoint and may have changed in

>> > her lifestyle. People become vegetarian for different

>> > reasons. Sometimes it is a health related issue. In

>> > learning more, they realize there are other, more

>> > pressing reasons outside themselves, to be a

>> > vegetarian. With time, the next logical step often

>> > occurs and they become vegan. Not put off, just would

>> > rather be a quiet example because I know I have not

>> > always been one either.

>> > Debbie

>> > PS Most of my sweet potato recipes I got from the

>> > vegetarian group here on . Highly recommend them.

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Good grief, whats wrong with your nieghbourhood, Christianity brainwashing? - on EVERY radio station? must be awful.........military propoganda must be effective around there then? The Valley Vegan................ Dont, Dont, Dont, dont believe the hype............flower child <zurumato wrote: Hi jo, I can see how someone can be budhist in the military. where I live, 95 % of the people are loving Christians yet the all support the military. they are the "nicest" people in the world, baking pies, lots of christmas gifts, good mornings, and how are yous. these are my neighbors. thousands of them. Every single bumpersticker car around me says"support our troopsBush is my President" etc. even the ones who's sons have

died in the war, with the yellow ribbons around their house. they still support the military, I am considered a weardo becauseI oppose the war. but I keep my opinions to myself. I do not get a single radio station, that is NOT christian on the radio. (i am not kidding, I have triedlooking) but everytime I turn on the radio, they are talking about the saviour, our lord, jesus christ. so a vegan in the military, i think must be rare. -anouk , "heartwerk" wrote:>> Hi Debbie> > That sounds delicious.> > I don't think Debbie could change her life - she asked for an opinion > on whether being married to a military man was okay with the vegan > ethic. I think the general concensus was that it is good to support > your loved ones, but that some of us don't admire the military. Half > of the discussion was

about Buddhism. It had nothing to do with > diet. I agree with you on that - there is no good preaching about it > to people.> > Jo> > , Reed Deborah wrote:> >> > I had leftover cashew vegetables over brown rice.> > Not put off but sometimes gentle nudges and living as> > an example work better for change than blunt,> > passionate opinions even if asked for. In all> > honesty, I didn't see the original e-mail asking for> > on opinion (I must have joined after that) but I could> > see where it was going. If we believe in no harm to> > others, I think that should include mentally and> > emotionally as well as physically. By kind words and> > very gentle discussion, I think eventually she would> > have understood your veiwpoint and may have changed in> > her

lifestyle. People become vegetarian for different> > reasons. Sometimes it is a health related issue. In> > learning more, they realize there are other, more> > pressing reasons outside themselves, to be a> > vegetarian. With time, the next logical step often> > occurs and they become vegan. Not put off, just would> > rather be a quiet example because I know I have not> > always been one either.> > Debbie> > PS Most of my sweet potato recipes I got from the> > vegetarian group here on . Highly recommend them.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >>To send an email to -

Maybe you could sgare it with us when you finish?..put it on the web some how? The Valley Vegan............flower child <zurumato wrote: well I took a translating project for the military,but I don't think i will do that again, seems like negative energy. when I translate I feel removed, like I am a robot,putting words from one language to another. currently I am writing a 20 page paper on aspects of Veganism. that is taking up my free time. , Reed Deborah wrote:>> I had leftover cashew vegetables over brown rice.> Not put off but sometimes gentle nudges and living as> an example work better for change than blunt,> passionate opinions even if asked for. In

all> honesty, I didn't see the original e-mail asking for> on opinion (I must have joined after that) but I could> To send an email to -

christian(especially evangelical) radio stations(and tv as well) dominate many of the markets here...

starting in the early 80's, they made a concerted effot to buy up as much as possible.

i think there are more then 2000 radio stations here that are owned and push that agenda...

peter VV Oct 20, 2006 2:54 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

Good grief, whats wrong with your nieghbourhood, Christianity brainwashing? - on EVERY radio station? must be awful.........military propoganda must be effective around there then?

The Valley Vegan................

Dont, Dont, Dont, dont believe the hype............

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

and the sheep follow the shepherd.............ha, ha, couldnt resist an almost biblical quote. Gullible or brainwashed then? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: christian(especially evangelical) radio stations(and tv as well) dominate many of the markets here... starting in the early 80's, they made a concerted effot to buy up as much as possible. i think there are more then 2000 radio stations here that are owned and push that agenda... peter VV Oct 20, 2006 2:54 PM To:

Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights Good grief, whats wrong with your nieghbourhood, Christianity brainwashing? - on EVERY radio station? must be awful.........military propoganda must be effective around there then? The Valley Vegan................ Dont, Dont, Dont, dont believe the hype............ As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

when you only get one side of world perspective, whats the difference?

if all you are spoon fed is a certain angle on world events, cultures, and news...how would

you know any different...?

peter VV Oct 20, 2006 3:44 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

and the sheep follow the shepherd.............ha, ha, couldnt resist an almost biblical quote.

Gullible or brainwashed then?

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

christian(especially evangelical) radio stations(and tv as well) dominate many of the markets here...

starting in the early 80's, they made a concerted effot to buy up as much as possible.

i think there are more then 2000 radio stations here that are owned and push that agenda...

peter VV Oct 20, 2006 2:54 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

Good grief, whats wrong with your nieghbourhood, Christianity brainwashing? - on EVERY radio station? must be awful.........military propoganda must be effective around there then?

Dont, Dont, Dont, dont believe the hype............ As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Peter H

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

yeah to a degree, but everyone learns to feed themselves at one stage or another? The Valley Vegan............. The man on the door has a head like MarsLike a baby born to the doors of the barsAnd surrounded by steam with his folded armsHe’s got that urban genie thing going on He’s so mercifully free of the pressures of graceSaint Peter in satin he’s like Buddha with mace fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: when you only get one side of world perspective, whats the difference? if all you are spoon fed is a certain angle on world events, cultures, and news...how would you know any different...? peter VV Oct 20, 2006 3:44 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights and the sheep follow the shepherd.............ha, ha, couldnt resist an almost biblical quote. Gullible or brainwashed then? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: christian(especially evangelical) radio stations(and tv as well) dominate many of the markets here... starting in the early 80's, they made a concerted effot to buy up as much as possible. i think there are more then 2000 radio stations here that are

owned and push that agenda... peter VV Oct 20, 2006 2:54 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights Good grief, whats wrong with your nieghbourhood, Christianity brainwashing? - on EVERY radio station? must be awful.........military propoganda must be effective around there then? The Valley Vegan................ Dont, Dont, Dont, dont believe the hype............ As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in

the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

and most people (at least here) eat where?

at mcdeathburger or some other fast food hell

er eat processed prepackaged corn syrup coated monstrosities...

why?

because its easy, and ubiquitos

again..if thats all you get, if thats what surrounds you....

then?

lobbing it back to you......

peter VV Oct 20, 2006 4:29 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

yeah to a degree, but everyone learns to feed themselves at one stage or another?

The Valley Vegan.............

The man on the door has a head like MarsLike a baby born to the doors of the barsAnd surrounded by steam with his folded armsHes got that urban genie thing going on Hes so mercifully free of the pressures of graceSaint Peter in satin hes like Buddha with mace fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

when you only get one side of world perspective, whats the difference?

if all you are spoon fed is a certain angle on world events, cultures, and news...how would

you know any different...?

peter VV Oct 20, 2006 3:44 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

and the sheep follow the shepherd.............ha, ha, couldnt resist an almost biblical quote.

Gullible or brainwashed then?

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Dont, Dont, Dont, dont believe the hype............ As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in

the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas

Peter H

Tastes change, you realise after a while that there are other flavours? The Valley Vegan............. fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: and most people (at least here) eat where? at mcdeathburger or some other fast food hell er eat processed prepackaged corn syrup coated monstrosities... why? because its easy, and ubiquitos again..if thats all you get, if thats what surrounds you.... then? lobbing it back to you...... peter VV Oct 20, 2006 4:29 PM

Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights yeah to a degree, but everyone learns to feed themselves at one stage or another? The Valley Vegan............. The man on the door has a head like MarsLike a baby born to the doors of the barsAnd surrounded by steam with his folded armsHe’s got that urban genie thing going on He’s so mercifully free of the pressures of graceSaint Peter in satin he’s like Buddha with mace fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: when you only get one side of world perspective, whats the difference? if all you are spoon fed is a certain angle on world events, cultures,

and news...how would you know any different...? peter VV Oct 20, 2006 3:44 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights and the sheep follow the shepherd.............ha, ha, couldnt resist an almost biblical quote. Gullible or brainwashed then? The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: christian(especially evangelical) radio stations(and tv as well) dominate many of the markets here... starting in the

early 80's, they made a concerted effot to buy up as much as possible. i think there are more then 2000 radio stations here that are owned and push that agenda... peter VV Oct 20, 2006 2:54 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights Good grief, whats wrong with your nieghbourhood, Christianity brainwashing? - on EVERY radio station? must be awful.........military propoganda must be effective around there then? The Valley Vegan................ Dont, Dont, Dont, dont believe the hype............ As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression.

In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the

darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

ok..to keep with the metaphor...

what if all you've ever seen is hamburgers

never seen a bowl of rice and vegetables

everything they offer is french fries and hamburgers

so, maybe yer tastes might change...but, this is all there is...yer gonna think thats it..

maybe you could drive to the next county and find something new..whats this, veggie chili? wow!

but..most people are going t osit back and continue to eat the same hamburger and french fries..i mean freedom fries..(ok ok..chips fer you folks across the pond)

peter VV Oct 20, 2006 4:50 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

Tastes change, you realise after a while that there are other flavours?

The Valley Vegan.............

continuing in the same vien..... you would have to be very insular, not being in a position to see, or hear of alternative menus? Maybe I live in too much hope for the human race and its ability to think for its self? The Valley Vegan................. Give us this day our daily dead keep it in the news 'til the ban's been lifted when it's given a name and it's given a face it's easier to separate, confuse and debase believe it nowfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ok..to keep with the metaphor... what if all you've ever seen is hamburgers never seen a bowl of rice and vegetables everything they offer is french fries and hamburgers so, maybe yer tastes might change...but, this is all there is...yer gonna think thats it.. maybe you could drive to the next county and find something new..whats this, veggie chili? wow! but..most people are going t osit back and continue to eat the same hamburger and french fries..i mean freedom fries..(ok ok..chips fer you folks across the pond) peter VV Oct 20, 2006 4:50 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights Tastes change, you realise after a while that there are other flavours? The Valley

Vegan............. As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting

ok..let me out it this way

since we just got back from our trip..

let me just say....its scary out there...

and, when you have a certain, belief system, and everyone buys into that same belief system, whether it be religion, or nationalism, er shopping at wal-mart..its hard to even contemplate something else

sure, some people do...

but most people don't buck the trend

why look fer anything else, when everything you need to know is told to you, and repeated, ad naseum

every radio station we listened to harped on the same things...

immigrants bad

terrorists bad

bush good

being for war good..

if thats all you hear...day in and day out...how many are going to disagree?

peter VV Oct 20, 2006 5:05 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights

continuing in the same vien.....

you would have to be very insular, not being in a position to see, or hear of alternative menus?

Maybe I live in too much hope for the human race and its ability to think for its self?

more and more i hope? the valley vegan..........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ok..let me out it this way since we just got back from our trip.. let me just say....its scary out there... and, when you have a certain, belief system, and everyone buys into that same belief system, whether it be religion, or nationalism, er shopping at wal-mart..its hard to even contemplate something else sure, some people do... but most people don't buck the trend why look fer anything else, when everything you need to know is told to you, and repeated, ad naseum every radio station we listened to harped on the same things... immigrants

bad terrorists bad bush good being for war good.. if thats all you hear...day in and day out...how many are going to disagree? peter VV Oct 20, 2006 5:05 PM Re: Danger and Nobility Re: Navy Daze and Vegan Nights continuing in the same vien..... you would have to be very insular, not being in a position to see, or hear of alternative menus? Maybe I live in too much hope for the human race and its ability to think for its self? As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged, and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight, lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness. William O. Douglas Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.